40 & over checkin - week of 12/21

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi ladies! Getting us started for the week, I'm afraid this may be a quiet week here. :confused: I did GS Back/Biceps PM x 2 today. Hope everyone can keep up with their workouts and eating! I for one will be taking 2 rest days this week and I'm keeping my eating somewhat in check.:(

Thanks!

Hi! I'm cautiously reporting that DS is on the mend (was able to eat today -- hooray!), and DD has recovered also. I think she's getting (or has gotten) a cold, but at least that doesn't involve so much extra laundry as the stomach thing did! Thanks to everybody for the good wishes and much-needed encouragement!

I did Kettlebell Way 2: Empire State this morning (for the first time). DH thinks it looks dangerous (all of that swinging!), but I've assured him that I watched the tutorial and have read The Great Kettlebell Handbook, so I should be okay.

I'm hoping to see some of that miraculous improvement in my backside and thighs (as reported by so many others)! It will be worth the risk of dropping a KB on my foot if I see results.

I know it will be a quiet week here on our check-in thread, but I wanted to wish all of my 40+ friends a safe, happy, and healthy winter break! We'll be off to the partly sunny and moderately warm Bahamas for a week on Friday, so I'll also say Happy New Year, too!

HI everyone. I know it will be very quiet around here this week, I think this will be my last quiet moment until friday! Kathryn, I hope that you and your family have a magical week on your vacation. Enjoy every moment. Lisa, Happy Holidays to you and your family, I hope all goes well with your sisters. Vilma, Merry Christmas. Hope you are on the mend. Andrea, is it warm where you are? It is summer, right? I am jealous if it is, It is 9 degrees here, I will think of you fondly on the other side of the world! Ronne and Murphy, Merry Christmas to you also. Rhondalyn, if you are lurking... Hello! I will be keeping up with my w/o's and enjoying every treat I can find, I know STS will whip us into shape in Jan.! If I can't get back again... Merry Christmas! Mary

Hi to all!

Its nearly christmas! i love Christmas!

I will be around, this week. Sadly no jet setting for me!
I think I may as well give up on working out this week its utter chaos around here! But heaps of fun and excitment!

Kathyrn - those Kettlebells Sound Dangerous!!:) Glad to hear everyones on the mend. Now you will have a really wonderful holiday as everyones already been sick. Take care, have a really wonderful christmas. Please post us holiday happy snaps! HAPPY NEW YEAR to YOU as well. Sending you great big, super cyber hugs and kisses.

Mary - Its is warm here. I've been out in the garden the last two days and got burnt yesturday, so I covered up today but I was terribly HOT!

Lisa - I've been meaning to tell you, i've started taking super dooper doses of vitamin B in all honesty, theres been no real magical change. In fact worse. Remember last week I posted about ultra short "cycles" that is lasting waaaay too long. i'm over it quite frankly! BUT I have also started to take spirilena and wait for it, you are all going to go -OHH YUK! NO WAY! I say -YES WAY. Its Sheeps Placenta. Its supposed to be wonderful for the anti aging. To be honest, My skin is looking better, clearer. My husbands taking it all too!!! can't believe that! But anyway he is. Sop tehre you have the latest in the "Andrea keeping young and youthful without the knife procedures" We shall see. Some women are paying a fortune to place it directly onto the skins surface. I'm not paying as much money and I'm putting it into the boday.

Hi to those who follow.

Hello Dahlings! :D

Lisa so this is what the last week of FF's rotation ? How has it been for you? Any results?

Kathryn kettlebells are not dangerous as long as you know what your doing - It does look dangerous and can be if you don't follow proper form. As I'm sure you told your dh- mine doesn't want to even bother with them at the moment although while he's watching tv I'm standing a few feet from him swinging lol

So how did you enjoy KBW-ES ?

Mary for me I will probably be quiet on the boards but I can assure you my house will not be quiet as the kids are out of school and after awhile they start to rub each other the wrong way. Ugh!

Andrea no jetsetting for me but totally understand the excitment and utter chaos. I was making cookies last night for Santa but ermm I'll need to make another batch of cookie dough and save to make on Christmas Eve as the family & I got into them.

Hmm spirlina sounds interesting:D If it works why not eh?

---
I will be posting sporadically throughout until the kids are back at school and my schedule gets back to some type of normalcy.

I'm back to feeling better but my 10yr old DD had what I had thought to be a flare up of her asthma due to being sick after a week of constant coughing and breathing treatments I finally took her in to the doctor and she also had bronchitis :(

Thankfully she is now on the mend w/ antibiotics and a stronger cough syrup.

