40's for fall - week 10/18/2010

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi girls, another new week :) Sat-I did STS Meso3 CH/Back (still got some DOMS today from it--I went really heavy ---70 lbs bench press), Sun- was a bit tired so I did KPC premix punching/block --- it's basically warm=up and last bit of kicking/punching combos (so no intensity) and then the ab part which I sorely needed --- still feeling it in my abs). Today I ran 4.5 miles even though I woke up with a slight headache and still have it and getting worse. A front (and rain) will be moving through so I think that is why, ugh.

Weekend seemed to fly by. DH and I WAS going to hang out Fri night in Boulder, but turns out DS18 came home for fall break, so I felt we should get home --- told him that next time to let us know ahead of time! Then he also brought LOTS of laundry, so I also did laundry-max :)

Then Sunday DS18 gave me his old iPhone so I've been setting that up and then getting free audiobooks downloaded from our library to listen as I drive into work. So lots of computer stuff and now here I am at work having to do more computer stuff (albiet less interesting). I feel like I didn't get a weekend :)

Hi everyone

Lisa - so you got your phone problem sorted out and for free! Nice!
Don't your kids realise that you might have your own social life?! ;)
Hope the headache is clearing.

No workouts for me this weekend. Yesterday I did KCM's Circuit Burn 2 and today was Body Training. All of a sudden work is starting to take off again so I'm glad I'm only doing 30 mins a day. It looks like November is going to be crazy, which is good because at least I'll have money for Christmas (sorry, didn't mean to mention the C word yet!! :D)

Murph - are you buried under a pile of boxes? Hope everything's OK!

See you tomorrow!

Hi Ronne, hopefully others will join this week...wonder where Mary is and where has Murphy been? That's great that work is ramping up, it's always nice to have extra dollars....or is that euros in your case :) A girl at work found some flights to London for only $268....made me almost think about going :)

I did Circuit Blast today, got to work early and it's slow.....so far. Headache FINALLY let up after it started getting cooler (ie. once the front moved through) and a little rain fell. I hate those kind of headaches!

Hi all. Ronne, you are too funny - buried under boxes! :) No, I hurt my back doing too much. I got tired of waiting for DH to do a few things (move some boxes) and I decided to do it myself and hurt my back. I am better now. Yesterday morning, I was getting ready to exercise and DH decides he wants to talk - what, now? Yesterday evening, I am getting ready to exercise and the kids want to play (get on my back during push-ups, lay on me during ab work, use the step while I am using it, try to pick-up the weights, hang on the power tower...). I don't know what DH was doing but I know what he was not doing, watching the kids so I could exercise! This morning I am ready to exercise and DH has put all of his unpacked boxes everywhere. He was looking for something and moved a bunch of boxes to the space I cleared for exercise. Okay, this must be a sign - maybe I should just get a carton of ice cream and stop trying to exercise.

Murphy

Hi girls! Time ran away from yesterday! Did PLB yesterday, today was kick box from CTX, kept my kicks low, it was fun tho! Murphy, your post gave me a good chuckle! Lisa, go to London, visit Ronne and have fun! I will live vicariously through you! Have fun with your phone! Ronne, a curse on you for bring up the holidays! I haven't thought that far yet! Just started thinking about Halloween! Hope everyone has a good night, talk to you tomorrow. Mary

Okay, mild distractions this morning. I was able to do BC and my oh my... I could not finish all 12 of the drills. I did some serious modifying. It felt good to be back. It also feels good to have the sound on and up. I used to have to keep it low so I would not wake the kids but now I can turn it up and enjoy. Yeah me. Funny, who would think hearing Cathe's voice at 5 am would make someone happy? :)

Today was TF EZ 55 --- Murphy, I always have to have the sound up to get me to mooooove it! Yesterday, I was a bit bored at work, I had just bought me some Bose headphones, I cranked up some music and fiddle at the computer (I had to ask the guy next to me to make sure he couldn't hear the sound coming out of the headphones :) He didn't, then I had to make sure not to dance in my chair :)

Mary, I haven't started thinking about any holidays....the only thing I've thougth of is that again I don't feel like decorating for Christmas....maybe it's because the kids are grown, or else it's because I'm whipped by the end of the week. I can fall asleep for a nap at the drop of a hat these days....sometimes I wonder about my thyroid, will see what dr says tomorrow....oh joy, I have that appt to go to.

