40s time to get rolling on 8/23

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi everyone, getting us started for the week. We got DS18 moved into the dorm friday, his schedule is still not finalized :mad:. For some reason we are having issues with schedule (the school is supposed to set it up for first semester) that we didn't have with our first one. So, he's on waitlist for one class, hope he can get in. Thankfully DS21 helped him with his schedule since the school finally opened it up to students to modify (if they had opened it up from the get go, we wouldn't have a problem).

anyway, no w/o on friday, Sat I did Muscle Max, Sunday, i tried to do Imax3 step only, got a bit past halfway and decided to quit. Monday I ran 4 miles. I will be back on meso2 week 3 this week, but not doubling up any workouts, I'm tired (it's heck to turn a year older) :)

Murphy, any more news on the house? Sounds like it will all work out, it just is slower than we would like!

Hi Mary if you are here and Ronne if you are back (doubt it).

Have a good one!

Hi all. Lisa, thanks for getting us started. Today I did MMA Fusion. It felt good but I was a bit sluggish. I took the weekend off, we visited friends and I just did not feel like doing anything. Things on the house are moving, slowly for right now. DD starts kindergarten next week. I am okay right now, next week may be another story.

Hi to all who follow.

Murphy

Murphy, did you feel like a rolly-polly? :) Kindergarten is so exciting......funny I didn't cry (guess I was too excited at the time about my daycare costs going down) :) I did almost shed a couple tears with DS starting college this weekend. No matter what their age, you would just love to protect them always. Starting a new school, especially with different people is always so hard, but they get through and are stronger for it.

HI all. I decided to take a rest day this morning. We had company stay over plus the kids were up late. I woke up on time but stayed in bed and enjoyed the quiet. Of course now I wish I had exercised - I forgot I took the weekend off!

Lisa - thank you for calming me down and reminding me that I am not the only one who cries at these things/events in life.

Murphy

Hi everyone! Sorry have been missing, getting the kids ready for school tomorrow! Murphy, I cry every day the 1st day of school! It is a change for them and us too! Lisa, how is it in the house with just the 2 of you? A lot different? I bet the house will stay cleaner! I have been doing my weights and just started back on the bike, having a harder time bouncing back this time. I am nervous to go back to work next week and be on my feet all day, went to the mall the other day and after 3 hrs was miserable, so we shall see. Hope everyone has a good day. Ronne, must stil be in France? Mary

Hi everyone, I got up early (5 am) and still didn't get to work until my normal time. I must have an internal clock that says "dwaddle until you REALLY must be in the office". I did STS Meso2 Back/Bi week 3.

So far it's only been a bit weird in the house (DS18 didn't make much noise, but I do miss him). I've been busy, worrying and stressing (what else do we women do)? DH got a speeding ticket taking something to college yesterday, irritates me, it is something that we have been asking the college about but kept getting an answer that we had to wait....well, it ended up they needed the social security card, grrrr, so DH ran down there so we would get the financial credit.

Yoshi the cat has created a new sore on herself. Happened on Sunday in the 30 min I worked out, came up and here she was licking herself with a quarter size red mess that was bleeding. a friend thought it could be food allergies, I've tried different foods that she won't eat, I'm getting frustrated especially since it may not be an allergy. So, I'm not sure if I'm paranoid or my gut instinct is telling me to take her into the vet, but I take her later today. I can't leave her while we go on a cruise in this state....not life threatening but I don't want it to turn that way. No more animals for me after this! Taking care of them in their old age is tough.

Mary, I'm dropping the cleaing lady down to every 6 wks instead of every 4, hoping to save some cash. Doesn't get nearly as dirty with no dog and no kid....just cat hair now, and that's a weekly chore in the couple of spots she lays (bless her heart). Don't get too down on yourself, I think you've done amazingly well with your surgeries. Take it easy until you have to go back to work!

Murphy, change is tough, no matter if it's for something good (starting school) or something bad. I heard a speaker at college this weekend and her speach was about "leaning in to change and not looking back" (wish I could remember the words better. Apparently some wise woman wrote this.

Gotta run....

Hi all,

I did the cardio only premix of BC this morning (2:30 am, could not sleep) and after 10 minutes wanted to quit. I felt like I was doing one of the HiiT programs. It was not that long, but I have lost so much cardio capacity that I cannot do any of that stuff anymore. I also did the core only premix, that was not too bad (yeah, who am I kidding). I have not done the entire dvd through but I am looking forward to (yes, I am crazy).

Tomorrow is kindergarten orientation. Wish me luck!

