12 week challenge*~*~*~*~Mon-Jan,28

punka274

Cathlete
Good Morning challengers!

What week is everybody in? Week 3-day 15 for me.Lost five pds so far And loving it! The last time I lost weight was in april/may of 07 :eek:!

Today's workout is Upper body! Not sure which one yet,may do the double upper body premix on bm2 agian. I need to get some heavier dumbells soon-12's(if i can find them)15's maybe 20's,25's. I don't think Im challenging my ub anymore.

Im going to start focusing on doing straight-leg pushups too! I can only do ONE right now x( I just read a post over in OD that has great suggestions in it.

Hey to the rest of the gang!

bbl

Manic Monday morning to everyone :) :)

Amelia:I'm on week 4 Day 28. Lost 5 pounds so far. Not so sure I'll see more pounds coming off but BF is dropping thats good. My running starts to increase again later into the week. Striving for 9miles . That number use to scare me --but now I'm curous to see if I can do it.

Today is a 5mile run at the gym. My smartcoach says an easy one LOL. Then I'm doing chest work and of course Abs on the machines and to core max.

Have a terrific Monday peoples :) :) :)

Kath-Yay on the 5pds....im in :eek: over the 9 mile run! You can do it;-).Im going to start running as soon as I get my TM(whenever that will be,ive just about given up,LOL)Do you follow the bfl exercise program,or do you do your own thing?

bbl

I'm following a running thing off runnersworld to help increase my endurance and distance. I love running. I have done a few races in the past and decided this year I was going to get my butt into gear for a possible 10K and who knows. My goal was also to lose 10pounds. I'm half way there although I won't be surpised if I kinda stop losing at this point. I was excited and pleased to see my BF dropping --I knew something was going on cause I'm finally seeing my abs. Which is a good thing :)My eating has been clean-- I haven't fallen off the wagon YET :)

Hi Ladies - Sorry I was MIA over the weekend, but it was a busy one around here.

Today I got up at 4:30AM and walk/ran on my "new to me" treadmill. I'm soooo excited. (Sorry Amelia I know you are waiting to get one, too, I hope it's soon ;-) ) I'm so excited to start running again. The last time I lost so much weight was when I had a treadmill and walked on it constantly. I'd walk while watching all my shows and a moderate speed and the weight just fell off. Of course, I was 15 years younger, but my hopes are high for this time, too. ;-) I've already started to look at some road races to run in the area.

I teach step class tonight, too, with a focus on chest for any weight work we will be doing.

Have a great day everyone - I'm off to shower and get ready for work, I'll be back once I get there.

Marcia.

Week 3, Day 1

Wow a 10k...you go girl! Thats why I love this website,such inspiration on here! I wish you the best Kath! Ive also got a firm hold on the wagon. My DH made him some fried potatoe cakes last night and wanted me to take a taste test...Yeah right,I told him he was crazy(and monkeys might fly out of my but,LOL)watched waynes world recently;-)

ok,running late,bbl

Good morning, ladies. I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to today. I'm about 98% back to healthy, and THAT makes me happy!

My motto for this week is BACK TO BASICS. No doubt about it. At the same time, I'm focussing on PROGRESS, not PERFECTION!

In that spirit, I've got PLB (with slightly increased weights again) on tap as soon as the kiddos get on the bus this morning. I decided that for this week, for the mornings where there is the time to do so, I will sleep in and get my workout in after the school bus. Then when I'm completely 100%, it's back to EARLY morning. Really, though, the only mornings I can do the later workout is today, Tuesday and Friday. So no big switch.

OK...I have to go wake the kids. Sorry, also, that I didn't get online yesterday AT ALL! We laid low all day, I read my book and relaxed. The kids played outside most of the day and I just sat and enjoyed the day quietly and peacefully. THAT doesn't happen too often around here!

BBL after my workout with wiggly legs! LOL

Gayle

Hi 12-weekers. Marcia and Gayle I was also MIA over these last days - been crazy around here! Gayle I'm with you on the back to basics this a.m. I actually started my day - and my workout - bringing my water and Accelerade drink downstairs this morning. I used to find it very helpful - but have gotten away from it. The Accelerade is quite good.

Kudos to those of you running - TM or not! Awseome job.

This morning I hit it with a 45-minute interval incline walk a la itread 13 and part of 19 - but with more incline. Then 4DSKB and Core Max seg 2. Later on I hope to come in with GS Legs and Fluidity. Gotta run right now and get the monsters moving. Feels good to be back! Happy Monday group.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Good Morning Challengers:)

Again, I am typing with one hand b/c DS is up with me.He as a high temp but his spirits seem fine.
Im not sure if I will get a workout in today b/c I just got off of night shifts and am not going to bed. Depending on how I feel when DS goes for a nap,I may go to:) Then that nap will probably give me the energy I need to workout tonight while DH is at hockey...who knows? Only time will tell!

Ameila** If you keep this up you will be at your mini goal in no time! I love doing straight leg push ups now..I never use to but they make me feel so strong. They are hard to get into but once you are use to it, they are a great exercise!

Kath** Im sure you can run 9 miles...if you can do 8, you can do 9!:) When I use to run outside in the summer I would run 10 miles once a week and 8 miles the rest of the week. Its easier when Im outside though b/c you have to get home, right? LOL The most I have ran yet this winter is 9 miles and that was the other day.

Marcia** Have fun with your new toy:)

Gayle** Glad to hear you are feeling better.My cold never did amount to anything.Very weird.Im hoping DS didn't catch it from me!

If I do workout today it will be 4DS UB and maybe a short run,3-4 miles maybe.

lorrie** You snuck in on me! Enjoy your workout!

