::: • CHEETAHS • ::: it's beginning to look a lot like Weight Watchers!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
…at least for me! Holy hell, do I need to clean this up! (I'll say only: Easy Cheese & Better Cheddars. EGADS!)

Top o' the hump day morning, everyone! :)

Jackieoh my goodness! I’m so sorry about your BIL. Lotsa (((HUGS))) and prayers goin’ out to you & the family. Where is the bullet lodged? Please keep us posted.

Wendy—I enjoy my days alright, especially when they end with a “gingerbread!” *lol* But yeah, days are jam-packed, so I’m perfectly OK with sleeping later than expected! :D…Ha! My all-time favorite part of A Christmas Story is when Santa boots Ralphie down the slide. Still hilarious every time.

Judy—Nope, I am not sweating the workout at all. Too busy to get upset about little stuff like that. My ITB really only bothers me during running. Menu looks good. Is there room for a few cheetahs @ Chez Judy?

Wendi— that danged cold is hangin’ on, eh? Pfff! Well, I guess it’s better you get it out of your system now, so you can fully enjoy that day off comin’ to ya! IA that is quite cheeky of the newb to expect a ½ day on top of her two days off…Oh, thank you re: the titles. Glad if I can make someone smile…thanks for egging on the countdown! Appreciate the rah-rahs!
th_big_smile.png

Christine—oh bugger—that is always irksome when a post is lost. Yay for snow! Loved the story of the Christmas Eve proposal. How romantic. Thanks a bundle for the heads up about IE.

Carole—good to hear you enjoyed your time in LA and managed to avoid the Happys. *lol* Welcome back! Missed you. Nothin’ like a fresh salsa. Did you bring any home? My ITB is OK…it really only bothers me during/after a run. OK, please do tell how your client acquired the name Roadkill.
th_laugh2.gif

Linda—I was supervising an event at school, so I wouldn’t say it was fun fun, but I will get paid for it. Can’t complain. “Silent Night” *is* a beautiful song. I have many favorites, too.

Laura—agree with all that I enjoy hearing about your life overseas…What do you miss most about the States?

Brighton—glad DH was able to work from home and avoid some nasty conditions. Sounds like things cleared up by lunchtime…Read your blog entry, and love your style! Ironic, isn’t it, that we do see a lot of ugliness this time of year? Which is all the more reason, I suppose, to stay calm and show compassion.

Shelly—how much accumulation did you get there? We had some light hail here and then sleet for the evening commute, but nothing major. I am getting a nice, long break and will not be bringing home ANY work. Remember—you’re keeping your slapping hands at-the-ready.
th_biggrin.gif
Extremely big-hearted of you to sacrifice your holiday for the moms you work with.

Gloria—I was supervising a fundraiser pickup. Our last day is Tuesday (½ day). How about yours? I’m a Ben Stiller fan—that is a good one. Better than the sequel, IMO.

Dallas—shocking story about your BIL. Shot in the head and he recovered? Did he retain his eyesight as the article suggested? Totally feel on you on the days passing in a blur. Great job getting a workout in.

A shout-out to Posh, (((HUGS))) to Karen, and a hi to all others I may be accidentally overlooking.

Back to the QoD about the most meaningful gift: *lol*I totally misunderstood the question and thought we were supposed to answer with the most meaningful gift we have ever GIVEN to someone else. Didn’t realize this til I saw everyone else’s responses. Duh. So, excuse my nonsensical original response. :D…It’s still a hard question. Hmm… I would have to say the annual Christmas package my Oma and Opa used to send was most special. It would arrive just before Christmas, a box wrapped in plain brown paper and tied with string for security. It was filled with German chocolates and other treats, which we would try to ration out as long as possible, paper dolls, a small gift for each of us, plus something for the whole family, like maybe a holiday tablecloth or new advent calendar. When you saw the mailman drive up directly in front of the house, it meant instant giddiness for my sister and me because we knew he’d be coming up that walk with a package tucked under his arm.

Well, each morning I am waking up later and later. *lol* I feel vaca mode comin’ on!
th_joke.gif
Have a 4 pm doc appointment, and then we’ll see about a workout here.

