::: • CHEETAHS • ::: dashing thru the miles (Tues.)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs! :)

Laura—no worries a’tall about the mixup…it happens! How was your first day of training?

Wendy—yes ma'am, spa treatments can do that ya, but great that you made a good solid dent in the shopping nonetheless.

Christine—Getting up was REALLY hard Monday morning. Today wasn't that easy, either. *lol* But hey, the idea of 5½ is keepin' me goin'!
th_biggrin-1.gif
Hope it was a less fitful night’s sleep for ya.

Dallas—I do get the AoS email updates, but thank you for thinking of me!! No orders for me right now, though. That’s interesting the CDC became an RNR event. Do you plan to run that one *AND* the full? :)

Judy—glad to hear all is kosher up in your neck of the woods, and you are making progress with your decorating. Rolling and icing does help, yes. I generally avoid taking meds if at all possible, so no, I am not taking ibuprofen.

Jackie—Hope you were home safe before the ice started. Sounds like an enjoyable weekend chillin’ with DBF. What did you think of the sushi? In my book, even if the movie stinks, there’s always something to be said for popcorn.
th_sarcastic.gif
No, I cannot believe it is Christmas next week! Somehow it seems like this season moved at an accelerated pace.

Linda—congrats on an excellent 5K finish when you weren’t pushing, just enjoying. That’s fantastic!! It sure was warm for you. We are also having unseasonably warm temps. When I ran Sunday, I wore shorts!

Carole—hope you had a great time in LA! You’ve been missed.

Posh—how you makin’ out w/ those GOALS?

Shelly & Wendi—thanks for your cards—very sweet! :)

In answer to yesterday’s holiday QoDs:
Favorite Christmas movie: I would have to say Christmas Vacation. Who doesn’t love Clark? I also loved all the old stop-motion animations like Frosty, Rudolph, and The Year Without a Santa Claus (with the Heat Miser song: “I’m Mr. Green Christmas, I’m Mr. Sun!”), and Santa Claus is Coming to Town, which featured Burgermeister Meisterburger!

Most meaningful gift ever given: Wow. Tough question. I really enjoy every aspect of traditional gift-giving, from shopping and hunting for something special that will surprise others and make them happy all the way to wrapping it up creatively in pretty paper or bags. But I think the most meaningful gifts are usually the ones that can’t be bought…so hmmm, I’ll have to think on this one some more.

Who’s got one for us today?
th_christmassnow.gif

I have to supervise an event at school tonight, and though it won’t be quite as late as last night, I wanted to get a workout out of the way first thing. However, I overslept, and now whether or not I can make it happen after another full day, I don't know. Realistically? Probably not. So, no commitments on that.

Have a great day!

Good Morning Girls.

Gloria: A cyber marathon training partner will be awesome! I'm gonna need all the support I can get. :)

Cathy: Enjoy your day. Sorry you slept thru your work out time. It happens to all of us. Me, especially, if I decide to take that afternoon snooze first. :p

Favorite Christmas Movie: A Christmas Story ofcourse! You'll shoot your eye out, kid! LOLOL I love the old animated films that Cathy mentioned as well though.

Most Meaningful Gift: Tough one. Can I get back to you on that? :)

Today will be a k-bell work out of choice.

BBL.

Hi Friends :)

Gloria- I hope you are staying warm ans making it out with out sliding the wrong way. It is sweet to think of your family tradition of watching your favorite Christmas movie on Christmas morning.

Cathy- no sweat about the missed workout, perhaps the rest will do your ITB some good. I understand about the reluctance take meds. If you can heal better without them all the better. Loved your card!

Dallas- I sent you my email. However if you are forward the AOS emails, I am already receiving them. thanks forthe beautiful card!

Shelly- Thanks for the card!

My cards came in last evening. The poor UPS guy was working late. I hope to get going on them today after an Upper body workout and possibly yoga at home. Last night I got started on some Christmas Eve food. I made a huge batch of marinara on Sunday and last night I put together two Lasagnas. So I have 3 ready as of now. I will probably do one tray of stuffed shells and possibly one tray of baked Penne.

