### The 12 week challengers Feb 14th###

idream

Cathlete
Hi folks,

Been MIA this week, I have a warmblood horse who is actually known around here as my third child. Anyway he's been unwell for nearly 12 months and I had to get the vet back to him this week. Its been a long road for him and I doubt if we will ever compete again, but I've still got him and thats the main thing. At least I get to fuss over him. Spoilt he is. (There doesn't seem to many "horsey" people on these forums, just a passing irrelevant comment.)

My workouts have been GREAT!! Loving this new rotation and mixing it up with the weights (thanks Lori). I think I look a bit leaner, getting some shape but no change on the scales.

Have a happy valentines day, our valentines day has been and gone, I was surprised to receive flowers from "lovie".

TTFN
Andrea

Happy V-Day!

Anyone have any plans? Im working again tonight so we can't celebrate just yet. I also have a $50 gc from one of the hotels around here and we thought about putting that towards a nice meal but part of me would like to go to this Mexican restaurant. The only thing is...the food as went downhill. Everytime I go, I say I am never going again but then so much time passes that I wonder if it as changed!LOL The drinks are good to though:)

Andrea** I think horses are soooo beautiful! They are amazing animals. I can totally see how you would fall in love with one! I hope he hangs in there a little bit longer. How long do they live for?

Ameila** Have a good workout today. I did the same thing when I first got my new TM. Workouts went on the backburner but I am starting to haul them out again now. It was sooo much fun to do BM2 and Imax3.

O.k...should get ready to go home. Im aiming for a long run today but with my funny knee things may have to be changed up a bit. If I don't get any DOMS in my legs from yesterday I may work them againx(

Lori:)

Happy Valentine's Day girls :)
I'm not sure what's planned for dinner. He may say Let's go out- and he may not LOL. He did surprise me with a really nice fleece-- and a few CDs. Awww :) :)

Today is a 3mile easy run. I will also work triceps to ME and PUB and toss in a few machines from the gym. It's ab day too. I may throw in another workout later in the day since it's only a 3miler. Ive been logging long runs lately --I know I should follow the program and not over do--whole key here is to increase my time and endurance. But I'm stubborn :)

Andrea: I love horses. They are so strong. How lucky for you to own one.

Amelia: Are you running on the treadmill?

Lori: Hope you have a nice v-day. We have a few places around us that are like that. Their menu has not changed --but their drinks are YUMMY :)

Ok need a refill and need to wake *princess*

BRB

hey girls,just popping in

Lori-we have one mexican resturant who is just the oppisite of yours,there food is fabo,but there drinks stink,LOL-enjoy your run!

Kath-yes mam,i do run on the TM-im still new to running so i can't go very long,but since im following BFL it works out for me! I will do five minute warmup(usally a powerwalk)then i will do intervals of powerwalking,lite jogging,then a little faster jogging! My favorite speed is 5.,thats my lite jog!I will end in a cool down walk! so my workout ends up being like thirty minuts. which isn't long,but its working so far;-)

Good morning, ladies!

No plans for me tonight. THe kids and I will do our normal Thursday routine of Survivor!!!! NO CHOCOLATES, I can tell you that, though! HA!

I just sat down and realized there's a 2 hour delay! HA! I didn't even see it on the news this AM. It rained all day yesterday and last night, and the roads probably froze. But if I hadn't sat down at the PC, I would have gotten the kids up as usual! LOL

This morning's workout was AWESOME again. My schedule called for 7 miles with hills (the half marathon schedule, that is) and abs (my schedule). So I piggy-backed iTread 23 with iTread 25, then tacked on iSculpt set 7 Core Training. What a workout. I'm drenched! Now that I have some extra time, I'm going to put on the news and stretch for a while. Hammies get tight.

BBL

Gayle

Hey gayle-we are watching survivor this season too(didn't get a chance to watch last season,but have watched ever other season;-)) Wasn't it funny last thursday when the fans beat the favorites in the immunity challenge! Espcially after that dark headed girl in the favorites said that they were ready for this challenge, with a full belly and all,LOL-looks like the full belly didn't help anything!!

ok,eating breakfast and I still haven't worked out yet...gotta get off the computer x(

Amelia-I laughed ESPECIALLY hard when that dark-haired girl with the full bellies comment when head over tin cup off that cart when it crashed into the tree! LOL Taught those favorites a lesson, didn't they! The boys and I watch Survivor every season. It's become our end-of-week celebration and ritual! I allow the kids to eat past 7:30pm (always a treat for them), and they get to stay up till 9pm (even a BIGGER treat for them)!

