50 and Over- *Finally Friday!*

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning All:

Well I am looking foward to the weekend and starting to do some form of excercise on Sunday. I am planning on starting slow, maybe do Pyramid Upper body, no lower work... then on Monday do an I-Train on the treadmill, walking only. Hopefully this back thing is temporary and is on it's way out!

Linny: What do you do that you are on call? hope everything turns out well with the meds draw etc. Sounds like you are making up your own CTX series.. good for you! which pre-mix do you do on LIC?

Kathy H: Golf! Hope you have fun! You and I are both down with the sciatica issue! Mine is down to hurting when I am in bed only now.. which is an improvement over last week.. What is Classical Stretch? I only know of Stretch Max..

Rhonda: I am right with you on the hour thing! I do mostly pre-mixes too...Are the 13 minute stretches on Stretch Max or Classical Stretch? this sounds like something I would like to add on to a treadmill day. It's this time of year that makes me wish I had gone into teaching! I did a 6 week stint with Junior Achievement in a 3rd grade class once and realized that I did not have what it takes to teach! What happened to our weight trackers??

Have a great weekend!

Deb:)

Good Morning!

I'm finally feeling back to my old self. I'll try doing tonight Tracey Staehle's Sculpt Sweatfest dvd & then 30" of Classical Stretch.

Deb: Classical Stretch is not Stretch Max. I bought the Total Body II dvd which has 2 30 min. workouts on it; one for standing & one for floorwork. The instructor really knows her anatomy well. She gets into your muscles much deeper. Tonight I'll try the floorwork which centers on glutes, hamstrings, hips, etc. You should check out the thread on videofitness.com titled "Classical Stretch Was Made in Heaven" or something like that. I'm finding that the stretches at the end of these workouts aren't long enough for me. And 9 times out of 10 I ditch yoga b/c I really don't like it even though its supposed to be very good for you to do.

I'm sorry to hear your sciatic is still acting up. Get better soon!

Your taking it slow w/PUB!!!!:eek: I think that ones a doozie. How do you find the iTrains? I don't own a treadmill but have heard good things about it.

Linny: Are you a nurse that your on call? I'd like to know too.

Rhonda: Your dinner made me soooo hungry. It looked DELISH! I should've gone into teaching too. All those holidays & summers off. I'm w/you and Deb too on not wanting to workout longer than 60 min. I think that's quite enough especially if your giving 100%.

I hope I'll get to play golf on Sunday as the forecast is looking grim.:(

Have a great weekend everyone! BBL, Kathy

Kathy H:

Still kind of confused on whether Classical Stretch is a stretch only workout, or part of the Total Body II that you mentioned.. I went over to VideoFitness and could not find either one. Sorry for all the confusion! What is the actual name of the DVD you were referring to with the stretch you liked is it Classical STretch or Total Body II?

Deb

Hi Deb! Please go to classicalstretch.com, read about all the different stretch workouts that this instructor has and pick the one that suits you best. These are strictly stretching dvds. She teaches & has students of all ages & fitness levels people from 85 years old to NFL football players. Go check it out. The dvd I purchased is called Total Body Workout Volume II that I described in my previous post. I'm looking now to purchase her Express Workout. HTH, Kathy:D

Hi Deb and Ladies,

I'm planning on running all 3 days this weekend. I will be using my cardio coach for 2 of the runs. I will let you know how it goes on Tuesday.

I'm so glad it's Friday, our office is closing early today and I get to go home at noon. I will treat myself to lunch and a margarita at a nice place by the beach. I live near Marina del Rey in LA and it is a beautiful day.

Have a great weekend!

Josie

I'm SOOOOO jealous of you Josie living near Marina del Rey!!! I wish I was there w/you right now drinking that margarita!

Enjoy! Kathy:D

Hi Ladies:
Deb and Kathy: Yep! I'm nursing management so I'm on call 1 weekend a month and usually a day during the week.So far had 2 callouts for weekend but were able to replace them. I hate being on call especially on a holiday weekend.
Josie: I was just out that way in April. It is beautiful out there.
I've got to pack, hopefully no more callins. Have a Great weekend.~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.