::: • CHEETAHS • ::: got run over by a Monday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone! :)

How the heck did Monday get here so fast?

Wendi—OMG, the sweatshirt with the denim V on it? Rip-roarin’ hilarious! I really enjoy reading the responses, too. Thanks for sharing the story about your houseguest. Eerie! I don’t think I would be able to venture into the basement alone. I’m a chicken like that. I hope you can get those work issues ironed out. Bosshole should know not to rankle his MVP’s feathers!! :)

I kept it to 3 miles yesterday. Had to do the run first because it was starting to get dark. Began to feel some ITB discomfort around mile 2, so I decided not to push the mileage. I think I am just going to keep icing and rolling and keep the runs short for the time being. It still felt great to be out there. Afterward, I followed up with the 4DS weight work “be ba bi” (*lol*) and legs (just two rounds).

Today is a rest day. Last night of interviews. So, I’ve got a couple more marathon workdays ahead…BUT 7 days til vaca! :D :D :D

Have a great day!

Someone else want to throw out a holiday QOD?

Oh, Cathy! Great, great title! I am ROFLOL. BBL but just had to say how much I love your funny title.

And, YES, I meant to say "Wendy" on the post about the African electricity. As you can see, I haven't *quite* got everyone straight yet. :eek:

Last edited:
Good Morning Cheetahs.

I can hardly believe I never got back here yesterday. :eek:

The massage and facial were fabulous but they left me feeling sleepy all day long. Christmas shopping was successful though we aren't finished yet. I think we will go out one last time this week and then we should be done. HOORAY! :)

No work today. Today's work out will be a run. Most likely a 60 min ITread I think. I also have to stop at the post office and I'd like to hit Sports Authority to check out thier kettlebell selection. I am ready to move up in weight for swings. I found good deal online but I just want to see if I can score a better deal by going local w/no shipping before I order it. ;) I will likely also stop at the foodstore at some point. We need things like milk and bread....

Christine: Yup, friday night was definately fun! Sorry you are still feeling congested. I hope you are at 100% soon! How did the soup turn out? I love soup but am not motivated to make my own. :rolleyes:

Laura: I am sure alot of people are under the incorrect assumption that all of Africa is third world because the only thing you've ever heard about here in the states is the poverty and famine. :( ITA that Cathy's thread title is funny. She comes up with some good ones. On the other hand, I have virtually no imagination. :eek:

Dallas: Yes, I think it was the thought of having to Christmas shop this close to Christmas that put me in a very bah-humbug mood y'day. We've never waited THIS long to start shopping before! :eek: Hope your DS is feeling better. I remember when my DS had the stomach virus...OMG it was awful. To make it worse, he was only 18 months old so there was no way he could even TRY to get it in the toilet! I feel your pain! :(

Cathy: I remember the dispute you had with your stylist. Glad things are better there. It would have been ashame to have to find a new one and who knows if that person would do a good job or not. OOOOH, vacation for you soon? YAY! ENJOY IT! I am trying to come up with a QOD here and I am failing miserabley!:eek:

Okay girls, I am outta time. I should have gotten off here 15 minutes ago as it is!!!!:eek:

BBL to finish up!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy – the thread title is hysterical! Getting up was HARD this morning! Where did the weekend go? One more week!!! I’m so happy about that, though! I love that your parents gave you oranges which meant so much to them. We always got an apple or orange in the toe of our stocking, too, come to think of it.

Dallas – Did you get your nap? DH and I watched “It’s a Wonderful Life” last night, too – that is one of my fav’s too. Poor DS for not getting to go to the Santa Breakfast!

Wendi – Oh, I love the story of your friendly ghost! Thanks for sharing. I would feel good knowing that a ghost had my back. I’ll bet some of my Breyer’s are worth money, but they were all heavily played with. :p The horse my grandparents gave me is not worth much except to me – it was one of those bargain store plastic horses.

Wendy – congrats on being almost done with shopping! Glad you had a good massage and facial! Soup is easy to make. The bean soup was very good last night.

