40s SHORT week!!! 9/7/2010

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi everyone, looks like I'm getting us started for this short week (especially for me). Sat-STS Meso2 Wk4 legs --- all done with meso 2, yippee!, Sun - Turbofire(just got) 45 EZ - uh, it wasn't so easy, but I liked it, Mon-Muscle Endurance upper body only, tues- Legs and glutes. Only 2 more workouts until I'm gone!

Boulder made the national news I see. Such a wildfire! Heard air tankers last night (and probably today but not there today) flying over my house as the took flame retardant from the airport to the wildfire. Driving into work it is soooooo smokey! My work is in Boulder but still quite a ways from the fires. I hope they get it contained soon, sounds like many houses has gone up in flames (3 of them firefighter houses).

I worked on packing this weekend....ooh wee, it's almost here! Spent too much money too on clothes. I spent some on some long sleeves/pants for me. Then bought some Minkee fabric for blankets (there was a going out of business sale), if you've never felt minkee, ooooh it's wonderful for snuggling in the winter. Then bought 2 suits for DS21 who has a career fair next week. We will have to put ourselves on a money diet soon (but not until after the trip!)

How was everyone else's weekend?

Oh, my eats have been horrible lately! Guess my appetite has already gone on vacation!

Also, when doing L&G today, I looked back at where I started in weights 3 yrs ago, and for the lunges I used 2 5lb dumbbells, I now use 12 lb dumbbells. Now that's PROGRESS! I just have to wonder if some of my girth in my booty is from increased muscle mass??????? A girl can dream....

Hi there! Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend! Lisa, I have been thinking about you and the fires, glad you aren't too near them, scary stuff. I bet you are so anxious to leave! Hope you have the best time, I love shopping for vacation! Murphy, how is the house stuff coming? Ronne, are you STILL in France? Have been doing my bike, therapy and upper body. I have lost 14 lbs since all this started! Maybe it is all the cardio? I hope it doesn't come back! I have cut out snacking, maybe that helped? Hope everyone has a good night! Talk to you tomorrow! Mary

Hello everyone!

Yes, I'm back! I've been back for over a week but what with back to work, school, exercise, I've just not been checking in!

France was fantastic (though it already feels like a long time ago). We had great weather, visited some lovely places and had the best ice-cream! We went to a stall that had 60 flavours, including candy floss, liquorice, bubble gum, etc. Lovely!

I have got back into the workouts, I worked my way through CTX last week as I hadn't touched it despite getting it a few months ago. As usual, it was a lot harder than I expected! Some of the cardio I found really tough, particularly 10 10 10 and the step and intervals one. This week I've started on Cathe's Sept rotation. I'll probably miss a couple of days here and there as it's difficult for me to fit 6 days in. Today I've got SB.

Anyway enough about me!

Lisa - I see you're getting very excited for your cruise. Is is the Alaska one this week? You can worry about the spending when you come back!

Mary - glad to hear the rehab is going well. You must be doing something right to lose all that weight!!

Murphy - hope the house move is progressing well and you've still got a full head of hair!
I'm reading a book at the moment that has a female character called Murph in it - she's very witty and acerbic and makes lots of puns!

Finally, a question for you all (from my book) I've realised that for years I've read US set books that have turnpikes in them. I know it's a kind of road but what is it? This book I'm reading has a very key scene set on one, and I realised that I don't actually know what one is!

Bye for now!

Hi everyone, I attempted Step Blast today. I was sucking air big time. I tried to think what it could be...smoke, low blood sugar, sore quads, up too early(excited for my alaska trip), low bp(because I took a bp pill last night because I think I forgot it that morning--need to take on work days and I had a headache and bp was high----well this morning now it was too low, so note to self, never take bp pill at night). I'm beginning to think it was all of those combined. So now I'm at work for my last day, it's sooooooo smokey. I think it's even in the building big time now. over 90 structures burned so far, 50+ being houses. It isn't too smokey where I live (30 mins, 20 miles away), but at work, it's half as far and down in a valley and I think all the smoke is just sitting here. I guess it's better than the winds blowing because then that doesn't help the fire fighters. Hoping for rain today but probably won't get it (although my headache seems to suggest rain). Fires are always a worry in the foothills of the mountains....nice place to live but one bad spark and poof, glad I don't live up there (plus can't afford it!)

