40s eh? Week of 9/20

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi girls finally got to some reliable free wifi. Oh my way too much food and no formal exercise lots of waking though. Can't wait to tell you all about it later. Murphy glad to hear you got moved in bet you are glad that's behind you. May didn't you have a birthday? Ronne happy anniversary. Soon I'll be home and have to get on a schedule and back on the workout wagon. I'll try to get back here soon

Lisa, you are amazing to start us on your vacation! When do you come back? Hope you are having a great time! I am still younger than you, but only until Friday! Just did the bike this weekend, have to go get some upper body in soon! Hope that everyone had a good weekend, Murphy, how is the house coming? Ronne, what did you do fun? Talk to you all tomorrow! I need to tidy up this house before my work week starts. Mary

I'm HOME!!!! I had grand plans to exercise this morning but I feel beat and overwhelmed by all I have to do before work tomorrow. I gained about 4 lbs. We got in last night and it was after midnight before I got to sleep. Yoshi kept me up, she missed us. She even jumped in the bed to sleep with us (she hasn't done than in a year and never on a regular basis). I had to make sure to hear her to help her down from the bed so she wouldn't hurt herself with her arthritis. I ended getting up because at 5:30 all she could do was meow (loudly), so I thought I'd let DH sleep. She's now sitting next to me on the couch. I'm hoping for a nap later :)

I'll write more about the trip later once I feel less overwhelmed by everything needing done. And hopefully I"ll be reporting in that I worked out tomorrow, because I NEED TO get these lbs off. I'm thinking 4 lbs isn't bad given that I whatever/whenever I wanted and no formal exercise (but lots of walking!)

Hi everyone

Lisa - welcome back. Can't wait to hear more details about the trip (and some photos?). I bet you saw some amazing places. Hope work isn't too overwhelming tomorrow :(

Mary - do you have any plans for your birthday?

We had quite a lazy weekend for a change. No people to see or places to go. I didn't get my planned workout in on Sat because I was just too tired! But I'm back in the rotation now. Yesterday was Boxing and today was GS legs. I haven't done that one in ages, the floorwork is a killer! I suspect I'll be feeling it tomorrow!

Got to do a bit of gardening this afternoon while DD has a friend round to play. See you all tomorrow.

okay, only walking right now and I can see the difference. The clothes still fit but they don't look the same. That has inspired me to move DH's crap out of the way and set up the exercise area. I realized I could use the computer to play dvd's - don't know why I did not think of it before.

Lisa - glad you had a great time. 4lbs-ish is not too bad, I have done worse - and not on a cruise! :)

Mary - happy early birthday!

Ronne - just wanted to say hi!

Murphy

Hi all

Lisa - sorry but I'm the last person on the planet not on Facebook!! Something about if everyone else is doing something then I am definitely not ;).

Murph - you'll be sweating along with us again soon. Good thinking on the computer! Mine wouldn't play DVDs though, just DVD Roms. You can get some stuff streamed if that doesn't work for you.

Today was MMA KB. I really wish those push-up things came at the beginning of the core work instead of the end. It's annoying pushing my heart rate up just before I'm about to cool down :confused:.
I got some puzzle mats last week which I've put down under our new rug to protect the carpet. Now I just roll the rug out of the way and I'm ready to go. I've stopped using my yoga mat as I can cool down/do abs etc. on the puzzle mats. They're great, I wish I'd got some ages ago!

OK, here are some of the highlights of my trip. We had a good time, although we were the youngest on the cruise!

1st 2 days of cruise, was on boat looking at glaciers. It was interesting hearing the calving (ice breaking off) and then seeing it. After a while though, we got a bit tired of seeing glaciers :)

3rd day was Skagway --- we rock climbed here. We were the oldest in that group of 10 :) I was SO sore the next day! severe DOMS in my upper body. I climbed and rappelled a 75 ft rock wall. Afterwards we went to the boat's hot tub and swam in the pool and sunbathed. We had great weather --- NO RAIN-- 65-68 degrees

4th day juneau -- whale watching--- saw some but didn't get many pics...they are too fast and my camera too slow. I wasn't feeling all that good, was just tired and sore from climbing

5th day ketchican - just looked at the town here....was amazed at all the dead salmon in the river. Guess they had sooooo many. Went back to boat and took a 4.5 hr nap....felt MUCH better after that!

We enjoyed the shows on the cruise. We also found a waitress we really liked so requested her every night and based on her recommendations we tried foods we never would have tried (and wasn't disappointed either). We had some kind of goat cheese appetizer, and a chicken, mushroom, sweetbreads appetizer we never would have tried. Just the thought of sweetbreads had me questioning her---and she was funny as I picked through it to make sure there wasn't anything weird in it. She felt like an old friend. She also had us drinking shots of vodka with lemon. OMG, for not very big drinkers I told her she was trying to kill us....LOL. We also took the free dance classes (hurray for DH for doing it with me)...we did Rhumba, swing, cha-cha, and line dancing.

