12 Week Challenge ROLL CALL Fri 01/11

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning all Challengers! It's Friday and it's time to think about the weekend and what we plan to achieve (and avoid) over the next 3 days. We want to come into a new week on Monday saying we were successful all weekend!

ROLL CALL!!!! Who's here today? How are you doing?

Late yesterday I posted the following, and I want to retype it here so nobody misses it:

[font color=purple]I don't want ANYBODY getting lost in the shuffle of these next 10 weeks or so.
We are in this together!
If you're losing inches or pounds, let us know.
If you're struggling, let us know.
Check in here, post on the open forum, or PM me!
I will NOT LET ANYBODY FALL AWAY FROM THIS 12 WEEK JOURNEY!
[/font]

I was up early for my workout, which was BFL-based upper body. I can BARELY get my arms up to the computer keyboard to type, so I think that's a sign of an AWESOME workout!

I'll be back after the bus to chat some this morning!

LET'S ROCK IT!!!!!!

Gayle

Good Morning,

I'm here!! Just got the boys off to school. My body is really sore today. Yesterday I did 4DS KB w/abs and then last night I did 4DS BC with my friend. It may have been a bit much, but felt good at the time. Today I have upper body on the schedule.

I totally plan on maintaining my clean eating throughout the weekend. Tomorrow will be a cardio day. Not sure which one yet.

Does anyone ever wake up STARVING??? I feel like I need a midnight snack:9

Off to wake up my DD for school now, BBL

Carolyn

Hi, Carolyn....I wake up starving almost everyday! lol And I have my 6th and final meal at around 8:30pm! So it's not like I haven't eaten since dinner time! LOL I just consider it my metabolism being in high gear all night. Now....I wait an hour after my workout to eat, so by THAT time, I'm hearing some awfully loud stomach rumbles! LOL

Gayle

Good Morning Gayle and Carolyn. Iam just checking in before I leave town. Weighed myself this a.m. an was up 2lbs. but I feel bloated hope its just water wt. Brfst is a boiled egg, toast and a banana. Tonites workout is Total Body Sculpt. Walked on the TM for 40 min last nite and my legs are killing me. Have a good day everyone. Check in later.

Good morning. I did 1.25 hours of snowshoeing yesterday. It was all uphill the way there and downhill the way back. It was fun. Today we are leaving MT around noon and stopping halfway between here and Denver. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed.

Good Morning Gals!:)

Todays workout was going to be a circuit workout with the TM but my alarm didn't go off!x( I was sooo mad! I have to be at work by 8 and I didn't wake till 7:15! UGH! Now I have to workout tonight instead. Oh well. I have nothing else to do. I just like lounging after working all day. But I don't have my MIL around making supper for me either so thats a good thing. When she cooks for us she is watching to make sure I eat enough. I lost an additional 10-15 lbs since having DS and I think she doesn't think that I eat.

Gayle** Nice DOMS! My legs were a little sore last night before I went to bed but they are o.k today. Thats a good thing cause I plan on doing a circuit workout tonight.

Karin** Snowshoeing sounds like fun! Thats what we ordered our parents for christmas and they still aren't here yet!:eek:

Caroyln** Im not usually hungry when I wake up, unless I went to be hungry. I haven't eaten yet though and my tummy is starting to tell me.Good job on the workout!

Roxie** I ate well all day yesterday and I was up.3 today. Not much I know but I think with all the fiber I ate, I got a little water retention!

Who else did I miss? I know there was someone!

Lori:)

Good Morning!

Thank you guys for letting me crash your thread. You all sound so supportive of each other. I love it! This is just what I need. I started yesterday with the "clean" eating and did well, so on to Day2. My workout today was a 3 mile run and PLB.

I teach school, so not able to post during the day, but will come back this aft and read what I have missed.

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Morning,

It sounds like we are all hanging in there. I was down 4lbs at my WW weigh in on Wednesday. I've really been working on cleaning up my eating.

I should be downstairs doing Imax 3, but DH is sick and I didn't get much sleep last night. Thankfully I can go to the rec ctr at lunch and get some cardio in.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Diana

Day 14 of 12 Week Challenge

Gayle - I love it! You're such a good leader and role model for our group.

Roxie - I was up a pound this week but lost it the next day so don't worry. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Diana - Way to go on losing 4 pounds! High five!

Gin - Hello! Awesome workout today.

Lori - I hate it when my alarm doesn't go off. It's usually because I forgot to set it or I goofed up and set it for pm instead of am. Anyway, I hate starting the morning off like that. Luckily you can still get your workout in tonight.

