Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

<<<*** STS 6 Month Alumni - 2013!!!! ***>>>

This is a discussion on <<<*** STS 6 Month Alumni - 2013!!!! ***>>> within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Oh Cendrine, I'm so sorry you're under the weather! Not a fun way to start the new year! Have some ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Cathlete
Runcrazy's Profile Fields

Oh Cendrine, I'm so sorry you're under the weather! Not a fun way to start the new year! Have some chicken soup! I watched Dr. Oz today (never seen it before) and he confirmed chicken soup actually helps with cold and flu symtoms and speeds recovery! Hope you're better soon!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Cathlete
cab0899's Profile Fields

Thanks for your insights into 2013 fitness goals! I see you both as good models for myself to explore what my own body needs and reacts to. I really need to be less of a follower and make my own decisions. I have really cleaned up my eating in the last 2 years with some good advice from this group! I sure notice the difference with some bad eating the last couple of weeks over the holidays.

My health/fitness goals for 2013 are to concentrate on lower ab strength and I hope to be able to master the horizontal conditioning dvds by the end of the year. I also want to continue to explore cleaner eating and how my body reacts and to decrease the amount of steady state cardio and to use more HITT/Tabacata/Metabolic training for cardio and try to do these workouts early in the morning.

I love that we all have specific fitness goals for 2013. I think it helps so much to be focused and to have a specific goal!

Jo, what a great goal, 20 pushups! Now my issue is I can do 20 pushups on my toes probably a little more and I can keep with Cathe on most weights but I feel like my body is to thick/heavy in some spots and I still have such a belly! So interesting how every body is different.
Are you sore from the workouts???

Cendrine, I sure hope you are feeling better soon! I'm just about over it I think. I did workout yesterday, Athletic Training, and sure could feel that my energy was still super low. That's neat about the soundtrack in HITT, I wonder if Cathe saw that movie with her boys? I love your goal of being able to complete Tabatacise (one of my goals is to learn to spell it). I'm really curious about that workout!

I haven't received my calendar or my workouts yet. Today dd, my mom and I are going crosscountry skiing, I'm going to see how tired I am after that and if I'm ok maybe I'll do a horizonal conditioning dvd . I'm off work/kids school until Monday after we feeling better/the entertaining is done so we can start to do some projects/fun stuff.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Cathlete

Hey I missed the entire day due to a migraine! Will post (and workout again) tomorrow!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Cathlete
cab0899's Profile Fields

So sorry to hear that Jo! Hope both you and Cendrine are feeling better!!

Just popping in to tell you that XTrain arrived!!! That was fast and there were no custom charges! But no calendar yet .

I already worked out did volume3 of horizontal conditioning so will start a rotation tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Cathlete
cendrine's Profile Fields

Kim, I'm so happy you got the DVDs! Have fun with them!

I have not been able to work out and my eating has been less than stellar... So much for that, but I am feeling like I'm over the worst of it. I had two nights of fever, so much so that I woke up drenched, even my hair, but I think it nuked the bug out of me because I don't feel feverish today and have no headache either. So I'm thinking I'll be ready come Monday to hit it hard!

Jo, such a bummer when life upsets our fitness plans! But we know how to pick up where we left off, right?
Old 01-05-2013, 01:30 AM
Cathlete

Oh you guys, I'm sick...I just wrote a huge post and lost it! So frustrating! I need to go to bed so am not going to try and rewrite the entire post, but will try and write more tomorrow!!! This is so frustrating!!! Bottom line...love this new series... Kim I think you'll love this!! Cendrine, so glad you're getting through this cold or flu! I feel like a million bucks and hurt everywhere in a good way!!!!!!

I'll post again tomorrow!

PS. I signed up for school again but am only taking one class!
Old 01-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Cathlete
cab0899's Profile Fields

Oh how frustrating Jo!!!! Good luck on the class
You are right that I would love this series. Did chest/back//shoulders and added on the 100 challenge. I think I will be feeling it tomorrow!

Sure hope you are over the worst of it Cendrine! Are you taking it easy over the weekend?
Old 01-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Cathlete
cab0899's Profile Fields

Cardio leg blast and 100 rep challenge (hip thrusts) done. Dh is doing the 90 rotation with me. Feeling my shoulders from yesterday and DH is complaining about his chest.

How is everyone else doing? Hope everyone is feeling better!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Cathlete

Well can you believe it? I've been off and on all weekend still struggling with migraines (what's going on???). So I missed a couple of days of working out. I decided I'm going to start the rotation over tomorrow.

Kim, I'm so happy for you your DVD's showed and up you are on the train! LOL! Oh, and I have been sore this week but loving every minute of it! Hope your calendar shows up this week!

Cendrine, I hope you're over being sick!

DH and I started spring cleaning today. Yes, started with the office and we are sorting, throwing, shredding and collecting for Goodwill. I feel good to work through the clutter! It's way over do!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Cathlete

Oh Kim, did you see TBL starts tonight? It just came on...did you see it?