40 & over checkin - week of 8/24

fitover40

Cathlete
Getting the thread started for the week.

A bit of sad news here, my FIL passed away yesterday. No matter how prepared you are it still affects you.

Now onto the workouts.

I don't feel like working out today, plus it is my rest day. But since DH won't do any exercise unless I do some (even in another room), I'm going to do B&G Ab section. I may do a bit of stretching, depends how I feel when I get going.

Hi Everybody-

Sorry I haven't been posting lately - life gets in the way sometimes. I haven't been exercising every day but at least get in 3 to 4 days a week and my allergies have kicked in - so I feel really whipped. I have started taking Loratadine (allergy med) so hopefully I can see an increase in energy.

Lisa - I am very sorry to hear about your FIL. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

My plan is to do the last week of the August rotation and try to eat cleanier and start writing down everything that I eat. During vacation, my eating got out of hand and now I have some added pounds. I don't like feeling this way so I really have to get serious.

My daughters and I watched 27 Dresses last night and it was a cute movie. Tonight's movie will be Vantage Point.

Have a good evening - see you tomorrow.

Abbie

Hi all, Lisa, I am sorry to hear about your FIL. You and your family are in my prayers. Not much new here, just busy with last minute school stuff. We had to go to Walmart, again, and on a Sun. it was so crowded, with school starting this week, I got my toe stuck on the wheel of the cart(flip-flops) now it is fat and swollen and doesn't like shoes. I was going to do LM this am, ended up doing MM,didn't have to wear shoes for that. Maybe tomorrow it will feel better. Hi to Abbie, I have the movie 27 Dresses, haven't had the time to watch it yet, it looks like a good chick flick, how was the other? Hi to all that follow, have a good day. Mary

Howdy all....I did 4DS Bootcamp/Tri/Bi today. I'm enjoying doing 2 days of 4DS a week and 1 day of kettlebells and 3 days cardio.

Thanks for the well wishes. We'll be okay, it is just a shocker when it finally happens, and then to realize that my kids have no more grandparents and my DH and I are now the oldest generation. :eek:

Abbie, Vantage Point was good, I haven't seen 27 dresses mostly because my house is a testoserone filled house. :p

Mary, good sub for when you can't wear shoes! Hope your toe is better soon so you can do LoMax...oh, that one is a killer, isn't it?

Howdy to all who follow, take care.

Hi everyone,

I had a good weekend exercise-wise. I am nice and sore, just how I like it. :) I did Muscle Max on Saturday and Michael Olajidae's ab box dvd yesterday. I was supposed to do Slow and Heavy this morning but was so tired. I plan to do a power walk tonight to make-up for it.

Lisa - sorry to hear about your FIL. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Abbie - I saw Vantage Point. I enjoyed it but you have to pay attention so you don't miss anything.

Hi girls,

I did the Cardio and Wts premix of BM2. This one sped by. I was dreading 70 minutes but was pleasantly surprised. It was fun.

I ate like a pig all weekend and that was fun too. :D
ace35f9444b77da55b3d1c906082d40eac9e751.gif
I think I'm satisfied for a while anyway. ;)

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about your FIL. It is always hard.

Hi Abbie, I hope your new med helps. My kids all suffer from allergies so I know it's a pain.

Oooh, Mary, that sounds painful and like something I would do. :eek:

Sorry, double post. The thing was taking forever to load for some reason.

Hi Murph, we must have posted at about the same time.:)

Last edited:
Lisa please accept my condolences. So sorry to hear about your FIL.

I just went through a 3 yr anniversary of my dad's death this past Saturday and any death no matter if its expected or not is always a shocker. How is your DH handling the loss of his dad? I hope you guys are doing well. Big hugs to you and yours.

Hellos Ladies sounds like you all are doing well :)

As for myself I did CCv6 (S) today and have started the PU challenge then tested UB for the 1RM. Testing in itself is a workout in my honest opinion.

As of today Monday all of the kids are back in school.

I finally had some time to do my run and testing without any distractions.

Sometimes just having the house quiet just helps my entire mood and helps re energize. I have sorely needed it in the past 2 weeks as I'm still dealing with my depressive funk. With the kids at school I was able to focus on myself for a bit and it so helped me clear my mind.

As much as I have tried to quiet my head to meditate its hard when there is so much going on at home.

