---<~:STS 6 Month Alumni-Week Of May 16:~>---

Happy Day Off!

Dh and I worked a long one yesterday. We are down to the little time consuming things that always take longer than you anticipate. Yesterday we had to put nosings on stairs and a ramp that is behind this really big stage. This place is crazy. I really did not know what the church was going to use it for but yesterday we got a clearer picture. There is a huge screen that comes down on the stage and 2 smaller (but still giant) ones that are up in these recessed panels on the wall on either side. There are 3 projectors that will broadcast the Sunday sermon into this room. On the stage the screen is so big that it will look like the pastor is walking across the stage. Just the projector for the stage was about $86000 dollars and the screen was about $40000. The other 2 screens were about 20 a piece. With all the projectors and screens together it cost more than my house. It amazes me that this is in a church. I guess I have to look at it like , if there were not churches like these I would not probably have as much work as I do.:rolleyes: LOL

I am torn between what I want to do today. I really want to go to town and go shopping for new bedding but I need to do some food prep for the week around here so I am sure that is what I will probably end up doing.

Jo-So glad you got to have a great evening with you gf. A girls nigh out sounds like fun right now...I have been around too many guys.LOL
Your area sounds so wonderful. There is nothing like that around here. Not even anything like that close to here. I am such an outdoorsy person and know I would love it there. It sounds like lots of things to keep you busy!

Kim-So are you seriously considering the Disney Cathe Road trip? I think that would be great! Your first family camping trip is coming up isn't it?

Cendrine-I hope you are having lots of fun!!!

I better go see what I can get into today!

Have a great Sunday!
TTYL
Rachel

Howdy Doody! Happy Sunday to all!

Rachel - WOW! That sounds like a HUGE church! But isn't technology great? So how long before you guys are finished with that job? Is it another week of odds and ends or will it go on longer? Whatcha got planned now for workouts this week?

You'll be proud of me! I got up and went to the 8:30 spinning class! It was a great way to jump start my day and I got the cardio glow!

So yesterday, we ended up going to the International District (China town) in downtown Seattle to get vegetables. I can not BELIEVE the fantastic deals we can get on vegetables there! DH has been stopping there to get my green onions, leeks, etc. of late, and we needed some so I said "let's go!" Then we messed around a little in Seattle and didn't get home until evening. Consequently, I didn't get my laundry done and other things I was going to do yesterday. But is was so gorgeous out I'm glad we went! So for example, right now in the grocery store, cucumbers here have been about 79 cents a piece and there I got 4 for a dollar! Likewise, green onions have been either 2 for $1 or 79 cents and little ones! Yesterday I got 4 bunches for $1 and the onions are fat! When we got home I fixed lentil/barley/spinach soup and then it was bed time! Before we left yesterday though, I had put cantelope, apples w/cinnamon and bananas in the dehydrator so I did get that done! :D

Okay, now back to the laundry. Happy day!

Busy weekend for us. The weekends go by so fast! Friday I spent the morning at Children's Hospital with ds and the afternoon doing the garden. By the evening I was so tired that I just read/watch tv while DH and ds went to the opening game of baseball.

Saturday was tons more yardwork. I got the whole garden in! I planted beets, carrots, peas, lettuce, and onion. Just waiting for the tomato and cucumber plants that I ordered from a fundraiser. We took up the whole patio and relevelled it. Replaced the shed door as a baseball had gone though it:rolleyes::rolleyes:. Got the camper ready to go the cottage next weekend. Then came in and cleaned out dd's closet and took stuff to charity.

Then it was off to piano lessons. Saturday night we went to a dinner theatre production of Grease for my niece's 11th birthday. Then afterwards my sister was having the birthday girl, and my dd and 2 friends spend the night at the hotel where the dinner theatre is located. They got the suite done up as the Titanic:rolleyes: The hotel also has waterslides. I was going to stay overnight and help my sister but she seem to have the 4 girls under control so came home at 11 pm. Had a hard time sleeping because of my sunburn from gardening.:rolleyes: Got up early this morning and took my ds to do a 5k race with his grandma. I should have run with them but I hadn't signed up because I thought I would stay at the birthday party. DS finished 3.1 miles/5 km in 25:11 and his grandma (my mom) finished one minute later. I'm glad I didn't run with them because they're fast.:cool: We're waiting for the race results but I'm thinking that they both came in first in their age categories. DS in the under 14 and my mom in the 65-69 category.:D:D:D I'm very proud of them both.

