50 and Over: *Monday*

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning all:

Hope everyone had a good weekend.Today was Cardio so I did an I-Tread, plus KPC Abs and stretch.

Rhonda: Yes I believe this is the Squeeze everyone is asking about!
Sounds like you found exactly what you were looking for in the bra department! what was the name of the store you went to? I am on for PUB tomorrow am, for my upper body workout..

Have a great day and the start of a good week!:)

Deb

Good Morning Deb and all that follow:
Well its a dreary monday morning in NH. Back to work. Had a nice weekend. Went out to dinner for anniversay. DH bought me a aquamarine necklace with chocolate diamonds.Nice! Had cake,Wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. Wish I could just throw it away.HMMM! Maybe I will.
Hope all you ladies have a great day.~Linny~

Good Morning Ladies!

Dreary day is right! We had terrential rainstorm here in NY. Kept me awake until 1:00 AM & I have to get up at 5:30 to go to work.x(

Deb, Josie, Rhonda & everyone else who wanted me to report re Squeeze: I think its a pretty good workout; 3 workouts (Full Body, Power Squeeze & Custom Squeeze) for $29.95. I did it on Saturday all 3 leg workouts. Their chaptered very well. You just have to skip through Arms, Stretch, etc. Each workout was similar to the 1st workout but yet different. The standing squats holding onto a chair are murder & they burn tremendously. My legs were shaking after the entire workout. You'll need a wall in order to lie down on the floor on your back, knees bent & feet up against the wall. You then go into different pulses while your feet will be placed in different positions. The Power Squeeze was the best b/c you place a med ball in between your thighs & squeeze the life out of that ball!! lol It is, however, a full body workout. I found I could only lift 2# dbs, believe it or not, b/c your arms are constantly elevated. Very different from heavy wt. I'm planning on doing Squeeze 2x a week while still incorporating some heavy wt for legs. I'll do the same for upper body. Just using Squeeze upper body for my recovery week. The set is very pleasing & her instructions are well qued (sp?). No problem at all in following her. She's planning on coming out w/somemore. Will I buy more? I don't think so.

Josie: I personally think you may have too much leg work in your rotation. I know I would burn out on that. Spinning is a leg workout & w/running too I'm afraid it may be too much for your body. I also wouldn't do total body workouts 2x a week just 2x of upper body. I think this would be balanced better. Just my .02. I admire you for running in the first place. I hate to run!

Saturday I did Squeeze & Butts & Guts abs
Sunday I did High Step Training (35 min. premix) cardio & upper body
(OMG! I thought I was going to die after that 35"!) Felt like 2 HOURS! :+
Tonight I'll do Squeeze again & Tracey's Core Conditioning & Strength abs (the first portion only)

Deb: I must be leaning forward or something when I'm holding onto the 15# db. I just never feel it in my glutes. I'll try to concentrate on this better. Thx for your input.:D

Re bras fitting properly. I believe Nordstrom has sales women that can fit you properly. It'll cost a hefty price but its worth it.

Linny: Happy Anniversary! WOW that necklace sounds DIVINE! Enjoy wearing it. Throw out the cake.

I only have one son, Craig, who's 15 yo. I wrote about him re: getting into SOAR (science program) & now he's being awarded for playing viola. NYSSMA went well. He was nervous but we won't actually know how he did until later on.

I usually write a book ladies so I better sign off now! LOL

Have a wonderful day! BBL, Kathy:D

Hi, All,

Can you believe I've been on this forum for many years, but had no idea this 50 and Over forum existed until I read a recent post on the Open Forum? How embarrassing!

I'm 55, married 36 years, work full-time, have a grown son and daughter, both married, and 3 beautiful grandsons, all ages 2 and under. They are the lights of my life.

I work for a newspaper, so have a somewhat weird schedule. This week, I'm working the weekend, so have today and Tuesday off. I did Step Blast yesterday (wore me out!), and am doing Slow and Heavy Chest and Back later today. I dread the Slow and Heavies, but they really work.

