Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

40's - week of 2/3/13

This is a discussion on 40's - week of 2/3/13 within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Well, that was an interesting chiro visit. I didn't get my neck cracked at all. Took xrays, I have compression ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Cathlete
fitover40's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to fitover40 Send a message via Yahoo to fitover40

Well, that was an interesting chiro visit. I didn't get my neck cracked at all. Took xrays, I have compression in C5 and C6, some bone spurs...could have been from accident yrs ago, said that is the beginning of arthritis. They have a chart of phases of how bad you are, I'm somewhere between phase1 and phase2 (goes up to phase 3 and once you are there there is nothing they can do). So, they hooked up some electro-current thing in my neck/shoulders that sent pulses to ease the muscles, made me lay and pump up this thing under my neck to aid in stretching my head back (oh, my head is forward where it should be...I'm not surprised with all the computer work I do), and a tables that had these massage things running up and down my back. Did that for 11 min. I go back Wed (that will be another $40), they estimate 20ish treatments. The plan is to get my neck stretched back and move up to the big neck pump and higher pressure on the back massage things. I have homework to do. 1. roll up a towel and put behind my neck and stretch it out 2. regularly stretch my neck back and look up 3. get a upper cervical traction unit for my home. (see Jody you were close on that). Overdoor Cervical Traction Set - Drive Medical - Allegro Medical Supplies

Mary, when my kids would say about other one being better at xyz, I'd point out that may be true but then point out that child's strengths. We all excel in different areas that's what makes us unique.

Roxie, glad you got the check straightened out.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Cathlete
Roxie 1965's Profile Fields

Lisa-thats a good brand and price for that device we sell alot of those at our store I always try to keep 2 in stock.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Cathlete

This is an example of the neck pump I used in the office. Eventually once I get my neck stretched out, he said it would be good to buy one to use to keep it stretched. The Posture Pump 1000 Neck Traction Unit- Make a change in your spine
Old 02-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Cathlete

Roxie, wow, didn't know you knew about all this! I'm thinking this is the neck pump he wants me to eventually get, do you know anything about this?
Posture Pro Posture Pump - Posture Pro Posture Pump Cervical Spine Trainer - Allegro Medical Supplies
Old 02-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Cathlete

Roxie, was thinking maybe the elliptical made my neck worse (I've been doing 2 miles everyday), reason being, the arms are so far forward for me I do feel hunched forward a bit. Any idea? Maybe I'll start not using those arm things.....
Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 PM
Cathlete
Roxie 1965's Profile Fields

Good Evening,

I did BS CB&S felt good I should have went heavier on the bench press.

Lisa-I had someone ask if we stocked that and I wasn't sure what it was but his chiro recommended it and the elliptical could be irritating it I would try it without the arms.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:51 AM
Cathlete
Faithnveggies's Profile Fields

Lisa, my boyf. used the head sling thing for awhile it helped. He prob had old injury but he started having numbness in fingers and blacked out while we were on an older roller coaster at kings island- ohio. I bet impact workouts are a trigger? Even lunges off the step seem like they scrunch up my neck. good luck w/ treatment.

Roxie, glad you found good home for dog! I miss my two but cat lets me pick her up at end of day and hug her.

Murphy maybe you are run down from stress and work?

Mary, hugs to dd. It must be tougher to compete with twin than mere sibling. We all have different gifts and thank goodness they aren't the same ones. Makes me think of my older dd who scores in 99 percentile ACT in language and is merely average in math. Celebrate the gifts and there is nothing wrong with being avg.

Ronne, I'm avoiding the wine for sure on diet but in general I know it isn't good for my brain or body.

I did a cathe circuit this morning and have my xtend this afternoon, in the meantime, off to the quicksands of rampant buffoonery.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:24 AM
Cathlete
Ronne's Profile Fields

Hello, hello, hello

Jody - I feel we may all spend a good portion of our time in those quicksands!! Great description . Is adding in extra Cathe 'cheating'?

Lisa - the chiro sounds good - like he knows what he's talking about at least. Keeping my fingers crossed this sorts you out.

Mary - as Jody said, it must be even harder when you're a twin. Poor kid. Not sure what to advise. Is she better at some stuff than her twin - can you emphasise that? Also, success at school isn't always an indication of later sucess and it depends what you want to do. I was a bit of a prodigy up to about the age of 13, but the rest of my peers caught up with me after that so that may happen with DS yet.

Murphy - sounds like a sensible plan to take time off. Do you need to boost your fruit/veggie intake or take supplements perhaps?

Roxie - glad you got the cheque sorted out!!

Today was BS B&T. Upped my weights a bit - go me! Did 20lbs (just typed 200 there by accident!) for the first round of curls, and did the second two sets of dips on my toes. (Always done all of them on my knees till now.) Feel like I'm getting stronger. I think the rotation is starting to have an effect.
Also added SB Stretch Max on as feeling a bit crunched up.

Out to the cinema again tonight - Lincoln. I'll come back and give you a history lesson tomorrow!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Cathlete
scubagirl's Profile Fields

Hi all! Today did XT CB&S. Lisa, how are you feeling? Any better? Jody, he passed out on the roller coaster??? That would have scared the bejesus out of me!!! Ronne, I do love to go to the movies. There is a silly one coming out this week that I would love to see, Identity Thief. Enjoy yourself. Roxie, thank goodness about your check! That is a relief. Murphy, glad to see you are back! Hope that you start feeling better, it does ge so frustrating! Thanks for the words for DD. She is doing better, I have expressed her gifts, etc. I can only imagine what it would be like to have a freakishly smart sibling! (I'm an only). I'm so proud of both of them! And the little one! Almost forgot him! Haha! Have a good day". Mary
Old 02-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Cathlete

Hi all, I slept a bit better last night, yeah me! So, the pain did start up again as I was using my laptop for FB, I thought, oh no, so I did my neck stretch with a rolled up towel, then proceeded to watch the biggest loser and I noticed my pain was gone (whereas normally it would have continued to worsen). I knew I had some forward head posture (just didn't realize it was most of the cause). Not sure why it got so bad lately, then was thinking of the things that I was doing more of that increased my FHP. Spinning, elliptical, then along with all the laptop usage (for work and personal--like this weekend I was looking for quilt patterns), and reading propped up with a gazillion pillows to read. So I'm going to have to be more mindful. My sister who is married to a chiro said that I didn't see a REAL chiro and they would help me find a real one. WTH? I knew I'd get a rise out of her with my FB status. But I feel a good 50% better, and I like that I'm learning techniques to help me deal with this vs just go in, wham, bam, crack, thank you ma'am. Besides my sister's husband (the chiro) has the WORST FHP ever! In profile pictures I even notice his, mine I don't notice so much. I plan to w/o later tonight since I got a late start today, will see what I feel like doing. I forgot to ask about doing UB work, hopefully I'll remember to ask on Wed when I go back.

Ronne, I want to see that movie, I was never into history, so I'm sure I can learn something from that movie.

Mary, my youngest is much smarter (or maybe he just applies himself better) than the oldest. when he would say something like that, I would point out the good qualities he had. It's kind of the same with their body type, I try to stress the strive to be the best you can.

Roxie, owning a gym? wow, that seems like a tall order. I think you'd be great at nutrition/exercise/PT?

Jody, well at least I haven't blacked out The chiro was amazed at my lack of flexibility (I try, I just not naturally limber, nor is my siblings). I thought that was pretty normal since Cathe will say, if you can't reach your toes, hold on to your calf (and I'm not as bad as only getting to the calf as an example).

I better run, I really do need to try to limit my computer time!