After lunch ds and I decided to go for a 1.5 hour bike ride and now I"m recovering. DH is going on a business trip this week so I'm a single parent for a few days.

Exercise wise, I confess that I have not done a structured workout in a week!! First my foot was sore and then the last 3 days I've been cycling, gardening etc. I had a few days left in the March rotation but workouts that I'm not super crazy about so don't know if I'll finish it off. I'm thinking of starting up with Insanity again as I never finished that rotation. I'll start something tomorrow.

Rachael So will you be finished this job sometime this week?? You've done great sticking to your workouts even when busy with work! No further problems with the toilet? I would definitely consider a trip to Disney/Cathe trip. I've always wanted to go on a Cathe roadtrip but couldn't justify spending that much money on a solo trip but if I could combine it with a family trip that would be great. We had planned to go back to Orlando sometime to see the new Harry Potter at Universal Studios. We don't usually go in the summer as it's really busy at the theme parks and hot! But we would change the time of year if I could meet cathe at the same time. The plan was to do a hot vacation to the Caribbean this winter and don't know if we can do both. (we were going to the Caribbean in winter of 2010-11 and back to Florida in 2011-12 ) We only can afford one famliy trip a year and usually go in the winter to get away from the cold and then go to the cottage/camp in the summer. I will be watching for more info. and decide once I know more.

Jo Sounds like you're having a nice weekend with a dinner out and shopping! Good for you for getting up early and going to the spinclass. The race that ds and mom did was put on by the gym that my mom goes to. She's a real gym rat. She retired so she could spend more time at the gym:) It sounds alot like the gym where you go and I know she would love it if I signed up and went with her. It's very close to my house (10 minute drive) I just love the convenience of working out at home while the kids are young.

Good Monday Morning!

I have NO idea what I'm doing for a workout today! :eek::):cool::D And, consequently, I've run out of time so will have to do something tonight! Yesterday I ended up working in the yard, doing some other cleaning, made a big stir fry and then it was time for bed. It wasn't until I got up today I realize I'd made NO plans for workouts this week or today! Scheesch!

Kim, you've been busy! And WOW on the race for ds and your mom! How fun and great results!!! You've got a great garden going!

Rachel, howdy to you!

I'll be back and post more later! Need to run as I have a meeting to get to!

So Rachael are you going on the roadtrip? Is it anywhere close to you??

I ended up doing Insanity workouts last night and tonight. I'm not committing to the 8 week rotation as we're going to be away some weekends and the listing the house in June. But those workouts felt good so I'll just go with them for now.

So what workout did you decide to do Jo???

Pictures of my mom and son.

Attachments

• 2009_05160019.jpg
    2009_05160019.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2009_05160022.jpg
    2009_05160022.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 4
Kim, GREAT pictures! Thank you for sharing them! I love that your mom is so fit! What a great role model you both are for your kids! And my gosh Kim, what great times they both had. When I was running and doing races, I think my PR was 27 something for 5K. I think I got that when I was pacing with a guy that was about 90 and decided I couldn't let him BEAT ME! LOL! It really propelled me on! :D

Well, I ended up not doing a workout today! :p I'm just winging it this week as I'm leaving Friday to go to see Mom. But I think this is what I'll do:

Monday - nadda! ;)
Tuesday - GS Chest & Triceps; spinning
Wednesday - Disc 17 legs
Thursday - Spinning, abs & water aerobics
Friday - GS Back, Shoulders & Biceps

So I have to go in Friday morning for a meeting and then I'll leave around lunch to go to Mom's. I'll probably be gone until next Wednesday (but I'll be able to check in with you guys!). I think I'll take the Travel Fit DVD with me (I still haven't tried that yet). So next week will be a bit of a recovery and then I'll figure out what I'm doing when I get back.

Rachel, you out there???

I forgot, I think you asked me this the other day Rachel and I never answered. I see the foot doctor on Thursday.

Hellooooo Everybody!

