50 And Over- *Finally Friday!*

fox2star

Cathlete
Happy Friday to all!

Did my usual 4:20 wake up today and did High Step Circuit..I use this as a cardio just for something different.

Kathy H- I looked up and printed the pages you mentioned. Do you really eat all this food? I am terrified to eat this much! I'm sure when I am "off the wagon" I eat way more in garbage calories, but to look at this and eat all this food, it is scary to me! Maybe I am undereating when I eat what is "clean" for me. I track in Fitday, and go from 1100-1500 depending on how I feel that day. Do you alternate between phases each day eg ( zig-zag)? I don;t mind you "butting in" at all! That is what we are here for.. to support each other! I appreciate the help..

Garrance: I also do the pre-mix combos when I do Low Max.. have never done the whole thing.. too long for me and step is not my favorite cardio.

Josie: you are a gazelle to us! I can't imaging doing as much running and spinning as you do! How are those weight workouts going?

Melrose: I used the high step today when Cathe did some lunges and it worked well! I had 2 risers plus the top before I realized it and would probably go lower next time, but I had no pain anywhere! :)
This Step Heaven sounds really challenging! I give you credit for sticking with it! 77 degrees at 5:30 am in Buffalo today! It's humid and probably going to rain!

Have a Happy Friday all!
:)

Deb

Good Morning Ladies:
Deb: One of these days I'm going to check high step and see if I can do it again.Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I'm having a bad time at work right now. My husband wants me to give my notice.
Kathy: I have been seriously thinking of getting Tom Venuto ebook. I have gone to his site and signed up for emails. Is it really worth the 30 something dollars?
Not surre if I said this before but~WELCOME Garance and Melrose. Hopefully together we can guide each other through the 50's.
Josie: You little energizer bunny you. Keep on running.
Did Powermax and bis today. I hope everyone has a great day.~Linny~

Hi Ladies,

Today is my rest day and tomorrow I will not be working out either.
I will be on the road for 6 hours round trip. I'm going to pick up my grandson and he will be staying with me and my mom for about 10 days. My son and his wife are groing through a divorce and I don't get to see him as often as would like. I will be running on Sunday with my grandson, I have the jogging stroller ready for him, he weighs about 30 pounds. I know that I will be getting a good workout pushing him.

I did not do any weight training this week, but I will be doing it next week. I will be doing 2 upper body premixes from SS/PP and one lower body workout per week.

Have a great weekend!

Josie

Hi, Ladies,

Hmmm, must add fox2star to the list of people I must not be jealous of because of their weather.

I'll be doing SuperSets tonight. Even though I did a ridiculous amount of running around after grandkids yesterday, I still feel kind of guilty about not doing an exercise DVD - I think sometimes we women just look for things to feel guilty about!

Josie, how old is your grandson? My oldest grandchild just turned 2 - I don't think he's quite hit 30 pounds yet. I predict you will have a very tiring but absolutely wonderful visit with him!

Melrose,

My grandson is 2yrs and 7 months. He is going to be a big boy.
His mom is 5'9" and my son is also the same height.

Josie

Hi, everyone!

I did the 59 minute upper body premix of Supersets this morning. Tomorrow is my so-called rest day. Actually, it's my cleaning day, but only after sleeping in to about 7:30.

Linny, I am 60, so I am officially through with the 50s, but I still have the occasional night sweat and hot flash, although they are blessedly rare. I also am so over my insomnia and now I could easily sleep 9 hours a night. While going through menopause, I had some serious sleep issues.

DH and I are going to see Knocked Up tonight. The reviews keep saying how funny it is--and also very savvy about young men. I am curious if it will give me any insights about my bachelor sons, who seem to be enjoying the single life a lot. I fear I will never have grandchildren--except by accident like in this movie. Has anyone here seen it yet??

My wisteria is going crazy this year--just full of blooms. I love that fragrance.

Still on that plateau. I do like the South Beach food, though. Eggs and turkey bacon for breakfast with tomato juice; a big salad at lunch, and protein and veggies for dinner. Plus snacks--nuts, Laughing Cow cheese wedges with an apple or celery.

Have a great Friday!

(Sunday I will do Drill Max I think.)

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Bet you all thought I didn't survive my leg workout last night!:+ Just busy at work this morning.

Deb: Tom Venuto's ebook is worth every penny!! Go buy it. And yes I eat all of that food. My portions are small. It looks like a lot of food on paper, but believe me it isn't. I'm always hungry b/c the food doesn't contain much fat. I have to put up a pic of myself in picturetrail for all of you to "see" me. I was undereating before. I was 115#s & stuck forever. I realized too that I was consuming too much fat. Your stomach gets used to eating every 2-3 hrs. In the evening my last meal is a salad w/whatever protein I have left over. When I'm weight training I take PVL Whey Gourmet protein powder which makes it Meal #6. When I'm just doing cardio, I eliminate the shake. I eat very little fruit too. Just grapefruit on my low cal days. High cal days are Wed & Sat. Meal #3 has the brown rice & Meal #4 has a sweet potato. If I've overdone it on Sunday w/bad eating, then I use Phase #3. Phase 3 is very hard to do. It has no starchy carbs at all. Very few people can do 5 straight low cal days in a row. I know I can't. Its all explained in Tom's ebook.

Seems like everybody's doing SS/PP one of my favorites. Last nights leg workout was: 4 sets/25 reps: squats (50#bb), plies (50#bb), static lunges (20#dbs) did 20 reps 4 sets, deadlifts (50#bb) only did 3 sets of 20. Didn't want to injure my back. Plus hamstrings were so tight couldn't do anymore. Did also firewalkers w/my red band. I tried to do Fold Over Plank from Custom Squeeze but my legs were shaking so bad I ditched it. Went onto Flat Abs from Custom Squeeze. Pretty decent ab routine from Tracy. I liked it. Its not as hard as Cathe or Tracey Staehle but still decent.

Josie: Enjoy your running w/your cute grandson. I'm sorry to hear your son is getting divorced.

Melrose: I don't blame you for taking another rest day. Its tough looking after the grandkiddies. I feel like taking a rest day tonight too. My legs have such DOMS it isn't funny.

May decide to do Debbie Burns kickboxing. She's a favorite instructor of mine.

I'm waiting patiently for Cathe's presale. She is filming at the end of the month isn't she?:7

Have a wonderful weekend! Kathy:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.