Have a wonderful one!

Last edited:
Good Morning Girls.

LMAO at the thread title this morning! :D Thanks Cathy.

Cathy: OMG easy cheese is da bomb!!!! Oh yes the slide scene is great but ofcourse there is also the flagpole scene and when Ralphie's dad catches the dogs eating his turkey!!!! :D:D:D
Oh and I don't know if you looked it up yet but here are the lyrics to the "Christmas Shoes" song I mentioned. Just reading it made me tear up...:eek:

It was almost Christmas time
There I stood in another line
Trying to buy that last gift or two
Not really in the Christmas mood
Standing right in front of me
Was a little boy waiting anxiously
Pacing around like little boys do
And in his hands he held
A pair of shoes

And his clothes were worn and old
He was dirty from head to toe
And when it came his time to pay
I couldn't believe what I heard him say

Sir I wanna buy these shoes for my Momma please
It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size
Could you hurry Sir?
Daddy says there's not much time
You see, she's been sick for quite a while
And I know these shoes will make her smile
And I want her to look beautiful
If Momma meets Jesus, tonight.

He counted pennies for what seem like years
And cashier says son there's not enough here
He searched his pockets franticly
And he turned and he looked at me
He said Momma made Christmas good at our house
Though most years she just did without
Tell me Sir
What am I gonna do?
Some how I’ve got to buy her these Christmas shoes

So I layed the money down
I just had to help him out
And I'll never forget
The look on his face
When he said Momma's gonna look so great.

Sir I wanna buy these shoes, for my Momma please
Could you hurry Sir?
You see, she's been sick for quite a while
And I want her to look beautiful,
If Momma meets Jesus tonight.

I knew I caught a glimpse of heavens love as he thanked me and ran out.
I know that God had sent that little boy to remind me
What Christmas is all about

Sir I wanna buy these shoes for my Momma please
Could you hurry Sir?
You see she's been sick for quite a while
And I want her to look beautiful
If Momma meets Jesus tonight

I want her to look beautiful
If Momma meets Jesus tonight

So I'm workin' today and it's my rest day. Good thing I guess as I have kettlebell legs BIG time after y'day's work out!:eek:

BBL!

Hiya Cheetahs!!

Jackie – continued prayers for your BIL. When you get a chance, please let us know how he’s doing?

Carole – glad to hear you had a great time! Sounds like a wonderful run through the canals! YES! Running in sand is hard.

Linda – I love your story about your Hug a Bunch! Thanks for sharing! Great job at getting in MM! ITA with your rule about Cathe workouts! :p Did Madison forgive you for putting her out in the rain? Jimmy doesn’t mind the rain – he’ll go out and just stand there getting wet. I sometimes wonder just how smart he really is. :p

Laura – I like your idea with meat and eggs. You’re right, those are a big luxury for most people in the world. I just subscribed to vegetarian magazine for the same reason – to eat less meat. Every year for Lent I give up meat, too. (well, except fish and we have that only occasionally – I call it Catholic vegetarian :p).

Brighton – glad DH did not have to go out to the job site yesterday! Definitely was not worth the risk. I’ve driven some of those roads! :p I’m glad you’re feeling better! I’m just tired of coughing, but I’m thinking I’m on the mend.

Wendy – Oh enjoy your Bell rotation!! I will be doing something like that as my ride gets closer. I like how the bells work the muscles differently. Glad you enjoyed your run! I’ve always heard “Christmas Shoes” as a poem – I love it. Thanks for posting it!

Shelly – Oh enjoy that snowfall! I love the first snow fall of winter!! It’s so peaceful! We absolutely understand how life can get in the way of posting. I might get to hike through the snow soon – looks like the temps are going to hover here for a bit and we’re getting a lot of rain. :p

Gloria – loved your story about the photo – I’ll bet that is special. And beautiful! Yes the rest day was nice, thank you. Yeah, I get Monday and Tuesday off next week, then the company is giving W-F off. I have to work Monday and Tuesday the following week, but I can work from home if I want. Depends on who’s around and how much commotion is going on. :eek:

Dallas – that scary about what happened to your BIL! I seriously think we all need to be hyper aware right now with the economy the way it is, and if what the news claims does happen, it’s only going to get worse. We’re using the alarm system in our house for the first time in a long time.

