40 and fit

scubagirl

Cathlete
Hi girls! Hope you all had a good weekend. Today was PH, needed something quick, we are having our family room and kitchen painted, had to get it done before he showed up! I went to the local half-price bookstore today, I was soooo excited! Someone had turned in a bunch of Cathe dvd's! I was able to get HSC, SM, and Imax3 (I have hopes of one day being able to do it) for get ready...$20! There was a lot more there, but I all ready had them. Don't know what that lady was thinking? But very good for me! How are you Lisa, how is your foot? Any better? Ronne, did you try the boxing dvd? Did you love it? Murphy, how is STS going? Well, have to tidy up and make dinner, Also need to get ready for the next snowstorm. We were supposed to go to Virginia this weekend, haven't decided because of all the snow. Boy, am I chatty today! have a good night. Mary

Finally checking in, better late than never! Today was LIC cardio only. I noticed a total body premix on that one i may try someday...for some reason I didn't know it had one, but it intrigues me since I don't really like circuit workouts too much. Saturday I did leaner legs and Sunday GS BSB. I'm committed to low impact this week. My foot is getting better I just have to be smart and not keep pushing it (Ya, ya, Ronne, you told me so). Murphy, I got some mats, they should help as well. Hopefully the new treadmill will be here in 2 wks (they have to order it, I guess the one I want is pretty popular). We also plunked down some cash on a new roof and windows. Get that over with. a roof is boring, but at least windows should look nice and will be more low maintenance and better than what we have. What a deal Mary on those dvd's! I don't do Imax 3 much at all, I know Ronne loves that one (crazy lady). What's in VA? I better run, where did the day go?

Hello

Lisa - well done on the low impact. Hope the mats are helping as well.
We're getting a couple of new windows put in as well. Not very exciting but necessary!

Mary - lucky you! What a great bargain! Have you got a lot of snow at the moment?

Well, yesterday I did MMA Boxing for the first time. Really enjoyed it. I just love that type of cardio. Really liked the endurance drills and the ab work at the end was good. Today was L&G. My favourite part was the stretch!!

Have a good day everyone.

Hi ladies, today was GS CT, tomorrow will be a busy day so not sure if I'll get in to post or even workout (I'm due a rest day again, right?)

Ronne, I find it so cute that their sneakers are off during the stretch in L&G. I find it easier to stretch a little deeper without sneakers. We got about 6" of snow yesterday here.

Today is Maddy's 13th birthday! Wow, what a milestone, and we made it! She's doing well as long as I don't mess with what is currently working. I tried adding some probiotics and digestive enzymes to help her digestion, well, that made her worse. When will I learn to leave well enough alone??!?!?!?!??!!?

Hi all,

It was crazy here yesterday, barely got a chance to eat never mind get on the web. Anyway, I am still on track w/ the STS. I did not take the weekend off like is suggested b/c I knew I would have an unplanned rest day eventually and I did, yesterday. DH was taking the kids to a basketball game so I could have some mommy-time (anyone know what that is, I am still looking for it) but my little one had a fit and wanted to stay w/ me. What are you going to do. So, we had a "girls-nite" and had some fun - always a good thing.

Lisa - Happy Birthday to Maddy. Any cake or steak? I hope the mats help, they made a difference for my knees (the hard floor was really hurting my knees).

Mary - We are bracing for another snow storm too. Too bad I cannot find my really, really nice and warm snow boots. Packed away safe, safe from the snow. :)

Ronne - I love the boxing too. Those types of programs are my favorite too.

Murphy

Murphy, you will treasure that "girls - nite" moment. Good choice in bagging the workout!

No cake or steak for Maddy, just more of the mush I make her (gotta make more again ---- every 2-3 days). My DS said to put a candle in her freeze dried tripe patty she's loves every night before bed. Gosh that thing STINKS!

