~We're Melting On Tuesday~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today I have to take the dogs to the groomer. They look like little shaggy rag-a-muffins and need grooming badly. I'll be doing S&H Chest & Back after DH leaves for work. It seems so strange not working out while it's still dark. The lovely little ones got me up again at 3:30 to go outside, then I went back to bed for a change. My vacation is throwing their schedule off and they don't like it.x(

Robin:
You are still a "melter" and I bet that weight will come off as soon as you start some cardio again. You should ask for a remote car starter for Christmas. One of the best things I ever got!:)

Shelley:
It finally stopped snowing here. DH did the snowblowing twice yesterday, once before he went to work and then last night before we went to bed. The lovely city plowers keep plowing our street and putting it all at the end of our driveway. x( I could eat Mexican every day. :9 I never did the B&G stability ball workout. Will need to try that this week for one of my core workouts.

Michele:
What a nice DIL you are! You better get those cards out or you will have to be sending Happy New's Years ones! LOL:7

B:
No gain is ok this time of year! Your trip sounds wonderful! I will be going to Mexico in February, then DH and I want to go somewhere warm in March.. not sure where yet.

Lainie:
I think you need a good 2 weeks of rest with no workouts and lots of sleep. Your immune system must be down and you are not able to shake off what you have. Regarding the hard wood, we refinished our living room and dining room ourselves...a very big job that I would never do again. I will pay someone the next time!

Tneah:
I am still feeling DoMS from doing S&H legs on Sunday. I didn't go as heavy as you on the plie squats, only used a 20 lb weight. Don't you just love it when they wake you up and you feel guilty not letting them out thinking they have to "go", then you let them out and they wanted to eat snow? One of mine has this snow eating fettish! Your "Mexican" sounds great as a sub for the real thing.

Judy:
I loved the I-Tread today.. I did #5, a 40 minute one. I usually walk and even some of the walking guidelines are too fast for me. On this one I am able to stay with the lowest walking guideline, but have to actually jog some of the time. Grace must have legs like a gazelle!

TK:
I have to hand it to you for doing any step that is more complex than Cathe!

Well off to sit with DH while he eats breakfast.. Have a great day and stay warm.

Deb

Morning all!

Deb - what kind of dogs do you have? And yes, the plows keep blocking in our driveway too! *shakes fist at plows*

TK - I'm LMAO at the name of your dog dinghy. I love refinishing furniture too. I have a dresser and a bookshelf waiting for me in the new year.

I didn't manage to get up at 4:30 and run today, so it'll be after work. That's okay. Sophie is with her dad so I have time tonight. And it's four, count 'em, four more days until I'm off for a nice long chunk. My dogs will be confused then too!:p

Good morning Melters!

Ahhhh, my cards are done and in the mail. What a relief it is to have that out of the way.

I've broken my perfect workout attendance ;( . I haven't done a workout since last week -- I don't actually remember which day, it's been so long. There's a chance I won't have time to workout today either, but just in case I do what should I do, weights or cardio? I was thinking cardio might help me relax and relieve a little stress, but then, I hate cardio so it might actually annoy me -- lol!!

I'm having new carpet installed in my family room tomorrow so the first thing on my agenda for today is to clean that room from top to bottom. It's a filthy pig sty :eek: . The last time we had carpet installed the guys scratched our baseboards -- you wouldn't believe how terrible they look! Now that I don't have to worry about getting stain all over the carpet, I'm going to attack them with a scratch cover pen.

Family, or damily as I like to call them, will start straggling in for Christmas tomorrow. My SIL will be the first to arrive, followed on Friday by my BIL and his family. Needless to say, I have a lot to do. They aren't actually staying with me, but my MIL and FIL need help getting ready for the onslaught and that's my job. ;)

Well, now that I've prattled on endlessly about myself, I need to run :p . I'll try to come back later for personals. In the meantime, happy Melting! :) :*

Hi fellow melters. I have melted away a couple pounds of the water weight (wink-wink) from my 2 weeks off. Last night I did 4DS LIS and chest and back. Tonight I'm planning on some kind of modified step for about 30 min, followed by chest and triceps from 4DS.

Michele, let us know how lovely the new carpet looks. I was saying that the "cat" odor in our house shouldn't be too offensive for our company, since SIL's house smells the same and my mom can't smell anything. DH said, "I'm going to shampoo the carpet anyway." That was news to me. I'm not sure when he'll fit that in. I still don't have my garage space!

Deb, my cats don't get confused when we have a day off, but they let us know when we slept in enough and it's time to get up and feed them.

TK, LOL at the dogship. I'll think of you every time I see a dinghy now.

Shelley, I'm sure I've asked, but I've forgotten. How do you and your ex work Sophie's Christmas?

Our door here at work has been decorated and is awaiting judging. We made a big gingerbread cookie and hung outfits underhim for others to dress him up in. There is a lab tech outfit, a cheerleader, a pirate, a grass skirt and a SpongeBob Squarepants Halloween costume (because I'm afraid of old SpongeBob). We called it Project Doorway.

Hi-
OK. I have some kind of germ. Dang it all. It kept me up with a sore throat and ear pain much of the night, and I missed my 5:30 am spin class,. grrrrrr. At least I got in Boot Camp. I hadn't done it in forever. It was almost fun.

