40 & over checkin - week of 8/31

fitover40

Cathlete
Starting the thread for this next week.

I did RS today. It's been a while since I've done that one and I could tell my legs were stronger than the last time I did it. Yea!

Hi Lisa

Today's my rest day but I plan on doing the entire StretchMax dvd sometime later on today after yesterday's run my body can use some gentle stretch.

Not sure what rotation I'll be doing for the month of September but if anything I'm eying LowMax for tomorrow

picture.php

Hi all. It is a beautiful day here! Murphy guilted me into doing DM, I was thinking about her while I was doing it, and they weren't happy thoughts!! LM, I kind of dread also! It is my Mom's b-day so we will be taking her out to dinner. My DH had his fantasy football draft party last night, I just finished cleaning up the remnants of that. Hope you all have a great day. Mary

Happy Labor Day! I just completed 4DS Kickbox/Legs. We had a BBQ yesterday since DS works today. I bought a couple of pies and had a piece of one of them yesterday. Yum, it's been a while, but now I'm hoping my DS eats them before they call my name too many more times!

Vilma, It's been a while since I've done LM, I need to dust that one off soon. I don't know what I'm doing rotation wise either, I'm waiting to see Cathe's Sept one, otherwise I was thinking of a Fitness Freak Circuit One.

Mary, You are so funny letting Murphy guilt you into DM! Hope you had a great time celebrating your Mom's BD.

Have a great week everyone.

Lisa
I've decided to revisit FF Circuit Rotation for this month so once my son's 16th birthday bash is over later on today; I hope to start with LM today if not I'll take an extra rest day and start the rotation tomorrow - FF Sept 08 Leg Blast looks like something I want to do after the circuit rotation.

I saw a gain on my scale this morning and know it may be a combination of my poor food choices lately along with aunt flo coming by soon. So no birthday cake and or junk for me.

I need to buckle down on the crap I've been eating and do better for myself this month.

I plan on doing my measurements soon for comparison at the end of the month.

picture.php

Hi ladies,

Im not sure what workout is on tap today.

Vilma hi, I'm interested in what you do for the dark clouded moments in your life? I hope that this question doesn't cause you any distress, if it has I am sincerly sorry and don't answer.

Monday already?

I guess so ... feels like the weekend, though!

Did Imax 2 today; DrillMax yesterday. I'll probably do Muscle Confusion tomorrow and Wednesday is my day off!

My DD is sick with a cold (I think). :( Hope we don't all come down with it! I'll be eating extra well and getting plenty of sleep. So I guess I should stop typing and go to bed!

ShyWolf: We haven't actually chatted but I've seen a few of your posts. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. I, too, struggle with depression. It's all over my family and I guess I inherited the gene. The hardest thing is reaching out when you're feeling down. I just want to crawl under the bed and stay there.

Speaking of beds, I'd better get into mine because my 5:00 wake-up time is only six hours away!

--Kathryn

HELLO ALL,

Todays workout was Jari Love Ripped 1000. This was my first ever Jari workout and I liked it. She doesn't have the same bounce and happy as Cathe and that took a bit of getting used to.

Anyone else tried Jari? Thoughts recommendations?

Andrea I just saw your question about my depression....well when I'm deep in my dark hole at that point in time there's really not much I do, my family esp my youngest DD helped me out plenty during my last episode recently by just lying down with me and hugging me and saying many times 'I love you mami'

It's hard to explain but I do attempt to get up, interact with those around me and move around but it feels as if my entire body is loaded down with cement and I'm not really thinking or talking I become very 'blank' I recognize it and during those times I take things minute by minute , second by second. Just willing myself to get moving.

Kathryn its genetic in my family as I got it from my dad although he never was diagnosed but I do recognize plenty of his symptoms with what I experience.

It's all over my medical charts and I do have clinical depression, have been prescribed drugs for it in the past.... although even though I'm still under a doctor's care I am not on any antidepressants as I am dealing with it through exercise, meditations and positive affirmations which help but my last episode caught me off guard as I was dealing under a tremendous amount of family stress which hit all around the same time.

I'm feeling much better now and back to my normal self.

Hello everyone,

I have been a little lazy. I feel like I need a kick in the pants to get moving. I am supposed to do the 4DS this week. I really enjoy bootcamp (okay, maybe not "enjoy", but you know what I mean) and kickbox but don't really do the HIS and LIS. I am step challenged, but may give it a go. I will need some help staying motivated. It is getting harder to get up at 4/4:30 to exercise. Especially when DD is having trouble sleeping. She is 3 1/2, tell me they sleep better as they get older. Please someone, anyone!!!!!