Carolyn - I usually wake up starving, too. I take that as a good sign that I'm losing though.

Did Turbo Jam Cardio Party last night and some crunches. This morning was 4DS Back/Biceps. Dojo tonight.

GO PACKERS!!!

Sue

Good morning all!

I missed yesterday's check in, I am really working on not getting sick, but this virus that has invaded my throat may have other ideas.

Yesterday, I slept through the alarm so I didn't get my early am workout. I did a 20 min itread in the afternoon and the add on abs from Basic Step. Ate well, until dh wanted to bring Skyline Chili home for dinner. It was tasty and I am down another 0.5 lb today. So this 80% plan is working for me! :)

Today I got up and did C&W. I struggled getting through it because I have some upper body DOMS from Wii boxing :eek: , but I made it through. Eats today: so far so good, egg white omelet with veggie sausage and OJ for breakfast. Mid morning snack will be a yogurt, lunch with ds at school today, so a Subway salad. Then a protein shake and I am making pork tenderloin for dinner.

Will try to BBL for personals, sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep up the good work! We are almost done with week TWO!!!:7 :7 :7

Happy Friday :)

I just realized I checked the thread yesterday but never posted! That totally fits with my frazzled state of mind right now. Eating and exercising are still right on target (today is a 50 min. split steady state/interval run) and I'm not seeing any TTOM weight sneak onto the scale. Whew! Tomorrow will be when DH and I chart our weight and inches and I'll let you guys know how it goes. And how much fun money we earn :)

Thanks for the special encouragement in the original post, Gayle.

And to everyone: I am so encouraged and heartened to read about your journies. It's nice to feel surrounded by such good company and know that the struggles I have are not silly and the victories that come are celebrated by many. Keep up the good work!

Kelly

Good Morning, Chellengers!
I didn't get to post yesterday. Sounds like everyone is staying on track and improving their workouts and eating habits. That's my goal: to improve my eating--I won't be 100% clean, but am getting better with portion size and mindless snacking. Also, you guys are keeping me motivated to work out consistently with your workout reports. Thanks, Gayle, for starting the check-in and keeping us inspired!
Workout today was my favorite cardio--Low Max! Maybe one day Cathe will make a Low Max 2! Breakfast was scrambled egg whites and wheat toast. I'm having leftover Mexican chicken soup for lunch. Dinner will be a challenge. We'll be with my extended family tonight for birthday celebrations, and we're having pizza and birthday cake! Any quick tips for resisting cake?! I'll try hard to be good!!
Have a great Friday!
Valerie
:)

Gayle, I'm doing good. THere is no way that I am going to fail at this challenge! I am doing so well already I have dropped several inches off my legs and butt! I am putting on my two's and they are already getting pretty lose, although I'm not sure where I should go from there! I am a shor t person who's legs bulk very easy that is why I'm not focusing on heavy weights on the legs.

Carolyn, I wake up absolutely starving! I don't know why and I'm doing everything in my power to keep the hunger down!

Diana, How wonderful for you! 4 pounds is a great thing.

Sue, Roxie, Gin, Lori and Sue................Good morning and keep up the good work!

My workout this morning was bootcamp cardio from 4ds!

Have a good one all

Hi guys. Checking into this roll call. Was up at 4:15 and hit it with 4DSBC cardio only, itread 13, and some freestyling legs. I am starving today though. This is so strange, but I actually find that as I get older my typical TTOM cravings have shifted more towards the time of ovulation - is that so weird? And sure enough, looking at my calendar, that kind of explains why I'm so hungry. Eating has been totally on target though, so I think it's ok.

I'm just scooting through quickly on my way to get things set up for my drill team practice. I'll hopefully get a chance to BBL and check in more thoroughly. We are doing well huh? We should all be pretty much on target by the time STS lands in our hot little hands. I'm thinking June at the earliest for it - what do you all think? 37 DVDs has to be a lot to produce. Enjoy your Friday.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Hi everyone. Slept thru the alarm today so no WO this morning. BUT, I was supposed to have someone in for an interview today - he's sick - so I'll be able to get out for a walk @ noon.

This weekend? Birthday party he!!...taking DD to a party @ ITZ (where I'll try to stick w/ the salad bar) and then hosting DS' slumber party. Pizza (I'm planning 1 slice w/ salad), donuts (he wants these instead of cake - much easier for me to resist), and then chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast (for me - flaxseed waffles w/ blueberries). I have a plan and I'm stickin' to it!

