~~Watercooler~~~ Top of the Morning Tuesday

aschendell

Cathlete
Hi all....just starting us off...I will be back after my appointment with my advisor.

Wendy...
Glad to see you home...That is one big fish!!! DD looks so proud of herself! The area looks beautiful. So glad you had a great weekend.

Sandra...
Glad to see you are still alive...I was wondering if you got sucked into a dark hole at the Y or something!

Jeanette...
Back later to catch up with you!

Back to chat more later...Hope everyone has a great morning!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good morning,

Deb, hope all goes well with the advisor today.

I have a full body weight workout planned this morning, then biking in the afternoon.

BBL,

Jeanette

Good morning,
Today was the Upper Body Split premix from Muscle Endurance. Good workout and boy, does she work the biceps in that one. Have a hill climb bike ride tonite. Gotta get my mind right for that bad boy.

Where is everyone?

BBL,

Jeanette

Good Morning All

I did Jari's GR last night and tonight I have Yoga. If I have any energy after that I'll try some cardio when I get home. I suppose to have baseball practice this week but don't know what night yet.

Jeanette - glad you're seeing some improvement in your golf game. I've tried golf and just can't get into it. I LOVE sports though. I just can't decide if I'm a righty or a lefty when I swing the club. At hockey I'm a lefty and at baseball I'm a righty but can swing left too if I have too! In the past I've been a righty for swinging the club but I putt left. Go figure. Good luck on the TOUGH hill climb. All I can say "better you than me":) :) BTW, I loved your tractor beam metaphor. Are you a trekkie fan by any chance?

Wendy - what did you get Phil for his BD? My DH would just die if I showed him your pictures. Lately, all his vacation plans revolve around fishing. He took up fly fishing a few years ago and everywhere we go, if he sees a river and has to check it out to see if it would be any good for fishing. We went to Alaska last summer and I think he'd like to get out to Montana sometime in the next few years to try their rivers.

Kim - I'm glad that the church service offered you some comfort. I can't even imagine what it is like to lose a child. We've decided to only have the 1 child and sometimes I wonder if that is the wrong decision. I hope the housing market here climbs over the next few years as we'll be selling summer of 2010, but of course where ever we move I want the market to take a dive!!!:p I'm glad the t.v. season is wrapping up now, between the weather getting nicer and less taping to do while I work out. I sometime resent not being able to watch the t.v show when it airs. I've gotten away from reading over the years and want to start doing it again.

Debra - how many urchins were you responsible for and how old? You wouldn't have to worry about mine, he is so timid. Went to the carnival ride and sat him in a little ride that was of cars that rode around in a circle. He really wanted to get on it but as soon as I sat him in it and buckled him up he started freaking out. This is also the kid that pushes his bike. I'm not one of those Mothers who try to protect their kids from harm but in some small way I guess I'm glad he's not a daredevil:)

Sandra - I'm so glad I'm finished with my schooling. I'm in accounting so any night school I take involves lots of homework. Yuk especially when you work full-time. Our company has a College of Construction where we have to have 35hrs a year of learning so we have lots of Lunch n Learns and a library of videos to view but atleast the time commitment is only 1 hr each. I much prefer signing up for day seminars that require no reading or homework. Is the end in sight for you? I know you have something this fall to do.

Laurie - glad you enjoyed your Mothers Day. Its good to be around family. Do you have a new dog in the household?

With regard to my stress this week at work all I can say is: SUBTRADES - PAY YOUR BILLS SO I DON'T HAVE TO GET INVOLVED

There, enough said.

Better get to work.

Good Morning Ladies!

Debra: Sending your advisor Get Debra's Schedule Straight!!!! vibes!!!!! Backed up a whole year! Now, we can't have that nonsense. Don't they know you want to move on with your life?!?! I will certainly not squeeze my dh for you!!!:p For one, have you seen his glutes?!?!?! They are solid like a rock!!!!:eek: I'd break a nail!!!!:7 ;) :+

Jeanette: Now get those negative comments out of your head! You know sometimes a hill is just a hill.:7 Coach Sean cracks me up! Don't worry your pretty head any longer. Have no fear! Wendy, the Good Witch is here. I'm back with enough hot air to blow you up right over that hill!!! WTG on busting out another early morning workout!!!