Favorite Christmas Movie Miracle on 34th Street

Favorite Christmas show Rudolf, The Grinch, and A Charley Brown Christmas

Family Tradition I am the youngest of 8 kids. We grew up having a Christmas Eve party with our immediate family and and Aunt and Uncle's Family. It was simple in the early years cookies etc. Something My Mom called "Coffee And ..." But "Coffee and..." from an Italian mother is not simple or just cookies. ;);) We continue to gather on Christmas Eve with as many sibling and there families as can make it here. And the extended family. We number anywhere from 25-35 people. We vary the menu each year. Last year we did do Coffee And... and had heavy appetizers and desserts. This year we are having a set menu:
Shrimp and Antipasto tray,
Lasagna, Penne Pasta baked and Stuffed Shells,
Greens & Beans,
Meatballs and Sauce,
Salad and Bread or Bruschetta,
and Italian Cookies.​

Good morning ladies!

I know I had kind of committed to a workout today but I'm actually feeling worse today than I did two days ago:(. It's nothing major, just normal cold stuff, but enough to make work miserable (as if it hasn't been enough lately:rolleyes:) and a workout out of the question.

Cathy - I absolutely love the thread titles the last two days! I can always count on you to give me my first laugh of the morning:D. Glad that you were able to get outside for a nice the other day although sorry the ITB is still grumbling at ya:confused:. That's right, just keep that countdown goin in your head to get ya through this marathon week you've got ahead of you...you can do it!!!!

Wendy - Oooh, glad you had yourself a nice spa day on Sunday:cool:. Yeah, I know what you mean about it leaving you a bit foggy. Good job almost wrapping up the shopping. Great workout yesterday. So, did you score some new KBs????

Christine - Ahhhh, I get it now, regarding the horse;). Yeah, I received my fair share of those when I was a kid. I do love that it has that much meaning to you, though:). Sorry to hear that you and DH are still suffering with those colds...right there with ya on that one:(. Great job on MM!

Dallas - SOrry to hear that you and the little one are still not up to snuff:(. We really need to kick all this crud out of the den fast, sheesh! Thanks for the tip regarding the beans...will definitely hav eto check that one out!

Judy - WOW, way to brave the weather for your 10 miler! You are a far better woman than I:p! I haven't run a lick for about a month now but, don't worry, I'll be ready come March:)! LOL about your "life in December"...soooooo true, right? Wow, that was quite the Monday list...hope you were able to make short work of it. LOL, my tree is in the same predicament as yours...has had lights for a week, but no ornaments:eek:. Um, yeah, will be working pretty much full days the 25th and 26th cuz the new girl is going home for Christmas and I have to cover two different farms. I am *hoping* to take the 24th off (Wed are now becoming my "normal" day off) but she then asked if she could take that as a half day to avoid driving to MA on Christmas Eve night...uhhhh, sorry, babe, but you'll just have to deal with it:mad:.

Ack, phone's ringing...BRB!

Sorry for the interruption...

Jackie - Nice to hear that you had a nice chillin' weekend with DBF. Thanks for the warning on "The Day..." I loved the original when I was a kid so was looking forward to seeing the new one...but I guess I'll skip it. I hope you didn't get hit too hard by that ice and got home safely!

Linda - Congrats on a great race!!! Glad you had such a good time:). Can't blame ya one bit for trying to skip the TM the other day...nice alternative you found!

Wendy - Just saw that you skipped the bells at SA...nice online score, though!

Gloria - I was thinking about you yesterday when I saw what wicked weather you folks were getting out there...YIKES! Stay warm and safe! Don't sweat skipping the workouts...sounds like the bod is trying to tell ya something. Enjoy the little break and then you'll be nice a rejuvenated when the urge strikes again:D.

Favorite Movie: the original "Miracle on 34th Street"

Most Meaningful Gift: Hmmmm, let me think about that one.

Really gotta get my rear in gear and out the door. I may or may not get back here tonight...more than likely will have a late night at work:(. Have a great day ladies!

Hi Cheetahs!

Well, I did it this time. Hit some wrong buttons and closed my Word window and lost my post. Oh well. I’ll attempt to recreate it.

Dallas – Glad you and DS are both feeling better!! Ouch on DS getting TWO beds! I remember those days! Firepower’s DVD has a bloack stripe down the middle with red on either side. A photo of Anthony doing a snatch *giggles* to left – he’s shirtless *sighs* and there are white swirlies through out the red and black. Hope that helps.

