40s - nobody likes us and we don't care!!

Ronne

Cathlete
Hey everyone

Thought I'd kickstart the week for us. This is going to be really quick as I've got a heck of a week ahead of me. I'm off to London again tomorrow for 2 days of meetings this time (staying over with a friend) and then I'm back in again on Thursday (for pleasure this time) to go to Wimbledon for the day.

So, I need to print all my stuff off for the meeting, pick up DD from school, take her swimming and then get packing.

Hope everyone has a great week and I'll be back later on in the week ;)

(apologies for lack of personals - will catch up with everyone later!)

Ronne you are a hoot with the thread title!

Enjoy London - I really miss that city since we lived in Oxfordshire we used to enjoy shopping there. My older two were born there and we really need to get back to show them the area.

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile...life just gets so busy and with the lack of pc time now that the kids are on summer holiday I usually just do a quick post over on FaceBook instead. Waves to Lisa :D

Hope all are doing as well as can be.

I am done with CLX and I am sad to put it away for a bit but I still enjoy the ab work and intervals from it.
I'm thinking I'll be back for my 2nd round of CLX around August.

I'll be doing some Squeeze Stronger, kbells and more running.

Today I have to decide between CCv5 or V7 --I so love v7 that if I don't think about it I'll automatically do that one lol.

Have a wonderful Monday Ladies!

picture.php

Okay Ronne, Wimbledon? And you say your life isn't exciting?! I have a t-ball game to go watch tonite. Not the same tho! Hope that you have a great time! We are off this weekend, rented a house with family for a week on the beach. The kids are excited! Weather is beautiful here, maybe a picnic today! Just did a little cardio have to plan the week before we leave. Hi to all that follow! Have a good day. Mary

Hi everyone! Today I did kettlebell way - Providence....I think I've lost some endurance as I was wiped out, either that or from my lack of sleep last night. Maddy had a urine leak, she felt so bad and I wonder if she's had a couple others (I just caught her sniffing at her spot where she must have leaked because I heard her gagging trying to "lick it up"). Poor thing! We can't increase her hormones anymore because those have other side effects. I'm thinking she must have drank a lot last night as the water bowl was low (I don't think my cat drink that much unless SHE has kidney issues now...ARG). I think with Maui's kidney issues AND the hot weather we are getting that is adding to make her drink more. I don't really care about the carpet, I just feel so bad for her as she was all sulking like she knew she was bad, and she wasn't bad, she's just sick and old. Then I couldn't get back to sleep, had myself a pity party in the middle of the night knowing what the end of the story is and hoping we don't get there too fast. :( I think my own hormones are making me weepy as well...us poor girls, I bet DH is glad he's in Chicago this week. :p

Ronne, great start to the thread! Wimbleton sounds divine! That's the one tennis tournament I always seem to watch.

Vilma, FB is great, isn't it? You really seem to like those CLX and Squeeze workouts! Sadly I've not been doing CC very much and my running endurance has decreased...I just don't have the energy to do more than 30-40 min runs anymore. :(

Mary, a beach house sounds great too, ah, maybe I'm just a bit wistful at all the vacations going on (yea, I know we had our skiing ones).

Well, I better get going on some housework, seems it never ends. I'll try not to have another pity party but feeling blue today, maybe I'll indulge and take me a nap. :D

Hi everyone

Straight into personals.

Ronne - Wimbledon!!! I love the tennis and I love wimbledon! Lucky girl. i am green with envy:mad:- ok so this little mans red, pretend its green.

Lisa - We got a new puppy for 4yo child. Its tooo tooo too cute and I can't stop cuddling it. A staffy/Jack russell cross. people with problem kidneys need to drink a lot of water so I'd assume its no different for dogs, hang in there. Maddy is fortunate to have your love.

Mary - You are funny! I laughed so much at your Tball/Wimbledon comment.

Vilma - good to see you. I've started taking Bootcamp classes adn over the weekend I CLX'd intervals. I couldn't believe how easy I found it! Not the weight side, but the cardio was easy. I couldn't believe it! I used to find it very challenging. Im so pleased my cardios improving -at long last.

Hello! Let me start off by saying ... IT'S HOT ! We went from 70s straight up to the 90s! I did LM pm 4-7, trying to save my knees and I didn't feel like spinning (too hot to put my spin outfit on that has the padded shorts)....and I exercise in the basement!

Maddy and I are doing well but my hormones are still acting up, didn't sleep last night (was hot trying to figure the best temp for the AC), maddy was hot but I didn't want her sleeping outside like she normally does in the summer because of possible mosquitos and I need to get her more heartworm medicine from vet....that kinda snuck up on me.

My DS (20 yr) came by yesterday, wants to buy a new car! i'm so irritated, it's ALL because his GF just bought a new one with her settlement from teh car accident she was in last summer, that and ALL her family keeps getting new cars EVERY year! I don't beleive in getting a new car so often --- we run our cars until they are well used --- at least 10 - 12 yrs. How does a kid who only works part time at blockbuster THINK he can afford a NEW, not very cheap car? So, I obliged, went to the dealership, explained about ins., car tags, what he would have to come up with over and above what we have agreed to pay for him while in school, THEN he has the audacity to ask why we can't pay more for his ins since we pay more for our other son's ins. Uh, we did pay more for you when you were his age.