Patricia: Serious as all get out... I didn't get Phil anything for his birthday!!!!!! Serious!!! We, including Phil, forgot what the date was!!!!!! He took off from work so I could see my mom. Anyhow, the girls and I will go pick him up some fishing lures and a shirt today while he's at work. The girls did bake him some cookies and made him a homemade card.

Yes, that's right ladies! I don't deserve Phil! In fact, every year since we've been married I've celebrated his birthday on the 13th!!!! I even had eldest dd start to argue with me that his birthday is on the 13th!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Why?!?! Because I THOUGHT it was on the 13th!!!!!!!! And, now that finally after 10+ years, I remembered it was on the 12th, not the 13th, the 12th sneaked up on me!!!!!!!!!x( Only Phil would put up with me!!!!! Thankfully, he's not into birthdays. He says that after 21, it doesn't matter anymore. Yeah, right. He still has to remember mine!:p :+

Okay ladies. I've got some work to do!!! I've gotta educate these kids, bake a CC, and buy some gifts!!! Oh! And fit some Eoin into my day!!!

BBS for catch up personals.

:* :* :*
Wendy

Morning Coolers,

Todays workout was a 3m run and BBC Legs & Butt cardio. Later tonight I will do the BBC Chest & Abs weight workout (from yesterday) and BBC Legs & Butt weights.

Youngest DD was very excited last night, because for next years dance class she graduated to the next level. There where only two of them that advanced. The smile on her face, and the yacking she was doing on the way home where priceless. :D The best part for her was that the two girls who goof off will not be advancing. :D I don't think that they will even be back, because they are showing the classic signs of boredom.

DH is taking today and tomorrow off of work. He is going to be getting my dress started. YIPPEE!!!!! He created a drawing of what I wanted on Sunday, and I want him to color it so that I can scan it into our computer and try to post it. He might be taking Friday off to, because he want to see the new Indy movie. Well so do I of course.

Debra, LOL about the urchin trying to make himself a dinner for some bear! :7 Oh free wine! Do they just send you them? Will be interested to see if you get to try ones that we didn't get to taste. LOL about the bison, guess they really don't look good enough to eat when they look like that. :7 :7 But I still want to find some. :7 :7

Jeanette, Hope that hill climb goes will for you, sure sounds like something that I want to avoid. Hills hills everywhere. :7 :7 Something I try to avoid. :7 :7 I can't wait to hear how the race goes for you this weekend. Yippee on those golf lessons paying off. Oh I never sing solos at church, my voice would start to crack from nervousness. I like to sing as a group.

Patricia, We have had our dog since Sept, and we got her from the Humane Society. She is the BEST dog! Today my oldest DD said she was crying because I didn't take her on my run. :7 :7 I plan on taking her with me tomorrow though. My DH made the comment that the dog is my dog. :D Probably because I am the one that takes care of her. Oh I love the little comment on the bottom, about paying your bills. :D :D My favorite saying is "I am not accounts payable, how do I know when you are getting paid." :7 :7 :7

Wendy, What a great looking fish. My first trout was only big enough to fit on a plate. :7 :7 LOL about you not remembering when Phil's B'day is. :7 :7

Kim, So sorry that you have to go through those emotions, it has to be very hard to go through that. Men are so different in how they deal with those type of things than women do, but yes they do try. LOL on the house, makes you wonder if they are going to get their $ back from the renovations. Would be interesting to know how much they spent on the upgrades. Do you have that new Wii fitness? I saw some blurb on it in the Fitness mag that has Cathe in it. :7 :7 Just had to put tha tin there. :7 :7

