12 week Challenge....sat.-Jan-26

punka274

Cathlete
WOW,I can't believe nobody has started the thread yet! I will copy and paste from my other Check-in!

Good Morning girls

OMG is my A$$ is so sore! well,basically the whole back side of me. hamstrings,calves and front part of my thighs. its VERY uncomfortable,im sure I will be whinning all day over it LOL

SOOOOOOOOO, Today is WI/Free day for me and the scale said I LOST THREE PDS yep,down to 189.2!!! YAY,I think I finally broke my plateou!170 here I come (then maybe 160,150 )

Today's workout is HIIT,but im not sure if I will because as my A$$ is very sore,LOL But in the past,once I get through the warm up the DOMS go away a bit!

BBL

CONGRATS on the weight loss Amelia. You go girl!!!:) :) :)

Feels good , huh? :) Except for the DOMS I guess. I'm a DOMS lover though --:)

Today is another 4miler at the gym. I will also do squats. Inserting a few plies in there as well. I'll work abs to core max.

Tomorrow is suppose to be my free day/rest day and of course weigh in day. I think I'll see more pounds coming off. My eating has been clean---which amazes me how easy this is now. I guess Im driven.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday :)

I'm hoping DH and I can maybe hit the movies today. I've been wanting to see the new Diane Lane movie.

Gotta check the banana bread--brb.

Oh--here's a question for everyone. Name two songs you have on your Mp3 player/Ipod that is a must for your workouts.

My favorite this week is: I say this week because I am always switching it up to inspire my runs :)

Finger Eleven PARALYZER
Matchbox 20 HOW FAR WE'VE COME

Happy Saturday Amelia and to all who follow!

Amelia - Congrats on the scale news! I know we should look at other factors besides the scale, but gosh darnit, it's feels GOOD to see that new number! Not surprised you're sore today after what you did yesterday! Be careful with your workout today since your muscles are kinda fried :) Don't push too hard!

Today is a fun cardio day for me--Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2 and something thing else from Chalene (haven't decided what yet).

Have a great day everybody. BBL
ETA: Kath, you posted while I was still typing! Banana Bread sounds yummy! That Diane Lane movie looked really good--hope you get to see it today.

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

Happy Weekend!

**Amelia--congrats! I'm so happy for you, I think you're doing great.

I'm down to 144 today, so that makes a total of 7 lbs since we started the challenge. Woo hoo! At least 9 more to go, hopefully more.

Today is DrillMax for me, but I must confess--I'm not looking forward to it. I just had my hair cut and styled at the salon yesterday afternoon and I hate to sweat all over it....is that silly?! Oh, well, I guess I'll just look extra cute while I'm working out :)

Have an awesome weekend, everyone! Let's all stay focused on our goals even as we allow ourself some treats (I think I'm having some thin crust pizza this weekend--yum!).

Kelly S.

Good Morning Ladies!:)

Just getting up from a small nap and now I am drinking my coffee! Its really hard to sleep with DS in the house yelling! I got maybe...2 horus of sleep. It should be another quiet night at work though so I should be o.k!

Ameila** I am soooo happy for you! You have no idea how excited I am! I know how hard you have been working to break this plateau and its finally happening for you. I have a funny feeling the weight is just gonna fall off!:) Have you been hungry?

Kath** Enjoy your run! Im gonna do circuits today I think...love circuit work! Time just flies!

Kelly** No thats not silly about your hair! hehe I use to be a hairsylist and many people use to say "how come it never looks like this when I do it?" LOL Congrats on the scale BTW!

Johannah** Have a fun workout! Im looking forward to mine as well!

I have to say my scale (or my body really) is hanging on to those couple of pounds for dear life! They aren't falling off like I thought they would. Prehaps it IS b/c of the heavy lifting I have been doing?
Todays workout will be a circuit mixed with running. I was gonna run out and buy a new pair of sneaks before my workout but Im not sure if that is gonna be possible!

BBL!
Lori

:)

Thanks Girls,it is an amazing feeling to finally see results!

Kath-Thanks,it does feel good. and ya know,its funny but its not hard.Ive gotten use to eating clean now so its kinda 'normal'.Im like you said" Driven" now...exactly how I would explain it! Have a good run/Lb workout today. Banana bread sounds yummy! to answer your question...She hates me,by puddle of mud..I don't know why,just funny I guess! and Super masiv black hole by Muse! I LOVE matchobx 20 and finger eleven too,i have paralyzer and bright lights(I think is the name of it,by matchbox)

Lori-Thank you girl,I couldn't of done it without all my cyber friends on cath.com:) So THANK YOU :)Did you get some new sneakers? Enjoy your circuit!

Jonagnah-Love your quote,so true!:) Have fun with Turbo Cardio jam! Ive considered taking a rest day...but I always feel better working out on my free day!

