Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

<<<*** STS 6 Month Alumni - 2013!!!! ***>>>

This is a discussion on <<<*** STS 6 Month Alumni - 2013!!!! ***>>> within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hi Girls, I have been a vegetable pretty much all week... I feel well enough to be up but not ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 07:23 AM
Cathlete
cendrine's Profile Fields

Hi Girls,

I have been a vegetable pretty much all week... I feel well enough to be up but not to do anything... I keep thinking I'm over it and then I wake up soaked again. Very odd, but I decided I'm at least going to try to work out today. I am starting school again with the kids today and really want to get back into my routine, so I'm going to at least attempt it and see how far I get.

Sorry about your migraine, Jo! Do you ever think that tough workouts could trigger migraines? I've been wondering this myself because I had a few instances where I felt like it might have been connected to me working out too hard. What do you think?

Kim, I love that dh is doing the rotation with you!

Have a great day!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 AM
Cathlete

Cardio Leg Blast done! I really liked this one. Sometimes Cathe goes too fast for me for some strength moves and I can't go as deep because I don't have enough time to come back up, but this workout I felt like she really allowed enough time to go deep and really be in the move. I was therefore able to go deeper and I'm sure I will feel it tomorrow....
Time for shower...
Old 01-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Cathlete
Runcrazy's Profile Fields

Yahoo Cendrine! Way to go! I've been trying to get on the forum for a couple of hours and I think the site was down.

Regarding migraines...I know that I used to get migraines when I ran over 8 miles. My doctor said they were exertion migraines. Of course people always say first thing that I must be dehydrated but I guarantee I am never dehydrated! Anyway, it could be that sense I'm working hard to get back in shape I am overexerting. More reason to get back in shape FAST! LOL!

So I said I was going to restart the 90 day program, but I changed my mind AGAIN! I decided to do a full week of cardio to work on my endurance and then start the program on Sunday. So today I did the scrambled egg premix of Drill Max to kick it off.

I'm watching TBL which is on again tonight. Oh and last night I didn't sleep well as I think I ate too many brussel sprouts! so after DH left for work this morning around 6:30, Emma and I went back to bed and I slept until 11! I'll probably be up late tonight!

Hi Kim! Have a good evening everyone!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Cathlete

Hey checkout these out.

https://www.costco.com/webapp/wcs/st...ord=activewear

These are the workout clothes lululemon private labeled for Costco. The pants which are reversible ($19.99) are similar to the lulu groove pants that are reversible ($98). I bought the black w/blueberry pants, blueberry t-shirt and the gray t-shirt. I got them today and they are awesome! Fit just like my lulu's! I don't know about your nearby Costco's but they didn't have these in my store so got them online.

Just in case you're looking... $19.99 for pants and $12.99 for t's where right up my alley!

ETA - I bought the blueberry jacket too and it also is like my lulu.... for a quarter of the price!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 AM
Cathlete

Jo, I saw those at Costco, but the legs on the pants seemed really wide. Can you tell me if they are fitted or not? I was going to get some but then was unsure... I would go for the blue too!

I am sore from cardio leg blast. How does Cathe keep doing this? The moves weren't that new and yet here I am, feeling doms as I went to bed last night!

I surprised the kids yesterday and started teaching them sewing lessons on my sewing machine... They were so excited! I wasn't sure if it was too soon for dd, after all she's only six. But she did really well, as did ds, and they are busy brainstorming what to make when they have mastered the machine... Lol!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Cathlete

Good Morning! I am trying to get up earlier so even though I couldn't go to sleep until 1 last night...I got up at 6! Already have some homework done.

Cendrine, those pants fit me like boot-cut jeans. You know how wide Cathe's pants are in LIC? They are not big like that. On me they are tight (fitted) on butt and thighs down to the knees then wider on bottom. You can always try them. Like Nordstrom, you can take anything back to Costco! And since they are reversible you get two pairs of pants for $19.99!

I love that you are teaching them sewing. When I was growing up my aunt was a home economics teacher and started teaching me sewing, embroidery, crochet, etc., all when I was little like your dd! I believe I, too, was about 6.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Cathlete
cab0899's Profile Fields

Couldn't get on the forum yesterday to post, I guess the system crashed.

Following the 90 rotation for the first 4 days and loving all the workouts! Got my calendar in the mail yesterday.

Jo I was also going to suggest that maybe the new exercise routine was causing your migraines. I sure hope you find out what's causing them. I have been watching TBL, liking this season so far.
Hmm, I've been meaning to go to Costco, we have one just 5 minutes away.

Cendrine, that's neat about teaching the kids to sew. My dd loves to sew, we have lots of pillows around here:roll eyes: The kids take sewing in school here, dd was telling me today that her sewing teacher is older and a little absent minded, they have done the same test 3 times now. She switches to cooking lessons in a few weeks, maybe good that it's a different teacher doing cooking.
I used to love doing cross stitching and other crafts but sort of lost interest the last few years.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Cathlete

I'm going to get a set of that workout gear, Jo, and see if they fit me like they fit you. I like the color and pattern.

Good job making yourself get up, I always find it harder when I'm not teaching (working) to find a reason to stick with morning routines, but its always hard to relearn it, so I usually convince myself to just stick with it...

Kim, your school system sounds similar to what I grew up with, we had sewing and knitting and crocheting , embroidery, pottery, woodworkshop, cooking...it was fun and I think it's a really good thing to keep exposing kids to. Unfortunately I'm like you, I have not been doing much of anything in the creativity department myself. I kind of expect that I will be able to pick up my own projects again come high school, when the kids will be able to work side by side with me as opposed to need me to help them learn their skills.

Workout today was cardio super sets, skipping a few things due to back and shoulder issues, making up for it by adding in slide and glide cardio and abs. I can't believe how sore I am from leg cardio blasts!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Cathlete
cab0899's Profile Fields

I've had lots of computer issues this week! Took yesterday off as was tired and had lots of DOMS! Enjoying all these new workouts. Tomorrow will be the last day of week one already.

We have a blizzard warning for tomorrow. Since I see outpatients, I may have a very slow work day tomorrow. Hope the driving isn't too bad.

I'm finding it a very long, tiring week after 2 weeks of holidays! Looking forward to the weekend!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:40 AM
Cathlete

I found my first week back tiring too, Kim! It sure will be nice to have the weekend! We had snow yesterday, but it didn't stick around, much to my kids disappointment....

I'm going to do legs today. Doms are finally normalizing some... Lol!