Sandra, Hope those mini-assignments and thesis editing go quickly for you. Oh yes Cami gave me a nice wet kiss in the ear. Must be because I was bending over to wipe her with a towel. :D :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Okay...back from my advisor visit...I will not be taking summer classes as originally planned and I can't get into the anatomy class this fall...so I will be pushed back a year for the PT program....I have already resigned myself to this...and I will say this...I know what NOT to do now! I am okay about it...I will take this as my last summer to play and then get cracking in the fall with physics and psychology...I will be able to bring up a couple of my grades from my first time around in college...And doesn't Eoin say, "Everything that doesn't go right, goes wrong for all the right reasons although it may take time to see it." I am not going to dwell, just gel. See...I NEED to visit with Eoin this summer!

I am planning on some sort of kickboxing today with KM legs drills added on. I have a new KB dvd that I will probably do. I have somethings around the house to get done, too.

OMG...Polly just farted, and she turned around and looked at her butt like WTH was that??? LOLOLOLOLOL! Silly dog!

personals.....

Wendy...
My love...You are totally cracking me up this morning...a couple of days off and you are truly in fine form! Between the broken fingernail on Phil's rock hard buttocks, 'a hill is just a hill', and having no idea what day your husband was born on.....I don't think I can take much more!!!!!!!

Laurie...
The urchin who was trying to get into the bear cage was actually a girl...She is he!! on wheels! So glad you DD was promoted to the next level of dance...That is awesome! I know she must be really excited. The wine is definitely stuff we didn't taste because it is all special and limited editions...and yes, they just ship it to me! How great is that????? I know you must be thrilled to be getting a new dress this year! Can't wait to see the pics of it. I bet your DH is happy to be off for a couple of days.

Patricia....
Have a great time in yoga tonight. I was responsible for 3 urchins who are all 7 years old...but some of us walked around as a group and the climbing urchin was with one of the other parents. If it makes you feel any better, my DD still doesn't ride her bike...She may actually fall down and scratch her knee and the drama would be unbelievable! I used to read all the time, but I have found that I can't concentrate for that long anymore...This has been a recent thing. I just can't get into a story line in a novel lately....I must have 20 books stacked beside my bed that I want to read, but just haven't. I keep starting them and never finishing.

Jeanette...
I am sure you will do awesome on your hill climb tonight. Your legs are strong and you will prevail!!!!!!!! I am here to be your cheerleader whenever you need! Glad you golf went well last night...When do you have another lesson? Sorry one of your team mates is on the IL. Luckily, the other gal is ready to step up. I will definitely have a glass of wine for you....I needed a little wine break in the middle of the zoo yesterday!

Sandra...
Sounds like you have a lot going on. Pop by to say hi when you can! Good luck getting all of your stuff done by Friday. I am so glad you are enjoying your course! And the darn thesis! Gracious woman...you have a lot going on....all with being preggers with Brad's love child! How do you do it all???

Okay..think that catches me up for now...Hope everyone has a great day. I am taking my mom out to dinner for Mother's Day tonight, so I will bbl to check up on you guys.

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Grrrrrrrrrrr Men

I need your opinion as to whether I would get off.

I've had 2 stressful days at work. We're sitting eating dinner and I accidentaly helped DS to knock over his milk. I jump up and rush to clean it up. I'm down on the floor wiping it up and had thrown another wash cloth on top of the table to stop the flow. DH's elbow is 2" from the cloth. Do you think he would help to clean it up? I quote "Why, I didn't make the mess"?

I'm thinking the jury would let me go free for time served. Needless to say I'm fuming and hope yoga tonight relaxes me. He should be sleeping with one eye open tonight.

Debra - too bad about having to wait a whole year :7 :7 Hope you enjoy your dinner w/Mom tonight. Are you going somewhere special?

Patricia...
LOL! I think if you had a jury of your peers (ie a group of married working mothers) everyone would be on your side!!!! Hope the yoga is fun and relaxing. We had a great dinner with my mom...We went to a seafood restaurant and had king crab legs...Yummy!!! Now I am stuffed to the gills, though!

