12 Week Challengers.....Saturday the 16th

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, teammates! Happy Weekend!

(I'm going to copy and paste my post from my BFL thread to save me time....take no offense at my laziness :) ).

I thought DOMS were setting in last night, but this morning...NOTHING! LOL Geez...guess I'll have to work these legs HARDER next week! HA!

OK, after much debate with myself, I finally decided what my next few days look like. I need a rest day somewhere, so today is the day. I'm also switching Free Day to today for a few reasons. First, my DMIL is taking the boys and I out for breakfast and I'd like to just relax and enjoy SOMEBODY ELSE cooking for me. Second, we're going to the Farmer's Market for lunch today with my Aunt from MA, and again, I'd like to go and ENJOY somebody else's cooking. Oh, and I guess another reason today is free day is because I got into the Hershey Kisses at Dave's house last night! HA! So, from 10pm last night to 10pm tonight.....it's Free Day! NOW....REST DAY today also for several reasons. First, I did legs yesterday and I have my 7 mile long run tomorrow. I was going to do kickbox today, but then that left me the problem of trying to figure out when a rest day would be. Monday starts up again with BFL workouts, straight on thru the week. So it just made sense to make today a rest day!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...get all that???

I was going to sleep in, which I guess I did. I did, after all, sleep till 5:55am. That's 10 minutes later than during the week! HA!

OK...the plan for today is this: DMIL for breakfast at 9am. Basketball game at 1pm. Farmer's Market at 2:30pm. Most likely we'll be with Dave (SO) the rest of the night. I'm also going to be cooking today and tomorrow. Right now, in fact, I have some dried beans soaking for an hour so I can make White Bean Soup. LaundryMax today, and CleanMax all day tomorrow.

Tired of hearing me talk yet? BBL

Gayle

:)

Good early morning challengers !

Haven't been able to sleep since the lovely dog needed to go out at 2 A.M. Am very tired but had to get up to be one of the first on the board today}(

Haven't been able to fit in posting lately but my eating plan, pretty close to the Fat Flush plan, has been going well. Have dropped a few pounds and can feel the difference in my pants:7

Have been really good since Sunday and last night had 2 glasses of champagne to toast Valentine's day since DH had to play hockey on Thurs nite.

Today is SH legs for me. BBL after I catch up on the last few days posts.

And no Gayle, never tired of reading your posts ! That is why we are all here, not only for support but because it would cost just too darn much and take too much time to call each other to chat as often as we are able to post:p One of my favorite things about technology is the boards:D

TTFN

Good Morning Gayle and Jacque and all who follows!

Gayle- I so enjoy reading your post,your so funny! You have busy day planned,enjoy all the food and the bb game!

Jacque-sorry you didn't get to go back to bed after letting your doggie out :-( I too was interupted last night by a screaming younging(bad dream)Congrats on the pds lost!

Today is my rest/free day and i desperately need it too! Its TTOTM for me. The good news is the scale is back down to what I weighed last saturday :)!(its been up all week long and I couldn't figure out why,my period is five days early)

ok,talk to you guys later! Everybody have a great saturday!

ETA- I finally got the eating for life book and just absolutely LOVE the recipes in there! Im excited about trying them,they all look great!

Good Morning Everyone!

Just a quick check in before I get breakfast for DS and I! We are the only ones awake. I have to say, the bloating as went down since I stopped eating Steel Cut Oats...such a shame! I was enjoying them...oh well!

Yesterdays workout was a 3 mile run,4DSBC,4DSKB and PH. A little DOMS in my back and chest but nothing major. Im thinking about trying a new rotation. Maybe one heavy weight work on Mon (LB or UB) then on Wed and Fri doing full body workouts. I wonder would that be to much??? Hmmmm....
Not sure what todays workout is going to be. DS as a b-day party in the afternoon when I would normally workout so I told DH he has to watch him while i workout. Im thinking just a run and abs today. Not really in the mood to do step.
Yesterday was my cheat day. We had takeout for supper and I picked a fair bit in between.

Gayle** I copy and paste alot when I am short on time and unless the same people check in with you everywhere...then they will never know! LOL Like I know Ameila copies and paste ALL the time! hehe Enjoy your day, sounds like a very enjoyable one!

Jacque** Sounds like you are making some progress!!!!

Roxie** If I were you I would try to do 45-60 mins of cardio a day or 5 days a week. Not 7 days. Im not sure if that would be to much for you or not or if you have the time but if you aren't losing weight you could always try it.

Ameila**Again, I think you will lose your weight next week! Your lucky your not up starting TTOM!

I have to get some breakfast on the go!!

Lori:)

Good morning all!

