40s - week starting 4/26/10

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi ladies,
I didn't think I saw a thread....I'm at the office now so I have to keep my screen small so if I missed it, I apologize. Sat I did I did MMA fusion so I was a turtle rolling on the floor :) Sunday I started Chalean Extreme and today I did IMAX2.

It's soooooo loud in the office, so I'm listening to my ipod......I get to stare at my mgr 2 desks down and the guy right next to me is LOUD and talks to himself a lot....OMG.

I guess that's all here, how's everyone's week starting?

Hello Lisa and everyone

Poor you, Lisa, stuck in an office again. Although, you're really rubbing our noses in it with your signature :p! You're banking up those workouts again aren't you?!

No workouts for me this weekend but today was KPC. I think there is an improvement there, still sweaty and out of breath but not feeling like I can't go on. I'm starting a rotation as I'm finding it difficult to choose what to do at the moment. Just want to have it decided for me! I'm doing FF's May rotation from last year.

Doing a bit of late working to try and get through stuff, going to be a busy work week.

Bye for now.

:) You like my new signature line :)

A girl has to have something to look forward to, right?

I've been doing LOTs of workouts.....I need to lose this weight! My black dress pants don't fit! I saw a little downward trend this weekend and right before my period, so hopefully next weekend I'll see better results!

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend! We went to moonrock bowling with the kids Sat. night, I am a terrible bowler, but fun was had! Sat, did tri-set legs, yesterday was BC from 4DS, today was the back and bi's, last of Meso 2. Lisa, sorry to hear you are back in the office, did you have to get up too early? Sounds like you will make some interesting friends!? Ronne, even Cathe, in KPC, is sweaty and winded! Us mere mortals don't stand a chance! Murphy, how are you? Better? Kathryn, how is the boss? In a better mood? Have a good night everyone! Mary

Hello

Well, it's quiet around here.

Mary - I love bowling - just wish it wasn't so noisy! Are you doing a rotation at the moment or is it just whatever takes your fancy?

Lisa - I guess the office is taking up too much of your time :( ...

Today was Drill Max. I haven't done that one all the way through in absolute ages. I loved it. Because I wasn't on my knees I could appreciate how well put-together that workout is. Just as you think you can't go on, it takes it back a bit and then when you've recovered it ramps it back up again. Great! Work is busy again, got loads to do and not enough time to do it!
I'm off to the cinema tonight to see The Ghost, supposed to be a good thriller.

See you all tomorrow.

Good news!

According to today's Wall Street Journal (Personal Journal section), we don't have to worry about those pesky extra 10 lbs. Hooray!

Or at least that's the recommendation this week....

So busy yesterday that I actually forgot to check in! I did Amy Bento Kickbox Surge (lots of fun), and today was Supersets. Stick a fork in me; I'm done! Need a day off, so I'm looking forward to sleeping in until 6:30 tomorrow!

Over the weekend I did Muscle Max. That is one tough workout.

Well, I've got five kids in the house to supervise (fun!), so I've got to dash. Bye, all!

Hi Ladies, I did Chalean Extreme Burn Circuit today. I was sweating and huffing all from JUST lifting heavy....it's very different from STS Meso 3!

Ronne, Geez, was I quiet or something? Yea, work is crimping my style and now they have cut my hours more (which is fine with me) so I plan to checkin at night after I get home. I'll be working 4 7 hr days and 1 6 hr day. I'm trying to get my morning schedule all figured out and hoping I can sleep in tomorrow (I didn't sleep well last night...change is not my friend). So far looks like I have PLENTY of time if I get up at 5:30 which isn't too bad for me as I'm a morning bird. Good job on the drill max, I've come to appreciate the workout too....I used to do the Ultra cardio premix (which made me hate it) but when I do it as is it's a really good one.

Mary, Bowling is fun, as long as the score doesn't count! Last time we went was Thanksgiving, my hand (index and middle finger) hurt because I was really trying to put some effort in it and turned out I was using my fingers for power (not they way I think you are supposed to bowl) :)

Kathyrn, You've been doing Muscle Max a lot, because of DH? I didn't see the wall street journal do I really want to listen to them? I think I'm down a pound from last week and I didn't have chocolate yesterday.....going into work is helping me stay away from food, although I don't know why as they provide all the coffee (cream/sugar), tea and sugared hot cocoa you would want.

Murphy, how are you are you well? I hope no nasty bugs are going around!

Hi girls! Haven't gotten a w/o in yet, DD school called, could I bring a change of clothes? I'll be there soon I said, (she fell in the mud), I get there, she is crying, wrist swollen, I said, I think I'll take her to the ER, well, 3 hrs later, broken wrist! Poor thing, she broke her thumb 6 weeks ago, at recess! Thank goodness I went up there! She is my klutzy one! Lisa, day 2 of work! Make any new friends? Kathryn, are you having a play date? Ronne, haven't done DM in a long time, I'll need to pull it out! Murphy, how's things? Well, I need to get busy! Talk to you all tomorrow! Mary

Mary, wow, a broken wrist....so good you went there...can't believe the school didn't suspect it.