Judy – glad to hear you’re safe! I’m impressed that you managed to run 10 miles in the snow! Wow! Funny – our Christmas Eve party has a similar menu – we’re having it catered, though, from Magianno’s. :D

Jackie – excellent idea to shoot from the hip this month! It’s a nice reward for a busy month!

Linda – I actually really enjoy MM, which is funny as I sold it because I never used it, then had to buy it again. *Note to self – don’t sell Cathe videos*. Great job on your race! Don’t you love those warm days in the middle of cold days?

Wendy – I did take Nyquil last night, but man that stuff makes me fuzzy! How was your run? Oooh, a 30# bell? Too cool!

Gloria – oh, I’m glad you didn’t have to go in yesterday! Hope you’re safe today! Oh, thanks for sending me her writing! That will be fun to read!

Cathy – LOVE the thread titles this week! Yeah, getting up on Monday sucks! Big time! I’m with ya on the count down!

Wendi – hope you’re feeling better! Man, this cold is a pain! We’ll suffer together, eh?

It’s SNOWING! Well, not on the ground where I am, but up in the mountains in our area. Down to 1000 feet, too, which is pretty low! Some of our hiking trails are covered. It’ll be a pretty drive to work, all 2 miles of it. I took Nyquil last night so I’m a little foggy this morning, but I’m feeling pretty good. I did sleep well, fortunately – which is why I took it. I just hate this fuzzy feeling! :p Rest day today. It’s scheduled and I’m thinking I should take advantage.

QOD – Favorite movie – It’s a Wonderful Life.

QOD – Most Meaningful Gift – DH proposed to me 10 years ago this Christmas Eve. He and his kids had come out to visit me in Maryland, and we had gotten the kids to sleep, and had just finished putting the presents under the tree. It’s my favorite moment of the year – the presents shining under the lights, everything is still as if waiting for the magic to happen, and it did.

Good morning cheetahs

Got back from L.A. last night about 10. I had a blast!! Although I did miss the snow here Sat and Sun!!...darn...but seeing my HS friends was so nice. Just getting away was nice. I ran Sun and Mon through these canals in Venice. Kinda like the Canals in Venice. Cute little homes and they all had canoes or other small boats. I ran at the beach too (running in sand is HARD!!). I got to eat at my Favorite mexican place twice, I LOVE the salsa there! It was a nice relaxing trip...:D

I will come back after I catch up. Today I am doing a 6-7 mile run and 4DS sho, bi's, tri's and abs.

QOD, Fav X-Mas Movie...A Christmas Story, The Grinch (with Jim Carey), and Rudolph.

QOD, Most Meaningful gift...I will have to think about that!

Missed you cheetahs and posting here...:)

I'm back....

Cathy...No Happy Sundays in L.A. as I did wait for the "walk" light!! I think I saw Happy hanging out at the beach though!! How is the ITB? Loved your X-mas card...thanks. Hope the event at school goes well tonight.

Wendy...enjoy your KB workout.

Judy..your holiday menu looks great!

Christine...I had a great time but I did miss the snow here, and we love the snow. Both Mike and Karen kept me updated on the weather. Col you got some snow too. Enjoy your rest day. Loved your Most Meaningful gift.

Wendi..Thank you for the nice card...Any portobello recipe is delicious in my book!! I don't know what the problem was with the Garmin, it worked fine in L.A. Interesting about your Roadkill story. We actually had a client in the shop we called Roadkill!!

Laura...Had a great time! So now you are in your 1/2 training, how cool. I am not Vegan anymore either. I was for about a year, kinda missed eggs! I use Egg beaters though and only have them once in awhile but I do also eat cheese on occasion. I recently got 3 more cookbooks from The Vegan Planet author, I have not tried any recipes yet though.

Jackie...thanks for the card

Dallas...the Garmin seems to be working fine now, musta been operator error! had fun reminiscing with my HS friends.

Brighton...Had a great time in L.A. I think portobellos are my favorite food group.

QOD Sun, Family tradition....Almond Champagne.

Wendy – That is great that you were able to order the KB for a much better deal! I really need to utilize mine. I have them ranging from 4lbs to 35 lbs. And I think I have only done around 5 KB workouts. It is not that I don’t like them…I just never do them :( I really wish I wouldn’t have bought them, as I have no place to store them (since I don’t use them).

