~::CHEETAHS Terrific Tuesday::~

meatlessinca

Cathlete
Howdy Cheetahs!

WORK has been absolutely busy exhausting and I have a large headache right now, but thought I’d grab a chance for a quick hello before I head to bed….

Got in 10 miles this morning before work and am a bit askeered for the 18 coming this Saturday, but hey, I’m taking it slow and easy. I still love following Gillian’s clean eating pattern and it is showing! I’ve burned up 11 pounds already! I still have a lot of tonnage to go but this makes me feel even better especially since DH and I head to Maui in about 2 ½ weeks and I wanna feel half way decent in my suit …:rolleyes:

Cathy- FUNNY!!! I read your blog because I thought of you this weekend enduring the 18 miles and so I left you a comment. You’re on the way girl!! Great accomplishment – and when you get that 20 miler under the belt, you’ll be even more confident of the 26.2. I’ll bet you right now that you’ll run another marathon after this…you’ll see…lol :D

Wendi – Awe, you just need some relaxin’. You’re body was being the boss and making you get that rest you so deserve! Glad to hear you have some help coming on board! I vote for the massage – ya, the taxes can wait! LOL

Wendy lou – I hope your golden boy is doing better! Hope your run went well and your “F” beer night went good too! LOL

Judy – Holy shmoley! SO glad to hear your brother is alright! Wow, how scary. Sounds like you had a great time at the wedding and I love that you got your dad out to dance to “We are Family”…I can just picture how cool that was! Sorry about the trainer fiasco – I’d be perturbed!

Christine – ACK! I’ve done the same thing with the alarm before! and I hate when I keep hitting the snooze dreamily thinking I’m somewhere else only to snap out of it and realize I’ve been slapping the snooze for 40 minutes!!:eek: Hope your day went better

Karen
– Ya, we could use a cold front…it’s been ugly hot here too. Don’t like it for running. I do much better in cool weather. Good luck with your temp and long run this week. Oh gosh, I’m so sorry about the IRS issue…personally, I DESPISE the IRS ….so here's a grrrr…:mad: to go with yours...lol

Carole – Speaking of sharkies, I tried a new flavor…Peach Tea Breeze.. not too shabby, but me thinks I like the berry blast best…I still have to get by REI and check out the NUUN tablets though…have you tried those yet? Congrats on your weight loss!! COOL!

Linda – I’ve used the half power bar deal when I’ve been out of sharkies and what not and find that power bar does just fine in my stomach so I don’t think that’s strange…good luck on the future runs!

Shelly – So cool you are getting some great runs in your new area. We have the same type of no shoulder-windy roads up here so that ‘s why we go down to auburn to run instead. Too dangerous and the other issue is unleashed dogs…Good luck on your job interview!!

Ok, I’m seeing cross eyed now…and I’m 40 minutes past my bedtime so I guess it’s time to post and get to bed…

Have a great Tuesday gals!

POSH :cool:

Hey Cool Cats,

I have been busy with school so I have only been able to skim the posts the last two days. I am going to try and go from memory with some personals.

Cathy: Rock on with the strong long run sister! ;) I was so happy to hear it went well.

Wendi: Sounds like you will be back on your routine soon. :)

Carole: Congrats on the weight loss and your long run on Sunday. :)

Christine: I would have bagged the shower too. But you know how I feel about that. :) Nice ride the other day!

Shelly: Not that you need it, but good luck on the interview. Hope you can get what you need compensation wise. It will be nice when you can feel completely settled.

Wendy: 90 minute itread. Wow, great work there. Usually I partake in the cabs at a wedding, but I had to drive 2 hours home so I had to be responsible. I am not a good driver as it is. :)

Judy: So glad your brother is ok. How scary for him.

Posh: Sorry about the headache. You are doing great with the weight loss. You will look stunning in Maui! :)

Hi to Karen, Linda and anyone else I may have missed. No workout yesterday, but will jump on the tm here shortly.