I hope to enjoy chatting with you all for years to come!

I'm one of the 60s you invited from the open forum. I did Squeeze today for the first time and my arms are fried--and I only used 2 lb dumbells. I really liked this workout because it went by very fast. For the wall work, I put my high step with all six risers against a chair, and this seemed to work okay. Had to, since I don't have a wall close enough to the TV. I'm still plugging away on the South Beach Diet. I could have sworn the scale was going down today, but I remain stuck at losing 7 lbs. Maybe tomorrow (she hopes!). Tomorrow is cardio, and I bought the Dancing with the Stars DVD, so I am going to try that.

The weather here in western Mass is stormy and ugly--the wind blowing from the east with that tropical storm. Made me want to sleep in this morning, but at least I had a new DVD to look forward to.

Welcome Melrose & Garance!

I'm 53 yo, married 23 years & have one son 15; been working out for 22 years.

Melrose: What newspaper do you work for? I work for Dow Jones. I've been employed at DJ for 20 years in NY.

Garance: I too am doing Squeeze! I like it too. I couldn't believe I had to drop down to 2#s for ub. I'm sure you'll see more #s lost in a week or 2. Congrats on the 7# loss.:D

Here in NY we have high winds mixed w/terrential rain. Hope you enjoy Dancing w/the Stars!

BBL, Kathy:D

Hi Ladies,

Today will be upper body work and yoga. This weekend I managed to run 7 miles on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. Felt great!

Kathy, than you for you advice. You are right! I'm doing too much leg work. I will tweek my work out plan.

Welcome new members!

Josie

I guess I never introduced myself. I am a professor of English, a scholar of Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes (two books, lots of articles also on film), married 26 years to a farmer who is also a workaholic, two sons, 25 and 23, both single college grads and gainfully employed. Yesterday was graduation here, and the rain held off until the whole thing was over. Very lucky.

Hi, KathyH:

I work for the Houston Chronicle. I love the job, even the stress and constant deadlines, because the days fly by. I don't love working weekends and holidays. I'm also kind of worried that newspapers are going to disappear. I'm starting to look ahead and think of things I can do (that will offer health insurance) just in case. I haven't been caught in the yearly layoffs yet, but who knows?

I bet you are super busy as well, especially working for DJ in NYC, right?

Hi Melrose:

Yes DJ keeps me pretty busy. I'm in the legal dept. (not a lawyer but an admin. asst). Dow Jones has been in all the papers lately. Might be sold to Murdoch (News Corp) but deal hasn't gone through yet. I just may be out of a job by the end of the year.:( We'll see. Dow Jones is looking into more multimedia products & online these days b/c newspapers may someday be the thing of the past. Sad but true. Good luck to you! Kathy

Welcome to all the new members of our check-in. I am glad to know that I am not the only over 50 Cathite.....

I live in Maryland, just north of Washington D.C. Right now it is sunny and in the low eighties.

I am 55 and married to the same great guy for 30 years. We have two daughters, 23 (almost 24) and 20. This August, daughter number one is entering Med School and in September, daughter number two is going for two semesters abroad in Madrid.

I am a career changer and went back to school four and half years ago to get a Masters Degree to teach Special Education. I am just completing my second year of teaching. I teach a fundamental life skills curriculum in a high school setting, with students aged 14-21 who have severe developmental disabilies. The best part of my job is going out several times of week for community based instruction. Being off for ten weeks in the summer is definitely another benefit.

I need to get Squeeze......Did PLB and one of the twenty minute stretches. Tomorrow is graduation downtown at Constitution Hall. Lets see what time I get back before I plan my workout.

I went to Nodstrom to get the bra fitting. Daughter number 2 is working there until the end of September, so I was able to use her discount. I feel so good, it was worth every cent.

Weight Watchers weigh in tomorrow, but I am not holding my breath. I feel bloated with the perimenopause that will never finish.

Regards to all,

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.