Once we got to Vancouver, we got rain. It was hard trying to decide what to eat since I had been told what to have for the past week. But I figured since we were in Canada that we should eat French food. So we found a French Bistro for lunch, it was good and now I can say I ate authentic French food. The tour to Victora,BC was LONG day....8 hrs total commute time (2 hrs each way on ferry) and the tour was 13 hrs long. I'm glad we went but don't need to do that again.

We are glad we are home and we were ready to be off the boat by day 7, so I'm a bit concerned about our 11 day cruise in the Southern Carribean in Jan. But I think we will take more rest time on that one relaxing on our balconey (we didn't have a balconey on this Alaska cruise--and we didn't miss it because we were always up at the front of the boat when coming up to glaciers---found a great spot not many people knew about).

Ronne,
I hate those push up thingys at the end too. Dare I say that for most of them I just look at the TV in amazement?

Murphy,
Are you going to get the push up tower? I have a bench with rack so I don't need one(and the room required for it too), if I didn't I probably would go with the tower.

Mary,
Any grand plans for your birthday?

Wow, Lisa, that looks fantastic. No wonder you're tired, it sounds like you've been really busy. I think you're right, I'm sure the Caribbean cruise will be a lot slower paced.
I bet you've got some good DOMS after GSCT?!

Today was Athletic Step. I'm starting to get more familiar with it at last. I burned more calories than it said in the workout manager, is that good or bad?!
Lots of cleaning to do - getting the house ready for dinner guests on Saturday. Our house always looks perfect when someone comes round but you should see it the rest of the time!

See you tomorrow.

Hi everyone, today I ran 4.5 miles. YES I had serious DOMS after GSCT ! I even had slight DOMS in the sides and ab area....I guess it's true that you work your core all the time to stabilize.

Ready for an ew factor? I woke up to a rude awakening at 4:30am when I got up to go to the bathroom (after the cat woke me up to jump in bed with us).....I stepped in cat poo! EW.....she has now started going sometimes in our bathroom....I guess she's confused since she can't see and goes by smell alone, to her it probably smells like a litter box. She's obviously feeling better with her arthritis because of trying (and succeeding sometimes) to jump in our bed. I feel bad for her....it's like she's an old lady that keeps living and is a pain in the butt. I feel guilty for wanting it all to end (I know I'll miss her), and here I fought so hard to keep Maddy alive and here with Yoshi I'm just not up to the task of dealing with it all (and it isn't life threatening stuff....yet, just pain in the butt stuff).

Ronne, sounds like fun plans this weekend. I want to have my boys and future DIL over this weekend to give them some stuff I got in Alaska. The cooridination is just such an effort and of course up to me.

Well, I'm just such a Mary sunshine I better sign off for now....

Hi girls! Sorry have been missing, the week got away from me! i have been doing my w/o's though! Lisa, it looks like you guys had a great time! I'm sure you will love the warm weather cruise, we are thinking of going on one in Dec., just a short one tho! Ronne, are you making dinner? What are you making? I always get stressed when I have people over, I want everything to be perfect! Murphy, Do you have the house all together yet? How are your neighbors? Do you like them? No big plans here, the kids have activities all weekend, hopefully we will have time to do dinner or something! Have a good day, I need to go get my w/o in before the kids get home! Mary

Hello

Just a quick post as I have to go and pick DD up soon.

Lisa - yuck!! (holds nose!)

Mary - where you thinking of going?

Did Fusion today, made a right old mess of combo 2 but it was fun! Off out tonight with a friend for dinner and drinks. Making the dessert for tomorrow night's meal this afternoon: St Emilion au chocolat (no idea why it's called that, crushed biscuits, chocolate, brandy).

Have a good weekend all!

Hi everyone, I slept in so no w/o for me. I was so tired yesteday I could have fallen asleep at my desk. Now I know why older women can't have babies. the interruption of sleep from Yoshi took it's toll on me. I don't know how you all do it with the younguns.

Ronne, I always make a mess out of combo 2 in Fusion!

Everyone enjoy your weekends! I predict more DOMS in my future. I still have DOMS from GSCT (another reason I took a rest today). Those GS workouts are always notorious for the DOMS for me.

No workout today, not even walking. I did however decide to buy the tower and more puzzle mats and I bought a foam tower to hold my weights. It is one of those triangle towers that the weight set come with. I bought it as Sports authority.

House - the house is slowsly coming together. One neighbor is fine and the other is okay but it took a while for them to wave back. ??? Maybe the nice neighbor put in a good word for us. :)

Murphy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.