I did my new kickboxing dvd tonight (Kickbox: Core Cross Train)...which focused a lot on core, obviously. I liked it a lot....If you like Kenpo, you would probably like this too...especially since Patricia Moreno explains how to hold yourself to get the most out of your core work. I will say that it is probably on the intermediate side...but I didn't have a problem keeping my heart rate up...and I didn't even get to the combo section. I bet I will be sore tomorrow in my abs since I was feeling it after the workout today. I also added on KM leg drills with ankle weights. I guess to keep with my current plan I have to do cardio again tomorrow...and one a body part...I guess I need to decide which dvds I am going to use for my body part of the day...hmmmm....Any suggestions?? I just finished up using SH and GS and Amy's Slo Mo, so I would rather do something besides those. Maybe MM plus CTX?? I welcome any other suggestions.

Okay...where is everyone today??? You can take a day off on Mother's Day, but not on a Tuesday! See you all later!

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Just finished PLB. I always dread this workout and then when I actually do it, it's not so bad. I think I fear the boredom of it more than the exercises. I might not be around Wed/Thurs as super busy evening activities as well as work. Volunteer meetings and such but I will try and check in if possible.

Debra- Wow, that is a lot of moving. I guess you were moving for XDH's job? I'm sure you would like to stay put now that dd is in school. That's scary about the tornados so close to home for you. There sure seems to be a lot of weather incidents in the world this week. Oh, congrats on the A!!

Wendy- Congrats to your dd, she looks so proud in the picture! What a beautiful stream. LOL on the birthday mixup! It seems most guys don't care too much about their birthdays.

Jeanette You sound so excited about your race! That's too bad that one of your teammates ended up injured hope it's nothing serious! How did the ride go tonight? Are you resting after today? The pool is still leaking x(

Sandra Hope you get some breathing room soon.

Patricia- How was yoga?Are you nice and relaxed now? Just wondering what kind of accounting certificate you have? My husband and mother are both CGA's and my dad was a chartered accountant. I'm a huge reader, I read every night before bed for about an hour. I usually fall asleep with my book open and lose my page. We have a great library 5 mins away so I'm often there.

Laurie CONGRATS to your dd!! I haven't got the Wii fitness, but I was looking at the pamphet at Walmart. My feeling is that it won't be much of a challenge but maybe I'll read some reviews I bet there will be reviews at videofitness.com

Goodnight, Kim

Ohmmmmm, Ohmmmmm, Ohmmmm, I am now relaxed...

Enjoyed Yoga and came home and did my new Cardio Fusion. Skipped the Power Circuit section and only did 4 of the 6 drills but that was still one tough w/o.:) Will sleep like a baby tonight, hubby is safe. He did apologise when I got home, but they're never really sincere but I can move on.

Debra - how about the upper body from BM2. I was just thinking tonight I haven't done it in a long time? Glad you enjoyed dindin. Stick a fork in me I'm done feelin?

Kim - I've been enjoying PLB lately b/c it doesn't exhaust you like other do. For example, LL or GS's. I do skip the calf section though as I find the hamstrings on the ball just kills them as a follow up. I don't have a designation. Back in the 80's when I graduated from College w/diploma you really didn't need one but as time has gone on you can't get in the door with out initials behind your name. I've looked into getting my CGA but I'd have to get a University degree 1st and then go thru the program. I figured it would take me 10yrs with working full-time. I'm happy at my job, I'm in a fairly senior position and really don't want to go up the ladder any farther so I'm content. Hoping for early retirement too in another 10-15 yrs.:p :p

Anyhoo, I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open. They're dry so time to go and put some drops in them.

Have a good evening everyone and chat tomorrow.

