40's spring chickens, week of 3/23/09

fitover40

Cathlete
I don't think this has gotten started yet.....

So, who's preordering STS cardio? I haven't yet, but I'm sure I will....I don't know why I'm waiting :eek:

Today was disc 16. I have DH doing Meso 2 now. He just did disc 14 yesterday, today he can hardly walk:D That gives me such pleasure <insert evil laugh here>.

Hello Lisa and everyone else

I think the STS cardio sounds fantastic! I probably am going to preorder as well (my first time :D). It sounds such good value and even if I have to pay customs charges I'm sure it will still be worth it.
Isn't it great when your DH gets to understand how tough Cathe is?!:)

Well, I managed another workout over the weekend - a premix from ASC3. I'm planning to do upper body and abs from BM2 today. The work on the house is taking a break for a week so I can get some more workouts in!

Bye for now.

Ronne, Another workout?!?!? I expect pigs to start flying soon! :eek:

No workout for me today, we are going to do a campus visit with my youngest son and then have lunch with the oldest.

Our new front door was delivered while I was in the middle of my workout. I'm not sure what they made of the laptop on a chair with my equipment in front of it!;)

Had to drop down to 10lbs for the UB work - oh well. Better than no workout at all!

Sounds like a nice day you've got planned. Enjoy your lunch.

Hi All,

I did disc 16 today too. I am wondering if I will feel it tomorrow. Has anyone noticed they are hungry more often since starting STS? I guess I should be but it took me by surprise. Anyway, I am not sure what I plan for tomorrow. I have abs and stretching on the calendar, but I may do some drills or something. Oh, I too plan on buying the STS cardio. I was thinking of the band workout and wondering how many DOMS I will have after that. I cannot stop thinking of endless firewalkers - they do the job but man oh man.

Murph

Hi all! Haven't been here in a while it seems! Yesterday I did disc 19, those double wave loads were pretty challenging! I am feeling it today, and tomorrow is another tri-set legs!! Oh no! (I feel like Mr. Bill!) Murphy, I cannot stop eating! I am going to look like a house soon! I have been famished, trying to make good choices, but sometimes those girl scout cookies scream my name! Ronne, is the house almost done? You must be getting so excited to have your house back to yourself! Lisa, how was the school visit? Did he like it? I will be ordering the new series, too! When I told my DH I thought he was going to choke me or Cathe!! I am excited, tho! If I didn't always use the w/o's then he would have reason to complain!! At least I'm not out there collecting diamonds, (tho, I wouldn't mind a few more of those!) Have a good day. Hi to all that follow. Mary

I preordered!

Of course I did! I just can't help myself!

I've been laying low for a while -- sick with a really bad sinus infection and in no mood to do anything except sleep. (Not that I did, of course, but that's all I wanted to do.)

So back on the antibiotics -- again -- and finally starting to feel better. Good thing it happened during my week off from STS. Recovery? Yes. Active? Not so much.

Well, I just wanted to stop by and say "hi" to everybody. I'm really hoping for a nice, long stretch of time in which nobody in the family gets sick!

Hi girls.

I will be preordering STS CArdio for sure! i don't even have to think about this. For STS i hummed and hared and didn't pre order, but not when it comes to cardio! I'm there. Will have to wait a few weeks before I preorder though, I've just bought Hip HOP Abs Ultimate results from Beach Body. I'm loving the hip hop stuff! Its fun. I've taken this week off Chalean, as its going to be an interrupted training week.

Ronne - I loved the lap Top on the chair with the equipment around it. LOL. Things we do. can't wait to see some before and afters! (Of the house).

Got to go, i'm sneaking a post in while I am at work. See ya.

Hi everyone

Sounds like we're all up for STS Cardio then?! Great.

Mary - at least you don't have a shoe habit - then your DH could complain. And he does get the benefit of a buff wife! :p
The house is nearly there. We're bringing some furniture back at the end of the week even though it's not finished downstairs. The good news is we found a decorator who's going to do all the painting (we were going to do it ourselves) for a good price and he's recommmended by a friend.

Murph - so what workout did you decide on?

Kathryn - sorry to hear you've been feeling ill again. Sinus troubles are horrible and you have my sympathy. :(

Andrea - I can't imagine what hip hop abs would look like?!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I might be able to post some photos by the end of April!

Today I did the floor portion of GSL. I really like Cathe on this one - she's so cheerful and jokey.

Bye for now.

