40's and still hot - Week 9/9/12

Murphy

Cathlete
I did not see a thread so, getting us started. I am still a little hot weather wise so I thought I would go with that for the title.

Yesterday I did The Firm, volume 4 and today I did volume 3. These are from the original seires. I thought Cathe would be too much (with my back and all) and thought The Firm would be nice to ease into (plus it bugs me to have many w/o options and not use them). Well, it wasn't as easy as I thought. They are not like Cathe, but they were a good option after all that time off. The "fun" part was that these are on VHS. I thought about buying them on dvd, but cannot justify buying something I may not use just so I can have it on dvd.

Anyway, waves to all and sorry for the lack of personals. I have no idea what anyone is up to.

Murphy :eek:

Did 2 miles on elip in 24 min, then 3.25 miles on TM for 40 min using CCPP. Was feeling good until DH and I got in a fight. The elip seemed easier for the hills ... I can't do sprints on it very well, my right knee starts hurting. I like sprinting on TM but not hills. I might have to start jumping off and on each machine depending on the challenge in the w/o. It was tough though going from elip to TM took me a while to get teh TM rhythm down. I get more of the runner's high from the TM though (that is what keeps me going back to the TM, it's like a drug!)

Last edited:
Murphy, good job on getting back into it, hope your back/neck stay good for you. I had one of the original Firms "sleeking the legs like those of a race horse" or something like that. It was vol 4? the one with Susan Harris and Sandal Goodman? They were quite good even tho it was fun to make fun of the prissy walk as they changed places.

Lisa, did things blow over? LOL at you jumping back and forth between machines, I think you need a rower, too. : D

Roxie, you didn't ask so feel free to tell me to myob, but milk supply, wt gain and avoiding jaundice, etc may go better if mom errs on the side of nursing very frequently, on demand and even more- for the first few weeks. Maybe with her legs being numb she can stay tucked in bed w/ baby and have a long nursing baby moon? Regardless, best wishes to them as they figure out what is going to work for them as a family. Enjoy~

I tried to play catch up today and did BG standing portion and core then added BBTS Ch and Tri. Ideally some cardio would occur as well.

Last edited:
LOL Jody, yes things blew over. Seems same gripe, maybe it's hormones on my part cuz I got me a whisker today, I'm getting better at pulling those things! You are really killing the workouts!

Hi girls! YR today. Took DD to mall, got bracelet, hair thing and a little wrislet for the dance on Saturday. Of course we found a Coach wrislet on sale! She's so excited! Roxie, how is that baby? I bet you are just loving holding and smelling him! Hope DD feels better soon. Lisa, laughing about argument with DH! Me and mine had one yesterday! How long do you leave the jello on? Murphy, I have been thinking of ordering the Firm volume 1, with Susan Harris. I lost my copy and that was my first work out dvd. Still mulling that over! Glad you are on the mend! Jody, good job on the workouts! Still thinking of you! Ronne, how was your weekend? Watching football now, getting ready for the work week, talk to you all tomorrow! Mary

Good Evening,

I didn't get to see the baby today I had to go to DH's mothers 75th birthday party. I am taking tomarrow off to stay home with dd and gs because she is still having difficulty walking and her dh has to go to work, it just makes dh and I feel better to have someone with her.

Jody-he is nursing real well now and she has a moon pillow. He slept from 12:30am until 4 this morning so she got some sleep.

Lisa-you are to funny about the hair. I just use the weight loss setting or the interval setting when I do the elliptical.

Mary-I think collage has some old firms they are bringing back.

Murphy-good job with your workout.

H workout chums!

Murphy - glad you're making small steps to workout recovery. Did they look old-fashioned?

Lisa - sounds like you're having fun with your new toys.

Jody - congrats on keeping up the workouts.

Mary - sounds like a nice shopping trip with your DD.

Roxie - sounds like you're in full grandmother mode at the moment!

Had a fairly quiet weekend, laid off the workouts and enjoyed the last of the sunshine. Did a bit of cleaning, read, watched TV, v relaxing.

Did CCC today. I probably only do it about once a year! I still think it's Cathe's toughest workout. I decided to do it at the beginning of the week as I don't think I'll have energy for it later on!

AB done. Going into work so only can get to forums from phone (if it connects, darn office blocks reception). So may be little responses during work time :( Rushing off to work now.

Ronne, I like the PM of CCC where it doesn't repeat anything, I think it's express. I decided that;s the only way I'll do it from now on.

Roxie, enjoy your time with DD, I'm sure she appreciates it!

Murphy, hot here next 2 days then a cool down, 60's and 70's ah PERFECT for me!

Mary, I keep the jello on an hour (after I get it hardened with the blow dryer). I think it works mostly for fine haired people, is your strands fine? I know you have a lot of it, can you give me some? LOL They say the jello plugs the holes in your hair strand.

gotta run, I'll try to check back

Last edited:
Hi girls! Today did CF, I did cheat a little! No band with the firewalker tabata, it was still hard! Roxie, enjoy your day! How long did they say her legs would be weak? Lisa, I wonder if the jello would smooth the hair shaft a little? That's probably why yours looks so shiny? I will think about it! Ronne, sounds like the perfect weekend! Murphy, is your back totally better? Jody, how are you? When do you go back? Sending you good thoughts, have to run errands and clean for the week. We have a wake to go to tonight, friends friend, does that even make sense? Anyway, have a good day! Mary

I did a 40 min run and got in Bi and Back and some core with BBTS.
CCC hardest one? I probably improvise so much that it doesn't hit me that way!
Glad things going better for dd and gs Roxie.
Mary, I suspect your house was already clean before you did your cleaning for the week. I go back Thurs morn. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.
Lisa, are you still working on the hybrid tm Elliptical workouts? It sounds like you get a long cardio in when you combine them.
Murphy, are you still improving?
Ronne, last of the sunshine? that sounds sad. We're watching Murray this eve.

