40s --- yoooooo hooooo! week of 8/30

fitover40

Cathlete
Hey everyone, I don't think a thread's been started yet.

I have to make this short and sweet. Workouts: Sat - 25 spin bike, Sun-STS legs meso2 wk3, Mon - was running late (dwaddled too much) so had to do HIIT 30/30.....that was a challenging with the glute DOMS I have from legs yesterday.

I'm sooooooo ready for vacation.....and my body is telling me it needs a break so will be good for a 2 wk recovery time! That's my excuse for not planning to workout on vacation :)

No workous of late. I still am ont sleeping well, but at least we are in the home stretch for the sale/purchase. Now we are trying to work out a closing date for all parties. The hard part is that we have to sell in order to buy so we need to figure out how to do all of this in one day. Crazy.

Hi girls! Last day of summer for me! Back to work tomorrow! Took the weekend off from working out, did intervals on the bike and Amy's slo-mo chest. Murphy, soon the chaos will be over! Not soon enough tho! I will keep sending you positive thoughts! Lisa, how soon is the cruise? Not too long,right? Ronne, are you back? How was France? Have a good day! Mary

okay, slacking off again. Still cannot sleep b/c of the house stuff. We are having trouble setting a closing date. "Come on people, can't we work this out!?"

Today I did MMA Kickbox (that's what I wanted to do yesterday)...I didn't dwaddle so much today.

Murphy, it's amazing how long it takes to get things settled! I remember our house not being ready when we moved and I just put on a sad face holding my 6 mth old asking if we could rent from the buyers of our old house until ours was complete. :) It will all work out in the end --hopefully sooner than later! (but you may get a few grey hairs and sleepless nights).

Mary, how was the first day back at work? How's the hip holding up?
We leave for Alaska a week from Friday...WOOT!

Hi girls! Survived the 1st day! Hips are a little sore, will survive tho! Did the bike and biceps today, from Amy's slow mo, only 3 different exercises,but it was challenging! Lisa, only a week and half? That is exciting! Then you have another one in Dec., right? You two are going to have such a good time! Murphy, I remember we let the people we bought our 1st house from, rented from us for awhile, it worked out. Just alittlle side note, our realtor didn't figure out enough in rent and we had to make up the difference, I remember being REALLY annoyed by that! Hope everyone has a good night! Talk to you tomorrow. Mary

Hi everyone! Today I did STS Meso 2 wk 4, Back/Bi. I forgot to tell you all that they extended my contract here for another year, but no increase as they are already paying me the max, oh well. I'm so proud of myself, I wrote my first AIX/PERL script. I took a class on that over a decade ago, I finally get to use the knowlege I do remember :) Oh, and I finally sucumbed to having to use glasses to read and do intensive computer work....lovely.

Mary, glad you survived your 1st day back at work! One of the weeks I'm taking off is another time everyone is gone again...I'm soooooo glad I'm off so I don't get tasked to cover for everyone (honestly they don't pay me enough for that!)

Hope everyone has a good day. Mary, isn't your birthday coming up now that it's Sept?

La la la....I've always been known for talking to myself! :)

I ran 4 miles today with CCPP in honor of Jim MacLaren who passed away this week. Sean with Cardio Coach is also giving this workout away free too if anyone is interested.

We got our stateroom assignment for the cruise.....NOW I'm really getting excited!

Hey Lisa! You aren't alone! Yesterday with work and the kid's homework I never made it here! Did the bike (again) and tri' s yesterday, today will be the bike(again!) and maybe shoulder's? Lisa, you must be getting so excited about your trip! I am excited for you! I will probably be here all alone when you are gone:(. Murphy, how are things going? Did you get a moving date yet? Ronne, are you stuck in France? Well, I better get moving before those kids get home, have a good day!

Okay, no workouts but plenty of stress. The closing date is set for next Tuesday the 7th but now there are issues with the buyers and there paperwork and ... I don't know. They are working on it. Then, the sellers attorney is trying to change the time of the closing...????? I am trying to relax and not stress too much and have faith that it will all work out in the end. Yesterday, my back went out. I laid on the floor for a minute and tried to "fix-it". I had to take my DD's to school and grimmace through the pain. It was crazy! I have no idea where the aspirin are. Thankfully my parents are helping me pack. This is just madness.

Oh, I forgot, this morning was the end of the Wii 6 week challenge. I had been "cheating" the system so I could get my Wii trophy that I could not really see because I did not have my glasses on. I have to laugh, all that and I could not even see the trophy. We are dismantiling the system for packing tomorrow. I think I am done with the Wii for a while - at least until I am somewhat sane again (yeah, whenever that will happen!)

Wish me luck on the houses.

Hi everyone, today was STS Meso2 wk 4 ch/sh/tri. I think I may have strained a muscle and that is why my neck has been hurting this last week (that and work stress---have I mentioned I'm ready for vacation?)

Murphy, good luck with the moving and house closings. No wonder you are a basket case!

Mary, sounds like you are busy with school (kids) and work. Are you wishing for the summer back yet?

Have a good weekend everyone....

Hi girls! It is Friday! Lisa, only 1 more week to go for you! Are you packed yet? How is the weather there? I bet you so excited! Murphy, you should let the lawyers do all the worrying, that is what you are paying them for, I know that it is hard to let others do all the work and worrying. I will keep you in my thoughts. Somehow it will all work out. Just did the bike today, just a lot of running around! Hope everyone has a good weekend, and a good holiday! Talk to you later. Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.