Welcome to the weekend! We have a nice and easy weekend planned. DH is home, not on call so I have an extra set of hands with the kiddos. I think today's WO is 35 min on the TM. It's supposed to be a cardio day and I just got some new DVD"s in the mail, so I may break one of those out. I got Classics Vol 1, Cardio Kicks, SJP, and PH. We'll see how much time I have today. DS has a BB game at 2:00 and we have a dinner at 6:00. Plus I have some serious LaundryMax to do. I need to stay on task to get my WO in.

Gayle, enjoy your yummy food and rest day today!

Jacque, Sorry about the sleep interruption. Congrats on the weight loss! I think it was you that mentioned Fat Flush before. I checked into and it sounds pretty interesting. Is it pretty straight forward to follow?

Amelia, enjoy your rest day! WTG not gaining during TTOM. :) Let us know what you try from EFL. I am always looking for good recipes. :9

Lori, I hope you have a good run today. I say go for the extra weight days. You are only looking at 3 heavy weight days per week. I don't think that would be too much.

Alright, there is a dishwasher that needs my attention and I need to get my kiddos out of their jammies. Enjoy the weekend, all!

BBL!

Good Morning Everyone,

Iam getting ready to do timesaver blast #2 last time I do these workouts for awhile. Then I will do a stretch after. Tonite I may try and walk on the TM while I watch K-State play basketball. Don't know what meals will be like today I have to go to Wal-Martmax and buy groceries.

Gayle-Have fun today.
Jaque-I understand what its like to have your sleep interupted, my
DH leaves the house at 3am and he doesn't here his alarm its
up to me to get him up.
Amelia-Congrats on wt lose enjoy your free day.
Lori-the next rotation has me doing alot more cardio so I think I
should see some results. Thanks for the advice.

Everyone have a good day.

12-Week Challenge Check-in

Challengers:

Good morning! I kept pressing on this week with my 4-Day Split rotation. I listened to my body and chose lighter weights when necessary, but I faithfully followed my game plan. There will be plenty of time to play with lighter workouts after this 12-week challenge. The desire to faithfully finish a challenge for once in my life is greater than my desire to relax and take it easy this week. I will not likely plan another 12 weeks of heavy weight work without a break, but I am excited to see my results. I felt so accomplished after my workouts this week just knowing that I did not give up!

Laurie (my Biggest Loser trainer) taught a great class Wednesday night. Fun, fun, fun! I am not a calorie counter as I have shared before, but I have been saving my menus in case I got stuck and needed my trainer to take a look at my nutrition. When I returned to 3 meals and a snack, I did not redistribute the extra calories from the snacks I dropped. I have only been eating 1,400 calories a day! No wonder I am tired and hungry! Laurie does not want me to go below 1,800 calories a day with Cathe’s workouts every day. The guy who almost made the cast for Season 4 also had a copy of Jillian’s book that her team works through every season. Her calorie budget is based on height, weight, activity level, and exercise. Based on Laurie’s advice and Jillian’s formula, I need to eat 400 calories more a day.

I maintained my weight again this week, but I am smaller. My waist is way smaller! My chest is bigger though. When the guy who is keeping track of our progress sees my numbers, he will wonder if I had some work done. LOL! It’s all the push-ups!

I took a calculated risk earlier this week and decided to decrease my weights for a few days and pace myself until my energy was restored. I took Laurie’s advice to increase my calories and ate an Amy’s organic bean burrito Wednesday night (made with a whole wheat tortilla, pinto beans, and brown rice). I woke up Thursday morning bursting with energy and renewed hope. After my quiet time, I blasted through 4-Day Split Boot Camp and almost kept up with Cathe during the suicide runs. It was my best workout this year. I was also able to lift heavier than ever, which is good news because my biceps and triceps are my weakest parts. My arms are finally getting stronger!

I added an organic boiled egg and organic kidney beans to my salad and enjoyed extra servings of fruit and a chocolate coconut Thinkorganic raw fruit and nut bar for dessert on Valentine’s Day. It will be interesting to see if this breaks the plateau for me. My energy was consistently high, so this menu is a keeper. It is amazing the difference 400 extra calories makes. My body is rewarding me with abundant energy.

My cycle started yesterday, and I am tired again with cramps. I am looking forward to a restful weekend. After waking up at 3:00 a.m. and seeing that none of the challengers were awake yet, I curled up with a heating pad and fell asleep.

Marica, I am much more successful when I plan a week of menus in advance. I plan my menus for the week and make my grocery list. This saves me time and money. Grocery shopping is faster, and I do not waste money buying more fruits and veggies than I need for the week. By seeing a week at a glance, it is easier to ensure that I have a good balance and variety too. It is also a good idea for me to avoid thinking about food all the time. This helps greatly because I pack my meals and snacks every night while fixing dinner and simply eat what I planned to eat. I am not a fan of detailed record keeping, so this gives me a way to ensure good nutrition without dealing with food logs every day. I have often wondered if I should pack my meals and snacks for the weekend because temptation is not usually a struggle during the week when I do.