Today is Muscle Max – that is assuming I can get my tired butt off the sofa in time. Between DH and I we are waking each other up half the night. He’ll start coughing, then an hour later, I will! It’s very annoying. But hopefully won’t be much longer. It’s the tail end after all, but sometimes that’s the most annoying. This too shall pass, though. Have a great day all!

Morning Ladies,

I'm started to feel human again. DS is better, but I can still see it in it eyes. Almost have the bedding laundry done...little bugger got two beds.;) I had just left him for a few minutes to get his Tylenol and water. UGH!

Unfortunately, I have to take another rest day today. I have to get caught up with stuff around here and still not a 100%. The laundry exhausted me y-day. :eek:

How about for QoD: What's your favorite Christmas movie? I know, not very original.

I sent the KB'ers some important KB info. ;) I don't have Judy's email address though. I do hope she's ok.

Christine ~ The nap was wonderful and the whole fam was in bed by 8P! :eek: Hope you and dh shake the end of that cold!

Wendy ~ You're doing great if that's the last time he had the stomach flu! We usually get upper resp stuff around here, so luckily, don't have to deal with the stomach flu too often. TG! WTG getting most of your shopping done in one stop! :) Let me know if you find better KB deals than online. ;) I imagine shipping would be nutso for KBs. Enjoy your iTread. I want to work out in the worse way, but think that would put me right back down.:confused:

Cathy ~ Sounds like you're playing it smart re: the running. I just got this email this morn: http://www.rnrchicago.com/ :) They changed the CDC to RNR 1/2 marathon. I got nervous when I got an email saying that they cancelled the CDC earlier this week.:eek: IA, how did Monday get here so fast!:rolleyes:

Wendi ~ I got the Italian Bean soup of William Sonoma's website. I have made three of their soups and they have all turned out great! :) Sounds like a few of us Cheetahs are fighting colds/bugs. Healing {{VIBES}} to you. I'll have to read your haunted story a little later. :) I've run out of time.

Hi Laura!

Hi to all who follow!

I heart Cheetah Friends!

Thank you for your concern everyone, but we did not loose power in the ice storm. The serious outages were about 3.5 hours to the east of us. My absence was just due to 'life in December' . We did have some nasty heavy wet snow on Friday morning during my 10 mile run. Consequently that was my slowest 10 miler ever. I was concerned about slipping, but I was determined to finish the run outside. This may have not been the smartest choice.

I have only skimmed yesterdays thread and did not even open Saturday's thread. So I will start fresh.

Wendy- did your mood improve? I hope you accomplished a good chunk of the gift buying yesterday.

Chritine Good idea to reward a busy shopping day with a relaxing glass of wine with DH. I hope the coughing is gone tonight!

Wendi- I saw your friendly ghost roommate story. It was quite interesting and believable. Please tell me you do not work a full day on Christmas!

Cathy- QOD? What is it? You were wise to cut your run short. No sense making your ITB more aggravated. Doe stretching and foam rolling help? Do you also take ibuprofin?

Laura- This forum has been a friendly place for me to share fitness with others. I have been visiting it since 1999. I am an (almost) 48 yo SAHM to 4 kids. DH and I have been married 25 years this month, we were high school sweethearts. I have been into sports/ exercise all my life and I got hooked on Cathe workouts as a natural progression of trying to workout at home while caring for little ones. Now my kids are older 15, 17, 21, & 23 , but I still prefer to workout at home after investing in a great workout space and equipment. I tried running because of encouragement from this site and joined the Cheetahs as a very inexperienced runner. In march I will do my firstHalf Marathon with Wendi (Gwd) and hopefully my DD23. We live in western NY state (much closer to Toronto then NY city)

Brighton- I did not know your were a competitive swim coach. DD17 swam competitively for 8+ years. She 'retired' and took up rowing ( crew). During those swim years we spent many weekends in loud hot pools! And running back and forth to ice rinks for my boys who have always been into hockey.

It is time to get to the Monday list, but first the workout report: yesterday was Imax2 on 8" step (with 30 seconds jumping jacks at the end of each blast) Today was a 5 mile run with 8 x 400 repeats at 8:45 pace and recovery jogs in between and a WU and CD. Then the follow up was legs and core only from 4DS.

