50 and Over - * Wednesday*

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Up at 4:30 am today to do Push/Pull Upper Body -2 set pre-mix. Not too impressed with that workout.. I prefer more traditional heavy weight work especially for upper body... this was my 2nd UP workout this week so that was ok,

Hope everyone is doing well:

Linny: nice that you didn;t actually have to go into work, but I know how you feel.. I have a 24/7 operation as well, but managers that work for me are responsible for staffing and replacing..I did my time! It's so great that your son is sticking with the walking!

Kathy H: Sounds like you had a nice time with DH! Your clean up work was a workout in itself!

Since we are all in the same age group ( with similar issues I'm sure!) can you tell me what type of facial moisturizer gives you the "best" skin and what make up you use that is your HG? I must have 15 different foundations, tinted moisturizers etc and none make my skin look any better than the other.. Please post your facial skin treatment and makeup that you would not do without!

Have a great day all

Deb:)

Nine more days with students and counting. I can assure you that I will not be getting up at 4:30 once school is over. Next Tuesday is graduation at Constitution Hall, in Washington, D.C. Deb: I live in one of the Maryland 'burbs north of D.C. Kathy: I guess I will then have to focus on my "clean up work." That is clearing out my house.....I should definitly be ready to come back to the classroom in August.

I use Channel moisterizers. Although they are expensive, they do a great job, have sun screen, and don't cause me to break out. Although I probably should use it, I hate foundation and have not been able to find one that I like the "feel" of and that does not contribute to breakouts.

Seem to be at a weight plateu. Lost .8 pound last week. Hopefully next week will be better. I hate plateus. At any rate, I feel much better since I have been making better food choices.

On Tuesday did the Blast premix on I-Max2, tough core premix, and some yoga stretches. Haven't decided whether I am going for cardio or lower body later today. I wold love to go running, but I can't take the impact and running around a track is boring. Once school is out, hope to take some early morning "power" walks.

Linny: I know that it is hard to relax when you are on call. My husband is frequently on call and every time the phone rings.....

Take care,

Rhonda

Morning Ladies!

Had a good night last night. Decided to do Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing premix to Combat Intervals using a body bar. Nice workout. It was 60 min. + it even had core work.

Deb: Can't believe you woke up at 4:30 AM to workout! I could never do that. Push/Pull is one of my all time favorites. Have you tried the 3 set premix for upper body? What a frier that one is! I also love Supersets. Do you like that one?

Rhonda: Aren't you lucky to be off pretty soon the entire summer. Have plans? Great job on losing 8#s!!! That's wonderful & great job on your workouts too. That deserves a bit of a rest today.

Deb: I have roscea acne & can only use products specifically for my skin condition. The moisturizer I use is from Skin Biology called Emu Oil. I can't use creams of any kind. My makeup is your favorite Bare Minerals!;) This is the only makeup I can use b/c of my skin (no creams). You could check out a thread on videofitness.com called 2007 Beauty in the Reader Forum. I know in Open Discussion there have been threads discussing different moisturizers/foundations. It was in the Bare Minerals thread. Check that out too.

Tonight's workout will be a new one called Squeeze. I've heard many favorable reviews. I'll do the Full Body workout. I'll report back tomorrow w/reviews.

Have a wonderful day! Kathy:D

Good Morning:
I just can't wait till my "time" comes with no on call. I'm actually experimenting right now with foundation. I am mixing clinique anti-aging with estee lauder stay put makeup. Estee Lauder is suppose to be waterproof and I'm be waterskiing soon and I'd like to keep my face on. For moisturizer I've been using clinique super thristy.
Rhonda: Just remember .8 loss is still a loss. Last night did my 4miler with son and wew actually jogged a bit. Someday I'd like to jog the whole 4 miles.
Kathy:It seems like you try alot of different workouts. In your opinion which instructor do you thinks the best next to Cathe?(because we know she is the best)~Linny~

Hi Linny!

There really isn't any other instructor that compares to Cathe. If I had to choose though I would say Amy Bento comes the closest. It takes time to get her choreo b/c there's not much of a breakdown but once you do, its great. I don't do Cathe anymore for weight training (just plateaued after so many years). I'm hoping that Cathe's new 4 day split won't be endurance. I mostly superset w/weights which I'll be starting up again on Saturday & I mostly do my own workout. When I want functional fitness, its Tracey Staehle & she's the best for core work & step. However, Tracey's another instructor that doesn't break down the moves. She actually had to send me a demo dvd teaching the moves very slowly. She was very sweet to do this for me as she wants me to get her choreo. For boxing I love Debbie Burns (wish CIA would get her to do more workouts). Debbie Burns only came out w/2 workouts though. I used to do Janis Saffell & still love her. Wish she would do more kickboxing workouts. When I want something light & don't want the high impact, I reach for Kimberly Spreen & Kelley Coffe-Meyer & Janis Saffell. Kelley has a wonderful step-kickboxing dvd. I tried to do Rob Glick & Andre Goule (sp?) but was unable to get their choreo. I'm challenged w/step. For yoga I mostly use Eoin Finn's Power Yoga 4 Happiness & Ana Forrest. For stretch I use Classical Stretch.

Its going to be a real frenzy buying time this year especially w/Cathe's new 4 day split, Amy's new Challenge Series & now Tracey's new 3 workouts. My bank account is shrinking! lol:eek:

This is a mouthful! HTH, Kathy:D

Hi Ladies,

I will be running tonight. I don't know how far yet!
I have not been doing much weight training lately, Im
bored and don't know how to spice it up.

Josie

Which of Tracey Staehle's workouts are best for a person who prefers limited impact? I looked at the video clips and there seemed to be alot of jumping.

Rhonda

Hi Josie! I get bored too. That's when you know to change things up. Maybe just run 1x a week instead. Do other cardios to spice things up. For weight training I LOVE Muscle Max. I think its the music that appeals to me so much. Or maybe you might want to try some functional fitness instead of heavy weight training. HTH, Kathy:D

Kathy,

Thank you very much for your response. I don't mind the running, I just don't like being inside for the other workouts. I'm trying to
find a partner to do weight training with me. I had 2, but they both left the state and I miss them. I just have to get my butt in guear and start doing it.

Josie

Hi Rhonda! Tracey Staehle's new Cardio Sweatfest is a kickboxing 90 min. workout that's pretty low impact. There is one crew member, Jess, who does high jumps but you don't have to do them. There's also a 30 min. hi-lo workout on this dvd too. Tracey does do a section of jumping jacks but these can be easily modified. I can't take all that impact either. I would suggest Kimberly Spreen too. You can check her workouts out on ciavideo.com. HTH, Kathy:D

Hi Josie! Your very welcome. I too used to have a girlfriend who worked out w/me at Gold's Gym. We used to plan our workouts ahead of time & we both had a great time. I miss her too.:-(

For me the workout has to have great music otherwise I'm not motivated. Just pick something you love to do & do it. Kathy:D

Hi Ladies:
Kathy: Thanks for all your input on instructors. I had been thinking about picking up Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Xtreme. Do you have that one? I got my Collage guide to exercise videos today, it seemed to have quite a few of those instructors.I'll have to go to the site and play one of the sample videos.
Well no walk tonite, son must be working late. There's always tomorrow.~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.