Gayle, enjoy the free day.

Jacque, what do you eat on the Fat Flush plan?

Amelia, have fun experimenting with new recipes.

Lori, are you allergic to gluten? I am curious why steel-cut oats would make you bloat. Steel-cut oatmeal with natural peanut butter and raw honey is my favorite breakfast.

Becca, Cardio Kicks was my first Cathe workout. Step, Jump, & Pump is my favorite circuit workout! Fun, fun, fun!

Roxie, have fun with Timesaver.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: 12-Week Challenge Check-in

Well my workout is done time to shower eat and clean then hit wal-mart. Iam so glad to be done with the timesavers, maybe I shouldn't stick to a rotation, but Iam still new to the whole wt. cardio thing that I don't know how to balance it all out.

Morning 12 Weekers! Busy day yesterday with DS and DD going in 2 different directions last night. Dance at one school, sock hop at the other. Did PUB last night after dropping off DD and went heavier with the weights than I ever have before! :) This morning I weighed myself and knew I gained before I even saw the number. Bad week of eating showed a 3 pound gain so now it’s time to whip my body back into shape. What’s the hardest Cathe cardio I own? MIC! Yep, I pulled that oldie but goodie out this morning and did the whole thing. Haven’t done this one in eons and man was it tough! I used a 4” step and still had to keep pausing (how embarrassing). Burned almost 800 calories!

Gayle – Enjoy your action-packed free day.

Jacque – Yipee for success on the Fat Flush plan!

Amelia – I have the EFL cookbook, too but have only tried a few recipes. Thanks for the reminder. I should dig it out and take a look again. What are you going to make first?

Lori – I read the other day you did 12 miles! Sounds like you have a real talent for running.

Becca – Enjoy your cardio today whatever you decide to do! And going out to dinner. Food always tastes better when someone else cooks.

Roxie – What rotation are you doing next?

Heather – Sounds like you did a good thing increasing your calories. For me, 1400 would make me cranky and there’s no way I would have enough energy to do my workouts.

I need to get going. Everyone have a great day!

Sue

Hey Girls,

I have a dilemia I need your help with. My DH likes bigger boobs he noticed today that with all my exercising mine are getting smaller he said I needed more fat in them. I'm 5'0 an bra size 34D. Who should I please more me or him. I like working out how can I make us both happy?

Hi all. Happy weekend to all.

I managed to try out my new Ryka's this morning with IMAx 2. They felt great. It's weird because the left feels bouncier than the right. As for the work out it was not a good day. No stamina. I really need to work on that the next couple of weeks. Maybe it was just an off day or I've waited too long to throw step back into my routine either way, I need more step.

No time for personals, but did want to throw out my opinion to Roxie's question. Unfortunately toning up and losing weight do often effect the breasts. But regaining weight does not necessarily make your breasts grow. If you were to put more fat back on your body, it might not go where he wants it to. It's a very touchy subject(no pun intended) so go about it delicately when you talk with him. Does he like how the rest of you has changed? Because those improvements would also disappear with fat increase. I would think most men would be ecstatic about a wife with 34D's, but I guess if he is used to more, I can understand his concern. Another thing to realize is that as women age, their boobs change anyway. The consistancy, the droop and the size do change over the years, so even if you weren't working out, you can't predict what they will do.

Sue,

I had Lainie on the open discussion forum come up with a rotation using all my DVDs. I just purchesed LIC so she incorperated that with the beginner set and LIS and Total Body Stretch I also have Turbo Jam that she put in it as well. On Tuesday she has me doing LIC Cardio Blast Timesaver premix. I watched it last nite and thats 48 mins of step it looked exhausting, but I know I can do it I'm hoping is the push I need.

Thank you dreamyjeanie, for the advice.

hey girls,just a quick pop in!

Im enjoying my cheat day so far!}( ;-)

Sue-I plan on making the turkey meatloaf first-since we haven't had meatloaf in a while! The only problem that I have with the book so far is that I checked it out from the library and there are just tooo many recipes in it that I like,too much to copy,so I will Have to buy the darn thing,LOL ;-) After the turkey meatloaf I plan on trying the chicken enchilada's! Which recipe's have you made from the book?

Roxie-Good luck with your new rotation! I LOVE LIC,havent done it in a while though! Thats was nice of lainie to make you a rotation,shes a sweety!

dreamyjeanie,i have wanted some ryka's for a while now. what kind did you purchase? There is a famous footware store that is close to me that sells them pretty cheap!

Heather-Yay on the smaller waist! Looks like your doing awesome on this challenge!:)

Becca-Congrats on your new Cathe workouts! I love new workouts,always exciting! What did you end up doing?