Kelly S,Yay on the seven pds lost...High fives! Oh,it just feels so good doesn't it? congrats!LOl at your comment about working out with your nw haircut;-)... after a hair cut I don't even want to go to bed.LOL. I haven't had a hair cut in while though,trying to grow it out!

bbl,is still decideing on working out today,is so sore x(

Amelia & Kelly - Congrats on your pounds lost! :) High fives all around.

Lori - Don't despair - those 2 pounds will come off. ;-)

Did Power Yoga for Happiness Quickie 30 min. w/o last night so I should be ready to break a board with an ax kick during orange belt testing today, right? ;-) I'm more concerned about the sparring actually. I hate to spar.

Will be back later to let you know how it went. After testing I plan on doing BBC Chest/Abs + cardio.

Sue

Good morning! It sure sounds like we're off to an awesome start today!

DOMS, pounds lost, inches gone, WOO HOO!! Stay srtong everybody!

I have to go back and read the rest of yesterday's posts.

My cold seems to be on the downswing at this point. I think it hit the hardest between Thursday night and last night. The bridge of my nose was actually swollen last night and I just couldn't figure out why! Wierd. But today, (sorry if it's TMI, lol), all the 'stuff' coming out my nose is that thick yellow stuff which is usually a sign that I'm recooping! LOL I did end up sleeping in this morning and I'm taking today and tomorrow as extra rest days. I've got Monday's lower body HEAVY HEAVY weight work scheduled already, ready to RIP INTO THE NEXT WEEK!

[font color=red]Ladies....you are all on FIRE![/font]

Gayle

Good Morning Ladies!

Today I did 4ds Double Cardio (LIS/HIS), lower body weights, and KB Core for a total of 97 min. Fun workout!
Have you guys checked out all of Cathe's new "toys"? Excited for her!:)

Amelia--WTG on the 3 lb. gone!

Kath--Diane Lane movie is scary, right? Not so sure about that one!

Jonahnah--Your workout sounds like a fun one.

Kelly--WTG with the 7 lbs.gone..You go girl!!

Lori--Good luck with the orange belt test.

Gayle--Sounds like you are on the mend with your cold. Good idea to take another rest day. Thank you for your reply yesterday!:)

Have a great day all!
Gin:)

Good Morning Ladies,

Amelia- congrats on your wt loss.
Kelly-congrats on your wt. loss. The Shimmy I did was from Fittv my
DH bought the series for me its going to take pratice

Today I did timesaver #5 all lower body and abs everything is hurting. I have alot of stairs in my house and it hurts to climb them. My DH is home all day today so I probably won't get anything done. I do need to go to the dreaded Wal-Mart. Have a good day everyone. Tomarrow is my off day an boy do I need it.

I'm back. I had an excellent run. I kicked some serious a$$. :) Endurance and speed is increasing--YAY!

Lori: A sure sign I need a new pair of sneakers is knee pain. I tend to turn my ankle when they become worn--then the knee acts up. I think with the miles you log --you are due for a new pair :)

I think the Diane Lane movie is a suspense. Internet crime stuff. Looks good. I'm hoping we can go today. Suppose to see DS for a quick dinner and drop off some of his txtbooks for him. Maybe after we see him we can squeeze the movies in--or we may end up meeting friends out.

Ok off to bake a few more goodies for DS and MIL.

Have a terrific saturday.

Good morning (or I guess afternoon for some of you)! Amelia and Kelly, congrats on those great losses this week! My scale is down 1.5# since Monday, but basically the same as my last week's official WI. I've been having scale issues for a couple weeks now so that's OK.

As advertised, I didn't come to post until I had WO. I did the Express WO premix from Muscle Endurance and EVERYTHING is shaking right now. Call me crazy but I LOVE the glute raises. I should have a CLASS A case of DOMS tomorrow!

Lori and Kath, shin splints is my sign that I need new running shoes. I just got a new pair @ Xmas that I haven't used yet. Too cold outside and I don't have a TM @ home. They'll go on travel w/ me next week :)

Gayle, I'm glad you're feeling better today. Good idea to take a little extra rest. I tried to get back too early after my yuck and wound up w/ an extra week out.

Well, I'd better get going - need to shower, then swing by Hobby Lobby for craft kits to keep the kiddos busy this afternoon, my office to turn off a vacuum pump, and Costco. I'm hoping to find a nice relaxing book for me and get in a little reading time while I'm running some laundry this afternoon.

Enjoy the rest of the day ladies!

Hi Ladies, While you all are freezing, we are HOT! I don't like the heat, I wilt like a flower. Its also very hard to workout in the heat as it gets uncomfortable, so yesturday I did gym style back, sholders and biceps and todays workout will be either PLB or Buts and Guts.

