40 and Hot 8/02/10

Murphy

Cathlete
Hi all. I did not see a thread so I thought I would get us started. I am still doing my Wii 6-week challenge. It is slightly better but still not Cathe. Okay, speaking of Cathe, I am so excited to see that she is planning 4 more workouts. I guess she heard our pleas and tears. :p Holiday season you think?

Murphy

Hi there

Thanks for getting us started Murphy. Well done for sticking with the Wii challenge. I haven't seen anything about new DVDs! Must go and have a look.

Got back from the festival last night. Camping isn't really my thing but we had a great time. Saw some good music, DD had loads of fun, making stuff, getting her face painted, going on rides, etc. Ate really well, there were some great food stalls. Now just need to catch up on sleep. No workout for me today. Just too tired! And too much washing and unpacking to do!

Hi everyone, just realized I hadn't checked in yet! I did NOTHING today :( I didn't sleep well (worrying about kids - out late, broken hand, etc). DH didn't sleep well either (worrying about kids but other things), so guess we had all our bases covered with worrying :)

Moving was HOT and exhausting! I did nothing on Saturday (the old bod had to recooperate), and Sunday I did Drill Max, Monday, nothing...I do plan to do Chest from STS Meso 2 ---I'm trying to do one body part a day M-F for UB.

I was excited to see the new DVDs too! Holiday release would be great, hmmm.

I better run, thankfully it's almost time to go home!

Hi all. Still with the Wii. Today was better. I changed the settings and upped the intensity and added teh balance board. It is still low on the calorie burning and I am not sure how to make it even more intense. ??? Has anyone decided on which option of the new workouts they are going to get? DVD, DVD/Download or download only. I will probably get the combo package. I like my dvd's; I am not sure if I EVER plan to use the Workout Blender but I like having the option of making my own workouts. Plus, and more importantly, I am just a sucker for a Cathe-anything. :)

Lisa - I would say that moving was plenty of exercise for the weekend. I cannot believe you did DM after that. You really put me to shame with your workouts.

Murphy

Hi girls

Lisa - I agree with Murphy, moving counts as a full body/cardio workout! Can't believe you worked out the next day. Sounds to me like you need a holiday. Fancy a cruise?! :p

Murphy - so what exactly are you doing on the wii? is it cardio?

Today I did a KCM double, Muscle Definition followed by Body Training lower body. It was tough. I've decided to have a break from Cathe till I go on holiday. Now I've seen a bit more info about the new DVDs I think I will end up doing the presale. I wasn't sure about the STS and the Lower Body Blast (you know how much I like B&G!) but I think the price is good as I guess they'll each be about $25 at least. Think I'll stick with just the DVDs for now though.

Back to work!

Hi everyone, I'm going to have to make this quick. 3 people were out last week and 2 still out this week so it's been crazy busy here. But I'm not letting it stress me (or make mistakes....yet?!?!)

I ran 5.5 miles today. I was up way early (guess I'm in the not sleeping phase again for the montH, ugh).

I'm not sure if I'll get just dvds or the combo (depends on the difference in price). Maybe they've announced the price and I just havent' seen it yet?

Ronne, I hate lower body anything, but I'm finding my lower half that hasn't really been a problem (I'm more an all over problem area), anyway my butt is NOT getting any smaller, ugh, could it be the sliding toward 5-0 thing? My birthday is this month and I'm on the downward hill side toward 5-0, lovely thought. In case that isn't clear, I'll be 46.

Murphy, The wii sounds fun, but not a cathe workout....that lady is intense! I feel so humble everytime I do one of her workouts thinking "this won't be so bad" and then....IT'S BAD!!!! It's kind of like a selective memory after having a baby....you forget how bad labor is!

better run....I've gabbed long enough!

Hi All,

No workout this morning. I was up all night coughing and when I finally fell asleep, the little one comes in and wants to talk/watch tv. I put her in the bed with us thinking it will quiet her down and I can attempt some sleep - she tosses and turns and talks and etc. As usual, I fall asleep as two minutes before the alarm goes off. I have to remind myself that one day these days will be the "remember when" days.

Anyway, anyone decide on the presale? I was talking to my DH last night and the more I talked, the more I decided on just the dvd's. I realized that I can barely check my e-mail and manipulate this site. Am I really going to use the Workout Blender? Um, no, not at least in the foreseeable future. Plus, if I feel the need, I can always get them later, my kids will probably have to help me... :)

Ronne - I am doing cardio and using the resistance bands/tubing with the Wii.

Lisa - August is your birthday month? Mine too, today actually - 41. When is yours?

Murphy

Hi

Happy Birthday Murphy!! Hope you get some treats, despite being woken up so early!
I think I'm going for just the DVDs. I don't want downloads taking up space on my computer and I'm not organised yet to link up our TV with the laptop.