Hi everyone! It is snowing like crazy here, just finished shoveling, I know it will be the first of many! I did MMA KB today. I am really enjoying these shorter w/o's, so much easier to fit into life. Lisa, Happy B-day to Maddy! What is tripe? I don't think I have ever had it. I am not sure it is something I want to try. We put on a new roof 2 yrs ago., we helped, so that took a lot of the cost down. Of course at that time, I fell thru a vent hole and put a hole in the ceiling! The painter just fixed it, was a good memory! Ronne, good job on L&G, I need to get that one out again! Murphy, the time goes so fast, tho, I do crave my time alone, then when it gets taken away from me, I do get a little crabby! Have a good night everyone! Mary

Hello

Well, I tackled my first Hiit today, 40/20. Really liked it, tough but short is always my preferred option. I had to bail out on the butt kicks as I was getting a stitch but managed everything else. I didn't add on the KM conditioning after as I'm not mad! Did an extended 15 min stretch instead which was lovely.

Mary - snow - yuck! We just had a hailstorm and then snow but it's stopped, thank goodness. Sorry, had to laugh at the falling through the ceiling! I always dread that when I go up in the loft.

Lisa - Belated happy birthday to Maddy. Birthday mush sounds good ;)! 6" of snow!!! Aaarrgghh.

Murph - girls nite sounds nice even if unplanned :p

See you tomorrow!

Hey there, quick checkin. I did LM premix 4-7, but skipped 4 since I just did those darn slam-its last week, plus to shorten it a bit.

Mary, tripe is the stomach of cows (or other animal) and they blend it up with whatever is already in the stomach (so often times it's green because of grass). That's the dog version anyway....supposed to be very nutritious and easily processed by the kidneys (second to egg whites which she won't touch with a 10 ft pole, even if I mix something else with them--who knew egg whites could be so offensive? -- lots of the dogs on my kidney list don't like them).

Ronne, sounds like you did quite a bit! How many risers did you use? I was sucking air using the same # of risers as Cathe so I'll lower next time. Oh, and I agree, snow, ARG! But at least Maddy isn't eating it as much (and therefore causing her stomach to upchuck it's contents)...I think it's because she better hydrated with her mush. DH says the pills are sliding down easier too, and some of them she takes on her own now.

Hi Murphy, did you get some "me" time?

Well, off to start the rest of the day.......

Hi All,

Today was ccc. I was able to do the roll-tuck-choke-hold-thing but not the roll and then stand thing. I had to do some modifications 1/2-way through but I got through it. Tomorrow is legs. Is it just me or do the discs seem longer the 2nd go around? The first time I did STS the time flew by but now, it is "regular speed".

Mary - I must admit that I had to smile w/ the falling through the roof ceiling. :) BTW, are you in the northeast? We are getting slammed w/ snow too (NJ).

Ronne - I have not decided which is worse, 40/20 or pyramid wave. I think 30/30 is the easiest. Let me know what you think.

Lisa - where to you buy the tripe? I have never noticed it but then again I never looked. I actually thought it was a fish. :-0

Murphy

Hi everyone! Just finished circuit blast, need something quick, need to go out and shovel again! Everytime it snows my DH is at the fire station! Coincidence? Murphy, we are in Ohio, by the lake, gets us every time! I thought CCC was harder the 2nd time I did it too! I hope you shovel yourself out too! Ronne, I liked 40/20 the best, probably because of the 1 minute breaks! Those butt kicks, I do those on a lower step! Otherwise my face would fall on the step! Lisa, I definitley won't be having any tripe! Maddy can have my share. Good for you with LM, I kind of avoid that one for some reason. Well, off with my shovel, have a good day! Mary

Hi All,

Did legs today, disc 6. I forgot how more tired and hugry I was w/ STS. I have to try not to overeat.

Ronne - you are right, those 1 minute breaks in 40/20 are nice. I think there should be more. ;-)

Murphy

HI everyone, thought I'd post before this crazy day gets started. I decided to take a rest day since I didn't want to be hurried and I know I have "urgent" work issues waiting for me, ugh. "urgent" only because lack of planning on someone else's part became MY emergency...hate that!

