~~Monday Melting!~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I am off this week so the workouts will be a little later than usual. True to form, when I thought I would sleep in a little, the dogs could not figure out why I wasn;t getting up so at 4:15 they were doing their "Let's get up" dance by the side of the bed. Needless to say, this cannot be ignored. I will hit the treadmill when DH leaves for work.

It is still snowing here. DH is on his way out to do some more snowblowing.

Michele:
I may try to make that rotation into a "generic" one so that I can sub the workouts and cardio. I need to print it out first.

Tneah:
Your house is gorgious!

Lainie:
Love the tree and the weight package! Our house was built in 1920..and I thought it was old! We have a traditional one as well. I love your floor and the woodwork too. We have all hardwood floors ( except for the kitchen)

Stay warm and . Have a great day!

Deb
;-)

Goodmorning Deb. Lucky you, having the week off. I'm working all week, but have Christmas eve and day off the following week. I have a mile long list to get done this week, and it includes workouts, so wish me luck.

I'm embarrased to call myself a melter after the last two weeks. I have gained (!!!) 7 pounds. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back on track now that I can workout again. I still plan on taking it easy, with a 6 inch bench, and only about 30 min of cardio, but it's way better than nothing.

tneah, I love the picture of Georgie. He looks like a huge, slobbery love bug. We always thought we'd have a dog, but never had the life style. We're not home enough. Two cats are plenty for now. Maybe someday when we retire. I always wanted a standard poodle.

TK, one of our pathologists has sailed in the Virgin Islands. We land lubbers like to joke about the "dingy" people when they pull up on the beach to throw away their garbage or walk their dogs. My sister and her ex had a sailboat when they lived in Havre de Grace (spelling) and I miss the weekend trips on the bay.

Hi Michele. I miss you. Seems like that's all I ever say to you anymore. Stay safe while you run your crazy errands. We had the rain and ice here too, but the highway crews did a good job keeping the roads clear. Now we have the wind. And yes, I did step on Saturday with my brace. I took is easy and it felt alright. Not perfect, but alright.

Poor Cari! I hope you get over your bug. It sounds nasty!

Hi to all the rest of you melters. I have to go scrape about an inch of frozen snow and sleet off my windshield. Have a great day and give me an extra thought or two to keep me on the wagon please.

Morning Melters!

Deb - I'm so jealous that you're off! And my dogs do the exact same thing. Sometimes if I ignore them, they go away ;)

Robin - It's just water weight *nods wisely* I'm sure now that you can resume some working out, it will melt away as quickly as it appeared.

Tneah - George is beautiful!!! Your house is lovely too. I love the idea of being able to open all that glass, but the black marble must be awful to keep clean!

Lainie - love the wrapping job on the weights!!

Cari - I hope you feel better soon!

Michele - I'm waving as you run by!!!

Well, I didn't work out yesterday. I did, however, shovel... and shovel and shovel and shovel and shovel. Then this morning I woke up to the end of the driveway being completely ploughed in, so I shoveled some more. Ugh. It's not even winter yet!

Today is a leg workout. I think I'm going to have to cut back on UB for a little bit, to give the elbow a break. It didn't much like all the shoveling.:-(

'Mornin' Merry Melters!

Oh boy...oh boy oh boy oh boy -- lol! The count down is on and I'm trying to stay sane. My MIL called me yesterday with a list of items she wanted me to round up for her grandchildren. Now I don't mind, and in fact, I'm happy to help her out, but WTH did she wait until yesterday to ask!? I found everything online, and just because she waited until the last minute, I'm having everything shipped 2nd day air -- LMAO!! (She can well afford it -- I don't want you to think that I'm robbing elderly women on a fixed income or something :p ).

I was going to address my cards yesterday but I never got around to it. DH and I were out all day fighting the crowds and the traffic was unbelievable! So guess what I'm doing today :p . I need to fit in a workout, too. I haven't done one in 3 or 4 days -- the most I've missed since Oct. 1.

Deb - That's so great that you get the week off before Christmas! Oh yeah, my kitty cat won't let me sleep in either. He knocks things off our dressers and nightstands until we get up and feed him x(

Robin - I've probably gained weight, too. I missed my weigh in on Friday and I'm not going to bother to weigh myself until this Friday. I'm sure you'll resume melting now that you're working out again. And like Shelley said -- it's just water weight ;). I miss you, too :*

Shelley - We were supposed to get your weather but, thankfully, we didn't. I can't imagine shoveling all that snow and ice with your elbow!! You better give it a good rest, young lady!

Lainie - I love your tree!! And your gifts look so pretty wrapped in white with colored ribbon. ^^^5's on your workouts, but take it easy! I'm so worried that you'll injure your ankle again.

Hello to everyone who checks in later!

Hi Everyone!

Well, glad to be back to the check-ins after a very hectic week last week. Work was crazy busy... And I think I got one workout in all week. :-( I did remember to weigh-in Friday but the scale showed no change from the prior week which is fine by me at this point.

