••• CHEETAHS ••• Ragnar Week! 6/15-6/21

Brighton

Cathlete
Good morning, girls!
Just starting things off-- gotta jet & get DS to school... I'll be back in a little while to catch up on everything in the den.
Hope all is well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Great workouts, Wendy! :)
I've been wanting to get out for an outdoor run, but it has just been rain, rain, and more rain. Big storms, lots of lightening. Normally running in the rain doesn't bother me, but thunderstorms... ummm, no thanks. Don't really want to chance getting a cold right before an event too!

Well, Friday is the BIG day. :eek::eek::eek: Crazy, crazy, crazy. My projected start times for my legs of the race are 3:44 pm, 3:29 am :eek:, and 1:21 pm. We start at 7:10 am in Logan, UT (close to the Idaho border) and are projected to finish around 3:10 pm on Saturday in Park City. I'm excited but nervous too. Guess there's nothing else to do but just dive in and enjoy the ride!!! :)

This week, I think I'm going to scale back on the workouts... Not exactly sure. I want to keep going with MTC, but based on how exhausted I was yesterday (and this morning), I don't know what to do. Clearly I need to have a lot of stamina going into the relay, and need to rest up. So........ Maybe I do a couple of circuits this week, and then pick up where I left off next week? Decisions, decisions...

I've got a lot of chores to do around the house today-- what the heck happened to my nice clean house over the weekend??? :confused::confused::confused: Then pick up DS from school and figure out what to do for a workout today.

Hope everyone is doing okay!!!

Well, back from picking up DS-- I am TIRED!!!!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused: Think I may lay down for a nap myself while the kids are down... Then try and go for a run (if the weather cooperates) or a stint on the spin bike (if it doesn't).

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Back to report I got 40 min on the spin bike today. Decided to hold off circuits... maybe for the week-- until after the race. Still thinking about it...

Aw man girl! I looked to see if you started this thread and couldn't find it so I started one this morning! LOL Let me go cut and paste my post over here...BRB....

Yesterday I took a 20 min walk with DS when DH got home from work then I went to the gym to catch a 5:30 pilates class. I had some time to waste so I walked on the TM for 10 mins while I was waiting for class to start. I am considering this an active rest day.

Today I will do 4DS bi/tri weights only. I am going to the gym tonight with BF and we will do weights and cardio. I don't mind working my arms a 2nd time in the same day but don't want to overdo the cardio. That being said, I plan on doing Bootcamp cardio by itself tmrw. :)

Brighton,

I could never do the relay you are doing. I'm too darned lazy-I need my sleep! :D I think it may be a good idea to rest a bit the week prior to the race.

Aw, sorry the thread was hiding from you, Wendy!!! Glad you found it though! :)

Your active rest day sounds mighty nice! :D Yes, I think I'm going to take a week off from MTC and dive back into it on Monday. I get really cranky and irritable when I'm tired, and I definitely don't want to go into the relay tired & cranky! :eek::eek:;) Today I'm hoping to get a short(er) run in, maybe some yoga to stretch out, and start getting my gear together.

Have a great day!!! :D

Today was a 5 mile run. Tmrw is a f/b weight work out. Not sure if I want go with something like Muscle Max or perhaps give 30 Day Shred another go. ;)

How are ya Brighton?

Hey there, Wendy!
Things here have been pretty crazy getting ready for the relay. I got a nice short run in on Tues... did about 3.75, with a 5K of that at a 8:40 pace-- that's pretty fast for me! :D It felt great. Yesterday I did just a half hour of spinning (more storms outside)... today will be just some yoga, maybe a verrrry short warmup run outside.
Tomorrow is the big day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm really excited. :) I will definitely be the caffeinated cheetah for the next couple of days!!! ;):p:D:eek: I will be thinking of my Cheetah pals as I'm trodding along in the dead of night! :)
I'll try to stop in tonight, but most likely I'll be MIA until Sunday.
Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Muscle Max Timesaver Premix is DONE! That should leave me sore tmrw! :eek:

Gonna do 4 DS Bootcamp cardio only tmrw and then it's off to Atlantic City for the night so Saturday is a rest day! :D

On Sunday I hope to do 30 day Shred. :)

GOOD LUCK BRIGHTON!:D:D:D:D:D

I know you'll do fantabulous!

Will you have any pics to post? :)

I'm planning on bringing the camera... hopefully my girlfriends don't confiscate it... 6 people in a sweaty van... can we say glamour shots??? ;):D:p:cool::eek: Thanks for the good luck wishes, Wendy!!! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.