Cathy – your thread titles are KILLING me! Thanks for the morning smiles! I’m with you on the WW thing. Holy Toledo! We’re getting closer to our time off!! Once the drug induced haze wears off, I’m smiling my head off! :p Oh, I love your story about the most meaningful gift! How sweet!

I’m going to try to get in LIC today. I’m feeling better – but still in a bit of a drug induced haze. I have to take Nyquil or I don’t sleep. And the foggy head is better than the exhausted head, believe me! It was so cold here yesterday that the snow was at 300 feet!! I've lived here for 9 years and have never seen it that low. It was on the low foothills around our house. Amazing! Still cold today. Temps are in the 20’s, which is really unusual for here.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...so what the heck is Easy Cheese? LOL about the thread title...:D..This fresh salsa is wonderful. No, I didn't bring any home. I probably should have, but it might have forced me to buy and eat chips!! Roadkill was this hardcore lady "rode hard and put away wet" kinda gal. She was scrawny, had some Meth issues and constantly talked to herself under the dryer...so bizarre! Loved your meaningful gift. How special.

Wendy...Running in the dry sand is tough, the wet sand, not so bad. Still snowing there? Loved the lamp in "A Christmas Story"

Christine..Thanks for the IE info. As I posted in the Open Forum, I have used Firefox for a few years as IE always seemed so slow to me and Firefox is faster and YES, more secure. Seems like we have the same weather. Might have some more snow tomorrow and Friday. Sorry you are feeling puny, hope you are better soon.

Linda...I have that same rule about Cathe workouts! I still have them all..:)..The "Hug a Bunch" sounds like a very meaningful gift. MM is a fun one...good run yesterday too. My little dog does not like the rain much but the lab sure does.

Laura..I stopped eating meat for ethical and health reasons. Read too many books!

Brighton...How is the blizzard weather today? Yes running in the sand is tough, I should have run in the wet sand! Sweet meaningful gift story. How are you enjoying the BB series?

Gloria...this has been a favorite Mexican place for me since my High School days and it has not seemed to change. It is normally packed when you go there. Good job with the 6 miles yesterday.

Jackie...How are things with your BIL? I still am shocked at what happened.

Shelly...How nice you got to enjoy your first snow! Thanks for the card. There was still some snow here and during my run yesterday I enjoyed the view. It was nice to get back into the weights yesterday!

Dallas...I can't believe your BIL was shot too!! How is he? I think this time of year seems to promote crime. It helps to be very aware of your surroundings. I rarely walk anywhere at night especially alone.

It was so nice to be back home yesterday. My HS BF is great to stay with but her eating is funny! She has always been a one big meal girl! That is tough for me as I eat every few hours!! I LOL when she consumed 4 brownies in a row one day...I was happy not to gain any weight when I was gone...:)

Today will be B&G standing and a 5-6 mile tempo run.

Have a great day...
wreath4.gif

Hi Cheetahs!

Super quick, because I overslept and have to work out before the TV ppl come back to work. UGH! Anyway, I had to share this....:D:eek: I gave one of our bus drivers Amy's 10 Min Sol BC!!!! :eek: My neighbor just called and said, "My tag says to Chuck" Oh my....I was laughing so hard! I switched the gifts! I would love to see his face when he opens his Christmas gift from us! LOL!!!:D I hope to make the swap this afternoon. I hope he realizes that he got the wrong gift! Good grief!

Better get to the workout. It will be total body workout and a short cardio. Maybe I'll make it into a circuit. :)

Oh, my bil is ok...I didn't say that y-day. He had multiple surgeries though and still needs more work done after all this time. :confused: My poor sister. My heart breaks for her. it hasn't been easy for her.:(

~TTFN

FYI: AOS has 20% of KB and Firepower were the deals y-day. I haven't checked what today's deal is. I know you ladies already get those emails. Also, www.muscledriverusa.com seems to have better KB deals. I don't know how the two KBs compare though.