Murphy

Hi ladies. I'm TIRED! I only slept 4 hrs, I'm in freak out worry mode over Yoshi. Took her to the vet yesterday, I feel so bad for her. They did blood work to check her metabolic functions, and based on that they want to start her on pain management. Says she has a lot of things wrong with her (she is 17+), Pain in spine, pain in front legs, pain in back hips...the only joint that isn't painful is the neck which she whips around to lick sores on herself. The licking COULD be food allergies (but she isn't eating the new food and at this point I want her to eat so am feeding her the old food), the licking could be because of the pain and she just doesn't know where to lick to feel better. She's missing the litter box because he says she is totally blind....I knew she was pretty blind, but it was so much more obvious in his office because she doens't know that area, so she would walk, run into a wall, turn, walk, run into next wall, turn, repeat forever. Also thinks there could be some damage to brain? When you put your hand up to her, she flinches on one side (good) but the other no....mentioned brain and mri but that he wouldn't do that on a 17 yr old cat. It was just sooooooooooooooooo sad. So, I'm waiting for the bloodwork and then see if we go into pain management or what. I don't know if I wish for some to be wrong with her metabolically or what. I'm really freaking out.

anyway, I did do Athletic STep (had to take lots of breaks), I'm whooped but I know I still wouldn't be able to sleep because I'm worrying and I just feel so bad for her. gotta run, vet just called

So, Yoshi blood and urine good. They want to xray her spine and leg to access type of pain managment. They also mention accupuncture but I just don't want to go to that extreme (expense). Is that bad of me? I wonder if the pain is really what could be causing her to lick herself raw (in only a couple places, no where near where the pain probably is), or if it is a food allergy.....sigh. I really do not like managing animals in their old age.

Oh Lisa, I'm sorry to hear of all of Yoshi's troubles. The licking theory makes sense tho. I wish I had answers for you, I am thinking of you. Today was the 1st day of school, chaos everywhere! Forgotten lunches, bus service late, little one doesn't get the bus because the levy failed, But I am alone again! Did the bike, therapy and back. Murphy, have fun tomorrow! Is your little one excited? Have a good day! Mary

Lisa - so sorry to hear about Yoshi's problems. Try to take one day at a time, one crisis at a time. I am sending prayers your way.

Mary - DD is excited yet slightly cautious. I think it helps that one of her BFF's will be in the same classroom. I know I feel better! :)

Hi everyone, I'm late today, but looks like everyone else is too. I WANTED to sleep in, but woke up early, so I had to exercise even though I had no energy. IT was a sad sight. Low Max, stopped after interval 3, I just wasn't into step, so did MMA Boxing Heavy Bag.

I'm taking off tomorrow to go to a parade of homes with my sis. It's where they have all these ritzy homes that you go look through. I'll probably get time to check in before I go.

Mary, enjoy your time alone before you head back to work. Do you think you will be ok for working and all healed?

Murphy, any new news on the house?

thanks for Yoshi thoughts......

Hi all,

I have not worked out for 2 days now. Both nights the little one kept me up plus, I am stressing over house sale/purchase. My realtor is on vacation and her assistant is having personal problems, no one knows anything/can help me. The buyes gave us a list of picky things to fix and I freaked. I calmed down...eventually... and realized that they were things that we could fix and we did. I ended up calling the realtor on vacation and asked her to call the buyers realtor and talk to them about their list. She called back with what the main concerns were and then I felt better. One of their issues was the debris found in the OUTDOOR unit for the air conditioner. Hello, it is an OUTDOOR unit, you are going to get leaves and whatever else. I told her we would clean it out but we are not cleaning it out every day until closing. ???? I remenided them that we cannot cover it, we are still using it! ???? Anyway, they agreed to what we said we would fix and 90% of it is done. We have someone coming to work on the outdoor stuff and we are taking care of the other things. Other stress - the sellers of the house we want to buy have not responded to our request for repairs - ground the open ground outlets. Some of the outlets are not wired properly. They just need to get an electrician... Anyway, I must look like heck because DH is doing more with the kids to give me time to rest/de-stress. Plus, he is trying to take on more tasks with the home sale/purchase.

School - we toured the new school and DD seems to be ready. On the tour was a girl who will be in her class so that was nice. I am still a little weepy but am trying to hold it together.

Oh, did I mention that the house sale/purchase and beginning of school is all within the same week? Okay, headache is back. :-(

Murphy

Hi everyone! Today I did the bike and chest, shoulders and tri's. Just got my hair colored and blown out. Feeling like a goddess! Murphy, aren't people ridiculous sometimes? I' m sorry it is so stressful. Your DD will do great! I think it is hardest on the moms. I will keep you in my prayers that all runs smoothly. Lisa, how are you? What are you and DH doing in that big empty house? You guys could run around in the nude all day! ( just kidding!) have a good weekend all! Mary

Hi, back from the parade of home tour...walked a lot.

Murphy, I think buying/selling a house is one of the top stressors. We swore we would never move again because of the hassle (especially with our buyers). We've been here 18 yrs and after looking at all the new homes, I still love mine!

Mary, lol about running around in the nude. I do really like my new workout area!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.