Gloria – Wow! That is cold! My BIL and sis live in Gillette Wyoming. He sent me an e-mail saying it was 24 below yesterday! Wow!! -19 is waaay to cold!!! Brr!

Cathy – Thanks, regarding the race! But actually….I am not sure I could even go faster. I am a slow 5k runner! They scare me, ‘cause everyone is so fast! But, I did actually do better than usual ;) Hope you don’t have to be out late! (unless it if for fun! ;) )

Judy – Your menu looks great! We used to do a Christmas Eve like what you did when my mom was living. It was wonderful! It ended up with a lot more food, too. But it was wonderful. She died when she was 49 and Dad remarried. Our “tradition” changed quite a bit, but it was wonderful, too. (Dad passed away 2 years ago). You have been cooking like mad! Good job! :)

Wendi – I hope you feel better soon! Thanks, regarding my race!

Christine – Hey! I got to do MM this morning! Yay! That is my big rule, too! “Not” to ever sell or give away any Cathe workouts! No matter what (cause I know I will end up getting it again!). I gave my “Beginner and intermediate”) set she made a few years ago to my friend because I knew I wouldn’t use them….well…I couldn’t stand knowing they were gone that I had to reorder them :eek: Silly, I know, since I never used them! Yes, I do love the unexpected warm days!!

Carole – Glad you are home safe and sound! I am glad you had a good time!

This morning I ran 4 miles and did MM.

Hmmm:

My favorite Christmas song is: Silent Night. That is so tough, because I love them all!

Most meaningful gift: I think that would have to be my “Hug a Bunch”. I know that sounds silly….but I was 27, so it really has special meaning. Mom and Dad had stopped buying my DS and toys many, many years before, of course. But she saw those and she felt she needed to get them for us. I still have mine sitting on my dresser and would never, ever get rid of her. My mom and dad have both passed away.

Dallas—Sorry DS is sick! That’s no fun. DD4 was sick recently, and she keeps talking about when she had “the throw-ups.” LOL.

The cookbook that I love is Vegan Planet. I’m not vegan, or even vegetarian, but the cookbook is great. It has a wide variety of recipes, and I haven’t tried one yet that isn’t delicious. I do make substitutions—I can’t even get vegan cheese here, for example. So my versions of the recipes aren’t strictly vegan, but they’re still vegetarian.

BTW-I’m using the cookbook in an attempt to use less meat in our diet, though I’m not cutting it out entirely. The decision is largely for health reasons—but I’m finding myself enjoying the ethical aspect of my choice. I don’t have a problem with eating animals—that’s not the ethical side I’m referring to. But rather, the fact that enjoying meat, and even milk and eggs, is a luxury for most people in the world that I have for too long taken for granted. Here in Uganda, meat is only served for holidays or visitors. And eggs are not food at all, except for the very rich. Rather, they are CURRENCY! Isn’t that unbelievable? Most folks grow all the food that they eat. But they also have chickens. When the chickens lay eggs, the people gather them and use them to “buy” the things they can’t grow, like soap or salt.
So I’ve been putting eggs on our menu once a week for breakfast, and meat about twice a week for supper. And each time I get to “cherish” it for the luxury that it is.

OK. Down off my little soap box now. ;) I also have no problem with eating meat more often than that, but I do think it’s good to appreciate the fact that it is available and we can afford to buy it.

Cathy—Unfortunately, I haven’t kept up the tradition since I got married. My tree is full of sentimental ornaments and I can’t fit any more! Also, it’s a little hard to shop for new ornaments here.:confused:

Wendi—How cool that we had the same ornament tradition. And sorry about the insomnia and missed workouts. I hate lying there, wishing I could go to sleep and knowing that it means I’ll be too tired to workout! :mad: Yes, it did take some getting used to with the power and electricity here. But, like I said, we have a battery back-up system for the electricity. It’ll run everything (except major appliances) for 24 hours after the power goes off. And for the water, we have a huge water tank outside. So, when the city water runs in, it first fills up the tank. Our house is hooked up to the tank, in addition to being hooked up to the direct city water supply. So, if the water goes off, we just keep using water from the tank. It’ll last us for several days, if there’s a major water problem. We just have to keep our eye on the water level so that we don’t drain the tank before the water comes back on!
Wendy—It’s definitely true that MOST of Africa is third world. But while that’s the majority, it’s not the entirety. Glad that you’re closing in on the end of your Christmas shopping. I also envy people with great creativity. (DH is one of them!)