Have a great Tuesday all. I am working the next three days. We have professional development all day and the open house tonight. The classroom is finally ready for the kids on the 2nd. The weekend should be relaxing now.

once again, it is pouring here (not that i'm complainiong as wel DESPERATELY need it) but it sure makes it difficult to get out of bed and motivate, especially with my monthly "visitor" who is being a PITA!!! *funny story, two kids at school for whom english is not their fist language were arguing and kept saying to each other "you are a piss in the ass!* hee hee hee...

onto personals (i already lost some on the oal thread so i am not a happy camper!!!)
002.gif

carole-jasper is now about 100%. it's a really miraculous recovery. how was your long run sunday?

gloria-OMG
012.gif
about your sleepover story!!! yeah, the school situation is sucking because i used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE going to that school. it's amazing how th climate of one admin can change the collective in the school. i am actually doing my literature review for my dissertation right now and am readin a lot about administratos and collective teacher efficacy. i might just bring some of that to my principal because morale is pretty low and it seems to stem from this one person who, in my heart, i know is nice but imo, not able to handle the demands.

shelly-i only wish you could come to the sanctuary with me. you would LOVE it! it's such a tranquil and peaceful place (not to men tion lots of great places for trail runs!!!).
093.gif

christine-yes, the goats are so sweet. actually, one of my very favorite animals is a 2500 pound steer named cracker jack. he gives GIANT sloppy kisses, is incredibly sweet, a kid could get on top of him and ride him around...i am glad i son't eat meat already but i definitely wouldn't after meeting all the cows, pigs, etc. i do love goat cheese, tho! i would have probably wussed out on the shower, too.

wt-no, i definitely like to either let things slide (because if you think about it, there are not a lot of things worth losing your peace over), but this is affecting a lot of people. also, he is being nasty and dismissive and that should not be ok. there was another pretty significant incident that i really should go to the principal with, but i haevn't so far. *sigh* i can't believe how drastically someone would change just because they went into admin. he's the first experience i have with that.
086.gif

linda-sorry about your bad run. we all have those sometimes. in fact, i thinkwe need them. i usually run so much better after a "bad" one.

wendi-yeah, it happens. if he wants to be an arse, he's going to have to realize that he is making it miserable for everyone and n oone wants to be around him. we all used to eat lunch together and i just couldn't do it yesterday. i have no desire to be around him if i don't have to...

wendy-i did the ext sunday. just got on and did a mostly steady state for an hour. yesterday was musclemax. today...i have NO idea. i have zero motivation.

posh-i like gillian's info. did you join her website? the recipes ont her are great (made the aduki bean casserole sinday night...yum!) and she has a 12-week bootcamp that's pretty intense. i like her, there are some things (like juicing) i'm not going to do because i'd rather eat the whole veg or fruit, but otherwise, i like her plan. had to figure out that an aubergine is an eggplant and a cougrette is a zucchini!

well, i am thinking about doing an iTread but going for jogging or maybe even walking. i am just NOT feeling it. we'll see. i could do a combi. i'll know when i get down there...

Good Morning.

My eyes about popped outta my head :eek: as I was reading "Good job on your 90 min Itread..."! LOL I went back and checked and yep, I transposed the numbers in my post. I did ITread 9/60 minutes not ITread 6/90 minutes! LOL

Cathy: Great circuit you created yesterday. Very creative. No desire for a CL!? You are my hero. ;) Nope, no bbq's on the calender yet but ya never know. DH's dad will sometimes throw out a last minute invitation to one on a holiday weekend so there's still time. Loved the gold star that you gave Carole. Too cute. :)

Carole: Congrats on the weight loss. You are doin' so great! :)

Wendi: Sorry I ate your cheeseburger on Sunday. I'll return it to ya if you want. :p Glad the new girl at work seems promising. I'm keeping all appendages crossed for you that she works out. Bowling was dreadful again...for me anyway. We took one game. We will be getting gutter money on Thursday when they do the pay outs. :mad:

Karen: I'm so sorry about the IRS crap. That is total BS but that's the way they operate. It stinks but I'm not surprised. HUGS.

Lori: I just got Aunt Flo this morning. JOY. LOL I find her to be quite the PIA as well. Thankfully she never visits me for too long! LOL

Gloria: Glad your classroom is ready to go so that you can enjoy the holiday weekend. Responsible?? What's that? LMAO! That's what DH's are for, silly.....OR hotel rooms! ;) :D

Posh: Great job bangin' out 10 miles before work. Holy cow I could never do that! I love hearing about your results with your new eating plan. The results you are getting are amazing. Are you getting excited for Maui? :)

Looks like I'm all caught up now.