Hi,
Bike hill climb was a good one. Tough as ever. It only gets easier if you do it consecutively during cycling season. However, if you do it the next season, it's a bear all over again. Anyway, I made it up without stopping. I think my mph on the steepest part was 3 mph. Could really have walked faster. Any slower and I would have fallen over. Some of the climb is in the shade so that makes it more tolerable. We zipped on down it, though it's not my favorite downhill as it's so steep and the pavement isn't that good in a few areas. I warned one of the gals to be careful as she's a real bomber going downhill. Afterwards she said she didn't enjoy the downhill and was on the brakes a lot due to the bumpiness. My other girlfriend hit a rough patch right before a turn and thought she was going to lose it and fall but didn't. After that she slowed down.

Patricia, so you are ambidextrous? My DS shoots a gun left handed, but shoots a bow right handed and does just about everything else right handed. Golf is a tough game. How could hitting a ball that's not even moving be so difficult? Every once in a while I hit the ball really nice and it comes off the club so softly (sweet spot) that it keeps bringing me back. Last year when I first started, I would hit the ground hard with my club so many times that I had a bad elbow from it. I seem to be past that spot now. I too love sports, but really enjoyed playing volleyball when I attended junior college. Me being short, I was always a setter on the team. Not really a trekkie here, though I used to watch Star Trek quite a bit. So your DH likes to fly fish? My DS likes to also. He started when he was in grade school, tying his own flies. Wasn't "A River Flows Through It" filmed in Montana? Rest assured, my DH would have handled the milk incident exactly like yours. LOL for time already served!

Wendy, I definitely felt you blowing me up that nasty hill tonite! I wish I could say I sailed right up it, but it was more like a floundering fish on a bike. Not a pretty sight I'm sure. But... I made it without stopping. So much of it is mental. I'll be carrying the good vibes and mental stuff with me for the race on Sunday. I know the route and I know where I can push and when to hold back. I'd like to break my record from last year. Need to look it up again. I actually had the 3rd fastest time out of 11 teams made up of men and women who did the same relay course I did. I should get my DH to give my legs a massage before I leave for the race. I would have to convince him that it is needed for me to go my fastest LOL! He's not as accommodating or trained as well as your DH. I think he'd want to know what was in it for him if he massaged my legs. I'd then have to tell him that I'm in training and anything he wants will have to wait until after the race. Don't think I'll get the massage LOL! You are cracking me up about Phil's birthdate. I can't remember our anniversary. I have a framed wedding announcement on the wall in the living room. I have to go look at it to remember if it's July 14th or July 24th. Seriously, I have a mental block. Did you say CC? :9

Laurie, WTG to your DD for advancing to the next dance class! Glad the slackers didn't get to advance as it sounds like they definitely didn't deserve it. Can't wait to see the dress that your DH will be making for you! I wasn't a solo singer either, was much more comfortable in our little acapella group with me singing a harmony part. Especially when I got to the notes where your voice breaks (think it's A for me). Our dogs love DH as he's the one that gives them the fun. Fun for them is going in the Jeep or pickup and going out to the woods or to the store. I'm excited about the new Indiana Jones movie too!!! What is the release date? I thought it was the 22nd.

Debra, sorry that you won't be able to take any classes this summer. Oh well, glad you can go with the flow. Love your attitude. LOL about Polly smelling her butt! Our Lexxie does that too. Like, "what was that?" I think I'll take another lesson in another couple of weeks. I need to practice what I learned more. I'll be seeing you at the triathlon, running me the steep hill, like they do in the Tour De France. Thanks so much for planning on being there!! Your dinner with your Mom sounded wonderful! You get to go to the best places to eat! Now you and Wendy are making me want to have CC again. Didn't I just finish eating enough at your house to last a lifetime?

Kim, good job on finishing PLB. I am kind of tempted to do a leg workout tomorrow, but had better not. I think I'll do an easy bike spin on Thursday or Friday and call it good to go for Sunday. Hope you get that pool patched. Guess you wouldn't put Slime inside to patch it, huh? So the days ahead are going to be a bit busy? Post when you can.

Must get to bed earlier tonite, see y'all in the morning.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.