Christine—Did you get to do MM? I really enjoy that workout. Fun that you watched It’s a Wonderful Life. I haven’t watched a Christmas movie yet and need to pull one out! Christmas in Connecticut is my favorite.

Judy—Glad that you’re back and that the storms didn’t knock out your power. WOW to Imax2 on an 8” step!! And great job on your 5 mile run with the 400s in it.
Jackie—Glad that you were able to have some rest days. It’s good to know when to fit those in. Great job on your race last weekend. I saw your picture—you are a beautiful lady.

Linda—Great job on your 8 mile run. That’s my “long” run next week, and it’ll be the furthest I’ve ever run. 6 is the max for me right now. Great time on your 5K race, too.

Gloria—Hope you got to have some “you” time with the unexpected school closing!, even though you didn’t feel like an extra long workout. Hope everyone is safe on the roads at the same time!

Carole—hope you’re having a good visit in LA

Shelly—BTW, I meant to tell you the other day that my mom is also an RN. I loved having a nurse for a mom. I always got great care, and I felt like I picked up a lot of practical knowledge along the way.

Brighton—after my run yesterday, I took the kids swimming. It was FREEZING. If I hadn’t just been running, I don’t think I could’ve gotten in. I was glad I was super-hot already!

Hi, Posh & Karen.

Yesterday’s workout was a 20 minute warm up run, then 4x400s at an 8:00 mile pace with 2 minutes of walking in between. Today was SuperSets.

Greetings from Blizzardville, Cheetah Babes!

We're dealing with total white-out conditions here in the Rockies... DH was on his way up the canyon to his job site (he's a civil engineer... right now he's overseeing a road/bridge reconstruct) and conditions were so horrible that he decided to turn around and just office it today. Wasn't worth the risk involved on those canyon roads. Needless to say, I am VERY grateful he made that decision!

Well, you all were 100% right about my bad slump last week. Got back to the running yesterday & did a test 6.4 miles at a 10 min pace without a problem. :D Feeling SO much better about things. :D Plus it helps that the cold is gone & I've been getting some sleep! :)

Laura – Hey, I studied French in college too! Okay, so I only took 2 years, but after 6 years of studying Spanish, it was a lot of fun to learn something new. And, small world! I was also a butterflier—my whole family (siblings, my parents didn’t swim) is a family of fliers. I was more of a distance girl though—I’m short, so I didn’t have the size advantage when it came to sprints. ;) The 100 & 200 Fly, 400 IM, and the 500 Free were my events. I did the lifeguarding thing as well—I was an assistant manager of a water park back in the Chicago area for a couple summers. Yay for John Denver & the Muppets! :) That was our household staple growing up as well. Some serious memories. I can remember going skiing as a family (we used to go every Christmas Eve up in Wisconsin) and my little brother & I would sing “Christmas is Coming” (a la Miss Piggy) going up the ski lifts. Fun times, fun times. :D

Cathy – Loving the thread titles this week! :) Thanks for making us smile each morning! Yeah, thankfully I have been able to get a solid night’s rest the last couple of nights… I do usually sleep well, but if the kids are up in the night I go into “mommy gear” and then have a lot of difficulty in getting back to sleep. Oh well… Oh, and we always got oranges in our stockings too. As a result, so do my kids now! :D Sorry to hear about the ITB pain—hope that clears up for you soon! :( I’m like you too—avoid ibuprofen unless I can help it. I like to take turmeric & ginger to help with inflammation… seems to do the trick most times for me. Hee hee about *Christmas Vacation* and the other holiday flicks… oh the memories. :D

Wendy – No chance for a nap on Sunday—had a shin dig over at the in-laws to go to… but had some terrific sleep the last couple nights, so doing much better. Glad to hear your mini spa day left you feeling better. Sounds like your DS is like mine—he rarely gets the stomach bugs, really only twice—and then it was HORRIBLE. One of the times we had to hospitalize him to get him rehydrated. So scary. :(

Christine – Yes, the ski resorts! Keep reminding me of that, okay! The one good thing about crazy weather! :D Too cute about DD and the toothbrush. My family was like that too. My sister used to always roll her eyes at the annual deodorant in her stocking! :D Hope the coughing fits are subsiding so you can sleep better—that was me last week. It really takes it out of you! ITA about Nyquil—I avoid it if I can (plus it tastes so vile!) because I’m just in a drug-induced haze the next day! It really does help with the nighttime coughing, though. Necessary evil in life, I guess. Aww about DH’s proposal. Congrats on 10 years!

