12 Week Challenge SATURDAY

luckyruns

Cathlete
Morning Girls:

Idream: I emailed you the recipe. Enjoy :)

Today's workout is a 4mile run at the gym. Inserting some butt burning squats after. I will also work abs on the machines there.

Tomorrow is my rest/free day. And also weigh in day. I'm feeling pretty good ---so *fingers and toes* crossed I see a loss in weight and/or Body fat again. Then I can enjoy the superbowl get together :) :) :)

Have a terrific saturday. I don't know if I'll be back after my workout. MY DD has an indoor soccer tourney thing today.

Enjoy your day everyone :)

Congrats to those who have seen a loss so far. :)

Good Morning Challengers

my Free day and WI today,im down one pd today!

Question for everybody: For those of you who are doing BFL,on your free day,do you eat EVERYTHING you want? or do you have some guidelines you stick by? I think I will take it easy today with my free day! There is some reason why I only lost a pd this week and i did eat out every meal last saturday!

Kath-How do you measure your body fat? Do you do it at the gym? I need to measure my body fat too,but I dont' really want to buy another gadget to do it x(! I don't think weighing every week shows all the results that im getting...does that make any sense?LOL Have fun at the gym

Todays workout is HIIT on my treadmill..I will walk then jog for atleast 30mins.And do some abbs as well

Oh,AND my workouts came yesterday! Cant WAIT to do all of them:7

Hi, everyone! Today is my "rest" day. I will do some yoga and stretching, and then its off to work for a very busy day! This will probably feel like a workout in itself. (Hairstylist)!! Tonight I will indulge in some wine, as it is a girl's night out for me! Have a Happy Groundhog day, Nancy J.~~

Good morning!
It's cold here, and two of my kids have the flu, so we're staying inside today. I'm about to work out and will do a circuit, so I can get in cardio and a bit of strength. I may do LIC or SJP.

Gayle, thanks again for the info on Cardio Kicks. I plan to order it in the future!

Y'all have gotten me hooked on those protein pancakes! One question: when I make one recipe, how many servings is that? It seems like about two servings, but sometimes I eat almost all of them!! There were several recipes posted a few weeks ago--I make them with 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oats, and vanilla. Can anyone tell me how many servings that's supposed to be, so I won't over-indulge? Thanks!

I hope everyone has a great day. I think I'll go rent Groundhog Day for DH and me to watch tonight! I know it's silly, but I remember liking it when I saw it in the theater years ago. Happy Groundhog Day!

Valerie

Good Morning Everyone,

Todays workout is timesaver#4 kickboxing. I don't know what meals will be like on Sat and Sunday they are kind of sporadic. I have to do Wal-Martmax and laundrymax and cleanmax today also, and the KSU Wildcats play at 1:30 so I need to get the vaccuming done before DH gets home to watch it. Have a good Saturday Everyone.

I am so happy I can barely contain myself.:7 I just weighed myself and I'm down SIX POUNDS since Sunday!!!! I had to hop off and back on a couple of times to confirm it because that NEVER happens to me. I'm always lucky to lose 1 or 2 at most. I'm down now a total of 9 since the challenge started for me 5 weeks ago. It's been a rough road so far - down 5 the 1st week, then nothing for 2 weeks, a week of bad eating where I gained 2 and now losing 6 in the last week. I have to go back to my workout journal to see what I did. Eating has been the same but my period just ended so maybe I was carrying extra water weight. OR could it be that "c" word - CONSISTENCY!! Sorry to be so self-indulgent here but I'm over the moon this morning!!! :7 :7 :7

BBL to report my workout and see how everyone else is doing. I'm going to celebrate by making pumpkin oatmeal.:9

Sue

Good Morning Gals!

Just pulling my lazy a%% out of the bed! Had a fun night with the girls last night. I think I drank about 3 low carb drinks (100 cals each) a shooter and one normal drink at the bar. I didn't get home until 3 and I guess I made to much noise b/c I woke DS up!x( And I was soooo sleepy! I gave him a bottle and he went back to sleep and DH let me sleep in until 10:30. I have to say, I feel pretty good. I had a little bit of a headache but I think it was mostly b/c of lack of sleep. I don't drink very much either so those few drinks probably went right to my head}(

Ameila** Congrats on the weightloss! My past experience with BFL is that you can do ALOT of damage in one day. I would just eat whatever you were craving this week. If it was a chocolate bar, then eat it...a burger...eat it...but I wouldn't go overboard cause it doesn't take much to gain that one pound back.

Kath** Enjou your workout today! My butt is sore from yesterdays workout!

Nancy** I didn't know you are a hairstylist! I gave it up about 4 yrs ago. I hated my boss and there wasn't enough money in it for my liking. Im sure where you are though you are making a good living. There are to many salons around here and not enough people. I don't miss it at all!

Sue** 6 pounds???? I guess you did have to get back on the scale! Thats crazy!!!! Good for you!!!

Who else did I miss? Oh...

Roxie** Enjoy your day!

Valerie** I think what you have listed is one serving. The actual recipe makes 2 servings. It would be nice to know the calorie amount though b/c I think 1/3 c of oats is 130 cals.