I can't really afford dance but was asked to do the A troupe (more money and time) but it would be fun while I'm in no brainer school. I'll have to see if there is any wiggle room. OMGosh, just stop me. Nononononono. Also, at school, my instructor wondered if there was some way I could CLEP part of school since I seem to know the material, she is going to talk to program director. That would be nice. Take care yall. see ya manana

Good Evening,

Well I didn't get a workout in today spent the entire day at dds cleaning and doing laundry which wasn't a good idea she only got out of the recliner once and she won't put the baby down not even at night. I plan on going to work tomarrow gs has a dr. appt so daddy will be there.

Jody-you are going to spread yourself thin.

Mary-they said she could have weakness off and on for the rest of her life if she doesn't do something to strenghten the muscles.

Lisa-she does appreciate it.

Ronne-just doing my job as a mom.

Roxie, you never stop being a Mom. Mom's provides the backbone of a family. DH's Mom passed when he was 16 so it's obvious from his family how when that backbone went away, the family raveled apart.

Jody, CLEPing would be great. I know how frustrating it must be. I had to be sent to Dallas for 5 weeks when I was newly married for programming class, I knew the material already. Me and one other girl would sneak out during lab time and go shopping or sun bathing. They caught onto us and then told us we had to stay to help the others. Luckily one of the instructors was cool and covered for us while we were out having fun!

I know you all like my funnies. So my latest funny is Xylitol....do you know what it does to you?

hee hee, I knew you all would know. I didn't. I've been making these whole fruit virgin margaritas (lemon, lime, orange, water, ice, sweetener), well, I was using agave to sweeten but got some xylitol (I had used it before in other stuff but I guess not in the quantity I did for these drinks). OMG when we FINALLY made the connection, I thought, ok, I'll just use a little next time. I guess 1/8 cup between 2 people is still too much. As I ate dinner tonight, I thought, man, I'm full all of a sudden, then an hour later, it hits. DH is not going to trust me anymore! He's the one making this whole thing funny. He blows everything out of proportion! I think he thinks I'm trying to kill him!

Hello

Lisa - so is jello the stuff that would make jelly out of? We buy jelly in cubes in the supermarket, you mix it with hot water to make it. Do you use a flavour?!!!

Mary - that's not a cheat, that's just being sensible!

Jody - I suspect that your improvising turns out be even harder than the DVD! By the way, I have absolutely no idea what the end of your post is about!! The whole US college system is like nuclear fission to me!

Roxie - it never stops does it?

Did SS today. Interestingly, in the WM it's given the same MET value (7) as CCC. Now, that I don't believe for a minute! Anyway, felt good to lift some weights.
Went out last night with BF for dinner. Had a good catch up!

Semi planned rest day. I slept good, I slept in, hair good enough, off to work I go.

Mary, I think it was the GVP Cond Balm from Sally's that really made it shiny, maybe in addition to the jello.

Ronne, That sounds similar, our is Knox brand unflavored gelatin. SS a Met 7? Maybe someone messed that one up? My arms are a bit weary today from the weights from AB yesterday.

Gotta run for now

HI all. So, I thought I would spend the week doing old The Firm video's but now I am itching to get back to Cathe. The video's aren't necessarily old (the workouts are good but some things are outdated - capezio's??), they just seem slow - especially compared to Cathe. Maybe I will give it another day or two and see how I feel. I am more concerned with hurting myself again when I am feeling pretty good.

Roxie - I have been out of the loop so long that I forgot to say congrat's on the baby.

Murphy

Hi all! Today did L&G, fun! Roxie, how is DD feeling? Will she start working out with you? Jody, I am going to be sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers, especially on Thursday! Murphy, it's probably fun to visit those old workouts! Do you remember all the moves? Lis, I will have to get myself up to sallys! Ronne, glad you had fun at dinner. Might not make it here tomorrow, get to get my roots done! Now, I am going to mow the grass, will talk to you later! Mary

No workout- I got soaked in rain leaving work/school and didn't feel like drying off and changing in order to get to dance plus I would have been pretty late so I skipped it. Came home and put on jammies at 730 pm.
re remembering the moves, its funny how those old routines come back to you. I bet there are some Fondas I could do, lol.
Busy day tomorrow but I will likely read threads a couple of times.
Roxie sounds like dd and gs are getting along pretty well.
Hugs and waves to all.

Hi all

Lisa - I love the idea of you putting strawberry flavoured jelly on your hair!!

Murphy - keep taking it easy - you don't want to go fast too soon.

Mary - I like L&G, it's one of the few lower body workouts I don't mind doing! Enjoy the hairdresser

Jody - sometimes it's better just to miss something than rush to get there!

Did CTX All Step cardio only. Just over 30 mins as a bit pushed for time today. Work pretty busy.
Taking DD to her first trampolining class tonight. She never stops!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.