Judy – So happy to hear you weren’t affected by the ice storm. Small world about competitive swimming! :D LOL about your Christmas tree needing ornaments. That has been the state of my Christmas tree for the last couple of weeks. With the two little ones running around, I think I’m dragging my heels a little bit in getting them out. ;)

Dallas – Oh no—sick kids=tired mom. Hope things start improving soon. Love *It’s a Wonderful Life.* DH & I watch it every Christmas Eve after the kids go to bed. I’m a big fan of the *Christmas Canon* too. I’m a sucker for children’s choirs this time of year… Oh, and I received your card yesterday-- thanks so much, it was so beautiful!

Wendi – Wow, cool story about your *house guest*! I love a good ghost story. Sounds like she may be a little bit of a guardian angel? LOL about the sweatshirt from Grandma. Too, too funny. I am so sorry that you aren’t feeling well—it really is going around, isn’t it? Lots of get well vibes your way. And seriously, too funny about the tree—glad to see I’m not the only one!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Jackie – Great to see you back! Mmmm… sushi! :D Sounds like you had a fun weekend! DH & I really enjoyed the new 007 as well. Hope the weather was able to hold off for you yesterday—ice storms are no fun!

Linda – WTG on the 5K! :D Wow—60 degrees! This morning it is 9 degrees outside here!!! :eek: Totally understand the super, super busy nature of things this time of year—it has been pretty crazy for us too.

Gloria – Ooh, nice book selections! I really like Michael Pollan. OMG, -19 degrees! :eek: And here I was complaining about 9! :D I forget how brutal Midwestern wind chill can be.

Carole – Glad to hear you had a nice visit in L.A.! ITA about running in sand—I did that on vaycay over the summer! :eek: It puts a new spin on the ol’ running workout, that’s for sure!

Heigh-dee-ho to Posh, Karen, & anyone else in the den today! :)

QOD's:

Favorite Christmas Movie: *It’s a Wonderful Life* & *A Christmas Story*

Most Meaningful Christmas Gift: A few years ago when DH & I were newly married and just getting started (read: broke), he surprised me by getting some needlework I had done custom framed. It was one of those little things that was just so personal & meant a lot to me, particularly in that stage of our lives together. I had been saving it to frame for “someday” and had no idea that he even knew about it.

Linda & Laura-- posting at the same time! :)

Linda - How sweet about your Christmas present-- I'm sure it stands as a reminder of so many wonderful memories with your parents... :)

Laura - That cookbook sounds great! I am going to have to check it out! I just got a sub to Clean Eating Magazine, and I am TOTALLY in love. We are truly blessed here in the States with the abundance & accessibility to food, aren't we? Thanks for reminding me of that today. My cousin spent some time doing humanitarian & church service in some of the poorer sections of South Africa & Namibia, and he had a similar experience. It is amazing the things we take for granted.

Good morning Cheetahs!

Judy - I have yet to wrap a gift. Hopefully I'll get around to it this weekend. I think I'll keep my runs at 2-3 a week and just enjoy some of my other workouts for a while.

Linda - Great job on your 5K! What an awesome time too! Glad you enjoyed it. Did you go out fast with everyone else? :D When is the next race? Good job on your run! You finally got that MM in.

Wendy - Some sushi is good. Others, not so good too me. We had smoked salmon and enjoyed that. Good job with the 5 mile run!

Gloria - We have several schools closed in surrounding towns but we dodged the bullet here so far. I like the rolls too. I just don't want to be able to tell sushi is absolutely raw. Thanks for the card.

Cathy - So far the ice has not hit here. Some of the other areas did get some. It was starting to rain when I came to work but I hope we don't get the ice. Don't think I'll be having sushi too often. Sorry about the workout. You will have plenty of time to catch up on those workouts during vacation.

