50 and Over *Wednesday*

linnyrn

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies:
I'll get the ball rolling since Deb is out of town..
This morning did Stepblast and bi's.Also started yoga for stress. About 10 minutes into workout broke out in hives. Last night when I went for a walk with son it started and it was the worst yet. I had to call my husband to pick me up. I looked like a freak. My face,neck,chest,arms,stomach,back all over. My husband took pictures to show MD. Hope I can see him today. Well enough of my stupid problem.
Kathy: I'm planning on trying to download Ebook on cd tonight, maybe my son can help. He's better at that stuff than me.
A friend at work told me she started doing South Beach Diet and has lost 3 pds. HMMM!
Waving HI to Rhonda,Garance,Melrose,Deb and Josie.

Hi Linny!

Rhonda beat you to it over on the other thread.

I can't believe your having such a terrible reaction to stress. You need to see the doctor pronto. Yoga is not going to relieve your stress at this point. I hope you get into the doctor today too.

Very good w/out. I love Stepblast. I did the 43" premix to BM2 + 30" of PY4H Quickie. I was sweating buckets. Tonight I'll do ME. My legs are toast though & all those leg presses. Oy!

South Beach diet is excellent, however, you do eat an awful lot of fish. Eating primarily fish will most certainly make you drop the #s quickly. However, you have to know what waters the fish come from due to contaminants & mercury. I have a website that I use oceansalive.org. This is a non-profit organization. If your considering doing this diet instead of BFFM, please print off the list. With BFFM your given an extensive list & you can create your own meals. You'll see once you have it printed out.

Have a wonderful day! BBL, Kathy:D

Hi Linny and Kathy--

I am on South Beach and eat a lot of different kinds of meat--not just fish. If you look at the South Beach cookbooks, there's a lot of recipes for pork, beef (I'm doing a beef satay recipe tomorrow night), and chicken, as well as fish. I've been on the diet for 6 weeks and have lost 9 pounds. I never feel deprived--even the first two weeks weren't so bad when you cannot eat fruit. I just ate a lot of veggies.

Gee--hives. When I was little, I loved homegrown tomatoes so much that I would gorge on them and break out in hives on my legs. Could it be a food allergy?

I did the 46 minute push/pull upper body premix this morning. Tomorrow I plan on the Spreen 70 minute workout (cannot remember the name at the moment).

Big Love is that HBO series with the polygamous family. Bill Paxton plays the husband and he has three wives. Excellent acting. It's really very good.

I'm trying to discipline my afternoons so that I don't fritter them away. Following a strict schedule. See if this perks me up.

Have a great Wednesday.

Hi Garance!

The one SB cookbook I have was mostly fish recipes. I'll look in the bookstore & check out the Quick & Easy book. I never realized there were many different recipes. Thx for letting me know. Kathy

Happy Wednesday, All,

Today is my Friday, yay! I get to stay up as late as I want, since it's not a ``school night!''

Did Karen Voight's Lean Legs and Buns yesterday - I really enjoy it, especially the second and third part. Tonight, I'm doing the step part of Candace Copeland's Step and Low.

Linny, I'm so sorry. Hives are horrible. I guess you've tried Benadryl? Of course, if you're like me, Benadryl will knock you out.

Hi ladies;
Kathy: Thanks so much of telling me that Rhonda already started us. I quess my eyesight isn't as good as it was.
MD agrees stress induced hives, so pretty much my body is allergic to excercise,cold water,pressure, hot water and stress.This stinks! He started me on prednisone and ativan. Told me I need to do something or I'm going to end up in the hospital. Told him I probably will quit job and he feels thats a good idea.BM2 is one of my favorites, I've only done the cardio premix though.
Melrose: Karen Voight and Candace ar 2 other instructors I really like.You are right about the Benedryl I wask up the next morning feeeling like a Mac truck hit me.
Garance: 9lb loss thats great. I'm gonna have to look at that book again. You know I wish this was a food allergy than I could just remove it from my diet.~Linny ~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.