40's are not turkeys!

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi girls! I just wanted to start the thread for the week...how about that title? Not sure I'll get a w/o in today, I'm baby sitting! Or should I say dog sitting :) Feels good for the kids to ask me to take care of their dog....kinda preparing for the future, ya know?

I made quite a haul at Lush yesterday. My skin feels sooooo good, haven't tried the hair stuff. I can't believe I never knew about this store, maybe this winter I won't have such awful cuticles!

Good Morning,

Today for me is CLX Burn Intervals and stretching and then I am caught up on workouts. DH and I are going shopping for stuff to make pies to take to MILs for Thanksgiving. Our team is no longer undefeated so they won't be ranked #1 this week.

Lisa-I love the title and it sounds like that store would be dangerous.

Hi girls! Today did YR, needed a stretch. Lisa, I love that store! It's on the east side here, bit of a drive, always smells so good! Roxie, sorry about the football. You did get to hold that baby tho, right? Jody, short school week! Yay! Ronne, how you feeling? Hi Murphy! Today is a Costco visit, we are out of everything! Had fun last night, we won a basket with gift cards to Appplebee's, Olive Garden, Red Robin, and full of chips, popcorn, and pretzels. Won't have to buy snacks for a while! Have a good day! Mary

I ended up doing MM and then walked the dog for about 4.5 miles. I'm tired, wish the dog was!

Mary's buying dinner, party at her house!

Roxie, what kind of pie do you make besides pumpkin?

Good Evening,

No workout for me today just a lazy day.

Lisa-I don't bake pies dh does and he made coconut and banana for us and then this week he will make pumpkin to take to his moms.

Mary-I didn't get to hold gs to much he was tired and cranky so I gave him back to his mom because she had the rocking chair.

Roxie, it's nice being able to give them back, huh? I think my granddog is starting to like me better than her mom :) But I was happy when they came to pick her up....I think I've got my dog fix for a while. I do enjoy the freedom of not being tied down.

No w/o for me....yet, maybe I'll do one tonight, not sure. I'm just so dog tired...hee hee, get it dog tired from that dog sitting yesterday? I know I won't get a w/o in Tues morning as I'm meeting a fellow hair junkie that's in my internet group. She's getting a deva cut (special for curlies), and I get to see if it's soemthing I want to do....it's a bit pricey, but it's been 8 mths since I got my hair cut so I deserve it....if it will work for me. Working today and then decided to take the rest of the week off. High 60's here....hopefully not as much wind as yesterday....I really hate the wind.

Good Morning,

I can't remember the last time I got a good nights sleep but its really starting to suck. Tonite for me is CLX Push Circuit 1 and some cardio and abs.

Lisa-sounds like a fun time.

Hi girls! Today did Tonique, don't know why I felt like punishing myself! Lisa, I know the deva curl products, what is a deval curl cut? Awesome to be off the rest of the week! Roxie, I'm sure the stress of everything isn't letting you sleep. I am thinking of you, wish I could somehow fix it all. Jody, are you with your mom? What is going on with you? Hi to Murphy and Ronne, if you are out there! Cleaning today, also have to get to the store for some stuff for the holiday, I'm in charge of appetizers! My favorite part! Have a good day! Mary

I did a run this aft, first time for awhile to workout. Journey of a thousand miles begins with one step and that first one is a toughie sometimes. Clinicals tomorrow, class Wed. Roxie, what is hubs gonna do? I didn't realize the company was kaput. So sorry about all of that. Ronne and Murph, what is up w/ yall? Lisa, enjoy the dog walks without the dog hair and poopy scooping. Mary, do your students have a college employee instructor on site with them during clins?
Happy prep for holiday all.

Jody, I'm the college employee instructor! I work for the college and I'm a nurse. I did the hospital thing for about 16 years, oncology (not long, only 2 yrs, too depressing) then I went to the ER, when I had my 3rd baby, I needed something less stringent,. This has been perfect, no weekend, no holidays. If I want I can do summers and the retirement is good. I have to work tues and wed this week too, so glad it's a short week! Hi to everyone else! Mary

Good Evening,

Tonite I did CLX Push Circuit 1 and 1.41 miles on the TM.

Jody-thank you, it looks like the company and the union are going to mediation but I don't know why all the warehouses are empty and the employees are filing unemployment. I don't know what dh plans on doing now he doesn't share.

Lisa-it is nice to give the baby back if he is fussy.