Hoping to get in a WO one of those days too, probably Sunday from the way things are shaping up right now.

OK, things are starting to get busy around here - gotta scoot! Have a great day everyone!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Last night I did 4DS Shoulders (only) followed by iTread #13 AND about 1/2 of of iTread #19...and then I finished with the calves, abs and stretch part of 4DS. I was pooped!

Gayle - thanks again for the suggestions!! Sounds like you had an excellent workout this morning!

Carolyn - WOW - both of those in one day?!? That's crazy! I sometimes wake up hungry but I eat dinner after I workout at night so it's usually not an issue. (I know...bad habit that I need to break!)

Karin - how cold is it while showshoeing? It's sounds interesting...and hard!

Lori - I know that feeling...everyday! LOL I am trying to start working out in the morning but I just can't seem to drag myself out of bed!

Gin - congrats on the clean eating! I started on Monday and have been doing pretty well. I certainly feel better! Don't you just love PLB?

Diana - congrats on the loss!! That's amazing!!

SJM - awesome on the lost inches!

Becca - bummer on the virus!! Try and stay well...get lots of rest. :)

Kelly - how do you stay motivated to run for 50 min? Do you run with an itread or anything? I will be on the treadmill for 6 miles on Sunday for a long run and I still haven't figured out how I'm goint to do it!

Valerie - have just a small piece of cake and savor every bite!

Lorrie - I am so looking forward to STS!!! And it looks like you had an amazing workout. 4:45?? Holy smokes!

Andrea - have fun at the birthay party!!!

Hi everyone. No morning workout for me. I'm feeling a little under the weather. DH is sick with a cold and I hope I'm not getting it. I don't get sick very often so when I do, it really throws me for a loop.

I just love Gayle's Cheer Leading Intro. I read it last night and it just totally brightened my evening. I logged in this morning and there it is again. Just what I needed. Knowing that we are not doing this alone is such a boost. I have a suggestion. How about if whoever starts the thread each morning, copies in the Cheer Leading paragraph from Gayle's post and pastes it in the first post of the day? That way we will be reminded each day that we are in this together. I guess we would have to change it a little to read PM Gayle if the person starting it is not Gayle. If thats too much trouble, I'll understand. I'll just copy it on to my hard drive and open and read it each morning for myself.

Come on Challengers, lets keep this motivation going.

Oh, almost forgot, at WI this morning, I'm down 1.5 lbs.

Jean

HELLO AGAIN, EVERYBODY!!!! It's mid-day and it's another successful day in my neighborhood! LOL

You all are ROCKING THIS 12 WEEK CHALLENGE! Just simply ROCKING IT, ladies!

Jean-I was just thinking this morning that I have several of my favorite quotes that I am going to use as my opening remarks (if I'm first to post, that is), so whatever works...WORKS!

KEEP MOVING!

YOU GUYS ARE DOING FANTASTIC!

[font size=+3 font color=red]TAKE and KEEP CONTROL OF YOU![/font]

Gayle

Gosh, you guys that get up so early to exercise are HARD CORE!!! I just can't do it. I've tried so many times and even if I do get my butt out of bed, my bod just does not cooperate!

Everyone is so positive and with Gayle being our cheerleader, how can we possible go wrong?!?!:7

Tonight is cardio for me. I'm thinking I might do the cardio premix from HSTA (this always kills me) and Imax 2 blast-only premix. Maybe Imax 3 blast-only premix since I'm trying to get those blasts down. I spend more time rewinding than blasting!!!

Last night I was at the bookstore and I was flipping through Tosca Reno's training log book. She has quotes on the bottom of every page and one that caught my eye was NOTHING HAPPENS UNTIL I MAKE IT HAPPEN. I love this. It really stood out at me and I've been saying it to myself all day. I'm going to add it to my signature.

ETA - see, I added it...:)

Gayle!
Aren't you awesome! Actually, you all are!!!
Admittedly, I am struggling with the eating. Today is better. The workouts are going great! Because I messed up over the past few days, I was thinking that I was "unworthy" of posting here anymore. But you are not gonna let me slink away into "guilty land", now, are ya?? Thanks for the support! On the positive side, I did Bootcamp (an old fav) today. I had alot of energy, upped my weights, and it actually seemed, well, kinda easy!! So much fun, too! Next week I'm into the slow and heavy series, and looking forward to it. I hope everyone has a great weekend. I have to work, but thats ok. Keeps me out of trouble. (and away from the snacks!!);-) Take care, Nancy~~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.