I have yoga class this morning. I will do something else as well. I think it will be short TM run after class.

BBL.

Morning, cheetahs!
th_happy-038.gif

Carole :: IA, SNM is kinda taking a longer time than I thought they would to respond to the support forums. And I'm kind of surprised that many posts don't get any responses at all. I know they were crazy-busy between the RTs, the site launch, fixing the major major bugs, and STS, but I'm hoping they do find time to start addressing some of the suggestions.

Wendi :: hope you banked some refreshing zzzz's last night! The mouthwash is a different sort of LD, if you will. :) It would make a great substitute until you can make it to the spa.
th_signs.gif

POSH! :: T-47!!!! :) :) :) Nice job getting 10 in before work. 11 down? WOW! Phenomenal!
th_thumbup.gif
th_thumbup.gif
th_thumbup.gif
(Guess you just shot to Hades my theory that ya can't lose when training for a mary. *lol* But I think I'll just remain in my own little bubble of denial.) But seriously: that is fantastic! Oh, and you really have me laughing with your prediction of more marathons in my future.

Gloria :: hope your PD day is worthwhile and you have a great OH night! You've inspired me to get productive today. :)

Lorie :: Tough situation you got there. If it is having a drastically negative impact on morale, I would say you are justified in speaking to the big cheese. Good luck. How many days a week are you at the MS?...enjoy your relaxed-pace iTread.

Wendy :: thanks on the circuit. I had fun with it. BM2 is not a DVD I'm all that familiar with, so I'm happy to get more use out of it. I really loved the weight work...No, no desire. Seriously. I guess that's where the ol' German stubbornness comes in handy. Once I get my head set on something, that's it...enjoy yoga & your run.

As much as I love a morning run, I have been incorporating more PM workouts lately in order to re-acclimate myself to my soon-to-be school schedule; therefore, later today will be a run + WP. I need to see if I can get some kind of sport strap for my prescription sunglasses. They were slipping last time.

Have a great day, everyone! :)

Quick Cheetah check in unitl this evening. I'm about to do some type of circuit and then I'm out the door to my sisters. We are going with my neice to Target and then to lunch. She leaves for school on Friday so this is our last get together. Then I have to go to the post office to send my IRS thing certified because HR Block said to do that so I know they got it. Still fuming over that from yesterday but there is nothing you can do. You either pay it all at once on they set up payments with you where they charge you intrest like a loan. I'm just going to put in on the visa and be done with it. Ok, I am out. Have a great day.

super quick workout report. i ended up doing cc8 on the tm. i walked at 4.7-5.0 with hills (which you KNOW i despise) at 5.5-6.5. i jogged the last challenge (all freaking four of them!!!) at 6.3 and 6.0-7.0 hills. i managed to eek out 5 miles in 60 minutes so i am a-ok with that! i do feel better now that it's done. i just had NO motivation to do it!

okay, off to my "fun" school! yay *insert sarcastic tone here*

Tuesday is looking better!

Christine- At home I have a semi recumbent bike. Would Spinervals work with it? The position of the pedals on this bike makes it impossible to be out of the saddle. DD made a very similar Dr. Seuss comment about the closing ceremony. Just. too. weird.

Hi Carole- Thanks for the comment re DB. Is the heat wave over? Way to go on 4.5 lost! 5 more will be no problem!

Cathy- Great going on figuring out what works for long runs. Thanks for the info on your blog, I will check it out. The trainer will still train Sam at his gym. In fact we went yesterday. Having the trainer here was so convenient at our club, because Sam could jog there and back for his warm up and cool down. But anyway while I waited for Sam to train I got in an hour on the EXT with cardio coach #8. It was a great way to make the best of our drive out there. Great WO yesterday!

Wendy- The trainer owns the spin bikes, there fore no more spin at the club. Our gym is really small and is part of our golf club. Sam will now train at the trainer’s gym. It is close to his school. So when school starts in two weeks it will be more convenient.