I didn't get much sleep at all during the week tending to her and just checking on her breathing.

I'm working on a kettlebell rotation for myself using the dvds I have along with my Cardio Coaches & iTreads for Jan.

I have actually lost weight :eek: I was not expecting it at all but my appetite is just not there and my before bed time bowl of cereal has been replaced by just some warm soy milk. Guess its working along with major DOMs in you guessed it my backside thanks to just swinging my kbells usually I try for 100+ swings going at a fast pace laddering between my lite and semi heavy bell.

I need a 35 # bell I may order it from Perform Better as I heard no shipping ?

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

20.gif

picture.php

Hellooooo ladies! Can you believe Christmas is already upon us this week?

8_2_105.gif

Vilma, Yes, this is the last week of the FF rotation. I have seen strength gains and some added definition. I haven't seen any reduction in weight on the scale, either my muscles are holding onto water or I'm adding the same poundage in muscle as I may have lost?!?:eek::confused: Regardless, my goal was not to lose any weight, sure I could stand to lose another 5 lbs, but I'm happy enough where I am and am looking for the muscle definition. I'd love to to a body fat analysis again at work, hmmm, wonder if I can squeak that in somehow. It's good to hear your daughter is doing better. We've only had slight cold viruses here and I hope it stays that way!

Andrea, very interesting supplement! I've never heard of that, it's amazing at what they find! I've found with taking 3 fish oils a day (instead of just the 1 I was taking --I'm cheap) is helping my skin not be as dry. That's a major feat here in Colorado. I did finally break down today and slather on some lotion all over my itchy body.

Mary, enjoy the holidays, before you know it the kids will be grown and gone. Thankfully my boys have always gotten along real well. Maybe that's because one is so much like me and the other is so much like DH, and then DH and I get along well complimenting each others weaknesses, so guess that's why the boys get along so well. It's interesting seeing them grow into the adults they will become and sometimes you wonder how the heck they know/do the things they do <she says as she puffs out her chest all proudlike>.

Rhondalyn, are you going to join us again soon, we miss you!

Murphy, how are you doing? Sticking with the workouts?

Hellos to Kathryn and Ronne (whom I know is enjoying her DD visit) and anyone else I may have missed. Take care eveyone!

Hi ladies.

Its christams eve (night) here and I'm sitting up waiting to play santa. I think I'm more excited than the children! I've still some wrapping to do, but I'm scared if I start the "snoops" will turn up!

I'm wishing you all a verry happy christmas!
Love to all, its been great connecting with you girls throughout the year, and I'm looking forward to next year with you all.

love, me. XXxxxxxxx

How was everyone's Christmas? For those of you with small children I'm sure it was a blast! I remember those wonderous days.

I got up early and decided to do Drill Max Ultra cardio premix. I needed the endorphin rush since I haven't been getting as much cardio as I would like with this FF rotation. I've gained 3 lbs this last month, and my eats have been pretty good (not bad enough to gain 3 lbs!), so maybe it's some muscle and some water weight.

We don't give many gifts since the kids are grown now (they get money, much more useful). We did plan this Christmas to have Family game time and I bought a couple of new games for us to play. We had a lot of fun (Mad Gab is fun if you've never tried it). It was an especially good way to pass the time since DS19 GF of 3 yrs spent the day with us.

Hope you and yours had a wonderful day!

HI Lisa!

Merry Christmas Everyone! I hope everyones had a really wonderful time!

We've had a lovley christmas and the girls just loved it!! Santa bought them heaps of surprises. I was just as excitable as they were!

Boxing Day, was a family get together at my place, which has only just finished and I am totally exhausted! My husbands already taken off to bed!

i am challenging myself to get two workouts in over the weekend. I'ver got to move the jigly bits before they move in for good!!

I'm off to bed, goodnight ladies!

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great Christmas! It was very nice here, the kids were so excited! Not much sleeping was done here, waiting for Santa! Now I need to get busy! Haven't worked out since Mon! So here I am stalling! I wanted to say Hi to all of you! I love everyone getting together, I do need to get back into my routine. Hope you have a good day. I'll talk to you all later. Mary

Sounds like everyone had a nice Christmas...I can't wait for the day when we have little ones around (er, as in the form of grandchildren and hopefully not for many years!) I have some goodies left over that have been calling out to me today :eek::confused:, I resisted as best I could and did a pretty fine job of it if I do say so myself.

Today I did GS Shoulders and Biceps and CM seg 2. Tomorrow I'll be doing CCPP + bonus.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.