40's busy as bees!

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi everyone, I don't think the thread for this week is started yet.

I did KPC&L&G PM Kickbox & High Step circuit....um, can you say LEG PRESS? ugh, this had the kpc combos with leg presses in between. It was different. I'm getting a lot of use out of my high step, makes me wonder why it took so long for me to buy one! :eek:

So, Maddy started leaking again, the vet said to increase how often we give her the hormones, problem solved. Poor thing, she went from every 7 days to every 3 days for hormones so she must really need them. She's doing well with her eating and things are running smoothly....AH!

What's up with everyone else?

HI All,

I am in my last week of the 30-day challenge and I am so itching for some Cathe. I am going to do some DM premixes this week so I can get my fix.

Lisa - I am sore just by reading what workouts you did. Maddy feeling better?

Hello to all who follow.

Murph

Hi everyone! How are you? Just got back from t-ball and softball games. I did STS Meso 1 disc 2 today, kind of following Cathe's rotation. Lisa, what dvd does that w/o you did today come on? Good to hear Madison is doing well. Is she eating all that home cooking? Hi Murphy, you have been devoted to your Wii. Have you opened lots of games by playing it so much? Hi to all that follow, Mary

Hello ladies!

Lisa - are you mad? That sounds horrific - at least I know which premix to avoid now!!:p Glad to hear Maddy's doing OK.

Mary - so the summer holidays are in full swing now? How are you managing to fit the workouts in with the kids at home?

Murph - keep going, you're nearly there!!

Did day 3 of week 2 of my rotation. I'm stronger than I thought! Really enjoying doing the different combinations of DVDs, keeps them interesting. Work is absolutely crazy - I just can't seem to keep up! I'm off into town this afternoon with DD to go and buy Father's Day presents. She wants to buy him a teatowel with a cartoon on it! :D

It's lovely and sunny here so hard to be miserable for long, despite work!

Bye for now

Hi All,

I did bc today and got my Cathe fix. Yeah. For some reason I feel so much better.

Mary - This Wii game does not have anything to unlock but you do get trophies and medals for reaching certain goals. The Cardio Boxing one has things to unlock but I don't like that as much so I probably won't be unlocking much of anything.

Murph

Finally checking in. It's been a rough day getting Maddy to eat. I finally gave her some anti-nausea medicine from the vet and she ate up her breakfast, lunch, and dinner all at once! I guess I need to keep her on the med everyday, not sure what that means in terms of how close to end stage we are. :( I've asked my yahoo group who have been of extreme help to see what they have to say. I need to live in the moment but I seem to always worry about Maddy's future. :(

Enough about that....let's see, I did Jari Love Ripped/Chiseld today (upper body stuff only). Tomorrow I THINK I may tackle Imax3. :eek:

Mary, that killer workout was on the KPC dvd. I don't recommend it though, not unless you like leg presses (I hate them). Sounds like you have a fun summer on tap.

Ronne, it WAS horrific, but once I started I had to complete so felt good about that....it may be quite a long long time before I ever attempt that again. I did like mixing something up with the KB combos but NOT LEG PRESSES! Did you have fun shopping? Fess up, what did you buy for yourself? ;)

Murphy, glad you got your Cathe fix. I'm going to start FF Dec rotation next week and then after that I may tackle that rotation Cathe just put together with STS dvds. I'm in no way ready to do any PLYOs yet so that's why I'm holding off on that one!

Later ladies...

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a good Tues. Lisa, are you feeling masochistic lately? Now you are going to do Imax3?! I am very impressed with you? I'm glad you got Madison to eat something. If she feels better with the meds you should give them to her. (that's my train of thought, being a nurse.) Murphy, good to hear you are back with Cathe! She will be happy! Ronne, everytime I go shopping for someone else, I can only find stuff I want, then when I go shopping with the intention of buying for myself, I can never find any thing! Today I did KM, I also went to the Dr. I have been having this hip pain, he thinks it is bursitis (isn't that an old man's problem?) Anyway, he seems to think it is from my last pregnancy, (since it started then, I am a bit of a procrastinator) (he's 7) I thought exercise would help, well he gave me a shot of cortisone, hurts more now than before he did it! If it doesn't clear up with in the week, a MRI is in order. Well, enough about me. Hope you all have a good night. (he did tell me I could keep working out, good news.) Hi to all. Mary

Hello!

