12 Week Challengers, Feb 25

Good morning all - First, thank you very much for all your well wishes, I'm feeling 100% and ready to get back to this challenge with a full force!!! }( :7

Shirl: Thanks for the website. What PT certificate do you have and group fitness? There are so many PT certifications out there I don't know where to begin to get mine. Any suggestions?

Tonight I have two classes to teach and I can't wait to get back in the swing feeling better.

Got a call that another co-worker passed away on Saturday, UGH, so it'll be a sad day at work again. I think there is a black cloud over our school this year.

Have a great day everyone, I'll be back later and on a little bit longer this morning.

Marcia.

Good morning Challengers

I took another rest day yesterday so todays workout is a 30min run Interval and GS BSB,but first I will do my abb work!

Marcia-Im glad to hear that you are feeling better,but sorry to hear of your co-worker passing! Have fun with your step class tonight!

Hey to the rest of the gang! bbl

Thanks, Amelia, I sure will have fun with my class. I hope it's not canceled, we are getting a rainy, snowy mix in weather today. UGH! :-( Where is spring?????? Your workout sounds good! Have fun!

Marcia.

Good Morning Challengers,

Marcia, I'm sorry about the loss of a coworker. Are you a teacher and group fitness instructor? My degree is in Psychology, my cert. is from NASM for personal training, AFAA for group fitness and I just started the Lifestyle & Weight Management cert from ACE. I'm currently taking an online course from NASM OPT for weight management.

Amelia, Great workout!

Kath, I don't teach all of those classes every week. I offer that variety to the members and we rotate the classes. We do Boot Camp every Friday though. I teach TK 3x a week, PiYo 1x per week, BC 1x per week and 2 of the other classes per week. It's a lot of fun. Gosh, after looking at the classes and the fact that I do my own w/o's at home, I should look a lot better than I do. LOL Glad you brought this to my attention. I really need to watch my eating.

Well, now that I've talked about myself, I hope everyone has a great day. BBL

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good Morming Everyone,

Today was wt in day again no change. Didn't get up early to workout so tonite is LIC upper body premix. I didn't expect to lose anything after all I ate yesterday. Brkfst was IHOP strawberry shortcake pancakes, 4 sausage, and hashbrowns, but I didn't eat all the sausage or hashbrowns, probably about half. Supper was Olive Garden chicken fettucine alfredo and 2 breadsticks. My stomach is growling this a.m. don't get that.

Brkfst.-cereal, toast, and grapefruit
AM snack-banana and yogurt
Lunch-salad with grilled chicken and fruit
PM snack-larabar and apple
Supper-don't know yet I'm thinking grilled hambs.
Afterworkout snack-protein shake

Off to work have a good day everyone Marcia sorry to here about co-worker.

Good morning, ladies! Happy Monday.

Sorry, but I have to post and run to work (actually, WALK to work, but I need to leave in 5 minutes.)

This is my tentative plan of workouts for this week (of course this is subject to change, but I’m trying to fit in all my training runs around my schedule, AND include the 3 weight workouts for the week).
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Upper body, abs , 6-7 easy miles and FREE DAY!!!
Wednesday: Lower Body, 4-7 easy miles
Thursday: 8 miles with hill repeats
Friday: Upper body, abs
Saturday: long run of 8-10 miles (both kids have sleepovers Fri night, so I can get up early for an outdoor run Saturday!)
Sunday: Rest

I just got back from the grocery store, where I picked up just a few things that I needed. My Free Day is tomorrow, but I COMPLETELY avoided the processed cookie and cracker aisle. I don’t need that, not even on free day, right? Instead, I’ve decided for tomorrow’s dinner, I’m going to make the Cajon Shrimp Stir Fry recipe that came in this Winter’s issue of Clean Eating (collector’s edition). It’s BFL friendly and looks SOOOOOOOOO yummy! I also picked up a f/f s/f vanilla yogurt for tomorrow’s breakfast. I also have to say that I feel INCREDIBLE for having a complete weekend on BFL!!! As you all know, Sunday is usually my Free Day, but just something about NOT taking it on Sunday left me with a feeling of COMPLETE CONTROL! I LOVE IT!