Just a quick drop in here! I have barely had 10 minutes to sit down and do nothing since coming here! We are going on a 4 hour train trip to my dad's place today and we are all packed and ready with time to spare so I thought I'd check in on you guys! Rachel, Texas! Disney and Cathe! Lots of fun! We were toying with the idea of a Disney cruise next year that would be going out of Florida, but I have no idea if we might be able to combine or anything like that...
The weather here has been aprilish for may but it's getting sunnier now. We have done all our bad weather activities right away since it was not really all that warm for a trip up to the tops of the mountains. Plenty of other stuff to see. We went in a huge cave, about 8 miles worth of it with lots of stalactites and stalagmites to see, happens to be close to my grandma's place so we went and visited her after we got done. This following week we want to go rent some scooters to ride down a nice mountain path and there is a zipline that is supposedly going at about 50miles an hour down the mountain! ds wants to do that one! There is also a giant slide going down the mountain as well, all close to where my grandma lives too, this is all new stuff so it will be fun for me too.
We already have more stuff than we came with despite the presents we brought for everyone, so we will have to check in one more suitcase for sure....:D
Can't stay and chat more now, but just waving from 9hr ahead of you!

Wow! I miss so much when I don't get to check in one day! :p

Sorry about that again...I feel like this is happening alot here lately but I promise this is almost over for us. We are really nearing the end. In fact, I am getting an unexpected day off tomorrow ( I think) because DH ordered a camera online and someone needs to be here to sign for it. I don't mind:D

Since this is the week that would be considered my recovery week if I was doing sts, I am going to take it a little easy this week and I think since we are planning on taking at least a week or 2 before the next job I am going to try and at least start the March rotation. Maybe I will be able to get it all done or at least get into some sort of pattern before we start the next one.

I have been watching for the announcement to sign up for the road trip...Did I miss that? I am still wondering what I would do with DH ...LOL The place has golf but he is not a golfer. I would love it if I could talk my friend into going and then her dh could go too. But I am pretty sure that is a long stretch!

Jo-Do you have big plans when you get to your Mom's? I know you have other friends in that area too.
You rotation looks great. I am just winging it this week too. Yesterday I did 4DS bootcamp and today a big goose egg.lol

Kim-Thanks for posting the pics. That is so great that you can be proud of both your mom and ds and it is great that they can do things like that together...WOuld your mom go on the Disney Cathe trip? The road trip is about 5 hrs from me so not that far at all since everything is about 5 hrs from me:rolleyes: It is really hard for me to plan that far ahead but I need to just jump in with both feet...I know I would not regret it!

Cendrine-Sorry the weather has not been ideal but it sounds like you are making the best out of it!
I am so glad you are keeping us posted when you can. It sounds like yall are having tons of fun. It is great that you are getting to see family at the same time. Is this the first time some of them have met the kids?

OK it's 5am so I better get going!

Have a great day and do some push ups for me;)

TTYL

Rachel

Hi All! Cendrine! So nice of you to pop in! Glad you're having a good time and hope the weather warms up! :D Oh my gosh, I would love to do a zipline (I think!) Let me know how that goes if you do it! I'll bet your family is just loving having you there and seeing the kids! What a great experience for them!

Rachel, I don't think they have announced the sign up yet, just the location and that it "green light Houston!" LOL! I hope you go!!! Don't feel bad about missing a few posts! Other things in life often take priority (or do they? :D) - just kidding. Let's see, right now, no big plans at mom's other than helping her with some chores around the house, maybe washing windows, that kind of thing. I'll probably see my sister and brother and of course my mom's neighborhood coffee clan (they come to her house every morning for coffee except weekends). That's always a hoot and lots of fun.

Instead of doing GS Chest & Triceps today (+ those push-ups for Rachel), I ended up doing Disc 36 Shoulders biceps and triceps. I decided to do that workout in case I don't have time to work out Friday. I would rather get my arms in than my chest and back! :p Okay, got to run. Also have spinning tonight and TBL!!!!! (So if I DO have time to workout Friday, I'll do Chest & Back)

Hello Kim! One more show and then the FINALE!!! Oh and Rachel, did you catch last week's LOST? I watched it Sunday night...oh my GOSH!

CBL!

Rachael, they did announce the sign up, it's on May 25th. Don't stress about not having time to check in, we know you're busy!

I did an Insanity workout for the third day and no sign of my plantar fascitis, so I'm happy!

Glad to hear from you Cendrine! Hope the weather warms up for you!! Enjoy the rest of the time with your famly!

Jo, I had to laugh at the 90 year man, it's funny what motivates us sometimes!