I am not up to a long post. have a good day ladies. Keep up the holiday spirit :)

PS DH brought home some brownies from a patient and had to leave them out in front of me. double grrrrrr.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Hey Melters,

I didn't get a workout in all day yesterday. :-( When I got home, my DF surprised me with a vegetable soup he'd made and after dinner we got the fireplace going and got comfy on the couch to watch A Christmas Story. I felt guilty about not working out, but since we usually don't get to spend that much time together on weeknights I figured what the hey... It was a very pleasant evening.

Gotta run, but I'm sending melty vibes to you all!

Hey there!:)

You all make me smile by the way, thanks for that!:)

Shelley, way to go with the Blast, good grief, that workout had me seeing stars at one point-it is sooo hard, I need to do it again..}( and your "cheesy" enchilada sounded delicious. The snow plows in Salt lake used to do that to us, we had a sloping driveway, so shoveling the snow was hilariously hard..slip and slide.

Deb, hope your pups have fun at the groomers. Georgie loves that place, they let him sit outside right by the grooming tables on a special mat. He is such a good boy.;) He too, is a "snow snarfer". He will gorge himself, roll in it, oh boy! Wish it snowed in Vegas...

Judy, feel better soon sweetie, earaches? Ouch.

Robin, your decorated door sounds like fun! Your workplace sounds like fun! Very nice, way to go with the water loss, boy can that ruin your day.x( My DH will not allow cats because of the smell, but I want one sooo bad, I love cats! Georgie needs a friend.

TK, love your dingy story. That is so cute :+

Michele,enjoy your new carpet!

I have a co/writer down and he will be here shortly, we are working on a book for one of our products....busy day, then time for the salon and my grey root touchup! Everyone have a great day...

Hey chickie-poos!

Well, I wanted to go to the grocery store at lunch and get a big salad, but when I got there, there were two big fire trucks outside and they weren't letting anyone in. So I went to Quiznos and got a small veggie sub and a V8. I suppose that's not too bad.

Robin - Sophie is with me for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, then she goes to her Dad's family for the afternoon and dinner and comes back to me Christmas night. Boxing Day (which is the day after Christmas and a holiday here, in case y'all didn't know:p) we go to my sister's for the big family hoopla.

Judy- sorry you're feeling lousy! At least you got in a workout.

Deb and Tneah - my Sadie loves snorfing up snow too! She just walks over to the snowbank and plunges her face right in. She also has this floof between her toes that collects snow so we have to clean the snowballs from her toes every time she comes in from outside!

Michele - yay for new carpet! I so badly want to rip the awful carpet out of my family room and put in hardwood. Carpet and big dogs just don't go well together.

We had a long haired cat named Elmo. He used to get those little snowballs between his toes. When he walked away from you, with his tail in the air, my DD thought he looked like he was wearing fuzzy snowpants.

Hello all. Just a quick fly-by. I've had a busy day and finished almost all of my Christmas shopping, even the stocking stuffers. My kids are totally scoring with their stockings this year. Lucky little weinies.

Still not feeling 100%. I really feel crappy at night--not so bad during the day. I resist taking meds before bedtime because I am so susceptible to drowsiness on those things. I would like to not ruin my day the next day because I doped up the night before. Of course, I'm not getting great rest so I'm tired anyway. X(

Hope to BBL for personals but I have some chores to get done and then decide if I can handle a workout. If I do, it'll be 4DS Kickbox + Legs.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Hi melters. Today was Gym Style BSB. After doing S+H for a couple weeks the faster reps of GS were killin' me! Since finishing my initial rotation with 4DS I've maintained my strength gains. I can match Cathe and sometimes exceed her weight selections in S+H and GS BSB where before there were a couple exercises that I had to switch to lower weights.

Deb: We do that all the time on the weekend - one of us gets up, feeds and lets out the pooch then back to bed. The dog can go a long time without going out, she just bothers us because she's hungry. I can't imagine what it'd be like with two!

Michele: It's amazing how one activity (getting new carpet) morphs into more chores (cleaning and fixing baseboards), but I totally understand. One time we decided to fix the leak in the bathroom and it ended up with us gutting the whole house for a total remodel.

Robin: Your door decorating contest sounds like fun. We used to do those things at work but somehow it got lost in all our mergers. Spongebob on a gingerbread man does sound scary. :eek:

Judy: Well you know that brownies do help you feel better if you're not feeling 100%.

B: Dinner and a movie at home with your DF is always a good excuse not to workout.

Shelley: I hope everything is alright at your supermarket. Though I dislike my supermarket sometimes, I hate going to a 'strange' one to do my shopping. I like to know where everything is and get in and out as soon as possible.

Lainie: Sounds like Santa will be visiting your house!

*runs in screaming holding head*

"Someone just sent a 3 pound box of my bestest chocolates EVER....See's candies!!":eek: }(

*tosses box to the person in next thread* 'Take these evil cellulite/love handler demons from me, please!"

*runs out still clutching 3 pound box of the bestest chocolates...EVER!*

:eek: I didn't see this one coming.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.