Shelly- Way to go on your awesome long runs! I think the north east agrees with you J I hope you are offered the salary you desire.

Karen- Those blisters sound nasty! How can you prevent them? Karen OMG The tax error discovery is absolutely rotten!

Thommassina- 11 pounds is amazing! Have a great time on Maui!

Gloria- Enjoy your last bit of relaxing before your school year gets going!

Hi Lorie! I think it maybe a good idea to point out your observations to your principal. I am trying to get back onto the better choices . Yesterday was just a continuation of weekend eating. Yuck. DH and I have dinner with some friends tonight at an amazing Italian restaurant. But I can always have Clalamari Fradiablo and leave most of the pasta. The trick will be avoiding the bread and not consuming too much wine.

Yesterday I ended up doing Push Pull going very heavy and later at DS training session I got on the EXT and did Cardio coach #8 for 60 minutes. It was a good workout day, even if I did not do any cleaning.

Today I was planning on golfing, but I think I am going to stay home and knock off the cleaning. DH and both DS managed to shoot one chipmunk out of the door with a hockey stick. ( poor thing) We always try to get them out unharmed. Now I think there is one more in here somewhere.

Last edited:
Good Morning Cheetahs!

Karen – good job on the 3 mile run. The ride to work was fun, except for the idiots who kept pulling out in front of me. Oh, I’m so sorry that the IRS is doing this to you! That’s ridiculous!!! :mad: I’ll keep you in my thoughts today as you deal with this pain!

Carole – CONGRATS on the weight loss!! WTG!!!!! :D YES re: men’s volleyball! Especially after everything that happened. Yeah, the closing ceremonies were a bit out there. We have the second shower all set up. It should be fun.

Linda – you can resize the images on your iPhone by taking your thumb and forefinger and expanding them. It’s really cool, actually. Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

Shelly – Great job on the 12 mile run! Hope the job offered enough money! Thanks for the kudos on my long ride. I can’t wait to do it again.

Cathy – Glad to hear you figured out a formula that works for you. I’m playing around because if I’m doing distance rides, I have the same issues. Nice workout! Good luck with your run today! Hope you glasses don’t slip – that’s never fun!

Wendy – Good job with the iTread 9/60 minutes yesterday. Glad to hear Clyde is fine. Yeah, I’m looking forward to Chicago. Wish you were coming, too, but so totally understand!

Wendi – I love your spirit and determination. Plugging away is all any of us can do. Glad to hear about the new girl. I hope she’s everything you need! I am happy we have internal alarm clocks! They have saved my butt I don’t know how many times!

Thomasina – I hope you’re feeling better today!! Great job on the 10 miles! Congrats on the 11 pounds!! That is always encouraging! I put my alarm clock across the room so I have to wake up a little before I can hit the snooze. :p

Gloria – Hope work goes well!! Must be hard to get back into the swing of things after a summer off.

Lorie – Oh, I love goat cheese, too. I’m not a big beef eater, and I cannot eat pork or lamb either. I’ve known some licky steers – they have HUGE tongues! I grew up in farm country and had steers within bike riding distance of my house. Hope you’re feeling better.

Judy – hmm, a recumbent would be tough with Spinervals as there is out of the saddle work, but you could adapt some of them. Glad to hear I was not the only one who thought the closing ceremonies very odd. :eek: Hope you find the chippie!

Yesterday I didn’t manage to get the Zoot Challenge in because I overslept and I forgot to pack DD15’s lunch. But, I wore my HRM when I rode to and from work (and over lunch), and I burned enough calories, so I’m happy. Today, I think I’ll do parts of Tough Love. As I have to take Jimmy in to day care, I'll be driving. Poor little Mini won't know what hit it - I haven't driven it in a week! Have a fab day all!

Good morning!

Karen – Your rest day definitely turned into and “active rest” day! LOL…I remember having to sneak out toys when I would try to clean the girl’s closets! I got caught a lot, though!  Ugh! I am sorry about the lousy IRS and your taxes!!! That would make me really mad, too!