Here is the recipe for the meatloaf that uses cabbage instead of breadcrumbs. I put it into SparkPeople and got the nutritional info for us!

Meatloaf (no breadcrumbs)
1 lb. 93% lean ground beef or ground turkey
2 C shredded cabbage
1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp celery seed
1 T dried minced onion (I use 1/2 cup chopped fresh onion)
1 egg, beaten

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.

The original recipe puts this meatloaf into a crockpot with these directions:
Make foil handles by folding a 30" long piece of foin in half lengthwise. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker with both ends hanging over the top edge of the cooker. The foil strip will make it much easier to remove the meatloaf when it's done.

I've baked this in a loaf pan, at 350 for about 30-40 minutes and it turned out fine!

Original Source: www.about.com (southern food)

For 4 servings Calories: 203.2, Total fat: 8.5g, Carbs: 5.7g, Protein: 26.6g, Fiber: 1.5g
For 6 servings Calories: 135.5, Total fat: 5.6g, Carbs: 3.8g, Protein: 17.7g, Fiber: 1g

Gayle

Gayle,

Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to make it for dinner tonight. Congrats on being in control, that is a great feeling. Your schedule for the week looks tough. What are you training for?

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

Good Monday Morning Girls :) :) :)

I'm sitting here sucking down my protein drink. :9 Yummmmmmy! :)

I'm happy to report I had a great 5mile run. Followed by ab work on the machines at the gym. I was also able to work my biceps there and to PUB. *Flex Flex*

Looks like this week's cardio will be filled with running. Which I'm happy about. My schedule has me doing some short ones/speedwork and a few longer ones. Next Monday I will be doing 12miles YIKES ! I'm entering week 9 of this training.

Have ya noticed the days are getting longer? We have had a few rays of sunshine come out too :) :) Which is always welcomed. Although I do believe snow is in our future once again. UGH! I so can't wait for my trip South.

Well time to shower bits and pieces. I have to make some chocolate chip cookies for DD's package. Yesterday I made some peanut butter balls and some other cookies with Reeses PB cup in the middle. Can ya tell she likes PB and chocolate? :) It's a good thing I do not have sweet tooth. Otherwise Id be baking on the treadmill -LOL!

I shall return.

Enjoy your day girls :)

OMG Kath! All those cookies would KILL me! I like PB & chocolate too. I do OK as long as I don't have a taste - once I taste, it's all over :p

Marcia, sorry to hear about your coworker.

Got up and did CF step only premix today. Didn't feel too coordinated and I was DEAD for the last of the BM2 circuits, but whatever. I did the best I could. Tomorrow will be UB weights of some sort & short cardio. I'm waffling between PUB up only premix & a 20min iClimb or one of the 4DS workouts w/ UB...or I could do a Gym Style & iClimb...or...

Food has been good since my epiphany @ my WW meeting on Sat. It's ABOUT TIME! Hoping to keep the energy going this week.

OK, gotta scoot! Have a great day everyone!

ok,my workout is done i did my own abbs-300 reg cruches,50 on each side oblique crunches,then 100 power crunches...Im glad I did them first,LOL. Then I did the usual 30min interval run on the treadie,then GS back/shoulders/biceps...and it got me good too can't wait for the doms tommorrow!

Tommorrow is Lowmax,can't wait-its the first step in a while now!

Kath,im with Andrea-all those cookies would cause me to cave,wow your lucky you don't have a sweet tooth! and yep,one taste and my head is in the bowl,LOL :+

ok,ive gotta scoot too,everybody have a great day:)

Marcia - Glad to hear you're feeling better and ready to get back in the swing. I'm sorry to hear about your co-worker.

Shirl - That's a busy schedule of teaching. Sounds like a good variety, too. I feel the same way - especially when I look at my ticker and see 19 pounds to lose.:-( That's why I'm doing this challenge though - to give myself the push I need.

