50 and Over *Thursday*

linnyrn

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies:
Well didn't go for walk last night, afraid I'd break out in hives.So I spent the night waxing my sons back(he's like a monkey).
Tried working out this morning did about half hour and the hives started so I had to stop.My MD said if I go waterskiing this weekend to wear a wetsuit so maybe it will protect me from hives.
Kathy: Do you know if I can copy ebook onto a dvd-r? If not I quess I'll have to go buy some. How's your job going?
Garance: Big Love on HBO is that comedy or drama? I don't have HBO but I have been thinking of geting it.
Melrose:Hope you had fun staying up late?
Rhonda: I don't see a post so hoping I didn't miss it.Have a great day~Linny~

Hi Linny & Everyone Else!

Linny: I'm sorry your hives aren't any better. You weren't able to get into see the doctor yesterday? Is that all he suggested, a wetsuit? When is your appt?

I have no idea if you can copy it onto a dvd-r. You can try it. Can you just highlight the portions you want printed out? You can read the rest off of the computer. My job's not going well at all. Latest is the directors of the board have now taken over the negotiations. Which means in all likelihood company will be sold to Murdoch.x( I'm looking for a new job in the meantime. Came across 2 already. I'm confident I'll find something soon.;-)

Garance: I haven't seen Big Love on HBO. I'll have to check it out.

My workout last night was ME. I forgot how long this one was. Forgot that it was low weight/high rep & those leg presses!!!:eek: Oy! My legs are toast today! Tonight is my rest day as I have 2 errands to run tonight. Friday night I'm doing Tracey's Sculpt Sweatfest.

Have a great Thursday! Kathy:D

Hi Linny and Kathy and you later-comers to the forum!

I did Kimberly Spreen this morning. Tomorrow I think I will do Supersets upper body premix again--59 min.

I am wearing a pair of J. Crew jeans I bought three years ago (before I gained weight) that fit again. My husband calls them my teenile (his version of juvenile) jeans because they have all these wonderful holes in them and look like they have been around for years (this was the way they looked when I bought them at the Mall of America when visiting my best friend from the teenage years--she is a real enabler of my teenile purchases). Anyway, I luv'em all over again. I lost another half pound (gloat, gloat).

I think I would characterize Big Love as a family drama, but with some comic moments. It's just so weird a family--I mean one husband and three wives of different ages?! Three connected houses! He's the owner of a Home Depot like business and keenly aware of how business might be affected if he's outed as a polygamist. It's on Mondays at 9.

Last night I watched So You Think You Can Dance. I'm just amazed at how good they all are. I cannot vote, because I think they are all wonderful. We'll see what happens tonight.

What is everyone's favorite bottled salad dressing (preferably light)? I am currently, for lunch, using Ken's Lite Olive Oil Vinaigrette. It's pretty good.

Have a great day!

Hi Garance!

I heard there's a new Spreen w/out over at Collage. I'll check it out & report back later.

Kudos on the J Crew jeans! I don't blame you one bit for gloating.:D You should feel proud of yourself.

Big Love sounds hilarious. I'll try to remember to watch it come Monday night. I too wouldn't be able to vote on So You Think You Can Dance. All of them are super.

I either use Wishbone's Spritz dressings in french or ceasar & a peach hot spice salsa. Got this from someone in the Open Discussion forum.

Kathy

Hi everybody.

Did Pyramid Upper Body this morning. I always sign a breath of relief when I am done. I don't enjoy it but like the effect....make sense?

Went clothing with my daughter this morning. Fit into a pair of size 8 pants. First time in year. Ten's were comfortable and a bit loose. Should be a solid size 8 when reach goals....what I wore "before I gained weight."

Continuing to sort and clean. Going downstairs to do some yoga stretches before I start again.

Most of the time I like my salad plain or with a little lemon or lime. Sprinkings herb on top is good. Sometimes I use whatever fat-free Italian I have in the house. I have gotten to the point that salad with oil/sugared dressing does not taste good to me. The calories are not worth it to me.

Beautiful day here in the eighties....longest day of the year....making it a good one.

Regards,

Rhonda

Happy Thursday, All,

I stayed up until 1:30 a.m., then slept until 10:30 - sheesh! I thought I was supposed to need less sleep as I got older. I feel downright sinful! Spent the first 2 hours awake slowly sipping coffee in front of the computer - just now finished breakfast? Lunch? Brunch, I guess.

My favorite salad dressing is Green Goddess - it's not lite, but a little goes a long way.

Did Candace Copeland's step portion of Step and Low last night. It was fun. This afternoon I'm doing Kelly Coffey Meyer's Step Kickboxing. It'll be my first time. Anyone else have this? I noticed on the back of the CD cover she says something about going faster than the usual beats per minute recommended for step because of the kickboxing. Things that make you go Hmmm . . .

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hey Ladies:
Kathy: Actually MD prescribe prednisone for hives and ativan for anxiety. They seem to be helping somewhat. Did some yoga again today. I just so amazed how some woman can do ltgous position with knees touching the floor. Went and bought a yoga mat today.
Tomorrow I'm going into HR and giving my 3 week notice,since I'm management I have too.
I know have to call HR for a Hospice nurse position. I think I may enjoy it.~Linny~

Hi Ladies,

I'm back! I had a great time with my kids and husband.
I also won $1000.00 playing rullete and 3 card pokar.

I have not worked out at all and don't feel a bit guilty.

I will start Saturday again.

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.