Wendi - Feel better soon. It's awful to have to work when you don't feel well. I can't remember the original movie. Must have been before my time. :p

Christine - Sorry you lost your post. Hate it!! Enjoy that snow and continue to get better. Have a great rest day!

Carole - Glad you had a great trip with your friends! Sounds like you got some nice runs in too. Have a good run and UB workout!

Laura - I like your take on having less meat in your diet. I have a recipe book with 5 ingredients or less. Love it! If a recipe has too many ingredients for me, I'll skip over it. Good job with the workouts!

Brighton - Sounds like your DH made the right decision about work this morning. My sis started out thinking the roads weren't bad. It was worse than she thought. She did go to work and said if things got worse she would leave early. She has to travel 30 miles. Great job with the run!

Today's workout was iTread #16 20 minutes and kept going until I got in 3.1 miles. Then, I pulled out an oldie - The Firm Lower Body Split. I got in a good leg workout and enjoyed it too.

I'll have to get to the QOD later. I'm asking for prayers for my BIL. He was robbed and shot in front of his house last night. He had to have surgery last night but they didn't remove the bullet. He'll be in the hospital for 10 days at least. They won't get to come home for Christmas now. All he was doing was coming home from work. The world is so mean.

Have a terrific day!

Jackie!

Oh no! :( Lots of prayers for your BIL! I am so incredibly sorry to hear that. I have no comprehension of why people feel the need to turn to violence. Oh, I am sending lots of (((HUGS))) and prayers your way, hon. Stay strong-- we're all here for you!

(((((((((((JACKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))))))))))))

OMG that is sooooo awful. :(:(:(

You got the prayers girl! Hang in there!

HUGS!!!!

Jackie...thoughts and prayers coming your way for your BIL! I am so sorry and I do agree about a mean world, especially this time of year.

OMG!

{{{{{{{{{JACKIE}}}}}}}}}!

Sending lotsa hugs and prayers to you and your BIL:(. Hang in there love.

Hi Girls.

I banged out Kettlebell Your Way this morning with my 20# bell for the most part. I was drippin' with sweat. I'm gonna feel it in the morning! ;)

Ofcourse I got the Lauren Brooks' KB work out I ordered this afternoon. I previewed it and looks fantastic. Can't wait to try it. It's on tap for next week! :D

It's snowing and yucky outside here right now. If it stops, I am considering hitting the gym for the Groove class at 4:30. That will be the last of my required classes for the month and a relief with the holidays coming up so fast!:eek:

I have one week left of the rotation I am doing now and then plan to go all or almost all bell for a month. My plan is to do either 3 f/b bell work alternated with cardio or 2 f/b bell and 1 f/b traditional weight work out alternated with cardio. Either way, it'll be an all out attack on the extra pounds and body fat I accumulated over the past few months! :D Gotta get it in while I still can cause once mary training starts (or atleast once the mileage gets up there) I may be forced to really back down on the weights for a bit. :eek:

Judy: Wow, you've been cooking your heart out and it all sounds fantastic! I want to come by your house for Christmas Eve! LOL

Wendi: I neglected to comment on your ghost story! DUH! I believe in ghosts and find it a fascinating topic...so long as the spirits are friendly. :) Maybe your "friend" is still keeping an eye on you but sees that your fine so she is doing other things. Don't be surprised if she comes back if you need her again though. :) Yeah, I ended up ordering a 30# kb online. It was cheaper that way then in Sports Authority!!! Oh and btw, I don't know if you noticed but I sent you a PM a couple days ago. Just wanted to make sure you saw it. ;)

Christine: Yeah Nyquil will do that to ya! LOL Y'day's run was great. Thanks. I did ITread 5/60 mins. I hadn't done it in a while so it was nice to get back to it. It was the first 60 min ITread I ever purchased/did. :) Love the Christmas Eve proposal story. My DH proposed to his ex fiance on Christmas or Christmas Eve. I forget which. He proposed to me when we were having "Christmas in July" at a bbq in my backyard. It was all staged specifically as a way for him to propose. :D

Carole: Glad you had a blast! I haven't attempted running in the sand yet. I'm too chicken! LOL Welcome back!!!!:D

Linda: So why don't you use your KB's? What work outs do you have?