Hiya cheetahs! Still a good inch of snow on the ground here even tho there was some rain/snow mix last night. Unfortunately the roads are quite icy and we do have to go out to pick up some items. Well, we arent in a hurry at least so DH can take it slow and easy. He is great at driving under bad conditions.

I'll be heading out soon for a 6 mile run and later I'd like to get in a nice sweaty circuit.... maybe HSC but I'm not sure yet.

Brighton- I read your blog yest.... very interesting insight into people's behavior and anger responses. we've all at one time or another given into those impulsive anger type responses and it never makes us feel better.... only worse. Some people can learn from this and control it better... some people never learn as you experienced!

Linda- I went back and peaked at your race report for your 5k. Great job!!! That's pretty normal to be more nervous at the shorter distance races. I feel pretty relaxed at the start of the marathons and HMs but I feel quite keyed up before the 5 and 10ks!! It's alot more difficult to get the pacing right and very easy to go out way too fast (at least for me).

Gloria- Don't blame you for avoiding those icy roads and sticking to the TM! So... even those rambunctious kids would rather stay indoors for recess?? Must be COLD!!! LOL.

Dallas- Pretty sobering report re: recent crime wave, muggings, etc.
I was giving serious thought to taking a self defense class while I was still in Az but got distracted. My situation here is actually more dangerous with my commute so I think I'll be looking into it again. Being fit doesn't help much when you don't know how to apply it when it counts!

Cathy- Love those creative thread titles!!! Oh my, you mentioned my absolute #1 food weakness. I can resist sweets and salties all day long but CHEESE??? Can't get enough!!! Never did give serious thought to becoming a vegan because of that. With the soy based "cheese" I have at least cut down on dairy tho. Glad to hear that you are committed to having a work free holday period but I'll keep the slapping hands ready just in case. We had a total of about 3 inches yest but the level is down now... still quite pretty outside. I may be singing a different tune when we have to go out in it later!

Wendy- Love that Christmas song! I'm a sap for that kind of stuff! Hope you are truly enjoying your rest day and will soon finish up with the Christmas shopping, etc.

Christine- Glad you are feeling better and hope you can break thru that drug haze successfully and get LIC done (LOL) Snow down to 300 ft???
That is pretty unusual.... should be a nice hike for ya when you get to it!

Carole- Nice long tempo run for you today supercheetah!!! I'm like you in the eating habits.... constantly fueling the furnace so to speak but I hate stuffing myself. That eating mentality of starving yourself all day long and then going crazy in one meal is pretty common and I believe a major source of the obesity epidemic in this country.

Jackie- How is your BIL doing? Continuing with the prayers for him and you and your family!!!

That about catches me up for now cheetahs. Time to get movin!

Shelly

Last edited:
Good Morning, Everyone! :D

Well, got the workout in yesterday as planned, so I'm happy... And finally got the ornaments on the tree, so I'd say it was a pretty successful day! :p Today I have a 5 mile tempo run planned with DH.

The weather here is still holding strong-- it comes and goes throughout the day. I think we're expecting snow storms all week with a break on Thursday. I'm really hoping those weathermen are right, because we're supposed to be meeting our friends (along with my friend who's fighting brain cancer) in SLC to see the Christmas lights downtown.

Today is DS's preschool Christmas party, so this morning I'll be in the kitchen making cookies for that. Always something to do! And maybe I'll get those Christmas cards in the mail today. :eek:

Christine: Thanks for the heads up with IE... I love Firefox. I started using it a few months ago cuz we were having so many glitches with IE! Sounds like it was a good switch! :) LOL about the *Catholic vegetarian.* Love it! :D I'm sorry you're still feeling under the weather. Hope you kick this bug soon-- that drug haze is no fun! :(

Linda: Auggh! Computer problems are so frustrating. Hope you're able to get the glitches taken care of!

Gloria: Loved your meaningful gift story. There's always someone in the family that makes us a little nutty at times, isn't there? ;) So nice you were able to have a great time & such a nice memento!

Dallas: My goodness! I am SO sorry to hear about your BIL! What a senseless act! :mad: Seriously, what on earth is wrong with people? How is he doing today?