Mary - I am happy to hear I guilted you into doing DM. I thought I heard someone yelling at me. ;-)

Kathryn/Vilma - I hope you are feeling better. I am glad you recognize the symptoms and are working on them. So many people don't. I'll say some prayers for you.

Good morning girls,

I did KCM's TB premix from 30 mins to Fitness followed by the first section of Step Sweatfest with TS. Great w/o. I forget how fun this step w/o is.:D

I've tried to stay away from the computer over the weekend. I wasn't totally successful but I did back way off.;)

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. We celebrated my birthday yesterday even though it's not until Thursday. They took me out to eat and I got a new fan and step (badly needed) for my gym. DH got me a new iPhone and I am in love.
ea435ddc485d783d569d1f206b02ab982bf9757_t.gif
I've been loading it up and having a good time playing with it.

6f43554a4f86728e510d11b56841bbfbe35da52_t.gif
There you go, Murph. But only because you asked. Actually, I think you need to be praised for getting up so early to exercise. I think you're doing great!

I'm so glad you're feeling better Vilma.
b7d358f6475d71a654c010ac60478ed7d060c43_t.gif

Big waves to Kathryn, Andrea, Lisa, Mary and anyone else I forgot! I need to get off and get some things done but I'll check back later. :D

Hi everyone, Hope that you all had a good holiday, we went to a picnic, it was a beautiful day weather wise! Rhondaylyn, I love birthdays, make sure you are especially good to your self on thurs! Make it a birthday week! Murphy I was thinking bad thoughts about you during DM, however, afterwards I was grateful I did it. So thank you! Vilma, I'm glad to hear you are out of the cloud, I have been there before and not a place I want to visit again. Andrea, I have all of Jari's w/o's, I enjoy them, but I just love Cathe, maybe it is the repetition, I understand she has some new ones coming out this year. Kathryn, did Murphy guilt you into DM, too? Hi LIsa, I had some pie yesterday, too. Peach Blackberry Struedel, I counted it as my fruit for the day! Hope you have a great Tues. Mary

Hello ladies! I just finally got in a little workout....I did LIC upper body premix and tested some 1RMs for triceps. Pretty good for a day that I thought I wouldn't have time to do anything. I was so pumped up after my Tuesday gig (still don't want to divulge anything yet) that I had to work off some nervous energy.

Murphy, Uh, I'd like to tell you that kids sleeping gets better, but I can't. Is this your oldest or only? Seems to me that things were better for my 2nd child, maybe because my 2 boys liked to sleep together when they were younger and that helped. Good luck! It's tough!

Mary, I can count my pie as fruit too! I have to rein in the eating now that I've splurged for a while.

Andrea, I have all of Jari Love's dvds (that's who I started with). Once I found Cathe I just have a hard time going back to Jari...they are a bit boring and Cathe is just plain FUN. I do pull Jari out once in a blue moon.

Rhondalyn, Happy Birthday girl! Enjoy your day!

Kathryn, take care of yourself, I hope you don't get your DD's cold. Now that the kids are in school, it's time for them to spread their germs to each other!

Vilma, I know those dark clouds too. Take care of yourself. It's been a tough time here lately with everything going on and I feel the pull to the cloud and I'm trying to resist. I'll just be so happy when Friday is over so that the funeral is behind us. Too many things have happened that is having me relive my parents funerals and I'm trying to protect myself with an imaginary wall on Friday. That probably makes no sense.

I hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did, excuse me as I'm feeling extra scattered today. Take care all !

Hi everyone,

Todays WO was the other Jari that I bought, Ripped slim and lean. I must admit I warmed a bit better to her today, she doesn't have much of a personality, but her workouts are very very good. I think(Hoping is a better description really) that her type of training is going to shape my but, thighs, and hips.

Vilma - I think you must be so incredibly strong! I know sooo many folks who struggle for years and years, changing meds, trying everything. You seem to have a really wonderful family, who give you support, strength, encouragement and love. Thank you for sharing that with us. I have suffered anxiety for years and when it used to hit me it was totally totally in control of my life. I've learnt to leave it on a deserted island. i still get mild attacks, but no where near as bad. I too, found strength from my children, their love helped me through. I just cannot believe the unconditional love I get from those girls.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone,

I did kickbox and legs and core today. I plan to do one of the 4DS's each day. I am sure I should space them out better but...I don't want to. I am just psyched about doing them and if I take a detour, I will get all screwed up. Yep, I am one of those people.