Roxie - Yummy breakfast and supper yesterday! I get hungrier the next day after eating more than usual, too. Does my stomach stretch or something? I don't know. Anyway, I think sometimes you just have to eat to enjoy your food and not worry so much. We had lunch at Pizzaria Uno's on Saturday and shared some loaded nachos. I was hungry and they tasted so good! To make up for it I ordered vegetable soup for my entree. It filled me up without feeling like I overdid it.

Gayle - I think I may try this recipe, too. My kids aren't fans of meatloaf so I'll give them the mandatory "You have to try it" while DH and I enjoy it. I keep hoping that someday their taste buds will begin to like things beside pizza, hamburgers and ramen noodles (yuck!).

Kath - Baking on the treadmill - LOL! That'd be me for sure. I love to bake and unfortunately I DO have a sweet tooth.

Andrea - I'm going to have to go back and read about your epiphany. Sounds like it was positive. :)

Amelia - Wow! That's a lot of crunches! Are you sore? Have fun with Lowmax. Combo 7 with the step kickbox is my fave. Sometimes I'll add-on just that part to another workout. I love dvd technology. :)

Jacque - I bet you'll be a kicka$% "Soccer Grandma"! :) I have a great nephew who is 6 months old, too so I can imagine the fun you have with your grandson.

Did PLB this morning. I'm also relieved when those "froggie style" roll-in things are done. Ow!

Sue

Hi all !

Had a great WO last night - Imax2 and then a 5.5 mile jog @ 5.5 miles/hr. Was watching my "24" DVD's and made it go by so fast.

Then up again this AM for my 1/2 hour before work. Did a fast walk and went progressively up in incline from 0 - 12, back to 1 and back up to 12 three times for the half hour. Whew ! That was just as hard as a run @ 6 mph for me.

Have my 4DS legs this afternoon, will do a steady state run for another 30 min.

Marcia - sorry to hear about your co-worker. I remember when we lost 2 within 3 months, one of whom was a dear friend while I went through my divorce. That started my entire tailspin with my weight gain. Hope things get better for you. Have fun tonight - exercise does take us away from the loss for at least a little while.

Amelia - I think my abs hurt just from reading about your crunches:p What a workout!

Shirl - what is PiYo? You sure teach a myriad of classes - must be fun to do such a variety.

Roxie - missed you this AM;) I find after I have had a large meal, especially with carbs from pasta or rice, I get hungry the next morning too. You will probably get back to normal tomorrow AM. Am I gonna "see ya" in the AM for a workout?

Gayle - thanks for the recipe, tonight is the night I was going to make meatloaf so guess I'll be shopping for some shredded cabbage after work. Good job on not taking a FREE DAY yesterday - and your free meal of Cajun Stir fry Shrimp still sounds quite healthy. Have a nice day off exercising, even though you are walking to work:7

Kath - whoa, 12 miles ! And I thought I was gonna die last night at 5.5 ! I'm another who would have had at least a couple of those cookies that I was baking, licked the bowl at a minimum:9 What willpower you have. Though I was thinking of you last night when making my papaya/mango salsa - remember you saying you enjoyed chips and salsa. (We put ours ontop of grilled tilapia - I was good and didn't break out the tortilla chips:7 ).

Andrea - good job getting through your workout even if it wasn't the best one. Many times I feel tired but try to just finish. Find I feel good afterward. Nice to hear about your epiphany - keep it up!

Sue - Know just what you mean about the froggie roll ins - I just got a new, larger stability ball (I had a 55 but 65 fits me better). Was absolutely amazed at how much easier they were - they did burn, but I think the angle is better. Actually made it all the way through the entire exercise - used to have pains in the backs of my knees with the small ball and would have to stop a couple times.

TTFN - back to work
:7

Hey Everyone,

Just finished upper body sculpt premix of LIC.

Jaque, Iam scheduled to do basic step x2 so I will try again to join you in the a.m.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.