Hi All,

Well, yesteray I was a bit optimistic - "so some drills" ????? Yeah! I woke up this morning, wanted to sleep but got up (b/c I alreayd overslept), stretched and hurt my back!? I decided to do stretch max and core max to try to work out the kink. I do feel better but it is still there a little. I cannot believe that as I type this it dawns on me to take an aspirin...What is wrong with me? Anyway, tomorrow is legs. Wish me luck and DOMS!

Murph

Hi everyone! I did STS M2 Legs today. My left thigh still has some soreness in it from last week! I feel so strong doing these workouts for some reason.

Murphy, have fun with legs tomorrow! I got myself quite winded! I forgot to put on my HRM to see how high my HR gets.

Ronne, I'm sure those delivery people have seen everything! I used to answer the door in my PJs when I worked full time from home. I remember one time they apologized for waking me up! It was in the middle of the afternoon! Must have been a tough work day for me too look tired as well as be in my PJs.

Mary, let's not talk about eating! I have been awful this week. All last week I resisted the choc cake this girl made my DS for his birthday, but this week, I've gone totally overboard. We went out to eat twice this week and for some stupid reason I HAD to have dessert! Those pics just called out to me all through the dinner. Time to buckle down!

Kathryn, sorry to hear you are ill again, oh heavens! I bet spring can't come fast enough for you!

Andrea, you are really getting into those beachbody workouts. I'm sure I'm going to preorder too, I just need to do it. The money sure has been flowing out too rapidly lately! :confused:

Gotta run for now, hellos to anyone else I may have missed!

Murph - I hate to break this to you, and theres no easy way to tell you. I will be blunt. Theres nothing wrong with you. .................................Its called getting older.:mad:

Hello

So how are the DOMS, Murph? Hope the kink in the back is gone as well.

Lisa - the PJs in the middle of the afternoon is priceless. If I didn't have to take DD to school everyday I swear that would be me!

Did 3 sections of ASC3 today - I'm finally starting to get most of the choreo. It's so much fun, I smile when I'm doing it.

Bye for now.

Hi everyone! We have a blizzard here! It's exciting since we've hardly had snow this year. I think I'll be doing shovel max quite a bit today. For a formal workout, I did step portion only of C&W and then I started blasts only of Imax3....what was I thinking????:eek: I couldn't do it (low energy today and shaky feeling---had to eat partway through my workout), so instead I did the blast challenge of KM.

Ronne, sounds like you are cruising along starting to get back in the swing of working out, how long will you be able to workout before work on the house starts again?

Murphy, I had a back ache yesterday too and I really couldn't attribute it to anything I did the day before since I didn't workout or anything, darn guess it is AGE, ugh!

Welllllll ladies, time to go play in the snow....it's the only way I can get the dog to go out and do her buisness! :D

The kids kept me up all night so my work out will have to be done tonight. I am a little worried about going to bed after the workout and not being able to move in the morning. Maybe I will kick DH throughout the night to keep my legs limber. I am sure he will do something soon to deserve it.

Murph

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a good day. Did disc 20 yesterday, legs, I have a very sore butt today! I was hoping after 2 weeks of the trisets, my legs wouldn't be too suprised by them. Murphy, good idea, for keeping the legs moving, he probably has done something! Or will! Lisa, you guys are getting a lot of snow! hope that it doesn't come to Ohio! Ronne, I am impressed with you with Amy's step work, I have been afraid to get any of hers because I hear they are complicated. Good job! Andrea, how are you? Are you hip-hopping!? Kathryn, glad to see you back. Hope that you are feeling better. We have been passing the same cold around now for 6 weeks. Have a good day all. Mary

Hello all!

Just got to do a quick flyby post today!

Lisa - yes, the workouts are chugging along nicely. I've got Mon and Tues next week and then they're back. I'm basically away for the next two weeks after that and once I'm back I should be able to work out regularly again! :eek: I can't believe you got snow!! I suppose if you've not had much then it's a nice surprise!

Murph - is that a bit like a Cathe presale? You kick DH in advance of him doing anything to deserve it?! :p

Mary - so you're still with the leg DOMS then? It must kill bending down to pick the kids up!

Well, I've got my credit card out in front of me and I'm off to preorder STS Cardio - woo hoo!

Have a good weekend, everyone.

A quick fly by for me as well. We ended up with about 20" of snow, I have to go do the last bit of shoveling after this post. The mailman never did come by either yesterday, so you know it was bad!

I preordered STS cardio yesterday and now I can't wait!

Seems my legs are in a forever state of DOMS!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Lisa - I know what you mean about the legs alwasy in a state of DOMS. I feel it there the longest - I also need it there the most, but that area and my tri-ceps keep my in a constant state of DOMS. By the way, where do you live that you have all this snow? I'm on the East Coast (top half) and it is just starting to get nice.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.