40 & over checkin - week of 8/3

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd get the thread for this week started while I wait for the moving truck to move my DS19 to his rental while he attends college this next school year. Yes, we have enough stuff to get a little u-haul as we are supplying most all of the common living area items and of course his bedroom stuff.

We set records these last couple of days with temps 104 and 103. They say it shouldn't be in the triple digits today but it will still be hot. Even in the foothills where he is moving, it's hot!

Gotta run, they are here!

Hi Lisa and all who follow!

Still not sure if I'll be doing Cathe's August rotation starting tomorrow Monday or stay with a 3 days circuit and 3 days running for the remainder of the month.

I just finally bit the bullet and got The Terminator DVD yesterday and I want to include it for some of my circuit days.

I also finished reading 'Breaking Dawn' after I was at the midnight book release party on Friday night it took me just under a day to finish it :D It was a great series of books.

Here's hoping I'll be more online this week. :eek:

Lisa Good Luck with your DS move back to college, my DD starts her 1st college semester on the 18th but she's staying local for now until she decides what exactly she wants to do.

bluefaetag.gif

Hi girls,

Today I did AoS FirePower. I love this w/o and I think it's my favorite of the AoS w/os. I only do the 1 Alarm so that might be why. ;) But I did do the entire 5 minute snatch challenge so I think that counts for something. I do feel like I get a great total body w/o with the 1 alarm anyway. I also started my push up challenge. Initially, when I tested I was able to do 15 with good form. I might have been able to push out a few more but it wouldn't have been with good form. Today was W1, D1 and I did 10-10-8-6 with rests between each set. It called for 60 secs rests but I didn't feel like I needed all of that today. I'm sure I will when the numbers increase though.

Lisa, I don't think I'll be doing Aug's rotation. I'm trying to work through most of my dvd's prior to starting STS and I can't do that doing the rotation. Good luck though. I'll be cheering you on. :D

Vilma, my DD graduated in May with a degree in psychology and has decided she wants to teach elementary ed now. :eek: So she has moved back home and will be taking classes through our local community college. I sure wish she had decided this earlier. She is also reading that book series and is saving them for me. I hope your DD decides what she wants early enough to get it done on time. ;)

Gotta run but I'm going to check back on everyone tonight. Y'all have a great day!

Hi Lisa, Vilma and everyone else!! Hope you all had a great weekend. Lisa , hope the move went smoothly. Ours are still in grade school, but I know the day will be sooner rather than later that they too are leaving for college. Vilma, you will love the Terminator, it is really challenging, but fun!! Workouts went well this weekend, I managed to fit them in between our busyness. We were able to see Neil Diamond this weekend, he stiil looks good! I also recieved a summer cold from the family so I am really enjoying that!! I all ready have enough trouble sleeping well, then with the congestion it almost seems pointless to go to bed! Have a good day. Mary

Quick fly by ladies. Yesterday's move was long, hot, tiring, and chaotic. Today is no better and it's infringing on my workout time! DH is rushing head long into a project that I know he needs my help for. I was so angered that I pushed even harder on CC6. Then I get done and he made no progress and has only floundered. Geez, how I'd like to spend yet another hr with Coach Sean but I have to help DH figure out this home project. He's awful at home projects. I'm so angry right now that he's rushing me. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Thanks for listening! Hopefully tomorrow is a better day!

Lisa, been there! My DH, when he wants help, he wants help NOW!! Sometimes if it is reversed, I need to wait!? The day can only get better!

Hi Ladies,

I wanted to jump online and say hello before we leave for a trip to Maryland tomorrow to visit with DH's family. It's bittersweet because we enjoy going there and will have lots of fun stuff to do with the kids but we had to cancel our actual vacation to Acadia National Park in Maine. My DH was in a car accident 3 years ago and still has problems from it. This summer he has had constant severe back pain. Unfortunately camping for a week in a tent is not an option. We love going there and will hopefully make plans for next summer. I am going to try hard to get some workouts in while I am away. I hate to lose the momentum I have going from the last few really good weeks. Today I only walked for 1hr 15 mins. Tomorrow I hope to do Supersets before I leave. If I get a chance to pop online I may be back, if not I will return next week.