Cathy: ROFLOL about the thread title along with your Easy Cheese & Better Cheddars! :D Yeah, the weather was actually gorgeous by about 11:30 am... then the snow came back in the evening. Guess it's supposed to be like that on and off all week. Pffft. Utah weather. *shrugs* Thanks, re:blog. I've always loved writing... but mostly do it just for myself. Started the blog to share with my family, cuz they've always liked reading my stuff for whatever reason. ;) ITA about slowing down & showing compassion this time of year. I don't understand how you could savor this time of year running around at break-neck speed with a bad attitude to boot! :p Love your gift story-- I'd get excited too if I knew German chocolates were on the way! :D

Wendy: Enjoy that day of rest! :D Oh, I love *A Christmas Story*... ITA, so many classic moments!

Carole: I like the BB series-- don't pull out the Timesaver DVD very often, but it was the perfect fit for yesterday. Guess that's why I hang on to all the DVDs like you do! ;) The one I did used a lot of footage from Step Blast-- I had forgotten how much fun that one is... it's been awhile! :) Love the lamp from *A Christmas Story.* One of my sister's & my favorite moments is when the lamp arrives in the box... "Frah-gee-lay... It must be Italian!" :D :D :D

Jackie & Karen: (((HUGS))) and well-wishes for you and your families. Lots of thoughts & prayers.

Hi to Shelly, Posh, Laura, Wendi & Judy!

Hope everyone has a nice day! :)

Good morning!

Christine – I will try to download it when I get home this evening! Thanks! LOL…I can just picture Jimmy standing out in the rain! Madison doesn’t mind it if it is just for a little while….but after a while, she looks through the sliding door at us with the most pitiful look on her face! She knows how to play us! ;) Enjoy LIC and hope you’re feeling 100% soon!

Wendy – Hmmm – It is very tempting to start a KB rotation, but I just ordered Chalene Extreme last Friday, and am anxiously awaiting STS….so I figure I will be doing these two systems for a while. But, the KB is very tempting! You have got me interested in giving them another chance! Oh my!! I cry every time I hear that Christmas Shoes song! I mean, I “Literally sob” when I hear that song!!

Dallas – Yay! I am so glad you liked CC#7! I love it! I am glad your BI: is okay! My gosh, that is terrible! I agree…..we probably should all take self defense classes. I am tempted to start carrying my pepper spray that I carried while running this summer! Not that it would guarantee any protection, but it could help! :) LMBO about switching the presents!

Gloria – That was sweet that your BIL framed that pic for you! And the trip to Livingston sounded good, too! ;) I can just imagine how cold it would feel in ND and Wyoming, without any trees to break the wind! Where my BIL and sis are….there are really no mountains or hills close by….they are way off in the distance, so I’ll bet that really allows the wind to pick up tremendously, too! Brr!

Cathy – Oh man, can I ever relate to the thread title this morning!!! If people don’t stop bringing me chocolate, cookies (homemade), etc…I am going to scream!!! What is “Easy Cheese”? Getting paid for the extra hours sure makes it a lot nicer! Your most meaningful gift sounds so sweet! I wish people were still in that “mode” during Christmas! It is just too commercialized.

Carole – LOL….about your friend and her four brownies! I used to do that! :eek: I have always heard that labs are supposed to like rain/water! I guess Madison is a wuss! ;) Enjoy your run and B&G!

Dag – gone it, I turned my alarm off and went back to sleep this morning, so no workout for me :( I hope to get it in after work today. There is supposed to be a 5 mile run (on the route that Patty and I used to run during the summer) tonight with the running club that is putting on the Winter Series. They are running through the City Park to look at the Christmas lights. We were wanting to do that, but I don’t know for sure if I will. Too rainy and cold! We will see!

Hey to everyone!! I will try to BBL!

Hey Shellly!

Wow, I've been doing the simultaneous post a lot lately. :) Thanks re:blog... that's so nice of you. Be careful out there running on those slick roads!!! Hope you & DH has a safe day driving as well. I know how it is-- my DH is really good at driving in the crazy weather too... but I still worry waaaay too much! Hope you're able to get those killer workouts in! You ARE Crazy Cheetah! ;) Ah, we love ya for it!