Wendy – Good job on the “90” minute iTread yesterday! LOL….I was trying to remember a 90 minute iTread….and for the life of me….I couldn’t remember one! I was definitely going to purchase it! Then this morning I see your transposed your #’s. Wish they would make one, though!!! Still….great job, Girlie!!

Cathy – Great job on the EXT and BodyMax Circuit yesterday! That does look like a really great workout! I was kind of thinking of maybe flip-flopping some runs to evening,too! It will feel better knowing someone else would be doing that “with me” as well!

Carole – Congratulations on the 4.5 lb loss!!

Wendi – I like your idea about the trail mix/protein bar! That sounds like a good one! Hope you got some rest last night and that you are ready to “bang out” a great workout!

Posh – Great job on your 10 miles before work!! Good luck on your 18 this weekend! Wow, girl! Congrats on your weight loss! Seems like so many Cheetah’s are melting away! (all except me! )

Gloria – Have a good few days at work!

Lorie – I hope we get some rain, too! We really need it! I am hoping and taking all of you guy’s words for it…..that will do good on my next 15 miles (the actual race!). LOL…I hope anyway! Enjoy whatever workout you decide to do!

Judy – Good job on PP! I came sooo close to pulling that one out this morning! Enjoy your golf!

Christine – Sorry your didn’t get to do Zoot….but good job on your ride to take DD her lunch! That was probably much more enjoyable…being able to get outside! Thanks for the info on expanding the screen! I was tapping 3 times, and that enlarged it some, too.
I will try what you said today!

This morning I did L&G’s, ran 7 miles and did the abs from KP&C.

Hi to everyone that checks in later or that I may have missed!!

LInda

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...your smileys yesterday gave me the biggest smile myself!! Thanks...very sweet of you...:)..I also think it is bizarre SNM takes so long for answer on the support forums. Some questions have been there for a long time without an answer. Very smart of you to put off the morning run to acclimate yourself for PM workouts. Enjoy your run and WP workout later. I am sure you can find some king of sport strap for your glasses, I rarely run with them...Thanks too for the feedback on adding the Custom food to the recipe. It worked like a dream...:)

Wendi...thanks re my weight loss and a bit faster pace! Glad to hear the new girl knows a few horse things...:)

Karen..I am so sorry about the IRS crap! Sending {{{HUGS}}}. Thanks re my weight loss. Enjoy your get together with your sister and your niece. I jut love Target...:)

Posh...I bet you will do fine on your 18 miles coming up! Congrats to you on 11 lbs down. As I know, not easy to do...:)..Maui in 2.5 weeks sounds heavenly...Thanks re my weight loss. No I have not tried the Nuun tablets yet. I get whatever type of Sharkies Target sells, I think they are Berry Blast too!

Gloria...thanks re my weight loss and long run. Glad to hear things will settle down a bit the rest of the week for you.

Lorie...So happy to heat about Jasper...:D. My long run went well. It got hot towards the end and as I am trying to get some weight off the last couple of miles of a long run are tough right now.

Judy...we have had a few cool days, but the heat will be back by the end of the week. Thanks re my weight loss. It just seems so much harder at this age. Good job with going heavy with Push Pull and time on the EXT. LOL about DH and DS getting the chipmunk out with a hockey stick...:D I will be cleaning with you today.

Wendy..LOL about the iTread mix-up. 60 min is still good! Thanks re my weight loss. Enjoy yoga and a short run.

Christine...Thanks re my weight loss. Glad you have the 2nd shower all planned. Good job with getting enough calories burned riding to and from work yesterday. Have fun with Tough love.

Linda..thanks re my weight loss. Good job with L&G, the run and abs.

Guess what?....I finally did it!!!! Yep....it was tough, but yesterday I got a 4.0 GPA!!!!!!

Today will be pyramid legwork & Interval X+. Then some neglected housework!

Have a great day..:)

Carole - WOW!! Congrats on the 4.0! I would hate to see what mine would have been! Enjoy your pyramid and interval workout!

Okay....Can I ask for some advice from you guys? We are planning on taking Thursday and Friday off before the race on Saturday. I ran 7 miles and did L&G today. I was planning on an upper body workout...(probably Pyramid UB) and a run tomorrow. How far should I run? Does this plan sound okay? Patty thinks I should run 7 or 8 tomorrow. She ran 8 today and is doing 6 tomorrow (but she doesn't do weights). What do ya think?