Enjoy!

Gayle

p.s. I'm so glad Fairplay went BYE-BYE!

Happy Valentines Everyone,

Today is my off day. DH is grilling steaks and potatoes, and we will probably have corn to go with it. Iam going to stop on my way home from work and buy wine. He bought me a dozen roses.

Lori-I don't know if you saw my post last nite, but Iam doing the timesaver blast rotation that was posted in the rotation forum. This is the last week and then I get to do something else. The only two workouts I like on timesaver are #3 and #4.

Have a good day everyone off to work.

>Amelia-I laughed ESPECIALLY hard when that dark-haired girl
>with the full bellies comment when head over tin cup off that>cart when it crashed into the tree! LOL  Taught those
>favorites a lesson, didn't they!  The boys and I watch
>Survivor every season. It's become our end-of-week celebration
>and ritual!  I allow the kids to eat past 7:30pm (always a
>treat for them), and they get to stay up till 9pm (even a>BIGGER treat for them)!
>
>Enjoy!
>
>Gayle
>
>p.s. I'm so glad Fairplay went BYE-BYE!

OMG Gayle,i almost forgot about that,yes-that was funny-she was rubing her eye and got back on the wagon looking horrified,LOL! Which team are you rooting for? I like the fans! And YES, sooooooo glad fairplay went! I thought he was trying to pull another prank!

Roxie,what a nice evening planned! sounds fun! Have a great time!

hey to everybody!:)

Im done with my workout-did an interval on the TM:
Warmup:
3min @ 3.5
2min @ 4.0

Intervals:
2min @4.0
2min @5.0
1min @6.0
Repeated for 20mins

Cool down:
2min @ 4.0
3min @ 3.5

Question:::: ive got tender spots on my shoulders from my BB,does anybody here use a bb pad or can suggest something to use to pad my shoulders? I may try a towel next time!

Hi Girls!

Just enjoying my coffee and hoping DS will let me check in again. He seems to have found a empty Gatorade bottle! LOL That may keep him busy for a little while. The oddest things keep them occupied.

I rented a movie with hopes that I can pull off a long run without my knee being weird again. I wanted something scary but everything was tooooo gross/scary for my liking. Not into that at all. I ended up getting World Trade Center. I haven't seen it yet and although I know its not scary, I think it will keep my occupied while running.

Ameila** Prehaps we should put the 2 restaurants together and then we will have one good one! LOL This one is owned my retired Royal Airforce since then they have semi retired and I don't think they really care anymore. Im sure they still do good b/c of tourist and visitors but I don't think many people in this town go there anymore.

Roxie** I did see you post last night. Are you seeing any results from it? If Im sticking to a rotation I have to see results! LOL

Gayle** Nice run today! So SO not getting you any chocolates hey?;) I forgot to tell DH no chocolates either b/c he is probably likely to get me chocolates! I have nothing for no one. I see I am going to have to go out today and get some stuff. I don't but gifts for V-day, not for the kids anyway. DD asked for a bottle of perfume that was $100! I don't think so!

Kath** Hope you are enjoying your workout!

Well, I had a crew in last night (grant it the last time the pilot seen me I was 7 monthes perggo) He said "baby girl, your just getting skinner all the time. What are you doing to yourself" LOL I did say, "well the last time you seen me I was very pregnant!"
Oh and I have some nice DOMS in my shoulders from yesterdays workout!

Ok....Ill bbl to report how far I ran!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

DH left some silk roses and a card on the kitchen table for me this morning. Pretty funny that we both thought they were real when we first saw them. I thanked him when he got up later to go to the Y and then when I got in my car I found a real rose on the seat along with a vase so I took it to work. I think he snuck out and bought it while I was doing my workout. What a sweetie! No plans tonight. DH wants to take DS to the Y to work on his pitching. No biggie. It's my favorite tv night (Survivor and Lost) and I'd rather go out on a weekend anyway. Another "gift" he gave me is rights to pick the next movie we see.:)

Andrea - DD used to take horse riding lessons and liked it until she started getting sore from it. It's hard work and her quads weren't strong enough. I thought it was a neat experience for her anyway.

Amelia - I have a barbell pad and would definitely recommend using either that or a towel unless your barbell is very light.

Kath - Enjoy your easy run today.

Gayle - Our family loves watching Survivor together, too. Love the way they add a new twist every season. We were jumping up and down when the fans won the immunity challenge. Was soooo happy to see Johnny Fairplay leave. Can't stand him.

