50 and Over- *Terrific Thursday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning to all.

I did an I-Train treadmill workout today and Abs of Steel#1.

Linny: Let us know when you get the book and we can all work at it together! I use Fitday.com to record eating.. it takes a while to get your custom type food in there but once you do, it's pretty easy.

Kathy: Sounds like you are doing well with Squeeze.. I'm still on the fence with that one. I went back and read the ziz-zagging info in the book and I think it's 3 days of low calorie ( for me around 1400) then one day of high (1600) to make sure your body doesn't go into "starvation mode" ..supposed to kick up the metabolism.. I see you stagger more with high and low carbs which he mentions as well. It seems to work for you so great job! I was the one that mentioned putting the link on here to his latest e-mail news item, but I did know in the back of my mind that we are not supposed to do that.. I like his news via e-mail.. did you pay and join the "inner circle"? I kind of thought it was a rip off after already paying for the book, so I didn;t join.

Garance: what is the actual name of the SB fast and easy cookbook?

Melrose: I also have Pilates for Dummies (VHS) and I think I did it once, don;t remember whether I liked it or not! Believe or not, my favorite pilates workout is by Denise Austin!

Rhonda: You may have talked me into buying S&H again, this time on DVD.. I didn;t even think about using it as a one part per day rotation! Approximately how long is each "part" if you broke it down that way? As for the Imax's, I only had Imax 2 and hated it so I sold it on Ebay.. I am so jealous of you having the summer off! I agree if you are doing well with WW, don;t mess with it! "focusing on your earlobes"?? pretty funny LOL! are you wearing your hair differently?

Have a good day!

Deb:)

Good Morning Ladies!

Deb: I wish I had a treadmill. I would be able to do my Cardio Coach's w/ease (I think).

I'm not sure yet if I'm getting the desired results I want w/Squeeze. I've only been at it though for 2 wks. Just seems like my glutes are sagging even more instead of lifting. Thinking of switching things up (which I usually do) to Squeeze only 1x a week & doing Butts & Guts 2x a week.

Try doing BFFM your way 1400 3 days & then going up to 1600. You'll have to weigh yourself same place, same time every morning according to the experts. I'm planning on doing this myself. They say this is the only way we can tell if we've done something wrong in our diet. Its all in experimenting to find what works for us. I generally play w/my carbs keeping them moderately high. I'm going w/no starchy carbs today. I think this is why I'm not getting desired results in my glutes. Have to tweak the diet. I joined the Inner Circle but I don't think its worth it. I don't venture over there much.

Garance: I'd like to know the name of that SB book too. I need a cookbook that I can whip up meals in 30 min.

Melrose: The only pilates w/out I enjoyed was from Janis Saffell Brand New Butt & More + Pilates. She should've come up with a different name. I found it to be effective. My legs always felt like jello afterwards.

Rhonda: You should try doing S&H + PUB or CTX doing a one body part rotation. Different methods of training but I found it to be a real burner.}( Your earring story is hilarious! Reading your posts always puts a big smile on my face.:7 Out of all the IMAX's, IMAX2 is my favorite. I can't stand IMAX 3 & forget about Hardcore Extreme (unless your into killing yourself)! :7

Tonight I plan on doing Butts & Guts + B&G abs.

Have a great day! TTYS, Kathy:D

Happy Thursday, All,

Today is my day off after working 8 days in a row - Woo-Hoo! I slept until 8 a.m. - it felt wonderful not to wake up in the dark!

Yesterday I had a surprise visit from daughter and grandsons, so I took the oldest grandson for a walk instead of doing a DVD. Today will be PowerMax.

I think I will go ahead and buy the BFFM book (she says while eyeing the remains of the toaster waffles she had for breakfast). Yep, I could certainly stand to clean up my eating.

But I had cream cheese on one and peanut butter on the other - no syrup. I guess that would have been okay if the waffles had been whole grain!

Have a great day!
Jen

Hi Ladies,

I have been missing in action! It is fiscal closing here at work and I have been very busy.

I did PUB on Tuesday and nothing yesterday. I will be running today and doing PLB tomorrow. This weekend I will running and walking on Saturday and Sunday we will be going to Laughlin Nevada for a mini vacation. I will be taking my son and my grandson with us. We have not had a vacation with the whole family for a while.

Keep it up ladies and have a great weekend! I won't be back unitl June 21st.

Hi, everyone!

This morning I did a Kimberly Spreen DVD--not the Absolute Kickboxing one which everyone is raving about on the open forum. I will save that for Sunday. I did the one that combines step with kickboxing. I liked the cardio, but had to do some modifications on planks, and was very careful with the bodybar moves. I could easily hurt myself big time flinging a bodybar around.

The title of the cookbook is The South Beach Diet Quick and Easy Cookbook: 200 Recipes ready in 30 minutes or less. I am also waiting to get the South Beach Diet Taste of Summer Cookbook because the reviews at Amazon are so positive.

Anyone watch So You Think You Can Dance? I was really impressed last night with all of them.

Tomorrow it's Gym Style Chest and Triceps.

Gee, I wish this backdoor front would go away! It just doesn't feel like summer when it only goes up to 65 degrees.

Back to my reading/writing here.

Have a great afternoon and evening!

I made it. Summer break. I am not opening my school e-mail for at least a week...maybe more. People are still e-mailing me things to take care of...if it is still important in a week, I will take care of it. I am taking off my watch and not putting it back on until I go back August 20th. I am taking a big breath and eating a Skinny Cow two-point ice cream sandwich....and enjoying every bit of sugar in it. I am now going to take great joy in cleaning up my kitchen.

My nine pound body bar just came from fwonline.com. I am going to complete the SH series with legs/shoulder. Tomorrow I will probably try the Spreen workout again (and hopefully not banging my legs with my new 9 pound body bar) and on Saturday do Squeeze with my new 2 pound hand weights. How good does it get for a fitness fanatic.

The SH body parts are each about 20-25 minutes. Perhaps we can come up with a one body part a day rotation that combines several several workouts. Yet another thing for me to work on this summer.

And I did not change my hairdo since loosing weight. Maybe my jowls were not hiding my ear lobes anymore.

Tomorrow I am going to start cleaning out shelves and cabinets and repotting house plants....maybe going to work is easier. Maybe I am manic with delirious joy!

Regards to all,

Rhonda:D :D :D :D :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.