Wow Kim - what did you think of TBL? I'm bummed right now that both Koli and Darius are below the yellow line! But very cool for Ashley and Michael! I guess they can't all be #1!

Okay, quick update...FUN FUN FUN spinning tonight! The stars were aligned and I worked my BUTT off! The class was completely full and there were some people in there training for a Triathelon and they were some hard core cyclists! Anyway, Peter was especially hard on us and I was in the cardio ZONE! Definitely had the cardio glow afterwards!

Legs tomorrow morning. We got the septic guy coming to do our tank but DH will be here to handle that.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Good Wednesday Morning!

I will be around all day today. We got home last night and UPS had tried to deliver dh 's package. So when does something you are looking forward to ever come early? LOL They are going to try again today and this time I will be here! So Dh is happy about that but I am on the fence because I know that it would be better for an early Friday if I was at work. Oh well I am going to take the day to make granola and really try to buckle down and figure out what to do with the walls in my mudroom so maybe I will be able to get started this weekend.

Last night I had a terrible experience. I was so tired last night after work , I pretty much ate and went right to bed. I woke up at about 11 and was up till about 1:30 with stomach cramps. I am not sure if I had too much fiber yesterday or what but it was not too much fun. It was weird though...I knew I would wake up feeling great if I could ever go back to sleep. And sure enough...I feel pretty darn good right now.

I am doing 4DS HIS with core this morning since I missed that workout in my rotation. I am gearing up to start the March rotation on Monday. Wish me luck Kim!

Jo-I have this weeks and last weeks LOST recorded. DH and I will watch them sometime this weekend that way it will be fresh on our mind for the finally which we will watch Tuesday so I do not get any spoilers! I know it is going to be much talked about on that next Wednesday. Since we are going to be off next week, I will be able to stay up later and watch it.
How fun that your Mom has a coffee crew to look forward to every day! That is so great!

Kim-I am glad Insanity is not affecting you pf! You have Victoria's Day coming this weekend right? Are yall camping at a place you have not been before? Thanks for the date on the sign up...Now if I can just remember that. I also need to take a look at our finances and see what else DH has planned for the year. He has been talking about several places he wants to go but I tell him we need to plan ahead...We are so bad about planning ahead:eek:

OK better go get to my workout!

Have a great day!

BBL

Rachel

OK so far I got my workout in and the granola in the oven and the bed stripped and laundry going but I think that is about all I am going to tackle today. I think it is going to turn into a lazy day for me! I am not going to fret too much about lazing around on the couch, I think.:rolleyes:

I did HIS and I think it was my best performance at this one ever. I have always struggled with the choreography on the 3rd set (mainly because I never previewed this one). Today I took the time to watch that one , one time through that way I could get. Isn't it funny how we sometimes try to make things so much harder than they are.LOL

I am going to go try and do a little research on glazing and staining so maybe I can get these walls done soon.

TTYL
Rachel

Yeah Rachel on HIS! I love that workout! Well good that you're going to get to relax a little today! Enjoy it! :D Oh, I bet maybe you did have too much fiber. I've had that happen to me before and my goodness it felt like Alien with the little monster trying to come through my stomach! :confused: (Is that what yours was like?) Glad you're all better now. Oh and I'm going to watch last night's LOST tonight. Don't forget the finale is on Sunday night and not next Tuesday which I'm actually glad about because TBL finale is next Tueday.
I got up and did Disc 17 - it was the right mix today and length! I had to get out of there before septic man came or I was going to be blocked in! LOL!

Okay, got to get busy but just wanted to say Hi! Hello Kim!

Thanks Jo...I would not have known that if you had not said that the finale was on Sunday. Maybe DH and I will be watching 4 hrs (before taking commercials out) of LOST on Sunday! Oh I can't wait but after that I really do not have any shows that I can not live without seeing.
I do love Deadliest Catch too. I still have 2 episodes of that to catch up on too. I think I will have plenty of time after this week ends though!:D:D:D

Granola turned out great again! I love that recipe Cendrine gave us. I change a little every time but it never disappoints!

TTYL
Rachel

Hello again! Rachel, what tweaks have you done to the granola recipe that you especially like? I still haven't made it, but I'm thinking I might make it next week while at mom's. I've gotten way behind on Deadliest Catch...but I know there will be reruns! They play that over and over like they do Dirty Jobs!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.