Shelly - We were posting at the same time! THanks, regarding my 5k. I agree with you...that is what I have found, too! Be careful out there in the icy conditions! Glad your DH is good at driving in them! My DH is, too....so I usually ride to work with him when it is like that :) (we work together). Enjoy your day!

Brighton - Posting at the same time, too! Great job on getting the workout in yesterday! Enjoy the run today, as well as meeting your friends to see the lights! The weather just doesn't seem to be cutting you any breaks at all, does it? Stay safe! Is your friend doing any better? Sending prayers her way!

Linda! :)

See? Here I'm doing it again with the simultaneous post! :)

Hope you're able to get your workout in later... I know what a challenge that can be this time of year! My friend is about the same... not great. A couple days ago she didn't even remember one of our friends-- someone she was roommates with for over a year. It's tough. There are good days and bad days, so we just keep hoping for the good ones. Hopefully the medication will help like it did earlier this summer and things will improve-- but it's hard to say. Just a tough situation. :( So, yeah, we're hoping the weather holds out for us! It's to be expected for us this time of year, but we've been so unseasonably warm for the last couple months-- all this snow has been a shock to the system! :)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers for my BIL. He's still in a lot of pain but doctor says he should be ok. One of the sons was home from college already on Christmas break. The other one should get there today. My sis told me he bought a one way ticket. Guess he wasn't sure how long he would be there. It just makes me furious that you have hard working people trying to make a living and then some low life thug comes by and wants to take everything from you. :mad: Thanks again for the prayers and support. I know they will come through this ok. You ladies are the best.

Wendy - Sounds like you love the KB workouts and they're getting the job done for you. How's the eating going? Horrible things happening definitely make you stop and think. Love the flagpole scene! Cracks me up every time. :D Enjoy your rest day.

Shelly - Glad you're enjoying the snow. It is much nicer when you don't have to drive in it. Did you build a snowman? Thanks for the card. I'm getting a heavy bag for Christmas or my DD has me thinking I'm getting one. :D The run felt good yesterday. Legs were a little stiff but quickly warmed up. Be careful in the ice today. Glad you got caught up on some things. Enjoy your run and circuit.

Brighton - Sorry for the parking lot incidence. People are even more inconsiderate and insensitive. :confused: Maybe they should give some classes on how to cope this time of year and make them mandatory. :p Probably wouldn't help though. Good job with the workout! So, the tree is all up and has the gifts under it? Have a good run today.

Christine - That was my sentiment too. Why not just take the wallet and leave. I don't have all the details yet but I'm wondering if they followed him home or was watching the house or neighborhood. Once he's feeling better I'm sure we will get more info. Thanks for the info on IE. Feel better and stay warm.

Linda - You still did good with the race. Bet you will do better with that 5 miler. This nasty weather just makes you want to pulll the covers over your head. The run through the park sounds like it would be fun to see the lights. But, I don't know about the cold and rain. Just takes something away from it. :confused:

Gloria - Good job with the 6 miles! We still missed all of the ice in my town. Some others didn't fare as well. Be careful out there and stay warm. When is the last day of school?

Dallas - Thanks for your thoughts. Since my sis lives in your city, it's hard to get all the details. I'm sure she's getting plenty of phone calls and having to cancel credit cards. I didn't want to put too much stress on her until BIL is better. So, I don't know if the guys have been caught. It was a good thing she was home when it happened. Glad your BIL is ok. Will say a prayer for the family. It's hard. I fear with the economy the way it is, we will see more of this kind of stuff. Everyone should be more vigilant in being aware of their surroundings. Funny about the gift mix up. :D

Cathy - Weight Watchers!! :D We may all need that come Jan. 2. :eek: The bullet is lodged in a stomach muscle and the doc thought it might do more harm to remove it at this point. They will xray to monitor. Yay for vacation mode. Hope all goes well with dr. appt.