Lisa - I hope your project goes well. AF is here for me too and it doesn't make my packing/travelling stress very easy! I felt like I had no energy today. Hang in there with that heat and do the best you can. It really zaps your energy.

Mary - I hope you are feeling and sleeping better soon! Such a nice gift to get from family :rolleyes: My kids are still in elementary school too. You are right..time will pass in a blink of an eye and we will be packing them up like the other ladies. Neil Diamond sounds like fun!

Rhondalyn - Good luck with your push up challenge! I am impressed with your start already! :D

Vilma - I love when a book is so good you can finish it in a day or two. I am hoping to do a little of that myself this week. I hope you figure out the best rotation for you this month.

Hi to everyone else who is coming! If I am not back have a great week!

Alison

Hi Everybody!

I am here- just been learning the new stuff on the forum (still learning actually), I signed up with the Nutrition Manager (mostly A's and some B's).

I am doing the August Rotation. Today will be CC #2 and Pyramid Upper Body. Yesterday was TaeBo Upper and Lower Body, that is the dvd which helped me lose weight. I don't have the Pure Strength dvd, so I will need to find a sub for that. Maybe Gym Styles which reminds me that I need to buy 15 lbs dumbells. Wednesday sub will be the elliptical. Friday - I think I might put in Providence with Beth Chamberlin in that spot.

I am going back to read past personals. Have a good day everyone!

Hi ladies forgot to check in yesterday!!! I did step blast yesterday and will do pyramid upper with stretch max on the end. I forgot stretch max yesterday. I hope to faithfully stick with August rotation!!!! Hope you are all having a good week so far!!!
Catch you all later!!! Teresa

Hi everyone,

I am a little behind in my check-in's. I too am (trying to) doing the August rotation with substitutions. I did the Firm vol 1, Firm upper body and then will do vol 2 form my Imax 3 substitution. Volume 2 has lots of aerobics in it with light weight work so I hope it works as a good substitute. I could not think of anything else. I don't do a lot of hardcore aerobics.

Hi everyone! Well, yesterday got worse before it got better. The man was very irritating to me. He's back at work today, thank goodness so now I can do my own thing!;) AF is done already too, woo hoo! Since my eating has been horrendous these last couple of days I pushed hard on today's workout. I did PUB and Providence. Yes, I'm whipped, but a good kind. And now I am going to get my eating back in order too!

Vilma, I thought of you when I was referring to "the man". LOL DS is studying to be an electrical engineer. His first yr was tough because he really hadn't committed to that vocation, but this year I think his confidence is up and he knows he has it in him. That book series sounds interesting, I checked the library and they are all checked out!:rolleyes: Wowsa. How's the Terminator dvd? I don't have that one either and it keeps calling to me.

Rhondalyn, your pushups are impressive. Those are a weak spot for me--I have to be careful not to let my shoulder get overloaded. Hope that makes sense. I'm hoping that DS doesn't change his major. Last yr he wasn't feeling the love for being an engineer (wanted to teach music). This yr I think he is feeling more confident now that he knows he can keep up in the tough engineering classes. Kids?!?! Worse than DH's sometimes (guess I'm still not over my DH fiasco yesterday).;):p:D

Mary, I hope you feel better soon! My DH would be so jealous to hear that you saw Neil Diamond. He's timeless.

Alison, Enjoy your visit with the inlaws. I hope AF leaves you as fast as it did me. These 1 day AF's are great since I got the ablation, it all the stuff that comes prior that is the killer part now.

Happydance, Glad you found your way back! How do you like the Nutrition? I lost 2.5 lbs in the first week. If I get back on track here again, I hope to lose another 2.5 this week. I'm going to have to sub the PS series too. I'm thinking of using GS too, it's just that we will be doing GS 2 wks in a row. I'll enjoy that more than if I subbed with S&H. I can't really get into the SH dvds.

Teresa, I forgot stretch max too yesterday. But I have a good reason....need I refer to "the man" again?:confused:

Murphy, Glad you are joining us for the aug rotation too. Let's hope the subs work well. I get stumped subbing sometimes but then I figure that it's better than doing nothing!

Everyone have a great day! Yea, can you tell I'm feeling better today?:eek:

I was focusing so much on the negative, that I forgot to tell you all the best part about moving my DS. My DH complimented me on my muscles! :D I'm hoping that my progress gets him off his butt to exercise more! He did Providence Friday and complained all day Saturday about his glutes hurting. Don't you just love it!