3 Cheers for Carole....

HIP HIP HOORAY!

HIP HIP HOORAY!

HIP HIP HOORAY!

WOW, you really did it!! You really got a 4.0!!!

That could NOT have been an easy task! I know! I've been trying!:p

You da bomb Carole! WOO HOO!

Great job!

Now back to our regularly schedueld thread...

:D

Linda: I'm sure you wouldn't have been the only ITreader scratchin' her head wonderin' how she could have missed a 90 minute work out!?! LOL You mean to tell me you ran 7 miles after doing Legs and Glutes!? Holy smokes woman! You are unstoppable!:eek:

Christine: I love the Mini Cooper! What a cool little car. I'd love to have one but it's not real useful when you have a little one in tow most of the time. I wish I was goin' to Chicago too. I hope someone takes lots of pictures so I can atleast live vicariously! :) Good job taking the bike to and from work.

Judy: Glad that Sam will still get his training sessions. Sorry about the spin class. Is there a gym around that offers spin classes for a separate fee w/o having to join the gym? I know they exist. I tried to find one before I joined my gym. Ofcourse there were none in my area but it doesn't hurt to try.... Poor lil' chipmunk. Hopefully the 2nd one will be more cooperative about getting out of the house then the first one was. My mom has had one living in her backyard for a few years now. She hates it cause it eats her plants but they are such cute little things. :)

Cathy: German stubborness, huh? I want some! Are you a Taurus or is your Birthday too early in April? I'm a Taurus and they are known to be stubborn as well. Somehow though that doesn't seem help me with my will power! Phooey! :p So I take it you haven't attempted the step section of BM2 beyond the blasts? That work out offers so much that you can still definately get your money's worth out of it without ever touching the regular step routine. Try the double upper body premix. I think it's BM2 that offers that. OMG-IT'S INSANE!!!!!!:eek:

So I went and took my yoga class this morning and then hopped on the TM for ITread 5/20 minutes. Anyone ever tried to run right after an hour long yoga session? NOT EASY! LOL Thank goodness it was only a 20 minute run or I would not have made it! :confused:

K, gotta get ready...promised Joey I'd take him to the park again today. It's sooo darned nice out there. How can I NOT!?

BBL!

Good morning Cheetahs!

I made it through the weekend but still didn't have time to post. Friday's workout was Shred #2 and SSE Cardio Core. Saturday I managed to get a 3 mile run in at the hotel. There was a college next door. So, I was able to stay close to the hotel and the college had water out for the students. Grabbed a bottle for myself. Sunday was a rest day. Yesterday I did a Firm Classic - Volume 4. Today, I did iTread #26 30 minutes and got in 3.5 miles. Decided to add 10 minutes and ended up with 4.5 miles. Added a 20 minute Yoga Zone - Yoga for Weight Loss.

I'll start personals with today.

Posh - I feel your pain. Work has been so busy and it's getting hard to get my posting in. Hope that headache is better. Great job on the 10 miles! Good luck with the 18 miles this weekend. Glad you're seeing some results from Gillian. Congrats on those 11 pounds! Has to make you feel awesome!

Gloria - Glad you're getting all the school stuff out of the way so you can relaz this weekend. I'll be cleaning house getting ready for my open house on the 6th. Hope the open house goes well tonight.

Lori - LOL at the kids and their argument. :D Bet they still got it! Hope your PITA gets better. Good job on that run!

Wendy - I can just see you passing out doing a 90 minute iTread with Grace. :D Bet you didn't have any oomph for that run this morning after that yoga got you all relaxed. Have fun at the park with Joey. When does school start for him?

Cathy - Don't you just love having those runs over and done. Good way to start getting back into the school workout groove. Like the sunglasses ok?

Karen - Enjoy the time with your neice. Sorry for the IRS woes.

Judy - Enjoy dinner tonight. Great job on the workout yesterday. Maybe that made up for the less than stellar eating. Good luck with the chipmunks. Saw some wild turkeys in my back yard last week. They had better be careful or they could be somebody's Thanksgiving dinner.