Hey to the rest of the gang! I need to start on my laundry now...I don't wanna x(

Amelia, I got the Enlight II's that everyone is always talking about. A couple of weeks back, someone posted that Sierra Trading Post had a limited number of sizes available on sale and my size was one of them so I thought I'd try them out. I have been using a pair of Reeboks DMX's that I just loved and can't find anywhere to replace. I hate to stop using the Reeboks, but they are so old they probably have no shock absorbtion in them at all. (but they are so comfy)

Gayle enjoy your day out with your MIL and Aunt.

Jacque, great job on dropping those lbs. Keep up the good work.

Lori, how long to you workout? Your workouts from yesterday would kill me.

Becaa, have fun with the new DVD's

Roxie, hope the next rotation gives you the results you want to see.

Heather, smaller waist, Yea! You'll probably see a loss this next week one TOM has past.

Sue, way to go on the calorie burn. With days like that those extra lbs will be gone in no time.

hello to everyone who checks in later. Hope I didn't miss someone.

Jean

Roxie – I think Jeanie offers pretty good advice on the breast issue. I’ve always had large breasts so even when I weighed 120 in college (I’m 5’6”) I still had a chest. The other side of the coin though is when I gain weight “the girls” get enormous and makes me feel self-conscious. I’d choose smaller breasts and a fit body anyday. I think you’ve got to do what makes you feel good about yourself. On another note, how nice of Lanie to come up with a rotation for you. LIC is a lot of fun.

Amelia – I haven’t tried the turkey meatloaf but it sure looks tasty. Here’s what I’ve tried and the notes I’ve written down. (I write a lot in my cookbooks!)

Deluxe Turkey Dinner – very good but mine didn’t turn out as pretty as the picture. ;-) It was runny so the next time I made it I cooked the turkey separately.

Baked Halibut - very good (I used cod instead).

Taco Pasta Salad - good. The recipe made a lot more meat mix than noodles. My kids enjoyed crunching tortilla chips on top.

Rosemary Chicken – Very good. Cooking over medium-high heat seemed too high though. Cooked on the outside fast so I had to throw it in the oven to cook the inside. Didn’t make the couscous so don’t know how that is.

Carrot Cake Muffins – Very good. I didn’t shred the carrots fine enough so I had big chunks in the muffins which I didn’t like.

Chocolate Oatmeal – Yum!

Fortified French Toast – Okay. . . I used chocolate protein powder since I didn’t have vanilla so maybe it’s better with vanilla.

Blueberry Blend – I like this mixed in a blender and then frozen. Refreshing snack in the summertime.

Sue

Good afternoon everyone!!! I just got done working out and am enjoying a smoothie made with BSN protein(vanilla), a cup of milk, 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries & raspberries and 1 tbsp of ground flax. YUMMY!! My workout today was ME (I matched Cathe!!!!) followed by a 1.4 mile run. It was supposed to be 3 miles but I just didn't have it in me. Oh well - I still burned 600 calories today!!

Tomorrow is my long run so I'm mentally preparing for that. I really, really, really, really want to run outside but we've gotten about 800 feet of snow this year (Iowa) and the roads are just not safe and almost no one has their sidewalks shoveled. And to top it off, we are in for another storm tomorrow. SPRING...PLEASE HURRY!!!

Gayle - we are NEVER tired of listening to you...only inspired!

Jacque - can you give us the quick and dirty on the Fat Flush diet?

Amelia - hope you are enjoying your day off!!!

Lori - ALL of those workouts yesterday? Girl I am impressed!!

Heather - I agree 110% on planning meals. I have found it essential to me staying on track. And yes, you definitely needed to up the calories!

Sue - Kudos on the calories burnt!

Jean - I just purchased my first pair of Enlight's, too! I do really like them. I had been wearing an old pair of running shoes. What a difference the new ones make!

Okay, off to work. It's tax season...so I guess it's TaxMax for me! LOL

Hey there everyone. Managed to get my sorry butt in gear and do a (short) WO today. iClimb 10 - only 20min, but better than nothing. Especially since I've been having trouble getting motivated for ANYTHING lately.

Food has been good today so far as well. Nice for a change. Not sure what's for dinner, but I'll try to stick w/ the clean eating theme. I just need to quit whining and EAT RIGHT.

Gayle, I hope you had a good day today.

Lori, hope you enjoyed your lighter WO today (I think that was you anyway)

Jean, nice to see you today.

Heather, WTG adjusting your WO to the way your body was feeling. Amazing what a few extra calories will do isn't it. I frequently find that I'm not getting enough when I follow certain plans.

Hi Roxie, Amelia, Sue, and everyone else.

I need to get going. Gotta figure out what we're eating for dinner. We were going to go out to a salad place, but DS isn't feeling great so I'll figure out something here. TTYL!

Sue-Thanks for giving me a heads up on the recipes you have tried! I will let you know how I like the turkey meatloaf!

ok,talk to you guys in the morning!:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.