50 and Over * Tuesday*

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I will be out of town until Friday starting tomorrow so I am depending on someone here to start the thread! Did MM upper body pre-mix today, minus the bands.. I subbed another set with weights instead. Sometimes I do the bands but I don;t really like them that much.

Linny: We missed you! Glad you had a relaxing time at the lake. I know that our jobs can stress us more than you realize until something like your hives comes up! You know you can always vent here to us! As for the E-book, I took it to Kinkos and left it there in the am and picked it up in the afternoon.. I don;t think they will do it while you wait, unless they don;t have any other jobs to do which is rare.

Rhonda: I have never researched how supplements inter-act with each other but that is a good idea.. I don;t think most have negative reactions, but may cancel each other out and not do what they are intended to do. I wonder if there is a web site where you can put in the supplement and see what you should take with it?

Kathy: good for you to celebrate with DH and that martini! Sometimes you have to do this! Sounds like your son needs to listen to MOM! and eat a good breakfast! I would be a little concerned on the credit card number being printed on your receipt too! I always look at mine and it has the XX's, never the whole number. Maybe call the store and let them know this is not good business? Regarding your knee and supplements, I bought something called "Move Free Advanced" which is a formula of glucosomine etc.. and take 4 a day. My knee has been pretty good since, but I know what "gets" it ( step) so I really watch that. Hope you had a good workout with MM!

Garance: Sounds like you also splurged for Fathers Day! I started watching R&K when Kelly Ripa went on there because I am such a fan of All My Children, and I wanted to see her on something other than that show.. and I have been hooked ever since..agree on the Erica thing, but that is what soaps are all about! crazy and somewhat of a fantasy life, no one really lives like this!

Hope everyone has a great week! I will be back on Sat to post!

p.s no one answered the question of the day! Come on someone knows this!

Deb:)

Good Morning Deb and all tt follow:
Deb:I've been reading up on stress induced hives and the more I read I thin that the problem. I do have yoga dvds I think its time to pull them out.I'm off for the next few days and I will be printing the E-Book. How much do Kinkos charge you? The question of the day sounded familiar but I'm not sure. Any hints? : )
Kathy: My son would do the same thing but he smartened up after a few bouts of stomach aches. Good luck with the job situation. I'm going to be job-shopping next couple of days.
I take glucosamine and calcium for my joints and it really seems to help.
Rhonda: I know I should check into supplements interacting because I do take quite a few.
Garance: I used to watch All my children everyday. I was my favorite soap.
Have a great day!~Linny~
Rhon

Happy Tuesday, All,

I would definitely try the glucosamine/chondroitin for knees that act up.

So sorry to hear from those of you experiencing job stress. I'm in that group as well - I work for a newspaper. Next month the new yearly budget will be drawn up - then we usually have layoffs in the fall. In the past, I have allowed myself to get so stressed that I would literally double over with stomach pains. I refuse to do that anymore. A glass of wine at night helps!

Yesterday, I did a Leslie Sansone walking tape, then Core Max 1, then Stretch Max 1.

I'm starting to wonder about the e-book - I signed up for the free stuff (that first pop-up box that comes up on Venuto's web site), and I never received anything. He warns that work sites may be blocking his stuff, so I tried it from my home e-mail as well. Still nothing. I know for sure I don't have anything on my home computer that would block him.

Then, I e-mailed customer service, stating I was interested in the e-book, and asking a few questions. They guarantee they will get back to you within 24 hours, but it's been 3 days.

Now I'm really wondering about giving them my credit card info. Poop.

Today, I'm doing Karen Voight's Lean Legs and Buns.

Jen

Hi Deb, Rhonda, Jen--

Today I did the Gay Gasper Infused Step workout. I really like the music on this one. It's 51 minutes of step and then 10 minutes of abs.

Tomorrow I will do an upper body workout--either the premix from Supersets or the one from Push/Pull.

Anybody watch Big Love? I'm hooked on this show, which restarted last week.

A little steamy here today--going up to 87 degrees--but not for long. I'm trying to get some writing done, but September (when classes start again and I get too frazzled to do my own work) seems so far away that I just want to be lazy. I cannot even get the gumption to do some of my home projects--organizing closets, carpet cleaning, pillow making. I think I will have to start making lists and then force myself to do some of them.

I wonder when Cathe will announce her new series. She doesn't seem to be around the forums very much these days.

My mind is wandering, so I better stop and DO something productive.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Greetings everybody!

Did Cardio Kicks and then went to a yoga class. I am really stretched out. Tomorrow one of the Pyramids.

Stopped at Weight Watchers on way home from yoga and am down another 1.8 pounds...almost at the 13 pound weight loss.

I don't know how my credit card number was compromised. It is just one of the things that happens in the "computer" age. Got my new card this morning so I am in business again.

Going to start cleaning some file cabinets. Got to pace myself until August. So much to do!

In the mid nineties here today.

Take care and stay cool!

Rhonda

Hi Deb, Linny, Garance, Jen & Rhonda & Everybody Else!

Its a beautiful day here in NY simply gorgeous. Last night had a great w/out w/MM had a ton of energy for some reason. Tonight will be a condensed version of BM2 cardio + yoga.

Deb: Thanks for the suggestion re: Move Free Advanced. I'll try it. It can't hurt. Enjoy your conference. I'll start the thread off tomorrow.

Linny: Hurry up & get that ebook printed (just kidding). I'll be thinking of you on your job search. Good luck! Yoga does help immensely w/stress.

Jen: That's very strange re Tom's site. I don't know what could be the problem. I was over there yesterday & it was just fine.

Garance: I too like the R&K show whenever I can catch it. Did any of you ladies catch the show where Kelly was discussing her w/out routine for Shape magazine? I heard she actually dropped down onto the floor & did 40 pushups on her toes. Impressive. I never heard of "Big Love." What is it? Maybe your body is telling you you need more rest. There's plenty of time to get to all the different projects.

Rhonda: Way to go!!! Congrats! Great w/out too!

Have a wonderful day! Kathy:D

Well I am back tonight.. wanted to say that I received my S&H DVD today that I bought on Ebay.. I think I will work on figuring out a one body part per day rotation while I am in Baltimore this week!

Hint on the question of the day... "many Cathe fans started here"

Have a great week..

Deb;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.