Christine - Sounds like you're enjoying riding your bike to work and burning some extra cals.

Linda - Quite a workout for you today! How are the legs?

Carole - Congratulations on the weight loss! WTG on the 4.0 GPA!! Enjoy your leg work and Interval X.

Hello to all others!

Just wanted to stick my head in for a few minutes. Must get back to work.

Have an awesome day!

Linda...thanks...honestly, I was amazed at how bad I was eating when I thought it was good. The nutrition software really does help!! I think anywhere between 6-8 miles tomorrow would be good.

Wendy....
22.gif
, you are a sweetie. I was hoping to get the 4.0 at least once!!! IA running after yoga is tough, so way to go. Enjoy the park with Joey.

Jackie...you got in some good workouts last weekend. Thanks re my weight loss. It was so cool seeing ALL of those A's!

My workout is done. Off to do some cleaning...

Carole- congrats on your 4.0 GPA ! That really is amazing!

Linda- L&G and then a run? :confused::eek::( !!! I hope you get some good advice re your run tomorrow.

Jackie- wild turkeys! We have seen a few this way too. It is always nice to see you popping in for a visit.

Chrisitne- I'm thinking that out of the saddle in many cases is slightly easier than the same settings seated. So perhaps I could just back off a bit on the resistance?

Well lunch is over so it is back to cleaning for now.

Carole - I know I have said it before, but I definitely want to try the nutrition software. That is amazing! Thanks for the advice. That is what I will do, then :)

Jackie - LOL....the legs are toast! Great job on your workouts! Sounds like you have really been busy!!!

Judy - LOL about the pictuer in my mind with the chipmunk!!

Heartbroken for my BF and her family... :(

While I was out and about this morning with DS I got some terribly sad news...

A little background first:

My BF's mom has been sick with cancer on and off for years. It started about 10 years about with breast cancer. She had a masectomy and was in remission for near 5 years when they found it in her bones. I am sure most of you know this, but for any who might not, bone cancer can not be cured. It can only be "stalled"-I can't think of a better word for it right now. The docs managed to stall it and give my BF's mom a good quality of life for a few years but the last year (maybe a little more) has been tough. Things have been slowly going down hill. She's been having more and more issues. She's been in and out of the hospital ALOT over this time and has undergone a few surgeries to try and make things better.

Right now:

This poor woman is in the hospital right now for the second time in only a few months. She is supposed to be recovering from a surgery she just had to correct an issue caused by a previous surgery that she did not heal properly from. I do not know how this came about yet but apparently they've just found out that the cancer has spread. It's now in her brain. They've given her roughly 3 months to live.

BF's good friend whom she works with has been kind enough to keep "in the loop" on BF's mom via text messages when something happens that she thinks I should know about. She obviously knows everything quicker since she works with BF. She's been a God send to me but also to my BF because that is one less person she has to call and tell any unhappy news to.

That being said, I got the sad news in a text from BF's friend just as I was walking out the door to bring Joey to the park and it made me cry. I didn't have a close personal relationship with BF's mom but I've been friends with BF since 2nd grade so ofcourse I knew her and I am considered a part of the family. I can't believe this is happening.

I want/need to reach out to my friend ofcourse but I am at a loss for words. What can I possibly say at this point? Her mom has officially been labeled as TERMINAL. I can not imagine how she must feel. There is NOTHING I can say to make it better or make it seem not so awful. Should I just tell her I was told the news and that I am here for her if she needs me for anything? I don't want to go into how awful I feel cause that's liable only to bring her down even more.

Gosh this sucks!:(:(:(

Wendy- coming from someone whose mom was just diagnosed with bone cancer caused by a previous breast cancer I think just saying you know and are hear for her is the best. For me sometimes I talk and talk about it and other times I pretend that it is going to be fine. My mom is very early stage and I hope and pray it will be stalled forever. Right now she is achy with the treatments so I can just imagine the pain it is for your friend to see her mom that way or to have delt with the worry that goes along with this for so long. Just be there if she opens up and if she doesn't then just give a hug and tell her if she needs you that you are there.

I'm so sorry to hear about this and it scares me that one day I will be your friend. You are so kind to consider her feeling and she is lucky to have you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.