I so totally hear you Kelly - the hairdresser thing. I had my hair color and cut on Wed and I had to work out after. The color ran into my Tee shirt and the style (which looked very Katie HOLMES and quite nice, was ....... well .... it was wet, wet, wet).

Question : Many a debate rages over cardio Vs Heavy weights. I don't own a slow and heavy DVD. I do have MM, ME, 4DS, PLB, PUB, Buts and Guts and the Gymstyles. Do you guys think I need to add the slow and heavy? The PLB and PUL drive me mad as in the weight changes but thats a small annoyance and I should move past that.

Thanks.

Andrea

I'm so glad it is the weekend! I did iclimb 15 (40 min) on the elliptical and 10 min of legs at the gym. It was a sweatfest.

Hey Girls!

Just wanted to pop in and report my workout. Prehaps I will come back for personnals a little later. I am on #2 of my 3 night shifts!
My mom wanted her hair done...which cut into my workout time...which she knew:eek: so she offered to watch DS while I worked out:) I managed to get in a 4 mile run with HSC. I didn't do the cardio. Instead I get on the TM for 10 mins at a time.
I also bought new sneaks today and now that I have worn them I know I was in desperate need of a new pair!

Call me crazy but Im thinking about re-starting the challenge..calling it "my 10 week challenge" LOL and tomorrow will be day #1! LOL Ive just totally fallen off of the wagon and I was in major binge mood this afteroon, thankfully I was at my inlaws so I couldn't raid their cupboards! I did manage to eat a truffle, a chocolate,a brownie (my 3rd one for the day:eek: )crackers and dip...then I went for a nap!

I have to tell you what I ate today. I think my problem is that I don't sit down sometimes and actually have a meal!
Peice of a cookie,peice of a brownie(went to bed)(got up),peice of someones toast,an orange,(worked out)all bran bites,2 more brownies, 2 chocolates,another brownie,crackers,dip,(went for a nap)soup,1/2 chicken sandwich,peice of lemon tart...two more chocolates before I Went out the door! Don't you think I am serious need of some chocolate detox!? Starting tonight...I have to come clean..eating hasn't been good and if I actually wrote down what I ate, then I would KNOW where the 2 lbs came from! See eating bad for me isn't fries,dressing and a burger..its constently picking at sweets through out the day. I never eat a full cookie, if you haven't noticed, b/c then I don't feel bad that I ate a FULL Cookie.Instead I just keep eating halves of things,eating more then I should, but never feeling bad cause I never ate a full cookie! Crazy isn't it!?
On that note...Im thristy!

Lori:)

Gin – Wow! You worked out hard today. Awesome! Yep, I saw all the new Cathe toys. I hope the workouts that come with them are advanced or at least show advanced options. Not interested in beginner workouts.

Roxie – I feel your pain! ;-) I’ve been there, done that on the lower body pain and trying to climb stairs. I live in a bi-level so stairs are unavoidable for me, too.

Kath – High five on kicking serious a$$! ;-) Let us know how you like the Diane Lane movie. I think she’s a wonderful actress and gorgeous to boot.

Andrea (AEHaight) – I think we’re all a little crazy for loving to workout hard – or at least most people think so. Luckily, we’re not like most people. We’re in better shape;-)

Andrea (idream) – Truthfully, I have Slow & Heavy but I don’t do it very often. I’m not a big fan of the slow pace and long breaks between sets. The workouts seem to drag. I like the Gym Styles, Pure Strength and 4DS better for heavier weights.

Lori – I think you hit the nail on the head with your eating – if you sat down and ate something that really satisfied you, you’d be less tempted to pick at sweets. You mentioned before that since you started BFL that sweets have more appeal now that they’re “forbidden”. Maybe you should allow yourself a small treat each day and concentrate on clean eating the rest of the day? I’m a chocoholic, too, so I allow myself a couple of Hershey’s kisses after lunch and that seems to help.

Dojo testing today was FUN! I had to break 3 boards (not real boards – special precut ones) with an ax kick, knee thrust and flying elbow strike. Fun, fun, fun! I wish all of you could try it. Makes you feel tough seeing that board snap in two. A black belt even complimented on my form for my ax kick. I had to spar (yuck) but didn’t have to put on all the gear (helmets, chest protector, shin guards, mouth guard) – just punch guards and booties. We each had to spar with an instructor so I was paired with a black belt I know very well and she was easy on me (didn’t beat me up or embarrass me too badly! LOL) So now I’m an official orange belt. A LONG way to go before black belt I know.

This afternoon I did BBC Chest/Abs plus cardio. Dare I say the cardio is getting easier?! Yay! Still kicks my butt though.

Sue

Today was an off day for me! I will be back on it for shoulders tomorrow! The only body part not worked this week.

Have a good night all

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.