Carole - One big meal is hard for me to. Shucks, I eat 6 times a day. I finally got DBF out of that habit too. I think it has helped him tremendously too. He use to get 2-3 colds a year. Now, it might be one if that. I told him working out and eating better probably had something to do with it. Enjoy B&G and your tempo run.

Today's workout was Shred 3 and Cardio Sculpt Express. Shooting from the hip is not so bad after all.

Have a wonderful day ladies!

Carole – Glad you use Firefox and are not affected by the security hole. I think I will be switching permanently, too. Yep, some weather. Today is to be the only clear day, then more rain and/or snow. Oh, I can’t eat one meal a day – that would drive me batty, too! :eek:

Dallas – too funny about the tag mix up! Glad BIL is okay, but sorry he needs more work!

Shelly – Oh enjoy your snowy run! Yep got LIC done – no longer in a drug haze now I’m just tired. :p

Brighton – Good job in getting in the workout. Hopefully you’re snow free in order to make the Christmas lights with your friends. Oh have fun at the Christmas party with DS!

Linda – cool. I think Firefox is a better app over all, anyone. Jimmy has such a thick undercoat (I know because it ends up all over my floor a couple times a year) that I don’t think he feels the rain. Goofy dog. Yeah, they do know how to play us, don’t they? They’re smarter than we give them credit for!

Jackie – I am glad to hear your BIL should be okay. ITA with you on being furious that hard working people are going about being attacked by these low lifes who act as if they deserve it. Um, no! Prayers continuing.

Well, did LIC. I don’t know if I have ever done that whole workout just as is. It was fun. Pretty light on the weight work, but that’s okay. It’s what I needed today. DH had me laughing this morning. He told me I had entertained the entire neighborhood last night with my snoring. :eek: I told him he should have just turned me over and he said that he didn’t want to disturb me as he knew I needed the sleep. Awwww….

Oh, and on the totally OT side – a great way to keep the cars from slipping and protect the town from vampires, as well! http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2008/12/17/garlic.salt.roads.kcci

Good evening ladies!

Well, I hate to admit it, but this cold kicked my arse:confused::mad::(. Yesterday was probably the worst...fever, sweats, chills, shakes, sinus, sore throat, you name it. Let me tell ya that riding when you feel like that just plain sux:confused:. Thankfully, today was my day off from work so I was able to lay low with DSO today and am happy to say that I definitely feel like I'm on the upswing. Yeah, my uber-busy;) day consisted of taking the car in for service, breakfast at Ihop (hey, no comments from the peanut gallery!), a nap, decorate tree, pick up car...yeeeup, just what the doctor ordered for today:).

I *think* I should be up for a workout tomorrow morning. I won't do anything hardcore, probably something easy like LIC or LIS cardio.

I have a rather large stack of Christmas cards that I have to get done tonight so I will have to forego personals until tomorrow...sorry:eek:. But I do want to let those Cheetahs that need it know that you and your loved ones continue to be in my prayers.

Have a good night ladies!

Last edited:
Finally could get some computer time today. I guess “busy” is the name of the game.

Linda ~ Congrats on your first race of your series. Nice time too! ☺ IA with Wendy, I for sure, would have fallen/slipped on the track. Great run. I got your card…thank you! What’s a “Hug A Bunch”? I turned my alarm off too. I usually hit the snooze button. :confused: I can't be doing that the next few days!

Wendy ~ You’re moving on up in the KB world re: the 30lb. It was cheaper getting that 30# online than at a store? Speaking of going all bells for a month, did you see that rotation I posted about “Attacking the Fat”? That song you posted always makes me cry too. Did you ever see the movie with Rob Lowe? I caught the end of it.

Gloria ~ Yes, William Sonoma has recipes on their website. I made a mashed potato recipe for Thanksgiving. It turned out great. ☺ I love checking out the “real” store in our mall. I could buy everything in there. I love to cook, bake, etc. Hope the roads are better. There were sooo many accidents yesterday. My stomach was in knots by the time I got home. Thank you for the card.