Mary - wow, 7 years that is a LONG time to wait before going to the doctor! I thought I was bad!;) At least you can keep working out. Hope the cortisone works.

Lisa - Imax3 after that combo? Can you walk now?! :p I didn't buy anything for myself yesterday (apart from an ice-cream!) But today I went to the optician's for an eye test and ordered two new pairs of glasses (normal and sunglasses) spending a whopping £250! How's that for shopping?!! :eek:

Did GS Legs today and sweated like a pig! Off to a concert at DD's school this evening. Have a good one, everyone!

Hi everyone, well another day off to an eating struggle. She has just determined that she is going to stick her nose up at the chk, potatoe, rice mixture that I just cooked up a big batch of. I guess she doesn't know their's starving dogs in Africa. ;):rolleyes: Well, at least she's eating today, just not what I want her to! I've learned though that she will always win the battle of the wills and can hold out much longer than I so therefore I give what she likes, within reason, must be on her diet plan!

Well, I didn't finish Imax 3 either. :( I just didn't have the energy, this stress really takes it's toll. I did do half of it, so I feel that's an accomplishment!

Ronne, I can't believe you didn't buy something for yourself! I'm so bad, I took the father's day coupon for JC Penney ($10 off any purchase) and bought me a pair of sketcher's sandals on sale, so my final price was $10. Then I used my sister's coupon and bought a pair of white shorts, final price $5. Then I found a shirt for only $3 to go with the shorts. I couldn't pass that up!

Mary, OUCH, that sounds painful! Does it slow you down in your workouts? It must not since you've had it for so long. :p My right knee is starting up again (another reason I stopped Imax3 halfway). I think Imax 3 along with hardcore extreme is getting shoved to the bottom of the pile and staying there for a while and I'm not going to feel bad about neglecting them at all ! :D

Murphy, did you get another Cathe fix in?

Where's everyone else? Have they abandoned us?

Hi all! Today I did STS 2 , a chest, shoulder and tricep w/o., I just enjoyed that meso so much! Hip is still sore, you kind of get used to it, it only use to act up when it was too cold, etc., now all the time. I'll figure it out! Lisa, you need to have a good talk with Madison! You are working so hard for her! I put my hardcore extreme dvd, waaaay at the back of my pile, I won't be trying that one again for a looong time! Ronne, I love getting new glasses! They are always such and investment! Murphy, was Cathe glad to see you again? Where is Kathryn? Did she ever leave Disney? Maybe she moved down there? Where is Vilma and Andrea? Doesn't anyone like us any more?! Well, good evening to all. Talk to you tomorrow. Mary

Hello there!

Yes, it is quiet around here, isn't it? Perhaps we should rename ourselves, 40s - nobody likes us and we don't care!!!:p

I've got Imax 2 on schedule today. I haven't done that one since last year. It was the second Cathe DVD I bought and I still haven't got one of the routines down!

Lisa - Got any neighbours with dogs you could pass the gourmet dog food on to?! Half of Imax 3 is definitely an accomplishment. Way to go on the sale shopping. Don't you just love it when you get a bargain? Actually, I was in town last Saturday and I bought myself a new jacket so I have treated myself recently. It was £25 reduced to £17.50! Take it easy with that knee, don't go getting yourself injured, you've got enough on your plate!

Mary - did you notice a difference on STS second time around or are you still sweating and swearing? Take care of the hip!

OK - back to work!

Hello you fellow 40's that no one likes. :p

Doing better today, Maddy is eating, but then I gave in and added some of her favorites to today's meals so as to avoid the drama, especially since she always wins!

