40s and over week of 5/11

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi ladies, getting the week started. I did M3Wk3 C/B....I'm getting a bit bored with this meso, good thing there is only a week. My lower back has been hurting too, just made an appt for a massage that I got as a Christmas gift (about time huh?). I'll be back with personals once I get caught up from last week....until then....

Kathryn, have you decided whether you are doing squat or plyo?

Ronne, I don't do the older videos either. I've only done Imax1 once, and MIC maybe once...not sure I even made it through...that one seems so frentic of a pace to me, plus I don't like Hi/Lo. I've tried to make myself do them again and ended up turning it off and putting in another dvd. I do Rhythmic Step though.

Mary, ^5 on the teardrop! Everytime I look at my legs I admire the muscles as they pop out.

Murphy, hope you are feeling better!

Vilma, hope you had a nice Mother's Day, mine was similar to your's. DH and I went out to eat Friday night. On sunday the boys were home but we didn't go out (too crowded for my taste), we had crab legs, yum. Both times I splurged on cake...whoops!

Have a great Monday everyone!

Hi Lisa and all the fabulous 40 Ladies :D

I did Lean Circuit 3 this morning and some cardio.

Tomorrow is my scheduled off day.

I had a nice Mother's Day - after hubby & older dd got home from work we went out for dinner . Surprisingly we didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes guess everyone went out earlier - we got there at a bit after 6pm.

Lisa Sorry to hear that your back has been bothering you. Is it STS that is making it bother you? Yup its about time you use that Christmas gift ;)

Well I just rec'd my birthday gift which is on Wednesday from DH - I finally have Turbo Jam and I have enough birthday $$ to order my own copy of Chalean Extreme :D

I have really enjoyed it and want to do another rotation with it around July - since the workouts are so short I don't mind getting my poor muscles quivering & shaking :)

Well Hope everyone is doing well.

Later.....

picture.php

HI All,

Today is plyo legs day. For some reason I dread the plyo days. There are only 4 but still.

Lisa - I too am ready for this cycle to be over. The dvd's/disc's time flies by but I am so tired of doing the same thing over and over. This is the same problem I have with the S & H series and Amy Bento's Slo-Mo challenge. I want to be done already. It does not help that I stretched it out by doing two leg workouts per week (ploy's and squat's).

Murphy

Vilma, Sounds like a nice mother's day! I'm not sure why my lower back is hurting. At first I thought it was the plyo's, but then it still hurt (achy) 5 days after and after my rest day, then right when I walked the dog this morning, bam, it started up again. I'm wondering if it's my worn out shoes I'm walking the dog in....normally I'll rotate the shoes I walk in depending on what workout I did earlier, but since I walk the dog before my workout now, I'm always grabbing the worn out shoes (that needs replaced). I'm going to replace them but have to wait until next month as the $$$ flew out the window this month with all the expenses (car and vet).

Murphy, Meso 3 is longer for me than normal because I repeated the first week trying to decide whether I wanted to do squat or plyo. I think the plyo's are fun but you have to have the energy! Also I don't think my body could take plyo every week, after 3 weeks it's almost telling me it's had enough already!

Hi ladies! Well, an awful sleeping night for me. Woke up STARVING, crammed 1/2 a protein bar in my mouth trying not to wake up too much, it didn't work, tossed and turned and then started thinking too much about what I had to do and then started a headache. Crazy me is still planning to do IMAX2 today and then mow the lawn. I must be a glutton for punishment. :p Maybe a nap will be in order this afternoon before my son's dr appt and getting dinner. Knowing my luck I won't get around to it.

So, how's everyone else? It's quiet so far this week!?!

Hi everyone

Lisa - you're talking to yourself! You need to get out more!!:p Good luck with Imax 2. It'll probably give you the lift you need. I've managed to lose my copy of it. I cleared a few lesser-used DVDs up into the loft before the work and now I can't find them!!!

Vilma - how nice you got an early birthday gift. Hope you enjoy spending it!

This is a flyby post. I did Butts today (that's B&G minus the G). I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow and I've got KPC scheduled! I spent some time this morning loading some house photos up on a website. We got our carpet laid yesterday and it is finally finished! It's official - the work is over! We've never had carpet downstairs in our house and it's lovely. So the plan tomorrow is to finally post some photos here! Got to dash to pick DD up from school.

Murphy - Hi! Sorry I missed you down there!