Lisa - I think the price is $70 for the DVDs and $100 for both. It's good value. Hope you're not too run off your feet at work. And stop giving yourself such a hard time about your body. You're in great shape, enjoy what you've got while you've still got it! (lecture over ;))

Today I did In the Ring, went all out and burned over 600 calories according to my HRM. Really enjoyed it. I've got some DOMS though from yesterday's lower body work and they've got a lot worse after the kickboxing! Ages since I've had butt DOMS! It's not a pretty sight!

bye for now.

Sorry ladies, going to have to be a super quick post....work, ugh. I didn't do my 1 body part weights last night, means I need to do 2 tonight. I did do MMA Fusiion....it wasn't a pretty sight, never is, but it was even less pretty than normal. sweated a lot though.

Just DVDs for me.

Murphy, HaPpY bIrThDaY !!!! Mine is the 14th.

Ronne, butt DOMS? ooooh the visual, but feels good, right?

Oh, and my day started off awful, my BFF just lost her dog, guess he died in his sleep, I couldn't believe how I cried...I'm a wuss.

Hi all,

Still on the 6-week challenge. It was better today but maybe b/c there was more running and less Wii stuff. ???? Plus, there was some new balance board stuff.

Murphy

Hi there

Murphy - did you work out on your birthday? now that's dedication! Did you get anything nice? Any news on the house sale?

Lisa - I'm still feeling those butt DOMS :p! Sorry to hear about your friend's dog. I'm not surprised that set you off again.

I'm making the most of having a bit of time and doing longer workouts. Today I did the whole of Hi Low Cardio Knockout. 85 mins! Did some good ab work at the end as well.
I'm finding it really difficult to concentrate on work at the moment despite having some free days to get on with stuff. Keep messing about playing games, and just surfing. I need some willpower!

Forgot to say thank you for all the Happy Birthday wishes. I got a few gifts, my favorite is a set of cufflinks - superman, I mean SuperWoman/SuperMom cufflinks. They have the giant "S" Superman logo on them. My DH was on the site some time ago and I commented that he should get them for me, who knew he was listening!?

Ronne - nothing new on the house. We had someone who really, really liked it, but is a first time homebuyer and wants to look around some more. Please keep me in your prayers.

Murphy

Hey everyone! I wasn't feeling too energetic today and I was running late despite getting up on time(I just LOVE to relax with my coffee in the morning before getting started...my bad). I did do 35 min on the spin bike. I hear spinning is good for hips, we'll see. I haven't done the bike since long before summer! My cat was being nosey and since she can't see so well was down in the basement right where my spin bike is bumping into things, then got TOO close to the wheel of the bike and I was worried her tail would catch in it (or her whiskers)....hit the emergency stop and told her to go away :) I'm probably getting closer to her than I would like since she is old and will be gone soon too, but she deserves love, right? She's had a spot on her shoulder that just won't heal....I've had it bandaged up for 3 weeks now....I thought it was healed and within one day she had licked it red and bloody. Then I felt another lump on the other shoulder and she's always had a lump on her chin for a few yrs....I wonder if it's skin cancer tumors or something. She's 17+ so getting up there.

Murphy, did you bury the St. Francis statue that I think Mary talked about for selling the house? My Mom tried it....I don't think it helped and soon after she had the stroke and was gone so we sold the house cheap to be done with it (and played the pity card with the realtor who did the same with buyers) :) You probably got more for your birthday than I will.....no one buys for me because they never know what I want because when I want something I just go get it, besides I put down with the Cruise to Alaska that we were celebrating my birthday (event has to be 30 days prior or 45 days after).

Ronne, wow, what a LONG workout! I think I would have had to change clothes halfway through, I've been getting so sweaty lately. I'm so ready for cooler weather.

I ended up preordering both DVDs and downloads. I figured I'd kick myself later if I didn't since it was only $20 more because it had free shipping of the DVDS in USA(I guess a $10 value for me).

Hi everyone

Murphy - it's nice when you realise your DH has been paying attention!

Lisa - I love my morning coffee too. I don't drink a lot of coffee but the other day we'd run out so I had decaf instead. I developed a terrible headache which only went away when I had some proper coffee later. Addicted just from one cup!
It does sound like your cat might be hitting old age. I guess it's hard not to get emotionally attached to your pets (unless you're an unfeeling cow like me!! :p)

Today was the last of my long workouts. I did Kickbox Surge in its entirety, 75 mins. Felt good after that! Just taken delivery of the new KCM DVDs so I'll get a few short workouts in next week before we go on holiday!
Off to my parents this weekend to pick up DD who's spent the week there. I think they'll all be exhausted!
Have a good weekend everyone!

Still with the Wii. I cut it short today. There are some exercises that the Wii just does not seem to register. It is pretty annoying. It ended up being a 20 minute workout. The only plus is that there were a ton of lunges and lots of running.

Lisa - I think we have 2 St. Francis figurines burried out front. I should probably dig one up and move it to the other side so the front of the house is "covered". Right now they are close to each other. Sorry to hear about your mom.

Murphy

Another quick post from me, sorry! No weight work last night, decided to do the full back/bi from sts meso2 this morning, well, I was tired so I slept in, so no workout this morning.

I"M SO GLAD IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

I'm the only one in on my team today, I'm so over it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.