Have a great day!

picture.php

Hello-

Today I did 4DS Kickbox with Tri/Biceps and Power 90 dvd Abs (which I picked up at Goodwill for $2.99:eek:) also power walked the dog for 30 minutes. Dinner tonight was tilipia cooked in the iron skillet with fat free Zesty Italian dressing (from the Taste of Home Healthy Cooking ) along with Jasmine Rice and zuccini and yellow squash.

Lisa - What kettlebell workout you are doing? I might follow along. I need to preorder the Anthony/Beth Part 2 Kettlebell dvd. I think the preorder ends tomorrow.

Mary - Hope your toe is feeling better, we didn't get to Vantage Point yesterday but watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics (Dr. Seuss (sp?) on drugs lol - somone called it)

Murphy - Thanks for the heads up on the movie. Hopefully we can watch it tomorrow night. So, is the ab box dvd worth getting? I have to check Netflix for it.

Rhondalyn- Thank you and yes the allergy meds really made me feel alot better. It's amazing what a difference they can make.

Vilma- Good job on your run and the testing. I haven't ordered STS as I am still working my way through all my other Cathe dvds, Amy's and Tracey's also. Maybe some day:)

Have a Good night -

Abbie

Hi everyone,

I've slowly started moving out of my workout slump and getting back into. I managed to workout all each day over the weekend and yesturday taking today as a rest day so I'm feeling good.

Lisa - Very sorry to read about your FIL.

Its so true, you never really are or can prepare yourself its still an awful time.

Hi to you all, I'm off to take my weary body to bed.

Hellow everyone! Well, I felt like some torture, so I did B&G today. Somehow I got off of the Aug 08 rotation. :confused:

Murphy, don't you just love that sore feeling.....we are sadistic aren't we? Maybe that's why I chose B&G today, I just know my glutes will have some sort of soreness tomorrow.

Rhondalyn, I was starving all weekend and all I did was eat (but healthy stuff). And now I'm another 2 lbs down. :D Now I'm starting to crave some chocolate , Yep, it's coming up on AF time! I've been watching the Healthy Decadence show with Devin Alexander on FitTV and she made some double Chocolate brownies, YUM. Hopefully I have all the ingredients because I'm dying to make it today!

Vilma, Isn't it great to have the kiddos back in school? But more importantly back to a schedule? DH is doing OK, thanks for asking. I know about those anniversaries too, I'm coming up on 6 yrs for both my Mom and Dad....honestly I didn't feel even close to normal until the 5 yr mark. More because of Mom as she was my BF.

Abbie, I only have KBway (the first one), and I've preordered the second. I think Rhondalyn has more of the others if you want a synopsis of those. I've rearranged my whole plan for the week because of obligations and that my shoulder needs to rest, I think that's why I switched it up with B&G.

Andrea, Great job on getting back to your workouts, doesn't it feel good? I sleep sooooo much better when my body is just craving rest.

Everyone have a great day, and hi to everyone else and all who follow.

Hi everyone,

I could not sleep, plus I did not get my power walk in yesterday so, at 2:30 am I decided to exercise. I made up for yesterday with the aerobic premix on DM and then did SH legs. While I was doing DM, I realized that that is a leg work out by itself. I could not believe what I had done to myself. Anyway, I completed both and went to bed for 2 hours, then I had to get up for work.

The good news is that I am noticed I have been able to up my weight poundage lately. I was very proud of myself. I also noticed that the once-too-tight sleeves of a shirt were not-as-tight yesterday. Yahoo!

Abbie - I really like the abs dvd. The first half works the core with boxing moves and the second half is floor work. I always feel it the next day (and a few days after that) plus you get an aerobic work out too.

Lisa - I got off the August rotation too and had to start over. I went away for a week and instead of just picking up where I left off, I started over again. I don't know why, just crazy I guess.

Murph

Murph,

OMG
are you crazy working out at 2:30 am?????????????

Good for you!

That's either insanity or dedication!

Hi all, Hope you all had a good day. Murphy, you started your day earlier than the rest of us. Didn't anyone in the house say anything about you working out in the middle of the night? And I can't believe that you did DM AND SH Legs in the middle of the night, went to bed and then went to work 2 hrs. later? Are you exhausted? Lisa , hope all of you are doing well. Vilma, good to see you back. My kids go back tomorrow, I am excited about the 1hr and 45 min. I will have alone tomorrow. I was an only child, I'm used to lots of quiet time, these 3 don't allow much of that! Hi to Andrea and Abbie. I just fed the kids dinner, need to decide on a workout, probably cardio , under an hour. Have to get everyone ready for the big day tomorrow and get myself ready for work. Have a good night. mary

Hello All!