Gotta get back to work (headache again, sigh)

Hi girls

Late check in for me today. Now the work's piling in I've got to do some evenings again!
Today I did KCM's Bootcamp Cardio Premix. It was tough! I was glad when the 30 mins was up.

Murph - glad to see you out from under those boxes :p! Sorry to hear about your back but it sounds like you're on the mend now. Well done for getting a workout in without any interference (even if it had to be at 5am, yikes!!) Welcome back to the world of sweat and DOMS! :D

Lisa - that is cheap for flights to London. It's still pounds here you know! I paid about £165 for a flight to New York about 8 years ago, so that's good!
So, what music is making you bounce in your chair?! :)

Mary - Sorry! I won't mention it again till December I promise! I like that CTX kickbox, it's short and sweet isn't it. Those split jumps take it out of you though!

Well, better get on with some work!

Hi everyone! I think today will be PH, have to go and pick kids up soon. Lisa, share what is on your I-pod! I like a lot of fun dance music. I love the Black Eyed Peas! Ronne, you can talk about Christmas all you want! Just don' t make me start shopping yet! Murphy, 5 in the morning!? What time do you get up? Do you eat before you w/o? Well, have to go start picking up children! Have a good evening, Mary

The alarm goes off at 4:30. The 2nd alarm goes off at 4:45. I don't eat unless I am hungry. Otherwise, I just drink some water and get right into it. I eat afterwards (sometimes) and it usually something light -toast with peanut butter and honey and/or a banana. It is the only time of the day I have to myself.

Hi there

Murph - you have my complete admiration! I could NOT do that ;).

Mary - how was PH? That's what the new High Reps is supposed to be like isn't it?

Well no workout for me today, I just didn't have time. It's also my birthday so I'm not going to feel guilty! Quiet night in tonight, we're having a bottle of bubbly. Then tomorrow evening, the three of us are going to a really nice fish restaurant where I suspect we'll be having chocolate fondue!! :D

See you all tomorrow!

Hi ladies! Today I was hoping to sleep in, but instead woke up at 5:15, so I did TF HIIT 20 min and 10 min abs. These are feeling easier the second time around. Had my dr appt and now have to go get a blood test. She said since my sister is low thyroid and with me being so tired and with the significant weight gain in the last 2 yrs that she wants to check it. (She said significant weight gain before I even brought up that I can't seem to get down to where I was before). Maybe with the absent cycles too (I swear I feel too young to not have a cycle in 4 months even though Mary's been the same, especially since my sister went well into her 50s). I sure hope it's something so that I can feel better, I'm tired of being tired. I know you would never think it given my workouts but the fact that I can nap at the drop of a hat these days (even with 8 hrs sleep) when I never ever used to nap tells me something is up, maybe it's stress, who knows but at least I've checked it out.

Ronne, HaPpY bIrThDaY !!!!!! How much better could it get? bubbly AND chocolate fondue? I finally previewed the clips of Cathes last weekend and well one of them (can't remember the name --- again, my short term memory is SHOT these days--yea, dr. made note of that too), looks Insane!