Enough of that, hopefully he gets it now. This GF family really pisses me off with the influence they have over him. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer to co-sign the loan for him....I will be really pissed if they do that....hopefully they won't, they've crossed me once and I called them on it and that was a small thing compared to this.

Oh, I said enough of that, ah, well onto some personals.

Andrea, how sweet a puppy, you will have to post pics! I think you are finding the cardio endurance that I lost! :)

Mary, i got a good chuckle out of your comparison too, and I needed it?

Ronne, maybe you can get a better deal on VWs over there? :)

Vilma, how did CC go?

Where are our newbies? Tricia and Michelle?

Have a good day all !

Hi girls! How are you? The weather is so beautiful here! Summer has arrived! Taking the dog, Wheezy, to get groomed, she is becoming miserable with the heat, she will be getting her summer haircut. She'll be naked for a while! Then I think we will go to the pool. Be a bad girl and get a little sun. Lisa, sorry about your son, I remember when I got my first new car, talk about shock! I had no idea how much things cost and how much was involved. Sometimes, I still wish my parents financed my life! Andrea, we have to see the new puppy! Boy? Girl? Name? Hope you are all having fun with your new addition. Vilma, you lived in London? How did you end up over here? I love to hear people's stories. Always so fascinating? Did you see some results with CLX? Ronne, have fun at Wimbledon tomorrow! I have another t-ball game, I will be sitting in the front row! Murphy, where are you? Back with Cathe? Kathryn, we miss you something fierce! Hi to you new people. Where are you? Have a good day all. Mary

Hi to all,

I have been out lately b/c I was sick (yes, again) and then my 4 yr old got it and now my 18 month old is starting to get a fever. That will mean that I have been out of the office for a week, off and on. I have not been able to do anything but walk. I tried to exercise while the 4 yr old was sleeping but she woke up - how do they know when you are trying to do something for yourself???? Anyway, she was so clingy I could barely go to the bathroom. On the plus side, I did not get a chance to snack out of boredom.

Murphy

Hi everyone!

Mary - CLX results. I was much stronger and I've managed to maintain that. I did not see weight loss. Its good fun and if you use really heavy weights as Chalean tells you to do, its a great workout.

I've a terrible toothache and no time to get to the dentist! I had better make some time, as the weekend is looming and these things always get waaay worse when theres no dentists open.

Ive got to get moving for an early bootcamp.

Hi everyone, quick post for me, I still didn't sleep well last night, I know it's teh peri-menopause hormone issue. :mad: I managed LIC total body sculpting premix.

Kudos to you Andrea for getting up early for a bootcamp session....those are a lot of work. What kind of work do you think you will need on your tooth?
Anymore puppy details?

Mary, WOW, front row seats! Lucky you. :p

I guess our newbies decided they actually didn't like us. :p :D:(:confused:

Hey, no one is here?! Don't we even like ourselves?! Anyway, quick hello to all, we are leaving tomorrow, hope everyone has a great holiday and I'll "see" you all after we get back. Mary

I'm baaaaack!

Hello, everybody! Sorry for neglecting you for so long! Summer hasn't been great up to this point, but I hauled myself into the doctor yesterday and found out why I've been feeling so awful: Another sinus infection! :mad: So I'm back on antibiotics and hoping to feel more optimistic and energetic soon. It's been tough -- I've been dragging myself around and trying to get through each day. Murphy, I know how you feel. Sick again -- I can't believe it! We deserve a break!

So how is everybody? Disney was fun -- it rained every day. We went to CT for my mother's 70th birthday and it rained there, too. Apparently the Northeast is getting record-breaking amounts of rain.

Lisa, how is Maddy doing? I hope she's hanging in there. It's really tough. We lost another gerbil recently -- the poor thing died in my hands. :( I don't know what was wrong with her, but she went very quickly. DD was so upset and we buried her next to the other one. I told DH that I don't want any more because I can't take the high mortality rate!

Ronne, you're at Wimbeldon? I used to work at Golf Digest/Tennis magazines (they were owned by the same company and located in the same building). I saw Arthur Ashe in the office once. He was very thin at the time and I think he died shortly afterward.

Mary: I wish I could send some of my bills to my parents too! Our business is way, way down this year and it's so stressful. On the bright side: I won't have to pay much in taxes, since we're not making any money. :rolleyes:

Hi, Andrea! A puppy is such a commitment. I've managed to keep DD happy with gerbils (when they're not dying on us), but it's not the same thing. I hope things are going well for you.

Hi, Vilma! I hope you're doing well!

Well, I've got to go make breakfast. Sorry I've been away so long. I've just been so blue :( , stressed :mad:, and sick lately!

Have a great weekend, all!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.