Laura: Great work outs y'day and today!

Brighton: Glad your DH made it back to his office safely. WTG on the run that brought you out of your slump! :D ITA on bad stomach viruses..scarey stuff! My son had 3 seizures in one day because of the stomach virus he had 2 years ago. We had to call 911 on Christmas morning and he was in the hospital for 2 days. We were an absolute mess with worry but thankfully he is A-OKAY! Very touching gift you got from your DH as your most meaningful gift. I guess guys really can be sensitive and thoughtful sometimes, huh? LOL :p (j/k)

Jackie: Nice work out today. You must have been in need of the stress reliever after the news about BIL. So sad. I gather they believe he will be okay though?? What a relief that he was only injured...Makes you really count your blessings this time of year. (((HUGS))) again!!!!

Let it Snow Let it Snow!

Hi Cheetahs! Enjoying my first true snowfall since moving to the East. It's especially beautiful since I don't have to go out driving in it;) I worked the last 3 nights and drove home this morning but it was still a snow/rain mix and the snow accumulation didn't start til later. Been an MIA cheetahs... sorry about that. I've been concentrating on getting the Christmas shopping/mailing done and have spent every free moment, when not working out or working finishing up a sweater I'm knitting for my MIL. I got behind and distracted with the marathon training earlier and now am under the gun. Got a lot done tho and I'm feelin like I'm catchin up:D.

Got in a great 4 mile tempo run yest and the BC/ME Combo. Today I just finished Amy's KBExt, including the heavy bag w/o and later will go for 40 min on the EXt.

Cathy- Glad you got the card! Are you getting a nice long Christmas break soon? I hope you don't have a mountain of work to catch up on and can truly relax!

Wendy- Go swing those Kbells girl! I gotta admit I haven't really been turned on much by working out with kettlebells the few times I tried it. what's your fav kb workout so far?

Judy- That is definitely a classic Italian Christmas!!! I am so impressed by that menu... that's alot of work!!

Wendy- Sorry you'll be working on Christmas:( Wow, that new co-worker's got alot of chutzpah asking you to work for her on the Eve also!!!!!! Well, I'll be working the 24th and 25th also. Didn't have to work the 24th but I volunteered to switch with a nurse who has younguns. I usually do this... Christmas is really all about the kids! Sorry you are battling a cold bug now! Hope you're feeling on top of things again soon.

Christine- wow... how nice that Christmas Eve has such a special memory for you beyond just the specialness of the holiday itself!!! Gonna go up and hike in the snow? Hope you are enjoying your rest day!

Carole- Hi and welcome back... altho I haven't posted in the last several days myself I'm ashamed to admit:eek:. All the snow gone? I guess it doesn't stick around there long. It was like that in Az. Looks like the snow falling here is gonna stay for a while. Getting right back into the swing of things with the workouts I see... that's our SuperCarole!

Linda- I'm gonna have to backtrack and read how you did on your recent 5k... pretty good I guess from the comments! I actually love doing the shorter races and usually do better on them then the longer runs... but I'm still drawn to the lure of those distance races:D Great workout today with the run and MM!! Awwwww...re your most memorable gift!

Laura- Very interesting comments on vegetarianism! I am a fairly recent convert myself... much to my DH's dismay I'm afraid. Like you I obstain from meat for health reasons mainly but am very aware of the ethical issues as well. Wow... how nice that your Mom was an RN!! Didn't inspire you to go into the field as well I guess tho! Hey... those were some FAST paced interval runs there speedy cheetah:eek::eek:

Brighton- So glad to hear that your back on track and feelin good.... runnin strong!!!:D:D I guess you are used to getting some serious snow like Gloria... that is scary when your DH has to go out in that weather tho! definitely a good choice he made to stay put!! When are you going to start with the definitive marathon training anyway (or have you already?)

Jackie- OMG... how terrible for your BIL!!!! Well, I suppose one can be grateful that he is alive at least... but what a horrible occurrence and my prayers are definitely with him and the rest of your family!!!! Nice to see that you are back into running form again.

Sorry I don't have time to backtrack and catch up on everyone at this point.

Hi Dallas, Posh, Karen, Gloria!!! Hope I didn't fergit anyone!:confused:

Shelly

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.