I think thats everyone? Ill go back and check.

Im not sure what todays workout will be but I think I will be up for something. Prehaps I will do BM2. Im gonna go stare at my workouts and see what jumps out at me:)

Lori:)

Good morning to all !

Way to go Amelia - OMG Sue :eek: How cool on your weight loss too ! Let us know what you think helped with such a loss (if it doesn't seem to be the end of TTOM;-) )

Kathy - crossing all digits for your WI too. Do a few butt burners for me, LOL.

Nancy - enjoy your glass of vino tonight and all the fun that goes along with being around friends.

Valerie - I make the protein pancakes with 1/4 cup 2% cottage cheese and mine = one serving @ 261 calories. The oatmeal is about 130 - 150 depending on the brand, etc, egg whites are about 20 cals, 1/4 cup cottage cheese is about 50. My recipe is 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 4 egg whites. Then I top with 1/2 cup of applesauce with added Splenda and cinnamon. All together is just over 300 cals and fills me up FOREVER !:7

Roxie - enjoy your kickbox before you hit the other "max" chores.

Lori - hope your head feels better - so what jumped out at you for your WO today?

I have LIC ontap today and am happy to see B&G for tomorrow since it is SuperBowl Sunday. Will help to curb my appetite and hopefull burn a few extra calories post WO.

OMG,Sue...6 pds weightloss...thats fabolous! WTG!!!!

Hey to everybody else:)

I got my workout in! Did a 45 min powerwalk/jog interval on the TM! Felt great!

Have a great day everybody!

Amelia-on my Free Day, I ‘allow’ myself pretty much what I want. It’s good to shock the body in every way, including calorie intake. But, let me just say that toward the end of my first challenge, I was taking ‘free day’ a little LITTLE too far, so this time around, I am eating what I want BUT IN CONTROLLED PORTIONS!

Valerie-that protein pancake recipe that you posted makes 1 serving.

Sue-I have to agree whole-heartedly....CONSISTENCY IS KEY! Congrats!

Ok, I had a housefull of guests last night for a sleep over but I got up early this morning anyway. I did Cardio Kicks! I probably SHOULD have taken a rest day today, considering tomorrow's 10K race/run with HILLS. But.....whatever! LOL No rest for the weery! LOL

Headed out shortly for family visits, a basketball game and baseball sign ups (already).

Last night, in the Open Discussion forum, on a topic titled something like "healthy soup recipes" I posted 3 or 4 soup/chili recipes if you'd like to check them out. A few of you may already have them.

BBL

Gayle

Gayle,

How do you freeze your protein pancakes do you cook them first? I just bought off of ebay LIC because of all your recommendations. The person selling it doesn't like circut workouts. I believe I made the right decision. Good luck on your race tomarrow.

I am not Gayle but I am using her recipe for protein pancake recipe that is absolutely delicious. Everyone in my house is loving them as well. I just put mine into a freezer bag and they do well. I reheat them in the microwave.

Kath – Good luck at weigh-in!

Amelia – When I originally did BFL 8 years ago I ate everything in sight on free day and had great results. It usually took 2 days for my weight to get back down but then I would start losing again. Well, that was then, this is now. :( Now that I’m older I’ve found it’s harder physically AND mentally to get back on track if I really blow it.

Kaylasmom – Enjoy your rest day and have a glass of wine for me! ;-)

Valerie – Have a good day. Hope everyone feels better soon. We also have Groundhog Day. Kids have never seen it so maybe we’ll watch it tonight, too.

Roxie – Your day sounds like mine (ie. Cleanmax, Laundrymax). Have fun with kickbox.

Lori – You’re in better shape after a night out than I’d be. ;-) I do the stare at the dvds and see what jumps out at me thing, too.

Jacque & Amelia – Great workouts, girls.

Gayle – We signed DS up for baseball last August already! Crazy. They start indoor practice soon.

Thanks guys for all the congrats. I’m still feeling pretty tickled. The only thing I can think I did differently this week was sleeping in one day and doing my workout at night instead. Yesterday we had a lot of snow so instead of doing my cardio I shoveled for an hour. Wore my HRM for the heck of it and it said I burned 372 calories! It was pretty light snow so that shocked me. Last night I had a church retreat with my daughter. They served pizza, cookies and punch at 8 p.m. and that was it – no water, carrot sticks or anything healthy. :( I wasn’t hungry anyway but a month or so ago I would have eaten just because everyone else was. I had some decaf coffee and chatted about the upcoming baseball season with one of the other dads.

Today I did Powerstrike I. This is only the 2nd time I’ve done this workout and I know why. It’s tough! I had to pause so many times it’s embarrassing but I made it through the whole thing finally and burned over 700 calories. Wow!

Okay, got to get going on all my chores now. See you later!

Sue

Hi Girls!!

Im done with my workout! I did a 4 mile run in 37 mins, then 4DSBC 2x's (cardio only), 4DSKB (cardio only) and MM abs. Im pooped! It was a great workout and I turned the music up when doing 4DS b/c I wanted to get into it.

I will come back for personnals in a little while. The baby is waking and I need to get a shower before he starts freaking out! hehe

Lori:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.