Cathy ~ Yes, I think it’s cool that they changed the CDC to RNR. ☺ However, I love that John Bingham. I thought it was neat that he was MCing. I’m sure the music on the route will liven it up. I figured the half will be right where I will need to be mileage wise for the full. Yikes,:eek: I still can’t believe that I’m going to attempt it! LOL Those Christmas Vacation movies are funny. I always laugh at Home Alone. *lol’d* at your thread title. :D Yes, my bil was shot in the temple and the bullet exited his mouth. However, the whole inside of his mouth had to be reconstructed. He has had numerous surgeries. He has an amazing spirit and is a fighter. Cute about the package from your grandparents in Germany.:)

Judy ~ You’re welcome. ☺ That’s a nice family tradition and some yummy Italian food. WTG on the 10 miles outside.

Wendi ~ Oh, sorry you're feeling worse. :( That's pretty much how I felt, but no fever - I just felt like one was coming any moment. Take it easy, OK? I think tomorrow everyone will be back at school. It’s been tough getting stuff done. That story you shared the other day was freaky!!!!:eek:

Christine ~ I feel your pain with the lost post! ☹ Thanks about the Firepower DVD description. I will soon see. Loved your “meaningful gift story”. :) Thanks for the heads up on the IE security issue. :eek: *lol'd* at the snoring story. You must have been tired! Oh dear, you're still not feeling well either. Hope you're snoring away again tonight! ;)

Carole ~ Your runs on your little getaway sounded so nice. Glad you had some time to unwind and relax. See what I wrote to Cathy re: my bil. Isn't that sad that there's more crime during the holidays!?! Like Christine said, the way the economy is, I fear things are only going to get worse. :( God help us.

Laura ~ Thanks, I’ve been meaning to get that one re: the cookbook. It’s time as Dh told me he won’t be eating meat anymore. I don’t eat much, so I’m glad we’re on the same page…FINALLY! ;) Cute about your DD. My DS5 still talks about his episode from several Christmas mornings ago. :eek: Poor thing must have been traumatized. LOL That’s interesting about the eggs being used for currency. How’s training going?

Brighton ~ Glad your last 6.4 miles went well. Sleep is nice! ;) MY fil makes my mil a smoothy w/ginger and turmeric. He has friends from India so he says he has the best quality turmeric. :D How do you mix your little concoction? I’m still in need of some anti-inflammatory help. **Sigh** You’re welcome re: the card. That was sweet what your DH did with your needlepoint work. I get the CE magazine too. I love that magazine. I still make a lot of recipes from the first issue. ☺ I’ll have to check out your blog. Do you have family you keep in touch with via the blog? My family is all joining FB, so I guess we'll be sharing pictures, etc there. :)

Jackie ~ Glad your bil will be ok. it does make me mad too. :mad: Which town do they live in? I can understand if you don't want it on here - an open forum. My sister is still not doing well because of it. It's going on 2 years now. :( It was hard getting details too. I know exactly where you're coming from. I didn't want to call too much either. Of course, I was laid up due to the hysterectomy. Continued prayers for all of you. ((HUGS)) It's terrible to be so far away. I know you want to be with your sister.

Shelly ~ Thanks for the card. You’re so sweet. Wow, you’re knitting a sweater. Can we see pictures of it? We have a talented bunch of Cheetahs! That was super sweet of you to work for the nurse with kids. ☺ You ARE a trooper!!!! ((HUGS))

Where's Posh!?!? Posh, a Frank Christmas song just started playing on my computer and iTunes wasn't even open?!?! I thought you were sending it to me or something. LOL! It's still playing! :eek: How's is this happening?

I think I'm caught up. Now to figure out where that music came from...my computer is haunted. :eek: Tomorrow is Christmas parties at the schools. I probably won't get here until late again.

Nighty-night

Oh, the QoD: I'd have to say the most meaningful gift was when my biological sister sent me a plane ticket to Florida. We then drove to South Carolina to meet my bio brother for the first time. She grew up with him. I didn't. He didn't even know about me. :eek: The look on his face....priceless. :) There also was a family reunion and I met tons of blood relatives for the first time. One aunt, rather old, kept calling me a "wild deer". LOL She thought I was my bio mom! ha ha! We had so much fun and SC is just beautiful.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.