40s - April Fools!!

Ronne

Cathlete
Hi everyone

Didn't see a post so thought I'd get us started before disappearing!

Managed to fit a brief workout in today. Did KCM Powersculpting. I really like that one. Had a busy weekend. Been working today to try and clear my desk for the holidays. We're off to my parents tomorrow (me and DD) till Thursday, so no workouts for a while!!

Will catch up properly with everyone when I get back.

I did S&G cardio&ab premix then added on the AT express PM. A total of about 1 hr w/o. I'm feeling a slight headache coming on, must be the front we are supposed to be getting here later today. Was 82 yesterday (warmer than where you are Jody!), had to turn the AC on for a bit to cool the bedroom before sleeping...didn't want to open the windows, allergies are at an all time high. 30 min of AC was worth not having all that pollen in the house! Today another 80 degree day then tomorrow about 45!

Ronne, Funny start to the thread. Enjoy your time away!

Jody, The DOMS do make me feel like I'm getting back to the groove. My lower back and left glute is really hurting though (that's why I did low impact w/o). I think somehow on the hike I really worked it weird (must have been coming down the steep slope with a dog pulling me!)

Roxie, how's the house coming along?

Mary, where are you? Busy, busy, busy as always? Oh the car FINALLY got here yesterday, but they still have to clean it up and detail it and we won't get time to get there to pick it up until next Saturday. Finally my days of transporting DH to the airport are over!

Oh, got my hair trimmed yesterday. She did a good job, amazing how short it feels yet she didn't take off any length, just layered it a bit more so it didn't turn into triangle head. I must admit I style it much better than she does though. She said my ends looked really good even though it was 7 months since I got it cut. So I think I should be able to wait another 7 months before I go back! I only really went to cut it to get it shaped before the wedding and I didn't want to cut it too close to the wedding either (it's May 10th). I'm hoping the Estrogen helps some hair grow back since it's thinned the past couple of years. From reading, the lack of estrogen could be the reason. I'm continuing to feel sooooo much better. You never know how bad you felt until you start feeling good again!

Lisa, so glad you are feeling better. Yeah you were probably resisting/bracing all the way down, sounds like a good natural workout, next time you have to hold leash in other hand to come out even? Your LIS workout sounded fun combo, I will try to do that this week.

I did BM2 Cardio blast premix, I usually do the cardio timesaver which I think is shorter but more "blasty" or Hiit feeling to me. I'll prob do the upper body wts tomorrow. That music is really fun and motivating to me.

I think Mary and Ronne both have lots of busy family time right now, Lisa will too with the wedding soon. Roxie do you think your dd will take time off after baby is born? Waves to all including Murphy. I'm making tabbouleh to take to a dancer party tonight. I love my gf's and always have fun but hopefully it won't be too late or too wild since it is Sun eve. My scale hates bellydance get-togethers.

Good Afternoon,

I walked 3 miles in the park this morning and then enjoyed some sunshine, it is warm here again today but I think Tuesday we are getting Lisa's front and I too have a headache.

Lisa-I have the windows and doors open even though pollen is high I refuse to turn the ac on. They are putting plywood on the roof so its coming along really well.

Jody-yes dd is planning on taking maternity leave and there is another store manager due at the same time so they are going to have their hands full trying to get through.

Ronne-have a fun vacation.

Did MMA boxing today. I am trying to follow another rotation-ish. Let's see how it goes. Hi to everyone who follows. Sorry for the lack of personals, I am running late.

Ronne - love the title to the thread. Have a great vacation.

Murphy

Hi girls! Had the stomach flu all weekend, no workouts. Now DD is upstairs with it. Not the best of weekends. I was supposed to go to my interview today, had to cancel, couldn't leave DD alone. Thank goodness I don't really need the position. Lisa, I can't believe how quick the wedding is coming up! Roxie, sounds like they are really moving along on the house! Jody, did you have gun with your friends? Ronne, enjoy your time away! Murphy, hope all is well with you. Hope everyone has a good day. On the upside, I did lose 4 pounds! Mary

Good Morning,

I am following FitnessFreaks get ready for summer 2012 rotation I won't be doing any of the cardio coaches but I have all the stuff to substitute. I am a little burnt from the sun this weekend so sleeping was hard. Tonite for me is Afterburn.

Hi everyone! No workout, YET. Slept in, again, so didn't have time before the guys got here to start the bathroom. I feel weird working out while they are here (in case they have a question, or walk into the w/o room to do some plumbing) so will wait until later tonight. My plan is to do STS Meso 2 back/bi. So glad DH is here this week since the bathroom started today as it is helpful to have him and not have to handle it all myself!

Mary, hope you feel better soon! I probably found your 4 lbs, let me know when you want it back :) I hope everything works out with the job/interview.