Oh yea, I'm making friends, my old mgr (who laid me off) is like my new best friend ! <this is said sarcastically> It's kind of funny and a couple of girls are giving me a hard time, but I'm always nice to anyone, no matter what I think of them. In fact, she is an ok person but yucky at work, ya know? She had to stop by today to tell me about her dog...her dog only had a vaginal infection and she is glad her DH is taking care of it and here just yesterday when I told her about Maddy SHE had to take the opportunity to turn it around to HER saying about how her dog may need to be put to sleep soon....and here it's just a little infection....:rolleyes:

Can I whine here?

Play date... about that...

So DH thinks it would be a good idea to schedule a play date for DS (who would spend all of his time playing video games if he could). Fine. This boy (son of a friend; we like the whole family) comes over. DS won't play with him, so DD does, then DD's "frenemy" (mean girl) shows up. So now we have four. Then some kid up the street from shows up... then we have five kids here...

...did I mention that DH scheduled a conference call with the entire sales staff at that time... and it was raining? Guess who got to referee drama and keep that many kids quiet (and entertained) for hours? What was DH thinking, anyway?

Speaking of DH: Yes, I've been doing lots of Muscle Max because he has been working out with me. You can bet that when you see Muscle Max or Muscle Endurance, it's a workout with the hubby. Of course, they're both great workouts, so it's no sacrifice.

Mary, it's good that you're a nurse -- your kids are probably better cared for than mine. When my son was 15 months, he fell (forward, onto his hands)... I didn't take him to the doctor until two days later (because he kept crying if we touched it). Turned out it was broken. Mom of the year -- not.

DD developed spots when she was in kindergarten ("Bug bites," I thought. "Rash." ) The school sent her home: Chicken pox (oops). Well, I didn't get that "Mother of the year" trophy that year, either.

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear that you have an insensitive co-worker. I miss Maddy because I was counting on her to pull through and I know how sad it's made you. Hang in there. Time will help...

I love your new Signature Line... the cruise will be great fun, and you deserve a good time!

Off to get everybody to bed. I'll check in tomorrow!

Wow, miss a couple of days... I have been crazy busy and back to slacking off. My cold or whatever it is is almost gone, the cough and post-nasal drip is still here but it is getting better each day.

Lisa - I am sorry but I had to laugh a few times reading your posts. I think those types of co-workers are everywhere. I have loud talkers on both sides plus one slams doors, cabinets, etc. Actually, there is a third loud talker who is diagonal from me.

Kathryn - I am glad it is not just my DH. It must be universal!

Mary - I hope DD gets well soon and there are no issues. Did she fall on it wrong? Funny, the school will call for a paper cut but something serious... It really annoys me.

Murphy

The saga continues...

Hi, girls! Remember the overpaid phone bill (by more than $8,000)? Well, the drama continues. AT&T didn't refund the money after 30 days, so I had to call them. After being transferred, I was told that I have to submit a written request on the company letterhead and if it was approved, it would be processed in 5 to 10 business days. If it was approved?

Which part of "it's my money" do they not understand? They are making me pay and pay for a senior moment, aren't they?

Ditto on getting the money from the mortgage company to pay the roofer for the replacement roof (due to hail damage). Dealing with bureaucratic b.s. is becoming a full-time job for me!

It's my day off (from working out, any way), but I've managed to keep my heart rate (and my blood pressure) way up anyhow... without any pesky cardio! Does this count as a workout?

I hope everybody is doing well. Murphy, I'm glad you're feeling better. Mary, I hope DD is adjusting to life with a cast. And Lisa, I hope you're having a great day!

Ronne must be off in London or something... she does lead a glamorous life, doesn't she?

I hope I didn't miss anybody. Apparently my mind isn't what it used to be!

Hi everyone! Just did Travel Fit, I don't like band work at all! I need to get out there and mow now, I am delaying! DD is doing great, we see the orthopedist tomorrow for her regular cast. Kathryn, an arranged play date! Sounds like you had a great time! I'm so sorry about your phone bill, what a complete PIA! I don't understand the run around about giving you back YOUR money?! Lisa, do you watch the show The Office? It cracks me up, because we all work with one of those people! Murphy, glad to hear you are on the mend. Ronne, how are you? Well, the lawn mower is screaming my name! Talk to you tomorrow! Mary

Well, from the sublime to the ridiculous!! I say it's quiet and then it all kicks off. No, Kathryn, no glamorous jetting off to London, just work, lots of it today. I'm working tonight to try and get through stuff (so what am I doing on here?! ;))

Mary - I can't believe that about your daughter. That's terrible. Glad to hear she's OK. Yes, the lawnmower spoke to me today and I obeyed. It's supposed to rain over the weekend so thought I better get it done.

Kathryn - I'll join you on the podium for not mum of the year! I take being a mum to a whole other level of crapness!! Do you have your preferred friends amongst your kids friends? There are some of DD's friends I welcome with open arms and then others ...