Ok time to clean house, and wrap a few presents and decorate. We did get our tree up and lit. Now it needs ornaments

Last edited:
Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - Great title this morning. Sorry to hear you're having ITB issues. Sounds like a good plan to go for easy runs right now. Enjoy your rest day. 7 days 'til vacation time! I can feel the anticipation! Can you believe Christmas is next week?

Wendy - Glad you enjoyed your facial and massage. I could easily spend a whole day being pampered. Haven't had one of those days in over a year now. Enjoy your run and shopping.

Christine - Don't you just hate those coughing spells interrupting your sleep. Hope you and DH can shake it soon. Enjoy MM if you get around to it.

Dallas - Glad DS is feeling better. Enjoy that rest day. It sounds like you need it. I love A Christmas Carol.

I went to visit DBF over the weekend. Friday night we went out for Japanese and even had some sushi. Then we went to see The Day The Earth Stood Still. Save your money on that one. Did enjoy the popcorn. Saturday we had a Christmas brunch to attend. They actually had something I could eat. Afterwards we went to see 007. Enjoyed that movie. I decided to take Sat and Sun as rest days and just have a relaxing weekend with DBF. Got home yesterday and after getting things prepared for work, I parked it on the couch and watched some Christmas movies.

Today's workout was Shred 2 and iClimb #24 Jumpin Rippin Abs part A. I'm shooting from the hip this month. Whatever hits my fancy, then that's what I'm doing.

Hope you're enjoying your Monday. Looks like ice is in the forecast here today. Hope I get home before it happens.

Hi Jackie! It sounds like you had a nice weekend, except for the first movie. It always keeps the stress level low when there are good food choices available at an event. My workout choices have been somewhat spontaneous also (with a few rules: 3 runs per week~~~ long, tempo and interval and try to hit each body part once)

Hey everyone!

Wendi - oh wow!! Thanks for sharing the ghost story! How creepy....but, yet, comforting! :)

Jackie - Glad you enjoyed your weekend with DBF! It sounds nice and relaxing! Good for you on taking the days as rest days! We sure do need that sometimes! :) But sorry about the first movie!

Judy - I am glad you are okay and weren't affected by the outage! Good job on your 10 miler and your run and 4DS today!

Dallas - I am glad you are feeling some better! Hope your DS gets better soon!

Christine - I have "got" to pull out MM! When you did it last week, it got me wanting to do it, but I couldn't fit it in last week's schedule. This week, I hope to!! Hope you and DH feel better!

Wendy - Enjoy your run and Sports Autority "run"! Hope you find what you are looking for!

Cathy - Good job on your run! I am sorry the ITB started acting up, though! I am glad your marathon workdays will be over soon!

Saturday I ran 8 miles. It was really cold, snowy and icy, so I didn't want to run out my road, but neither could I bear to get on the TM. So....I went to the track, thinking it would be clear, but it wasn't. I went ahead and ran on it. Slow, at first, but then it started melting. I ended up having a really good morning run.

Yesterday was the first of my Winter Series races. It was the 5K. It was wonderfully, warm yesterday, believe it or not (60 degrees). My time was 28:05. I actually enjoyed it :)

Hope everyone is doing well! Hi to everyone! I have been super, super busy, but will try to catch up!

Linda

Hi Girls.

I have just a few minutes before I have to head out to pick DS up from school but I figured while I'm here I can post some personals...:)

Linda: Great race time! :D Glad you had a good track run despite the snow. I would slip and fall for sure! :p No go at Sports Authority. I wanted a 30# kettlebell and I was able to order one online for cheaper INCLUDING shipping so that's what I did. :)

Jackie: Sounds like a fun weekend with DBF. Thanks for the warning on the movie. I've never even heard of it before. LOL Sometimes shooting from the hip with work outs is what we need. I did that for a while. Enjoy it. :) DH had some sushi on saturday night at a hockey game he went to. He said it was good. I can't even bring myself to try it. I am not the pampering type but I must admit that it was a nice treat yesterday!

