50 and Over: ~~ "Wondering Wednesday"~

fox2star

Cathlete
Wondering why I only lost 1/2 pound this week! I know why.. it was all that stuff I ate this weekend! Now I am paying for it... oh well, back on track as of yesterday,,

Good Morning to all:

Today was an I-Tread and Tamilee stretch.. Wow this is a great DVD. I only did the standing stretch of the Beginner section and it was wonderful! Looking forward to trying out the others. Thanks to whoever posted that on here! My memory is going! x(

Today's menu:

Post workout: Choc protein drink w/12 oz water
B- 1/2 c Cherrios w/1/3 c strawberries, 1/3 c skim milk
S- low fat yogurt
L- Ham on whole wheat, fruit, 8 oz skim milk
S- stringster and 5 L/F Triskets
D- Lean Cuisine and 1 cup mixed vegs
S- Slim a Bear or WW Choc ice cream bar

Garance: Glad you like the Slim a Bear bars. I really am not a bargain hunter, but the Lands End Outlet is really good. They had dress pants for 50% off the reg price.. only could not find any that fit:-( Did you do all the combos on Low Max? That is great!:7

Linny:
Sounds like you have a good deal with the new job. It is so important to have a good insurance plan. Good for you doing Body Max and tris! We will get back into the swing of watching what we eat and the pounds will start to move!;-)

Jen: OMG!! I can;t believe that this happened!;( I am so glad you are ok. Why did you have to take a cab to the clinic? didn't anyone offer to drive you? I know if this happened in my office, I would have had another employee or myself drive the person to the clinic..You actually went back to work after this?? I hope your neck is better.. and you can have 2 glasses of wine, you deserve it!.. and yes...no workout for you!}(

Have a great day!;-)

Deb

RE: 50 and Over: ~~

Hi Deb, Jen, and Linny--

No exercise today. As a result, I feel somewhat groggy. I guess it reminds me of how much exercise does for me in terms of energizing my metabolism.

Jen, I cannot believe you went back to work after that. I would be so traumatized I probably would never get back into an elevator.

Linny, there are 3 shorter premixes on Low Max--all combos (44 min.), the first four combos and intervals (45 min.) and the last 4 combos and intervals (44 min.). I really like them for days when I just don't feel like doing all 68 min. of Low Max. I have a feeling I am going to like the new DVDs because the cardio is shorter.

This morning my legs were definitely sore from SH Legs.

I successfully resisted the Danish at the advisors' meeting this morning.

Well, back to work here. My advisees should be showing up very soon.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

Hi Deb and Garance and those to follow:
Jen: I am sorry to hear of your accident.I would have been freakin out. What a woman to go back to work! I would have gone home, had a bottle of wine never mind the glass. Get better soon.
Deb: Here's my menu from yesterday:
Spec.K w/milk
slice of raisin toast
Odwalla Bar(they are a food bar-8grams protein plenty of antioxidants)
almonds
chicken ziti w/broccoli
pita bread
3 oatmeal raisin cookies(oops)
Do you plan your meals for the day in the morning? Cograts on the 1/2pd loss,better than gaining:)
Garance: I didn't even realize that about Lowmax. I've been doing the whole thing.Saving it for days I have more time,thanks for telling me. I did some kickmax and KPC today.Also bis from PS.
Well I'm off to shop, need new clothes for new job. Ihate buying a larger size.x( I'll check in later~Linny~

Many thanks for all the good wishes, Ladies!

Deb, it's Chronicle policy to send people who are injured on the job to the doctor in cabs. They gave me 2 cab vouchers (one to use each way) with a lousy $2 tip written onto each one. I felt bad for the poor cabdrivers and gave them extra.

Since I had to come back to the building anyway (the cab driver can only take me to the address on the voucher), I decided just to stay, since DH had dropped me off in the morning, and I didn't want to deal with any more cabs, buses or any public transportation. Let's just say I didn't exactly knock myself out working.

That elevator is still not working today - guess I broke it good! Also, I feel like I've been kicked by a horse. I have a feeling there will be no workout this evening either, and tomorrow morning early we are leaving for our weekend getaway to a B&B in the hill country. Hmmm - looks like there may be no working out until Monday. However, I am planning to do lots of walking this weekend. Uh, though some of it will be touring the Blue Bell Creamery to see how they make their ice cream. They give you a free ice cream cone at the end of the tour - it would be impolite to turn it down, right?

Wow, garance, you are strong to turn down that danish - way to go!

Have a wonderful day, wonderful weekend, I'll check in with you ladies Monday, and I'll read all the threads between now and then -
Jen

Hi Ladies,

Jen, Sorry to hear about your accident! take care on your vacation, don't do too much.

I ate too much during the long weekend, but I did run on Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. Today I will be doing my weights.

I have been a bit depressed, my friend Jeannie is getting worst. She is the one that has lung cancer and in the last week the tumor on her neck started growing again and she had a very bad reaction to the medication that she was taking. My friends and I are scared that this it so I have not been able to concentrate much on anything.

Please pray for my friend!

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.