Murphy, I tried to not eat but got too low energy and shaky, so I started having a bit of a protein bar (and my 2 cups of coffee)....sometimes that coffee goes right through and jumping makes it more so! Then steel cut oats with choc protein powder afterward. I have my alarm set for 5:30 but most times I'm up before it (and with a good 7.5 hrs of sleep). I like that early morning time to myself too! The dr. was very impressed with my workouts ( 5 mile runs, jumping like a crazy woman with these workouts and said my heart was very conditioned). Ah, the heart of a runner and the hormones of an old lady! :)

Mary, I like Blackeyed peas too. I'll write some in a bit on my playlist. There are a couple of websites DS18 showed me and one I found using the first website below:
1. www.stumbleupon.com --- you sign up for your interests and you hit the stumble button and it takes you to a website that matches your interests. I've found quite a few interesting sites I would normally not have found. You need to try it!
2. www.music-map.com --- DS "stumbledupon" this... put in an artist and it shows other artists that are similar in music...good way to find other singers/bands
3. www.musicovery.com --- I "stumbledupon" this.....put in an artist and it builds a playlist of like artists (I was listening to this one day at work). Also can set a "mood" and it plays music to that mood....I haven't been very successful with that part, but I have't used it too much.

Off to do a bit of work and then I'll be back with some of my currently favorite grooving songs.

The Story - Brandi Carlile -- not grooving music, but I love the words
Carrie Underwood - Just a Dream (for words), Last Name, I Told you so (for words),Cowboy Cassanova,
Undo It, Play On (for words)
John Mayer -- when I'm mellow mood -- Heartbreak Warfare, Half of my Heart, Waiting on the World to Change (my phone's ring tone), dreaming with a broken heart, I'm gonna find another you
Enrique Iglesias - I Like IT --- ooooh boy, LOVE this song -- it's my phone's second ring tone
Right Round - flo Rida --- my kids couldn't believe I liked this song
katy Perry - teenage Dream (I can dream I'm a teenager, right?), California Girls
Lady gaga - just Dance
Miley Cyrus - Fly on the Wall --- always makes me move
Rascal Flats - What hurts the most (mellow), here comes goodbye
Train - Hey Soul Sister
Trace Atkins - Your gonna miss this (mellow)
Blackeyed Peas - Boom, boom, pow - my alarm on my phone--- wish I'd quit waking up before the alarm so I can listen to it.
Big&Rich - Save a horse, ride a cowboy
Nickelback- This Afternoon
Garth Brooks - Just Dance --- mine and Maddy's song

So those are some of my songs on my playlist, what are some of yours?

Hi girls! Just did the bike and intervals today. Also, the floor, wash, vacuuming ,etc.! Ronne, Happy Birthday! Have fun! I love champagne, really like Asti too! Murphy, you are amazing! What time do you go to bed? If I got up that early, I would have to be in bed by 7:30! Lisa, seems like we have the same taste in music. Thyroid can wreck havoc. I go for my app't after Halloween, I will let you know what she says about my missing cycles. Won't be aroung tomorrow, we are going to Kalahari for the weekend, will be nice to hang out with the kids without the regular distractions. Talk to you all on Mon. Have a great weekend! Mary

Hi all

Lisa - well, at least it's good that the doctor's looking into it. I hope you get some good news (whatever that could be!). It will be good to find out if there's something behind all this. How depressing that she brought weight gain up. If you'd had the energy I'm sure you could have thrown a few jabs :p!

Mary - hope you have a good weekend away. What's Kalahari?

I had an interview this morning for a new freelance project. Keeping my fingers crossed for it. When I got back I just didn't feel like exercising so didn't bother. Can't remember the last time I deliberately missed two days on the trot. I'm determined not to feel guilty about it!
DH & DD are away this weekend so I'm going to get some work in (and some workouts!). Also planning to do bit of shopping to refresh my wardrobe.

Have a good one, everyone!

Hi everyone! Today I only did TF Core for 20 min, I was up uber early (3:30am) with a headache and was hoping to go back to sleep...not, so I just did a little workout and headed out to get my blood drawn before work.

Ronne, don't feel guilty, at all ! I hope the freelance project works out, sounds like you are spending the money before you make it :p. I decided to go shopping this weekend too (with my sister) but will see what I find. I know I want some more sketcher shoes.

HAve a great weekend everyone! I hope to get some sleep!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.