Judy: Glad your power never went out. We all know about busy lives, especially in the holidays so no worries about not being able to post. We are just glad all is well. :) The wine I had last night did eventually put my mood right again :p and I am in a good mood today as well. It really MUST have been the shopping that did it to me! LOL Good job running in the snow!

Dallas: DS is not prone to stomach bugs either. This year he totally escaped the bug that was going around his school while myself, my mom and DH got it! The one he got a couple years ago was enough of stomach viruses with him for a LIFE TIME!!!!!! Scared the bejeebers outta everyone!:eek: I know it's hard but you have the right idea resting one more day. You'll be back at those work outs before you know it!:) Thanks for the kb email, btw! I'll have to really give it a good read later on!

Okay, time is up!

BBL!

Back again for more personals...I figure eventually I'll get caught up, right? :D

Christine: Oh coughing at night can be brutal wether you are the one who is coughing or the one trying to sleep through it! :eek: Perhaps ya both need a swig of good ol' Nyquil. That'll knock ya both out and all will be quiet again. :p How was MuscleMax today?

Wow, that was easy! I thought I was farther behind then that! LOL

So anyway today's work out was a 5 mile run with Grace. Felt good. Tomorrow is a kb work out. I have Lauren Brooks KB work out on the way as well as a new 30# bell! :eek: I won't have the new stuff tmrw though so I'll likely do KBYW or perhaps a couple of the KB Goddess work outs. If I'm feeling especially sadistic I may pull out Keith's work out again. We'll see what moves me...;):)

Hi Cheetahs!

Today was an ice day, so no school to my surprise this morning. There were over 150 school closings on the news in Northern Michigan. They even closed down the Mackinac Bridge due to 50 mile per hour winds. Glad I didn't have to go out in that. DH said our road is a mess and he is worried if I will be able to get down it tomorrow. My AWD is not working properly. I will put the pedal to the medal and hope for the best. :)

Cathy: When you said that about going down in the basement I thought of Zinkoff in Loser. :D I am a scaredy cat of the dark and the garage. Yes, I am a bit on the crazy side! LOL! Yeah, I think you would really like NPR. Good to keep it easy on the ITB. DH was talking with Sandy the night I didn't want to go out and he said she thinks her injury is pretty serious. She thinks she might of torn something. For Christmas I got her two books, Barack Obama's memoir and In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. I just know she will like them. The cashier at Target said the memoir was really good. Enjoy your rest day!

Wendy: Awesome workouts lately! We will have to keep each other motivated when it is time for marathon training. Glad shopping was a success! :)

Christine: I have two weeks off over the holiday, so I will transpose my student's writing and send it to you via PM. Spelling mistakes and all. :) You have to appreciate good writing, even though it is a fifth grader! Hope you have a great night sleep tonight!

Dallas: I am glad that I didn't offend you with my email. :) That is the last thing I would want to do! Did you say Williams Sonoma? I have their baking cook book and went to their store when I was in AZ. I was in heaven there! Get your rest, you are passionate about working out and will be back with your "game face on" in no time! :)

Judy: I have to admit that I was a bit worried about you! Glad you fared well. Awesome run!

Jackie: I had some California rolls this weekend, but that doesn't count as sushi. Did you like it? DH and I have tried it a couple of times. I have to admit that it is not a favorite. Kick it with whatever you feel like workout wise! Sounds like a good weekend!

Linda: Congrats on your race! 60 degrees? We are looking at -19 tonight. Glad it was a good run! Check in when you can. It is always nice to see you. :)

Favorite Christmas Movie: Hands down It is a Wonderful Life. It was a tradition to watch it every Christmas morning with my mom and sisters. Dh and I watch it every year. We also love the Rudolph show and Frosty the Snowman.

Christmas Question of the Day: What do you think is the best, most meaningful gift you have ever given?

You would have thought that I would have taken the advantage of having the day off to do a good workout. I did not. Just was not feeling it today. Tomorrow is a fresh start.

Have a great night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.