Dinner has been cooked, the kids are quietly doing their homework and soon I'll be needing to wake up DH so he can get ready for work, figured I had some time to check in with youse :) :cool:

Today I did 4DS LIS along with continuing with the 1RM testing.

I also was able to order my adjustable, washable weighted vest that I'll be using when lifting a loaded barbell over my head for leg work .

Abbie ~ your dinner last night sounded yummy! I wish I knew how to cook fish without over drying it. I've given up on trying to cook fish here.

Andrea ~ Here's hoping you find some rest.

Lisa
~ I also felt like I went off Cathe's rotation this month but I'm doing it somewhat this week albeit the workouts listed per her plan are not on the same days :eek:

Not sure if I'll be following a rotation for September at the moment (although I tend to change my mind often) and just do what I want for fun

Since I've been testing my 1RM lately I'm finding myself with more DOMs than usual for the muscles I'm testing. Sadistic maybe we all are as that just tells us we worked those muscles good
005.gif

Murph ~ I've been known to do just that exercise when the world around me is asleep. You Go Girl!

Mary ~ Thanks I'm glad to be back and somewhat feeling like my chipper self. I think the frantic noise also didn't help my anxious mind so having them back to school along with the house being quiet has helped me.

Although I'm not an only child I did grow up as one as I'm the youngest and my siblings were up and out of the house starting when I was 7 yrs old. I was the menopause baby and my growing up years all my sisters were already married with families of their own.

So I do need my quiet time.
023.gif

Time to go and wake up DH and spend some time with him before he's off.

picture.php

Hello everyone. I got Step Blast done today and boy did I have a blast! :p

I want to thank everyone for their well wishes, the sincerity and emotion of each of your posts came through loud and clear which is sometimes hard to do with the written word. Thank you again.

Anymore middle of the night workouts Murphy?

Mary and Vilma, enjoy your alone time. I like alone time too, maybe it's because I'm the youngest of 4 and I seem to remember that I was real good at entertaining myself even when I was young, playing with barbie's etc.

Hope you all have great workouts today!

Hi everyone, I am in the middle of being alone in my house and I am enjoying every minute!!! Last night I did basic step, normally I do step on 6", last night I tried it with 8", and boy those 2" made quite the differece! It was like doing a whole new workout! Today I think I will do GS CT. I'm trying to get my upper body stonger, I'm kind of dreading all the push-ups and pull-ups that hopefully will be arriving in the mail sooner than later. Lisa, I hope all is well with you and your family. Vilma,hope you too are enjoying your alone time. I think it help rejuvenate the spirit. Hello to all that follow. Mary

Hi all,

I'm having a busy week but wanted to check in real quick. I did Cardio/Sculpt with KCM this morning. I love her cardo. It's always fun.

Another loner here. I love my family but I love my solo time too. ;)

Mary, I never use the 8" step.
6ff25bb4537425761696f19bf183a1e0b3c6ba4.gif
Too much for me. :D

Oh, Lisa, I'm going to have to check those brownies out. I love brownies.
c5915a4271521f6d323798b2a6f3460e3d69c72.gif

Check out this cake I made for church tonight. It's the firs time I've tried it but I thought it would be fun and that the kids might enjoy it. It's a giant Hostess cupcake with cream filling and all. I've got to help feed and serve the new members class tonight. I also made an Italian Cream cake.
giantcupcake5.jpg

Hi Vilma, I'm glad to see you're feeling better.

Murph,
d6935a894c697baf5efe154f66b9c298bc22b37.gif
I bow down to anyone who can work out at 2:30 in the morning. ;)

Abbie, if you come cook tilapia for me, I'll give you some cake. :D

Hi Andrea!

Hi everyone,

Today I was normal, no "in the dark of night" exercise sessions. :) Today I continue with the S&H series, chest and back. I was thinking of doing S&H bi's and tri's tomorrow b/c I am scheduled for DM and am not sure if I am ready to face it again. I need to find another aerobic-ky dvd. I don't have a lot of Cathe's step workouts b/c I really do not like step aerobics (step-challenged) but I really like her bootcamps and kickbox ones. Oh well, we shall see how I feel in the morning.

Murph

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.