50 And Over: *Tuesday*

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Nice to see some new "faces" here in the check-in! Welcome to all!

Up at 4:20 to do PUB, upper only pre-mix. I love these workouts.. only wish she would give more time between sets.. have to pause the DVD a lot..finally lost a pound! It has taken 2 weeks to see any loss at all..Same here with the weather.. it's been raining for 3 days now but we really needed it.

Linny: What a nice anniversary celebration you had! Glad you tried some cake and the necklace sounds beautiful!

Kathy H: sounds like you are liking the Squeeze workouts.. I am still not ready to try something so different! I may use the circuit pre-mixes on one of my up coming weeks.. sounds good.

Melrose: don't feel bad about not knowing about this check-in.. we just starting a couple of weeks ago. Sounds like you have a very demanding job!

Garance: Another Squeeze enthusiast! welcome to the forum! I hear you on the weight thing.. after 50 I swear my metabolism went to South Beach!

Josie: good for you for mixing it up a bit and trying something new! You are awesome with the amount of cardio you are able to do!

Rhonda: thanks for the info on the bra fitting.. we don't have a Nordstrom here ( Buffalo NY) but we do have Lord & Taylor and Macy's, maybe when I am ready I will try one of those.

Have a great day all.;-)

Deb

Good Moring Ladies!

Deb: 4:20 to do PUB! Good grief! I too love that workout but in the evening when I'm awake. Aren't you afraid of dropping the weight? I admire you for waking up so early. Congrats on the 1# loss. That's wonderful.

I'm enjoying Squeeze such a nice change from always lifting up the heavy bb. Did Squeeze again last night all 3 workouts. Getting better at it each time I do it.

Tonight's my rest day. Its award night at the high school. Probably won't get home until 9. Tomorrow I'll do either MM ub or Drill Max ub & cardio. Haven't decided yet.

Have a wonderful day ladies! BBL, Kathy:D

I cannot believe you, Deb, that you arose at 4:20! Even my farmer/husband/workaholic only does that on very special occasions--our bull Kool is roaring like a T-Rex in Jurassic Park because a heifer is in heat, a calf is getting born, the doors are rattling from the wind--that sort of thing.

I was pretty stiff from yesterday's Squeeze, but tried Dancing with the Stars for the first time. I got a so-so workout because I'm learning, but it also went by pretty fast. I loved the cha-cha and the samba and did work up a sweat, but the jive got too complicated too fast, and forget their freestyle 10 minutes--they didn't even try to teach.

Tomorrow I think I will do Muscle Max.

Have a great day, everyone!

I, too, applaud your ability to get up at 4:20 - I am so out of it in the mornings that I get up at 5:30 in order to be out the door by 7 - I have to add in time to slowly sip 2 cups of coffee in order to become vertical and have the ability to use sentences that contain verbs!

Yesterday, I only did the chest portion of Slow and Heavy, because my daughter and 2 of my grandsons showed up unexpectedly. However, we did go for a walk in the neighborhood. Today I will finish up the tape by doing the back portion and MAYBE do a portion of Christi Taylor's Step Heaven - that's some complex choreography.

Tomorrow I begin an 8-day stint of working - my next day off is a week from Thursday - let's hope I keep up the exercise!

Hi Ladies:
Welcome Melrose and Garance, glad you found us. I'll introduce myself. I am 50yrs young, married 7 yrs and have 3 children(20,31&32),2 granddaughters(8&13)and grandson(8).I work in nursing management. I love to workout daily and waterski in the summer.I weigh about 156 and would love to lose 20pds.I have set a goal to lose 8pds by July 1st.
Today did lowmax and tris from PS.
Deb: I get up at 5am during the week to do workout.It just seems like second nature now. I know that if I don't I'd never do after work.~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.