50 and Over- *Wondering Wednesday*

fox2star

Cathlete
"Wondering if I am ever going to be able to not eat sugar!"

Good morning all!

Did MM upper body pre-mix today.. I really like this workout, except for the bands.. I don;t mind them in the lower leg presses, but usually sub another weight excercise when she uses them for upper body..I guess I'm just a tradionalist at heart!

Linny: You can print the book out at home, but I think the cost of the toner you would use may be the same as having it done at Kinkos! If you have a way with your home printer to do it 2-sided, I would try it.

Melrose: regarding the BFFM book, the only place you can get it is on Tom's web site.. it is pretty easy, and I believe I used Paypal because I was a little hesitant to give them a credit card. From what I know now about him, I think it would be ok.. when you get his book, you automatically get signed up for the BFFM newsletter and you get a bunch of extra stuff sent to you as well.. He has a member only type of thing that you have to pay for but I never signed up for that one.. most of the time he ends up sending out what others have paid to read to the newsletter people anyway.. I would post a link to his latest article "Tom's 4 Top 10 lists of Foods that Burn Fat" but I don;t think I am allowed to do this.. I think this is part of the agreement that you won;t give away his stuff.. Kathy?

Garance: good for you on fitting into those size 6"s ! I am impressed! I have the SB diet book, but not a separate cookbook.. is i worth the money? you say uncomplicated recipes.. that's what I am all about!Your pork dish sounds yummy! Thanks for posting the recipe! Now to find that black currant jam here in Buffalo!

Kathy: Thanks for the help on the calories etc.. so with zig-zagging, would I do 1600 for 3 days then drop to 1400? I see you use carbs instead of calorie staggering?

Rhonda: Wow 11 pounds down is amazing! Kudos to you for sticking with it and getting off that plateau! Time to change your weight tracker! Don't you love when you have to do that? ( as long as it is going in the right direction LOL!) I had S&H on VHS a while ago and ended up selling it on Ebay.. have played around with getting the DVD.. are there pre-mixes or is it as is?

Hope everyone has a great day! (only 3 more days till the weekend!
;-)

Deb

Good Morning All:
Deb:I do want to buy book, hopefully by the end of this week if not sooner.Thanks for info on 2-sided I have to check out my printer. I not I'll go Kathy's route and put it on cd.
Kathy: Thanks for your help with calorie amounts. I hope I have the patience to count them.
Rhonda: Congrats! 11pds thats great. I can't wait till I'm there.
Garance: Size 6 Yahoo! Remember them days. Actually I have size 4,6,8 and 10's. I hope to get into my 8's by the end of summer: )
Hi Melrose and Josie and anyone I missed.~Linny~
Did Kickmax,bis,chest of PUB.

Good Morning!

Last night's w/out was Squeeze exercises from Power & Custom + BM2 abs + Amy Bento's HLX premix 33". Can't stand this one!x( I didn't realize she repeats 3 combos another time. I already had enough of them the 1st time around.:( I plan on sticking w/Squeeze for one month + adding in my own leg routine. Sure hope I see results.

Tonight I plan on doing all the upper body exercises in High Step Challenge using the Mix & Match feature. Hope it won't be long.

Deb: Do 1600 cals for 3 days then drop it down to 1400 for one day & then go back up again. As you can see from Rhonda's results from eating more, she's lost 11#s so far. It works. Its daunting at first to keep track of everything as well as the cooking, but its worth it.

Linny: I would have Kinkos print out the ebook for you if you must print it out. Otherwise, just read it off the computer like I did. I never printed mine out.

Melrose: Tom listed his Top 10 foods but us members aren't supposed to post a link. All the foods are listed anyway from his ebook.

Garance: I too have Lucky Jeans. Question: When I first bought mine they were snug & tight. Now there loose & baggy. Haven't washed them yet. Did you find that too w/these jeans? Thanks very much for the recipe. Can't wait to try it. I'm off to try to find that black currant jam.

Rhonda: Way to go!!!! High fives on that 11# loss! Wonderful! Keep up the great work. Only 9 more to go. You can do it.

Have a great day ladies! BBL, Kathy:D

Hi ladies!

I did Gym Style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps this morning. I wish there was more shoulders and less biceps on this routine. Tomorrow I will do another Kimberly Spreen--the one that clocks in just under 60 minutes, cannot remember the name.

Kathy, Lucky Jeans get snug again if you throw them in the dryer after washing. I know what you mean though about the fit getting looser and looser with wearing. I think that's why they always recommend a size or even two sizes smaller than you are accustomed to wearing. Since I ordinarily wear (I hope WORE) a 10, I bought 8s, and then I thought, oh well, try the 6s, but that was a rude awakening until yesterday when they magically went on. I really think it has something to do with South Beach diet, because he says that you will lose it around the middle, and that's where those 6s refused to button up.

Linny, the first South Beach cookbook was too fancy for most people, so he came out with a fast and easy cookbook and this one is very easy and not like Rachel Ray's 30-minute cookbooks, which NEVER clock in under 45 minutes, much less 30. These recipes really are about 30 minutes. There are even some desserts I intend to try. I also ordered his new cookbook for summer, because the reviews at Amazon were very positive. I ordinarily love to cook, but during the summer, when the weather gets hot and sticky, not.

Rented a depressing film from Netflix for last night--a French film titled L'Enfant. It received great reviews, but I don't really see why. About an amoral jerk who sells his baby and then, when his girlfriend gets angry, has to get it back. But it's not clear why he is the way he is, or why he does something potentially redemptive at the end. I love foreign films by the great directors, but this one just seems useless and not cinematically interesting either.

Tonight I'm doing a tandoori grilled chicken recipe, with grilled mangoes, too, although I will go light on such a sugary fruit.

Have a great day everyone!!

Hi, Guys,

I think a few of you may be mixing me up with someone else - my questions on the e-book only had to do with printing it out. Oh, well, doesn't matter, I'm sure the answers addressed to me will be read by the person who asked!

Never mind (said in my best Roseanne Roseannadanna voice).

Actually, now that I think about it, I can always order the book, read it on the computer, and copy and paste parts I want to print out into a Word document (at least, I think that should work).

I did Pilates for Dummies last night, and the tape died towards the end. I knew it was coming, it had been messing up. To tell you the truth, I'm glad I had to toss it! I've concluded that Pilates is just not my thing.

Tonight - Powermax.

Here I am, posting last as usual.

Slow and Heavy does not have premixes. It is easy to separate each body part. I have done with one body part a day rotations. Or when one want to change the body parts around.

Did I Max 2 today. It is definitely easier to modify than I Max 3. Of the three I Max's, it is my favorite. Tomorrow I will finish SH series with Shoulders and Legs.

Tomorrow is my last day of work before summer break. Students will be there in the morning. Principal said we do not have to come in on Friday if everything is taken care of....tomorrow I will stay at work until I am done. I feel really tired, physically and emotionally.
Although I have a lot to do this summer, it will be nice to have the freedom and time to do it.

Keep me up to date on how your food plans are going. Next week I will probably have time to check out the web site you are all downloading from...however I am going to stick with Weight Watchers...it is working for me. Hopefully in the next two months I will be able to loose the remainig nine pounds of my original goal.

It is funny but in the last few days many people have admired the same earrings I have worn forever, asking if they are new. I know my face is thinner and my jawline is stronger....but for some reason they are focusing on my earlobes....very strange.

Regards to all,

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.