Oh and I wanted to thank you gals you responded to my mini meltdown!lol When i posted yesterday about feeling better even if no one read it...i didn't mean that in a bad way. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to read my post,i just felt better getting it off my chest and I think seeing it in writing made me realize how bad my eating was on Sat!

BBL!
Lori:)

Hi, everyone!
Congrats to all who lost weight! Great job! Time to get busy for me. I have gained a pound. That may very well be muscle, though, but I really want to be about 3 lbs., lighter. I need to be a little more diligent about the eating!! I'm doing Gym Styles for the first part of the week, with some cardio and abs mixed in. I'm still getting over a cold, but feeling more energetic! Have a great day, Nancy~~

Good Morning!

Just a quick post to say that I did Jari Love's Ripped to the Core and walked 3 miles with friends. Does anyone have this dvd? It definitely lacks the fun factor IMHO, but okay to do every once in a while. She does compound exercises, high reps and low weights.

Have a great day!
Gin:)

Hey guys. Just coming quickly (again) to post my workout. PLB is DONE. I used 42.5/52.5/62.5/52.5/42.5 for all the standing work. I'll be feeling it tomorrow.

I have to go dry my hairi and get dressed for work. Here is what my planned menu looks like for today:

M1: Myoplex Lite shake (just had that)
M2: Protein Pancakes
M3: Turkey Black Bean Chili
M4: Roasted Chicken, brown rice, steamed carrots
M5: Apple and string cheese
(not sure if I'll get in 6 meals today since I got up and worked out later than normal).

I'm planning on walking to work (despite the temp in the teens, lol) to loosen up these legs.

BBL,

Gayle

p.s. SO SORRY I haven't been around to chat more. Now that I'm feeling much better, I'll be around again!

Amelia – Congrats on the weight loss. That is so awesome.

Kath – Great job on your weight loss too. Have a good run today.

Marcia – You have a new to you TM? That is so exciting. I have spinning bike but would love a TM too. I am not sure that DH is going to go for that. I want a TM for exactly what you were talking about. If I just walked on the TM when I watched my TV shows (in addition to my normal stuff) I think that it would be very beneficial.

Gayle – I like your motto for this week. It sounds like a good one.

Lorrie – Wow, what a great workout.

Lori – Hope DS feels better soon. Glad your mini meltdown is behind you :).

Gin – I used to have RTTC but it had such a dread factor for me I got rid of it.

Today I used the spinning bike for 50 min using an icycle and some time on my own.

Good morning everyone! Today I diS 4ds LIs weights first premix and added in extra cardio.

My goal this week is to hit everybody part! This morning was shoulders and I'm moving on from there. It is going to be difficult as I have lots going on this week, but I am determined!!

Have a good one all.

Sheree'

Hey girls,

Im done with my workout,although I don't 'feel' like I did anyting...did UB on PH. I hardly broke a sweat,LOL! Oh well,i need to get some more dumbells or plates for my little dubell bars so I can do the bfl style of working out! My muscle are burning right now though?

Great workouts planned or already done for today! Everybody is doing so good! I can't wait to see all the results everybody gets! I plan on doing a before and after picture after the 12 weeks is up(if I can get the nerve up that is,LOL;-))

bbl

Hey everyone! Nice losses Amelia & Kath! Me, I've been @ war w/ the scale since I started this challenge but oh well - it will move (in the RIGHT direction) sometime!

I was planning to do the LIC cardio premix today but had TROUBLE getting up. DH was so sweet about nudging me out of the bed so I had time for a 30min iClimb (set 18) - UGH my legs are SCREAMING (but I think part of that is left over from ME on Saturday). Tomorrow I have GS Chest & Triceps on tap and I want to try to get in an extra 20min easy cardio (either as a walk @ lunch or easy on the elliptical) in the evening. Also need to get some Core exercises in there somewhere...did I mention that I HATE abs???

OK, I've gotta scoot. It's time to start doing some REAL work instead of just chatting away on the computer. Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone! I've been away too but still thinking about all of you.

Glad to hear of everyone who lost weight and is keeping their eating where they want it.

This weekend I got to do LIC all the way through for the first time. My DVD skips on my player at home but works fine on SO's. So, while he was at Boy Scouts with his DS I did some sweating. I love that w/o!

I'll be measuring on Friday when I flip my calendar and I'm curious where things will be. I was surprised at the difference between my left and right sides.

Hope everyone has great days!

Hi everybody! Just doing a mid-day check in to see how everybody's doing!

[font size=+2 font color=red]Got all your meals planned for the rest of the day?
Check out your goal for TODAY....
Then check out your goal for the WEEK.
Are you doing what you need to do to reach that goal?

Just checking!​
[/font]​

Gayle

YES GAYLE - I HAVE ALL MY MEALS PLANNED FOR THE REST OF THE DAY...AND THE WEEK...

LOL - thanks for checking! I'm using a meal plan right now to help me not need to think about what to eat. I KNOW what to eat - I'm just not DOING it - the meal plan seems to be helping.

I'm also trying to stick w/ an exercise plan - cardio MWF and strength TTh minimum. If I get more in great, if not I met my goal.

Going on travel next week...THAT will be a challenge!

Ladies, Its time for me to sew my mouth up!! I am NEVER going to be successful at my goal (loosing 5 kilos) at this rate. I started the twelve week challenge 29th December 2007, and althoough I have lost some weight, its not good enough, I let myself down every night!! Its the night times that are the worst!

Any way on a happier note I did PUB yesturday in the morning and then 4DS HIS in the evening (cardio only). PLB on Sunday. I rreally really enjoy the pyramids workouts - now. She really moves along quickly, the weight changing is even not driving me crazy I am very very sore all over. Must go off to work.

Andrea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.