Murphy, tripe sold in the grocery stores are bleached out and white. I think it's a Mexican thing? The stuff I get is from the dog food store....she loves these things that come in a bag, $15 for 30 of them. Oh my! I guess she deserves it! Congrats on the rolly things.....I don't think I'll ever be able to stand. And yes, once a workout becomes "familiar" it moves more at regular pace.

Ronne, so far I'm with Murphy, I like 30/30 the best (I've only done each of them once). Maybe I'll like the 40/20 once I lower the step.

Mary, you must get some wet heavy snow. Ours is mostly the champange powder (because it's so dry here). Sometimes squeaky when you walk on it when it is bitterly cold. The spring dumps some heavy stuff...that's when DH shovels (unless he is out of town). He will be going out of town next week and then the day after our 24th wedding anniversary this month.

Well, enough chatting...off to work

Hi all

Today I did LIC Upper Body Sculpt and 4DS Bootcamp. Pretty pooped at the end of that lot! I'd forgotten how much I like Bootcamp, I love some of those running around drills.

Lisa - my dad used to eat tripe, with onions. It's a really old-fashioned thing, from the days when every bit of an animal was eaten! When we had a dog when I was a kid, the only thing she would eat was cow's cheek. We had to boil it up on the stove and it used to stink the place out. She wouldn't touch tinned dog food.
I just had 3 risers on my step for 40/20. That's as high as my step will go (I have one of those that clicks in). That's plenty for me!
Hope your day isn't too crazy.

Murph - well, I probably won't get on to the other Hiits for a while as I don't think there are any more in the rotation. I can delay that pleasure for a while!

Mary - so you get stuck with the shovelling then?! How convenient :p. Is circuit blast one of the new ones? I'm losing track. I like the look of that one.

Anyway, better go as I've got to pick DD up from school. It's freezing here. No snow but it was -3C last night (that's probably a warm day for you lot at the moment!:D)

See you tomorrow.

Hi girls! Today was L&G, my legs are still burning. A lot of running today, work, a Valentine's party, my w/o, basketball practice, now a sock hop! Ronne, that sounds like quite a w/o! Maybe someday I will give it a try! Lisa, good rest day! I have to work one of those in soon! Snow wasn't too bad today, just flurries. Yesterday it was pretty heavy to push around, we need to invest in a snowblower, they kind of scare me. I worked in ER for a long time, we saw a lot of had injuries from them. Murphy, how is STS the 2nd time through? Well, have to get ready for my "dance" tonite! It is for the 4th-6th graders, parents have to stay, hopefully it will be entertaining! Mary

Hi everyone

Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday, Mary. Hope the 'dance' went well!

Today was 4DS KB. I realised that one of the reasons I really like it, is that it's slow enough to really concentrate on form. I can really put power into punches and kicks. Some of the more choreographed DVDs I have (non-Cathe) I'm so busy trying to remember the sequence that I'm not putting as much into it.

Better go as it's time to pick DD up from school. It's half-term next week so I won't be around. I'll see you all in a week.

Bye.

Hi everyone!

Ronne, I did 4DS KB today too! I only did the KB and ab parts. I woke up with a monster headache, it's better now finally but was throbbing still during the jumping jacks so I know I didn't put my all into it. I hate these headaches you wake up with (from sinuses).

Murphy, I think the pads are helping, felt pretty good doing the jumping jacks (except my head which has nothing to do with the pads). Or maybe my head hurt so much I didn't feel my foot/knee pain? lol I've also been taking Flexamin (glucosamine/condroitin/msm), I think that's helping my knee. DH has been taking them getting ready to ski on Monday with the boys (I'm not going, someone has to stay with Maddy so I'll just work and let them have some male bonding time)

Mary, how was the dance? Snowblowers scare me too....besides, shoveling is a good workout, right?

Glad it's friday! Have a good weekend all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.