I did PLB today, was thinking the first half was easier than normal (except for those darn leg presses...I've had my fill of leg presses this week!), then I got to the floor work and that one is a killer isn't it? I expect some DOMS from this!

Ronne, my sister's puppies get all the rejects from Maddy. :p Those puppies eat anything! Even their own poop! YUCK! Hopefully not too many rejects left since I just pop the rejects into the freezer for another week (that's my latest plan), or I hide the rejects in something she's eating that week, but sometimes that dog can pick out the SMALLEST of things she doesn't want in her food! Amazing!

Mary, how are you implement STS into your workouts? As is? From Cathe's rotation she posted, or your own creation?

Gotta run, have a great week to all my fellow unlikable 40's.

Oi! You guys!

Ronne, Mary, I like you guys!!!

Im sorry to be MIA. I'd fallen in a workout slump and had just lost interest in (I whisper this cause I mean no offence to anyone especially Cathe) Cathe. So, with work being so awfully busy, and me scratching around to find workouts to interest me, I didn't get in.

Thanks Lisa for the kick in the butt!

I've found BOOTCAMP!! Im loving it. Its classes run by a couple of guys at work and I can take the childs after school and they can run around without hurting anything, its a bit out of my way but Im making an effort.

Lisa I am sorry to hear about your pooch. I've just lost my last "oldie". Its so awful. Hugs to you.

Hi everyone! Today I did tri-set legs, fun and fast. I'm just mixing up the w/o's since we paid so much for them I want to get some use out of them! I will do a 6 month rotation when STS cardio comes out. Andrea, we have missed you terribly and so glad that you still like us! Boot camp sounds like fun. The ones around here are so early in the morning, and I am a lazy girl! Lisa, at least some one will eat all your hard work! One of my kids use to eat poop too! (Is that too much info?) I haven't done PLB in a long time, those leg presses are to be avoided at all costs! Ronne, how much is a pound to a dollar? I know that the dollar is worth a lot less! Hi to Murphy, Vilma, Kathryn (if they are lurking about) Have a good night. Mary

Hi All,

Just a quick check-in. I got another Cathe fix in and will be doing my last day of the 30 day challenge. Yippee. I will go back to Cathe for a while and then sneak in an EA Sports day here and there.

Have a fun weekend everyone.

Murphy

A quick fly by post for me today. PUB done...love those pyramids. Things are going good here too. Have a great weekend everyone.

Hey you fabulous 40s ladies....I'm 46 (soon to be 47, but whose counting). I noticed the Fabulous 40s checkin a few months back and then I loss track. Would love to join your check-in. I've been doing Cathe for a little over a year and I still feel like I'm finding my way here in the Cathe Nation.

I've got Kick Max waiting for me as soon as I log off.
~michelle

Hi all!

I'm part of the over 40 group, but always forget to post in the check-ins! It's been a tough week for me. I have been faithful since I started in February and got totally off schedule! Went to a chakra healing workshop on Tuesday night, so I missed my run, the weather's been uncooperative and I"m completely off my routine! My first bad week!

Plan on getting right back on track next week! Since I messed up this past week, I'm going to do one more week of S&H with my Couch to 5K program (I'm between wk 4 and 5 here) and get moving!!! I did do my Chest & Back workout yesterday (it's usually on Wednesday, that's how off I am), doing Bi' & Tri's today and, weather permitting, my run tomorrow! Whew! THEN, I'll be back on track for Monday!

Tricia

Welcome Michelle and Tricia, the more the merrier!

I did a 30 min interval run today (iTread 21 I think).

It's getting hot here, summer seems to finally have arrived...it will be in the 90s!

Tricia, this checkin should help you get back on track, I've floundered a bit lately with my workouts but knowing I should come and post keeps me somewhat accountable.

Michelle, How was KM? I'm finding it hard to do any workout in it's entirety lately and that is a long one!

Until tomorrow sometime.....I'll probably be a late poster, hope someone gets the thread started, and make sure to use Ronne's suggested name further up in the thread! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.