Mary, that is what I was trying to clarify. Almost all of our hospital clinical instruction is shadowing a hospital employee. A hundred yrs ago, in my extinct program, we had clinical instructors on site full time to practice the "right way", at least initially.
I have my issues, as always, but overall am at a good site. But some of my classmates don't seem to have it so good and also don't have a frame of reference. (The student with the sleeping on the job therapist thought his preceptor was otherwise great compared to the time when the therapists totally ditched them and openly complained about having them around) It just seems like a wonky system, but I guess its the way things are done?

Roxie--lack of communication adds stress, hugs! But I guess he is ultimately the one who can make things happen and has to make the decisions that work for him. Still, big fat bummer. Best wishes on how it all turns out. I am just applying for whatever I can at this point for jobs since my clinical sched is going to mess up my time at the college so I need to shift to weekend work and more of it asap.

I'm afraid there is going to be no w/o again today :( My plans with my hair friend changed and I went yesterday with her to her appt. So I'm working today and 1/2 day tomorrow, slept in late, yea, no time for a w/o. I scheduled me a cut/style on Friday. I feel ok with the stylist, still not sure that the cut will make that big a difference for the $ but I feel at 8 mths I do need a trim up.

Mary, a deva cut is where they cut it dry. That way they can cut each curl where it will lay for the best shape. Then they style it and dry and see if there are any touchups (any type of cut should do this part but I don't think they do). I asked the stylist if she thought I would benefit (I have such a little amount of hair), and she thought there wasn't much cutting that needed done as she liked the length (I do too, that's why I've been resistant to cutting), but pointed out areas on the sides (exactly where I had been thinking), and I asked her about getting lift on the top...since it is longer is it pulling it down too much and did it need cut (most stylists say thin, fine hair need to be shorter for lift), she thought it was more a styling issue and she would show me).

Roxie, I think I saw where your DH company still possibly may be not going bankrupt (or something like that), I hope it works out for you and DH. Are you one of the ones that put a twinkie up on ebay for $5000? lol

Jody, you do sound busy these days. I bet if you keep your eats in order, the missing of some w/o's won't hurt too much.

Now then, where is Ronne and Murphy?

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is some kind of cardio and abs. Dr. refilled my sleeping pills so I took one last night but still didn't get a full nights sleep.

Lisa-no but I have a pool table full of powdered donuts and cookies. I don't understand why any of this mediation stuff wasn't tried before they announced they were closing and they want the court to allow them to pay 17.6 million dollars in bonuses to management in the liquidation process are you kidding me you went broke why do they need a bonus. I forgot to add DH doesn't think he wants to go back to work for them they have already lost contracts due to all this.

Last edited:
Good Afternoon,

I am so depressed right now its really quite here at work the boss lady is sick and the boss man went home to help her get ready for company so its just me and my thoughts and I don't want to think right now it makes me sick to my stomach. Sorry for the pity party.

Oh, Roxie, I'm so sorry, say prayers for you and your family. Today I did GS C&T, burning! Lisa, you are off the rest of the week? How is DH feeling/hearing? Jody, how was clinicals? Sometimes it is hard when there isn't a specific instructor for clinicals. People at the hospital can be overworked, some just aren't into teaching at all and some get a little resentful that they aren't being compensated. Hi Ronne and Murphy. Lots of running today, one to work, one to basketball and the other to academic team. They are so excited to be off! Everyone gets to play together tomorrow, but me! I will be off after that. Have a good night! Mary

Some background. The hair friend (we'll call her Tara) ended up with a scraggly layer on her longest layer in the back, she ended up going back and getting it cut shorter to make that last layer full. She ended up losing a lot of length when she specifically asked for the length to stay. That's what worries me as I've worked hard to get to this length. I had made an appt with the deva stylist on Friday to get a cut. Well, now that Tara got a straggly layer I'm a little scared now. I already have a straggly long layer, that's what I've been trying to grow out to then get it cut so it's fuller.

The stylist showed us how to get fullness at the top (and I think I got quite a bit now) with styling. So now I'm not sure I really need a cut especially if I'm worried that it will end up straggly (the thing I've been trying to grow and get fixed someday).

The pictures are from this morning, I hadn't washed it after sleeping on it, I only wet it a bit and clipped up the top and diffused. So, it's not even the best I can get. I just wanted to see if I could get a big lift at the top (mission accomplished). The fact it looked this good for not doing much makes me question spending the $ on a cut that may ruin it.

I already have an appt in March for a girl who I know will cut it how I now know I want even though she's not a deva stylist. I'm not sure a dry (deva) cut is really all that important for my type of hair.

So, now with all that info, should I go ahead and get it deva cut friday or should I wait until March, go to my normal person and this time tell them to cut a fuller longest layer?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.