Roxie, I hate to admit it, but I cringe now hearing of someone getting sunburned....I so wish I had been more careful of the sun.

Jody, how was your bellydance get together? Did you behave yourself?

Murphy, I hope you can stick with a rotation too! I haven't followed one in ages, I wish I could!

Be back later to HOPEFULLY report a workout!

Well, I won't get in a workout. We decided to go pick up the car tonight and get that out of the way. One less thing to worry about, especially since I got another thing added to my pile today. They are making me get a new laptop at work and it just came in the office today, and here I can't get into the office for 2 weeks with this bathroom renovation (they think DH is out of town and I'm working from home). I don't want the hassle of a new laptop and getting it set up, what a pain! I sure hope it can wait 2 weeks! If not oh well.......

Lisa, I am on the cusp of no workout myself. Good luck with new car and new lap top. You could have worse probs, right?
Mary, sorry you guys were sick this weekend and hopefully all on the mend very soon.
Roxie, you are doing AB after your burn. Get it? heh heh - sorry.
Murphy which rotation? and why does it appeal to you? (Just curious, I like to think about the workouts and potential benefits)
Dancers Get together was good, and relatively subdued, but I still had an unpleasant moment on the scale today plus I'm tired from 5 hours of sleep. (see above note about no workout happening today- blech energy)

Faithnveggies said:
Lisa, I am on the cusp of no workout myself. Good luck with new car and new lap top. You could have worse probs, right?
Mary, sorry you guys were sick this weekend and hopefully all on the mend very soon.
Roxie, you are doing AB after your burn. Get it? heh heh - sorry.
Murphy which rotation? and why does it appeal to you? (Just curious, I like to think about the workouts and potential benefits)
Dancers Get together was good, and relatively subdued, but I still had an unpleasant moment on the scale today plus I'm tired from 5 hours of sleep. (see above note about no workout happening today- blech energy)

Jody - I usually try for a rotation that includes the dvd's that I have - or at least like!

Good Evening,

I did Afterburn the whole thing for the first time and it was killer I couldn't do the staggared pushups and cut some of the others short. I remember why I quit doing these workouts already hurt my knee.

Jody-that was funny I think you would be a blast to hang out with.

Mary-how are you feeling?

Today I did the kickbox premix from BC/ME. I don't like the premix. I guess it is b/c there is a break before the next exercise, it does not flow smoothly like the premix of her later and current dvd's. Now I remember why I don't use this dvd too often. I also did the ball abs from ab circuits (STS). I have to work up to the pike's on the ball. I can do a few but then that is it.

Roxie - AB is truly a killer. Even Cathe is a bit winded in that one. It is one of my favorites - not that I can complete it.

Murphy

Murphy

quickie for me- I did SG standing and abs but don't have time to tack on the AB premix as intended so maybe this aft plus I need to do some quick and dirty upper body work. I noticed I liked the music in SG which is cool. Have a great one.

Good Morning,

Tonite for me is LM and I plan on doing the whole thing not just the step combos. I think Debbie is trying to kill me with this rotation but my legs should look great when I am done.

Jody-whats dirty upper body work?

Murphy-I completed it but took short cuts.

Got Step Moves in today, hoping to make up my w/o from yesterday later since Jody put me to shame and didn't join me in my no w/o day yesterday :)

Roxie, When I do AB, I don't do the pushups, instead I just hold the plank, guess that's cheating :)

Murphy, I'm getting bad about not doing the w/o's that I don't like...probably because I have such a big selection, why do a w/o that I don't like?!

Mary, how's DD, is she feeling better? Are you ready for your 4 lbs back?

Jody, sleep really affects you (ask me how I know :) ) Anyway, I'm getting good sleep and starting to feel more like my old self in my w/o's. But now my PF in my right foot and lower left back/glute is feeling it. Was that hike! Talked to DS last night, he said his dog didn't want to go out for a couple of days after our hike. I must have worn her out :) She was so funny, on the way to the hike, she was standing up with her feet on the middle console of the car looking out, on the way back, she was laying on the floor behind the front seats, she couldn't take not looking toward the front and next thing I knew she had her head laying on the console looking forward so she wouldn't miss anything. So cute. Animals are so funny!

Lisa, technically didnt put u toshame since I skipped yesterday and didn't wo til this morn before work. Roxie quick and dirty, equals something short and lacking finesse, lol. Maybe upper from bodymax. ??

murphy wrote: Jody - I usually try for a rotation that includes the dvd's that I have - or at least like!
Hey-I'm doing the same right now- it looks like this:
Bootcamp, lowerbody, upper body split 1st half, HIIT, highstep, cardio blast, upper body split 2nd half, LIS workout (emphasis high MET value) and Circuit is the basic framework. I'm likin' it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.