Rhondalyn - Thanks for the kick in the pants and Happy early Birthday. I hope you have a great day.

Lisa - I have two girls, 3 3/4 and 8 months. The oldest is the one who has trouble sleepoing. They share a room but the baby has not awakened her, she wakes up on her own and cannot get back to sleep. We have tried the nightlight, the soft white noise (fan, music, etc.), my DH sits w/ her till she falls asleep and tough love. I don't know what else to do. It is especially tough b/c when she starts to cry and fuss I get upset b/c she may wake the baby. Maybe when she is 40 I can get some rest.

Murph

Hi all,

I did the kicking and punching premix from K, P & C this morning.

I'm waiting on DD to get home so I can leave to take my DM to the grocery. I'm expecting a package from UPS and don't want to leave without anyone home to receive it.
997159487d59136e184efbe819a9a1d86ed2ac4_t.gif
Not that I'm in a hurry to go to Krogers today. LOL It's senior citizen's day and is usually crazy.

Murph, I always do the 4DS together, also. I sure hope your DD sleeps through the night before she's 40.
b1f15b437f5b1e639c864028396fd7e69e9018b_t.gif

Andrea, I have a couple of Jari's but haven't done them forever. I should pull them out and try them as I work through some of my DVDs.

Okay, Lisa, I'm dying to know what's going on with you.
c143556e43707ae45e961d996895190929e9053_t.gif
I hope that whatever it is works out the way you want. :D

Mary, I was just wondering and now I know
2cc155427052126b12ce9a9ba2fcdcfe6175594_t.gif

Hi to Kathryn and Vilma and anyone else who might check in after me. :D

Hi everyone! I did a wonderful run on the TM today with iTread14. I had to push myself during parts, especially the beginning but those endorphins are so worth it in the end. So, right after I got off the TM, the phone rang. So in my sweaty mess I answered it because I was expecting a call but they were early.

Anyhoo....

I got a job! And this job is one I'm excited about. The funny thing is is that I wasn't really wanting to work. I just had to look for work to get the emergency unemployment compensation that Prez Bush signed in July 08. I was eligible since I was laid off and since I signed up for unemployment even though I didn't get a dime because I got a severance pkg.

So, I've been happy being a SAHM, but looking thru the job ads had me trying to use this opportunity to potentially find something I may want, not too many hours, not too stressful.....you know, a HOBBY JOB.

So, what is this job you ask?

I'm going to be the admin asst to a Nutrionist. That sounds way cooler than a Chiro to me. One of the coolest things is that she tests your blood to find out what you need in your diet. I think I can learn so much from her and her and I clicked as well. It is only 10-12 hrs a week and I can do a lot of those from home. She is so flexible. Her slogan is so catchy too....If you don't take care of your body, where will you live?

The only thing I can think of that I could do that would be more fun would to be Cathe's admin asst! :p

So, that's it....I just didn't want to jinx it or come off as a failure for not landing the job. :rolleyes:

Most of the time we won't be working together but Wed we are getting together to go over everything and she said to pack lunch or we could go out. I told her I'd pack a lunch. Now I'm freaking about what to pack....will she be eyeballing what I'm eating. :D I try to eat healthy but I know I have a ways to go.

Thanks all for hangin with me thru all of this!

I'll close for now....yea, today was all about me...sorry!

Wouldn't you know it?

Hello to all of my 40+ friends!

It had to happen -- I caught my DD's cold! :( It's usually a big problem for me because the common cold usually turns into a nasty sinus infection!

I have been doing such a good job working out regularly! I'm finally in shape for bathing suit season (even though it's over now). I've been eating well and staying healthy. But best of all, I've been off antibiotics since the beginning of the year, which is a huge accomplishment for me.

Now I'm congested and miserable. I wonder if it would be okay to do easy workouts only ... nothing with the word "Max" in it!

I love my kids, but they carry more germs than the CDC!

Just griping; thanks for listening! :rolleyes:

--Kathryn

Hi all just a quickie posting as I'm dog tired --- I didn't get much sleep last night but did manage a nap before I tackled The Viper and my PU challenge for today .

It's only 6:50 pm but can I go to sleep already? Must I wait until it actually gets dark out to sleep? wahhhhh......

Happy Birthday Rhonda!!!!!

picture.php

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.