10 - 10 - 10.....Rookie No More!

112toGuru

Cathlete
October 10, 2010....:eek:

10 - 10 - 10 marks my 1st anniversary of Cathe workouts, the day after I got my step, Cathe's Basic Step video, & started the Beginner Rotation, what a year it's been! dropped 24 pounds, and worked out 95% or more of my scheduled rotation days, 5-6 days a week usually, all year long. It's the most consistent I have ever been with exercise. I'm stronger, I pay more attention to the food I eat and how it's prepared, and I don't count calories really or weigh my food. No more fat pants for me! I've continued to lose inches & lift heavier weights, my cardio endurance has increased dramatically.

I make goals for each month & long term goals for the year...then write it on my Cathe calendar as the weeks progress, and it works. It works better than anything ever has. It's also the most fun I've had in years, maybe ever, learning to step, kickbox, lift weights properly (and like it!)...It was the very thing I needed to get me going again....and keep me going!

Happy Anniversary to Me!:D

Today's workout, Legs & Glutes, week two of my current rotation...

http://cathe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278221

I did take the first Sunday and sub yard work for Core work...and did sub two workouts this week for Supersets....Pyramid lower Body in he morning....Pyramid Upper body in the evening Wednesday....instead of one total body workout....the only rule we have around here is....you get something....you use it....so I did...I did the TV versions quite often early on this year, and the Pyramids were one, maybe even my favorite strength workouts.:)

My other rule, build rest & active recovery into the rotations, start each one fresh... stick to them...it's so worth it.:) Off to market, for fresh stuff for the week!

STEP - KICK - LIFT - KICK - LEG - KICK - CORE ! ..........a.k.a. October 2010 Kickfest

Rest & Recovery week September 20 - September 26

September 27th thru October 24th....7 days a week......Monday - Sunday

week 1

Step, Jump, & Pump
Kick , Punch, & Crunch
Supersets
Kick , Punch, & Crunch
Legs & Glutes
Kick , Punch, & Crunch
Core Max 2 & 3

week 2

Step, Jump, & Pump
Kick , Punch, & Crunch
Supersets
Kick , Punch, & Crunch
Legs & Glutes
Kick , Punch, & Crunch
Core Max 2 & 3

week 3

High Step Challenge
Kick Max Low Impact premix
Muscle Max
Kick Max
Leaner Legs
Kick max Low Impact Premix
CTX All ABs

week 4

High Step Challenge
Kick Max Low Impact premix
Muscle Max
Kick Max
Leaner Legs
Kick max Low Impact Premix
CTX All ABs

This rotation is all about the middle....work it!.....:D

Linda:)

Kick Punch & Crunch today, as week 2 winds down....this is a challenging series...it's a keeper!

Core max 2 & 3 today, and a review of High Step Challenge for tomorrow...haven't tried that one, should be good....:)

This week Kick Max, Muscle Max, and Leaner Legs....all in one week...just boggles the mind sometimes....:D.....I get weirdly excited, and slightly apprehensive about all that...:rolleyes:......here we go!

One entire year of Cathe, and a few others notably...Patricia Moreno (Core Crosstrain Kickbox & Cardio Burn...Leslie Sansone....4 Really Big Miles....Denise Austin...Daily Dozen & New favorite Ilaria Montagnani...Powerstrikes 6, Bodystrikes 2, Atletica....Honorable mention Madeleine Lewis A.M. P.M. Stretch...a great one for those of us who would rather skip the stretching!) here's to sticking with it, yay me!

Fireworks-01-june.gif
Fireworks-06-june.gif
Fireworks-02-june.gif

Last edited:
Notes for Wednesday, October 13th:

The wheels definitely came off the wagon somewhere around Monday night & Tuesday... wouldn't have anything to do with High Step Challenge...hooo ahhh, you should never be rewarded with weight loss after a day of fast food..:(.... it's just not right.

Tuesday STRETCH YER DAMN HAMMIES! enough said!

Wednesday....try out that new bench? what no bench press in Muscle Max? sigh....it's also not a cardio workout...and finish yer darn (see I can if I pay attention, mind the language) ...finish yer darn sets! Next time.

There, that's better. Word of the day "Lower Down" one word, get down there!

Focus...:)

Thank You Allee,

Kick Max today, is definitely in contention for favorite Cathe workout...:D
because it just makes me smile...instantly...:D

Linda

Really thought this one would do me in after the first week, but recovered nicely with better lower body workout, best yet Friday with Leaner legs & new weight loss, lowest yet, 2 lb. this month. At this stage I'm not really looking at weight loss, but there it is.

The only thing missing from this trifecta, is increasing weights, I did increase some in lunges but overall think I may need some more flexibility for squats, both regular/plie and more focus for pushups.

Overall, this rotation works the core pretty good, okay really good, but legs & lower body workout needed the most recovery, by Saturday, they're done!

It's a goodie....:)

Hi Linda.....;)

here you are...how are you?
thinking about follow your rotation. is that okay?

Allee

Hi Allee,

Actually preempted that rotation for a few rest days at the end, and I needed it. This one really was tough, try it, I do have to say it is tough lower body focused. Great for core. Maybe I should do something like Cathe's Oct. upper body focus now? Did want to do Slow & Heavy - Pure Strength series again anyway...:confused:

Have two rotations in the works...one basic barbell alternating with kickbox & step, and another for Cathe's & Ilaria's new ones, mixed, 10 day week with 2 days off X 3...

I think today might just be a light one....:) I think I'll step and practice the moves on Ilaria's. This is Fall Cleaning Week!

Linda

Decided to do a basic barbell routine M-W-F and Cardio T-TH-S with Sunday rest day...I though this would be good to stick with while anxiously awaiting Cathe's new releases, and when I get them....review! who knows what they're gonna be like, I was due for an easier, well less intense, rotation anyway.

And it is.

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.