Murphy - you poor thing! You're really getting it bad recently. Hope you're going to give yourself a treat soon!

Lisa - just thinking about 5.30 makes me tired. If I had to do a commute and a full-time job I'd be several sizes bigger :confused:

I did Step Moves today. I had one of those klutzy days, just couldn't seem to get some of the choreography, found myself staring at the screen a lot going 'huh?'. Oh well! Right, back to work!

Hey girls! Day 3 in this new schedule and I'm still getting up BEFORE the alarm! So getting up isn't the hard part, the hard part is not puttering around too long! Today I did Fat Burn Intervals from Chalean Extreme. I'm liking this but I know I won't do the program as planned :) I'm just picking my workouts willy nilly. Better than nothing ,right?
Kathryn, I wouldn't take any Mom of the year awards either, but I do think you got the SENIOR MOMENT award with your phone bill :) As far as DS friends parents....welll, you all just wait until you have fiancee's parents that you don't exactly LOVE --- nice people, but different values. I just hope what I taught DS sticks :) Isn't it nice to come here and air out our gripes?
Ronne, How do you think I got to be 45 lbs overweight when I started with Cathe???? 50 hr weeks, little kids to take care of, stressful job, commuting some of the time. I refuse to let it happen again!
Mary, I've seen the office a couple of times.....imagine that times 100 or so....this is a HUGE room with lots and lots of desks (maybe 200-250)...they have everything on this floor so you never have reason to leave :( Refrigerator, provided free coffee/sugar/cream/hot cocoa/tea, microwave. They even have wireless headsets so you can walk around while on conf calls and even use the bathroom (oh my)....but funny thing is there is no mute on the headset, just the phone, so heaven forbid you muted it, went to the bathroom and then someone asked you something....would you have to run to your desk to unmute it with your pants around your ankles? Hope that got everyone a laugh!!!!!!!
Murphy, you poor thing, hope you get to feeling better and get back into the working out. Chalean Extreme is crazy hard in some of the things, they use a band around the legs when doing jumping jacks! (I didn't --- the band I use that is already tied must not have enough slack because I couldn't do the stuff with the band around my legs!

Oh, and you all would be proud, I'm taking the 4 flights of stairs (while carrying my laptop and lunch bag) each morning and trying to make everyone else do the same (guilting them into it).
And one other thing.....I left early yesterday to get my passport and do a couple of little errands. So I get home early, have plenty of time to cook, but NO ONE WAS THERE! DS was at work and DH had a critical situation conf call. I waited and waited and finally cooked and ate by myself! We've always been the type of family that eats most dinners all together. So much for getting home early to be with the family! I should have worked out again but I was toooooo hungry and THOUGHT I'd be eating soon...NOT...oh well, the irony of it all :)

One more ironic thing and then I'll shut up. Had our first team cadence meeting, so about 1/2 the team is right next to each other but we all had to call into the meeting....uh, what was the purpose of us being forced to be in the office together? then on top of it all, went around, does so and so have anything? no, no, no, no,no, no....ok, until tomorrow....lasted all of 2 min.

Lisa, do you work in Dilbert-World? Sounds like it!

Since we're talking about bathroom habits... DH is actually able to make a trip to the loo, as Ronne would say, while talking on the phone! Some day he's going to drop his phone in the toilet, and then he'll have some 'splaining to do when he calls back the person on the other end! Just hope it won't be a prospective client! :D

Lisa, were you really that much overweight? You've done a great job getting rid of it! I would have never guessed!

I'd love to write more, but it is soooo late and 5:00 comes soooo early! Good night, and thanks for the laugh!

There is a lot going on in this thread. I hope things calm down for everyone or at least becomes more bearable. I am sort of back to exercising. The weather is a tiny bit better and I am walking. The weights just do not appeal to me right now. I guess the weather, the music and the me-time make the walking a better choice for right now.

Murphy

Hey everyone, it's all my fault there is so much going on this thread! :)

today I did Chalean Burn Circuit 3....lots of shoulder work in that one, my shoulders are tired and feeling it (normally I don't feel much in the shoulders). It snowed on the way into work!

Mary, did you ever email Michele from Facebook about getting the free cardio coach 1 workout? If anyone else wants it I'm sure Michele would be happy to send it to you if you mention my name. If you are, I'll look up her email for you....she's a fellow Cathlete too.

Better run...

Hi everyone

Working late again :(. This stuff's doing my head in! Today I did B&G and actually quite enjoyed it. I suspect I won't be feeling quite so happy about it tomorrow ;)

Phones in toilets?!! Uggh. I remember once having a work phone conversation with someone who told me they'd just been to the toilet because they were having problems - TMI!!

Lisa - your office is massive! Sounds like the kind of thing you see in films, you know, Working Girl and what's that other one came out a couple of years ago, Office Space? Not sure. How do you concentrate? Although I'm always distracted looking out of the window and noseying at what's going on!

Murphy - glad to hear you're up and about. Take your time, you'll get back to weights when you're good and ready!

OK, I really am going to finish this stuff now :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.