Ronne, welcome back! France sounds divine! A turnpike is just a highway to me.

Mary, wow! 14 lbs?!?!?? what's your secret? did your measurements change or are your clothes looser? I've only done 1 turbofire and it was fun, Chalene is fun but her cueing is awful (especially compared to Cathe). When I get back I'd like to do a rotation with it.

Murphy, what's up with the house?

okay, just a quick stop in to say hello. I don't want to jinx anything so I am keeping quiet. Please say a prayer for me that I everything will be fine by Friday night. Murphy

Ronne - watcha' readin'? (Murphy is the female lead?)

Hi girls! Everyone is back! (except Kathryn, hello if you sneak a peak!) Ronne, so glad you had fun! We missed you! Is candy floss like cotton candy? I know here in Ohio, the turnpike is a freeway you have to pay to go on! Murphy, prayers are coming your way! When is the move out/move in day? Lisa, be careful with all that smoke, 2 days and you will be on your way! Where do you fly into? Today was the bike and bi's and tri's. Well, the weight loss is nice, but I did have to buy all new bras or stuff the ones I all ready had! I am going to have to invest in some new jeans, always a trial! I didn't think I was that big to begin with, well, I guess I was! Have a good night, I need to finish vacuuming! Mary

Hello everyone

Lisa - sorry to hear about all the fires near you. Hope you stay safe. I did Step Blast yesterday as well! Pretty sweaty by the end of it! I think I've got used to doing shorter cardio so going back to that is a bit of challenge.
Are you packed yet?! :eek:

Murphy - I'm keeping everything crossed. The book is A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore. Murph's the female lead's best friend. I just finished it yesterday, it was really good. I've read her short stories and really liked them.

Mary - yes, candy floss is the same thing, it's just what we call it here. In French, it's Barbe à papa, (daddy's beard!). Thanks for clarifying turnpike. This is turning into word of the day!

Today was KPC, my t-shirt was absolutely soaking by the end of it. (probably more info than you wanted to know :confused:!)

bye for now!

We hope to close on the sale tonight and the purchase tomorrow. Right now we are renting the new house. Please keep the prayers coming.

For my last workout, I did Muscle Max for a nice all around workout. My body, mind and soul are ready for this break! I'm mostly all packed, just doing a few things around the house today, in fact since the refrigerator is all bare I took the time to clean it out.

From what the news says, the fire is just a bit better, but so far 135 homes lost. I think this is now the most expensive fire ever and most homes lost ever.

Mary, I hope I don't find those 14 lbs you lost on my cruise!

Murphy, I expect to get back to you all settled in your new place you hang your hat.

Ronne, how much longer does DD have off of school? A while yet?

Later girls! See ya in a couple of weeks (hopefully not too much heavier, but I do plan to enjoy and partake in good food!)

Hi girls! It is almost Friday! Lisa, hope you guys have a ball! We will miss you! Take lots of pictures. Murphy, it is almost over!! When do you move? Ronne, is it still warm over there? Getting real fall like here, leaves are falling! Just did the bike today, intervals. Had to take DD to orthodontist, now have to hurry dinner, it is meet the teacher night! Don't know if I will make it back tomorrow, have PT right after work, then we have a night at the races. Hope everyone has a good weekend! Mary

Hi everyone

Well, I hope Lisa is now on her way having a great time!

Hope you have a good weekend too, Mary.

And everything is still crossed for you Murph! Will we get to see some pictures of the new place?

Today was L&G for me. I like that one because you don't do loads of barbell squats!

OK, the weekend starts here - now where's that beer?!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.