Bye for now!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say hello, have been packing and getting ready for vacation. It is hard to pack for 5! Have been doing some Jari and Leslie this week, I will be taking the week off when we are gone, I'm not good like Kathryn! (I think she said she works out on vacation.) Ronne, I am excited to see the pics of your house! I'll bet you are so excited to have it all done! Lisa, you have been talking to yourself a lot here! Are you glad to be almost done with STS? I get you with the not sleeping, I just bought some melatonin to try tonite, I hope it works, I am getting really frustrated about it all. Murphy, how was your plyo w/o? I'm glad I'm done with those for a while. Vilma, what great gifts! You will have fun with those. Where has Andrea been? Hi to you Kathryn. Have a good day. Hopefully will have time to come back tomorrow, if not , I'll talk to you all when we get back. Mary

Kathryn, have you decided whether you are doing squat or plyo?
Lisa, I did the squat option yesterday and really enjoyed it. I have the Valor stand (to put the barbell on) and I also have a pad for the bar, so that helps. I was able to do the squats and lunges with 80 lbs, and the deadlift (hard on my lower back) with 65.

Still, I'm going to give the plyo legs a try on Thursday to see how I like that. I think DH will prefer the squat to the plyo (although he doesn't love leg workouts in general).

Thanks for the advice!

I had a very glamorous Mother's Day:

We cleaned out DS's very messy, cluttered bedroom (also moved the furniture, vacuumed and cleaned the carpet).

Then I cleaned the gerbils' cage. Poor things -- it was just so smelly in there! I didn't want pets in the first place, but I don't want them to suffer, so I spent a hour laboriously taking apart their mansion, cleaning it, and putting it back together.

And to top it all of: Lots of laundry! :D

Okay, let's don't all be jealous at once! I'd be happy to share the fun if anybody wants to come visit!

Well, I've got to get back to work. (Oh, I did PowerStrike 5 and CoreMax abs today).

Bye!

I'm used to talking to myself! I do it all the time, DH comes upstairs and catches me and asks who I'm talking to, thankfully there is normally a dog or cat nearby so I tell him I'm talking to them (most of the time I am....they are such devoted listeners, they never interrupt!). :p

HI Everyone,

I powerwalked today and am so tired. ???? I guess the STS is catching up to me. I have to run, have lots of work to do. Catch you tomorrow.

Murph

I talk to myself all the time... I ask myself questions like, "Why did I come upstairs?" "What was I looking for in this cabinet?" "What was I just doing before I was interrupted." You know, stuff like that.

Anyhow, I did STS 20-something... (Meso 3, Week 1, tricep/bicep/shoulders). I really liked it and I'm enjoying the heavy weights, fewer reps exercises. Much less variety, but that's a good thing for me. It's a lot less complicated and easier to stay focused.

Speaking of focused, what was I supposed to be doing instead of hanging around here... oh, I know -- dinner!

Vilma, I think I saw a thread that said "Happy Birthday" to you, so have a very happy birthday!

Just finished my workout for today and decided to sit on here before the day gets away from me.

Kathryn
yes yesterday was my birthday so thank you for the well wishes. I had a wonderful birthday :)

You know I do the same thing about asking myself why I was in ____ (fill the space lol) allll the time! Oy!

Hope all are doing very well!

picture.php

Hi everyone! Today I did spinning for only 30 mins....just wasn't "feelin it'. Am a bit tired so decided I could take it easy on myself.

I had my massage yesterday, actually she did rolfing on me. It was interesting and my body feels pretty good. To get the full experience of rolfing you usually do many sessions (like 10) where they get your body all working together effectively and then you maintain that. I learned that my left ankle that was broke when I was a teenager (from doing step aerobics) could be contributing to my left hip tightness....she stretched it some and you know what? My hip feels a little loser today! Them my left neck pain I always get is probably from old scar tissue from a car accident when I was 5 where I went through a windshield...lots of blood I remember that. Anyway she worked that area and I was a bit sore but today it feels real good. If I had the money, I'd sign up for these rolfing sessions, but since I don't, well, no use crying over spilt mile, right?

Vilma, happy belated birthday!

Murphy, I feel the same way about being tired, I feel like I need a break but on my rest weeks i've been doing cardio so maybe not enough of a break? I'm scared to slack off more....now if I was going to Disney, heck yea, I'd slack off, no problem!

Kathryn, I was going to say something but can't remember now. :p These episodes are occuring more frequently!

Hello Mary, yea, I'm Jonesing for Disney the more you and Kathryn talk about it....Maybe I'm just wanting a break?

Hi Ronne and Andrea (who is MIA).

Later!

Hi everyone

Sorry, another quick posting here. I don't know where the week's gone! I just did 4DS HIS and Stretch Max 1 which I really liked. I'm going away with a friend for the weekend this pm. We're going to a country house hotel, bit of culture, shopping, wandering and eating and drinking. Oh and lots of talking! Hope everyone has a good one. See you all on Monday!

Hi all, Very quick fly by post.

I too must join the talk to my self brigade. I do it all the time and I do it at work as well! At least we are "aware" we are doing it.:D To be honest, I've never grown out of talking to myself.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (belated) VILMA!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.