Hi everyone,

Today I did All Out Infused Step with Gay Gasper. I really like this w/o and should do it more. It's a great intermediate step w/o for those who like to step. I had fun with it today.

Lisa, I'm assuming "the man" is still living. :D I can't believe you girls are doing 2 w/os together. I'd be worn out. Especially Providence and PUB.

Mary, I hope you feel better soon.
59e1524572551e6650b432933383a5bdd529deb.gif

Alison, have a great trip!

Murphy, I'm not a lover of hardcore aerobics either. I think your subs will be fine.

b63253f4077be57d1b463f7e2e79b8c9dec87ca.gif
HappyDance. Good luck with the nutrition manager.

Hi Teresa, good luck to you also with the rotation.

I don't know if I'll get a w/o in tomorrow or not. I have to take my DM out and I have the youth from church coming tomorrow night to swim. It doesn't look promising. Keep up the good work girls.:D

Hi, Rhondalyn, how fun to find you here! I'm definitely over 40 and definitely trying to fit - so if you gals don't mind I may also check in with you here. (I also check in with the Commit to Get Fit & Lean gang most days)

Today I did Muscle Max. Love it, love it, love it!

I, too, am doing the Cathe Aug rotation (started yesterday) with just a few substitutions.

Fun to see other of us 40+ gals here :)

Cheryl

Hi Everyone!

Forgot to check in yesterday, but am doing the August Rotation, too.

Cheryl, it's good to see you here! I'm about to order MM.

Rhondalyn, I should check out the Gay Gasper w/o.

Lisa, Alison, Vilma, Mary, Teresa, Murphy, Happydance and anyone else I forgot - hope you had a great day.:D

see you tomorrow,

Hi all

Looks like there've been some serious workouts so far this week!

I'm not following the August rotation as this month is broken up with holidays so I'm just doing what I feel like each day. Today I'm planning an Amy Bento Slo-Mo - probably chest.

Lisa
Glad you got 'the man' sorted out! Impressive that your DH commented on your muscles!:eek:

Rhondalyn
Do you have a pool?!! Lucky you, if so!

Cheryl
MM is one of my favourites as well.

Alison

Sorry to hear about your DH but I hope you have/had a good trip.

Bye for now!

Hi everyone! Those of you doing the rotation sound like you are doing great! We are off to the beach for the week. I think I will be doing some power walking while we are gone. Did GSL yesterday and will do GSCT before we leave. Thank you for the well wishes, still have the cold , but was able to sleep last night. Thanks! Hi to all, talk to you next week! Mary

I survived IMAX3 today.....barely. :D I almost landed on my butt during one of the blasts:eek:, but I caught myself with my strong legs as I stumbled over the step. :p

Mary, I'm sooooo jealous, the beach sounds like heaven to me right now.

Rhondalyn, yea, the man is still alive, in fact I'm going to have to be nice to him as he has heard some news about his 89yo dad is not doing well, refusing to eat/drink.

Ronne, I was amazed he commented on my muscles too. He is a great guy though, no matter what I said about him these last couple of days. :eek:

Cheryl, welcome to this crazy over 40 group.

Hi to everyone else and all who follows. I hope my "man" stories gave everyone a chuckle. :p I'm laughing about it now that I'm not "in the moment". Crazy hormones.

Hi girls,

I'm checking in real quick because I don't have much time. I didn't get a w/o in today but I did do my Push up challenge and some wall squats. That's a pretty good w/o in my book. ;) My push ups were 12/12/10/10/12, with a 90 second rest in between. I think this is going to get hard real quick. :eek:

3121534e7e501b6d1a41798b6275b647f6b4f1c.gif
Hi Cheryl, I wanted to get in on the STS fun. I've always lurked over here from time to time and there have been times when I wanted to post but never really felt comfortable doing so. I thought joining a check in would be a great way to meet people. It's good to see you.
d5825694b57375d019063a1e2b7842a4e14c991.gif

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about your FIL.

Ronne, yes, we do have a pool.

Lucy, do you have any other w/os of Gay Gasper?

See ya'll tomorrow hopefully with a real w/o to report.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.