Roxie - DH is making steak for us tonight, too. :)

Lori - Enjoy your run and movie today.

Did PLB this morning. The floorwork was easier this week than last week but I expect to be very sore tomorrow.

Sue

Sue** Atleast you will have these roses longer then real ones, right? I like getting flowers but they really are a waste of money when all they do is die.

Well...finished todays challenge! 12 mile run in 122 mins!~ Woo...Im pooped. The furthest Ive ever ran is 10 miles. Of course i was wise and kept it at a steady pace. Increasing my speed each mile then pulling it back again. I knew there was no way I was going to make it 12 miles doing intervals!

Ill be back later!

Lori

Okay, Ladies. Confession time. I have fallen off the wagon during the past two weeks. HARD. I've been eating too much junk, enjoying my coors light (and wine) and ignoring my workout schedule. This is why I haven't been posting...just too embarrassed!

I've always wanted to workout in the mornings so I climbed back on the wagon this morning with Bootcamp (the original) and followed it up with a delicious cup o joe protein shake. So far so good!

Last night I scheduled out my workouts through April 26th. There is a half marathon I want to do that day and we will be skiing in Colorado during the last weekend of March so my workouts are planned around those two events.

Lori - 12 miles on the TM?? I couldn't do it! My body does not like to run past 6 or so miles indoors. I can totally relate to the mexican restaurant! The one we love has excellent food and yummy, yummy margaritas!

Andrea - I would love to see pictures of your horse!!

Gayle - Are iSculpts worth the time/$$? I am so in love with iTreads but I just haven't bit the bullet on anything else from itrain.

Sue - I don't think I've ever uttered the words "easier" and PLB floorwork in the same sentance. It kills me everytime! Kudos to you!

Don't laugh - this is only about 50% funny and may be TMI but I have to share. I had my annual today. For V-day for my sweetie, I got myself a prescription for Zoloft for the week before TTOM. I was talking to my doc about my PMS and she asked me what happens. I told her that I destroy relationships and she kind of giggled. She had never heard anyone put it so bluntly before. Seriously though, I hope this helps because I morph into a wretched hag that picks fights and cries over nothing for about a week each month! }(

Back to work!! Thanks for listening! :)

Sue-did your order the pad online or did you buy it in a store! I may go looking for one this weekend!The tender spots have turned into two light bruises x(-

Lori-a tweleve mile run,wow...is that the longest you have ever jogged? Thats AWESOME!

Kelly-omg,i can so relate to your pms! well,except the destroy relationship things,LOL;-) My DH knows when its my time of the month and he kinda lets everything that I say or do slide for that week,poor thing!LOL im not bad,just cry over nothing,get frustrated easy blah-blah-blah! I hope the Zoloft helps!

Hey to the rest of the gang!:)

Lori-yeah...did you do those 12 on the TM? The furthest I ever did on the TM was my 16 miler when I was training for the Disney full! That was a terrible morning....besides the distance, the weather outside was HORRIBLE, which is why I did the TM in the first place! Are you training for something right now????

Kelly-this is the first iSculpt I've done. I actually liked it. It was Core Training, set 7. As for your wagon 'incident'...we've ALL done it, I SWEAR! For me, the BEST medicine is coming clean to YOU ALL and just laying it all on the line. Good job for picking yourself up!!!

Gayle

Good News! Im at work and there were 3 cookies left on the tray. One flight came in (cargo) and the pilot was going to take one cookie, I said...please take them all! LOL 13 hours is a long time to be left alone with 3 cookies;) And they are gone:)

Kelly** The first day is always the hardest to get back on the wagon. Once you have made it through the frist day its like your motivation is at a all time high! My PMS as been pretty good lately. Before DS I would have about 2 days before my period when I wasn't fit to look at! And yes, all 12 miles were done on the TM.

Gayle** I don't mind long runs on the TM as long as I have something to keep me entertained, today I watched a movie so it wasn't bad at all. Im not training for anything, just wanted to see if I could do it.

BBL!

Lori,

Iam not seeing alot of results that is why I can't wait to try a new rotation. Iam one of those people who doesn't like to give up on things, I keep thinking I will see change eventually, but it's not happening on the scale.

Roxie-i know what your going through! I've been through two very long plateous since starting this little fitness journey of mine! I hear ya on the not giving up.Im sorry-Im sure you have mentioned before but,how much weight are you wanting to lose? i know its frustrating!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.