Sounds like I have a lot of catching up to do so I'll try to be back later.

OK - I'm back!

Robin - at least you have some time to melt some more for your vacation! i have less than 2 weeks before i go on mine!! we leave to Puerto Rico on 12/28 and from there we're going on a cruise through the South Carribean on the 30th for 7 days. i am in no way, shape or form ready to put on a bikini!!!! i keep telling myself i better not ruin my vacation by being self-consciuos the whole time, but we'll see. Anyway, I agree with Shelley that it's probably just water weight. The pounds will come off in no time now that you can AND WILL workout again!!

Lainie - hope you're feeling better!! good for you getting yourself a barbell set for Christmas! that's one of the only items missing from my home gym. since i don't lift so heavy during legs i stick with dumbells.

Tneah - i've said it before but i'll say it again - i LOVE LOVE LOVE your house! and your doggie is a cutie!!! i went crazy taking pictures of my pup yesterday in the snow. he absolutely loves it. one day when i figure out how to post pics on here i shall post one of him. i know i've seen instructions on how to do it but i haven't taken out the time to try...

Michele - speaking of scary driving conditions, it was snowing and sleeting on Thursday of last week and as a result I left work early... do you know that my car (rear-wheel drive) got stuck on an uphill ramp when i was trying to get on the highway??? i caused so much traffic and there were what seems like millions of cars behind me. it was SOOOO SCARY!!! i was literally stuck in the same spot for about 25 minutes because my car just kept fish-tailing all over the place.... :eek: Thank God I, eventually, was able to go forward and made it home safe. Needless to say I went on Saturday and bought a brand-spanking new ALL WHEEL DRIVE car. Merry Christmas to me!! :7

Cari - glad to hear you are feeling better too!

Deb - lucky you being off this week! enjoy your time off!! you know, it's funny but my dog hardly ever wakes me up when i sleep late... on the other hand my fiancee complains because he says that during the week the dog starts whining and bothering him the minute i walk out the door to go to work!! i guess i should consider myself lucky! ;)

Shelley - I also shoveled yesterday - especially since the snow blower ran out of gas. x( It was a real pain because it was so icy! Can't wait til spring...

Okay - I must get back to work. Have a GREAT day, Everyone!!

Well, my heartburn issue is back today. Not sure what's up with that. I'm also coughing a lot at night--think that might be my allergies and I am not bad during the day except for this heartburn. I took some Tums to no avail so far. I'm also sleepy--didn't sleep well last night. Anyone have pointers on foods that are better for heartburn?

Bad news on my weigh in today--gained 0.4. :( That means I'm down a whopping 0.2 since we started supposedly melting. Well, I suppose it could be worse....

Isaac's school was on a 2-hour delay today due to ice, and Ewan's nursery school class was canceled. It's been a bit of a rough morning with Ewan--he woke up early and has been super-cranky. I can't wait for naptime.

Yesterday I did a nice yoga DVD and today I hope to do 4DS HIS + All Upper Body premix, depending on how I feel when the time comes.

Deb, I tried to sleep in a little this morning, too (since school was delayed) but of course in my case it was the kids who wouldn't let me rest much. We have all hardwood floors except for the bathrooms. Eventually we'll need to get some of them refinished, but they're o.k. for now. No need to make them too nice when we have two little boys running all over them. :p

Robin, we have the wind today, too. It's one of those days when it's painful to go outside because of the wind biting at your face. I shake my fist at the wind but that just makes my hands cold, too.

Shelley, maybe you could add some nice upper body stretching to that leg work today. I bet you'll need it after all that shoveling. Just don't stretch that elbow the wrong way, of course.

Michele, don't worry about my ankle--I try to be careful. I am at least starting on just a 4" step. Oh, the white paper is an idea I got from Real Simple magazine. I can use the same white paper all year and just change the ribbon for different occasions. The only problem is when there's writing or pictures on the box that show through the white paper, so I have to double-wrap it.

B, hope this week is calmer than the last one for you! I have been borrowing my DH's barbell set, but I didn't like it because I have to use pliers to undo bolts every time I change the weights! Also it didn't have a good selection of lighter weights for smaller weight changes. So now I have my own.

Tneah, you are just so sweet. I didn't think my new pic was pretty so much as kind of goofy. And I always get most of my own presents--DH sucks at getting gifts, though he occasionally comes through with jewelry, which I appreciate.

Hello to everyone who follows. The heartburn is a little better. I'm wondering if milk will help. Somehow it seems like milk should help, but I'm not sure.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Lanie, I had a bad (BAD!) case of heartburn a month or so ago, while out shopping with DH. We bought some chewable Pepto, and within 1/2 hour, I felt better. I don't know what brought it on and it hasn't returned.

Hey Everyone!

I actually completed the whole Step Blast workout yesterday!:eek: I am such a bad stepper but figured since I figured out the Low Impact step portion of 4DS I could probably figure this one out and I did! It wasn't pretty, but I did my best. So happy to have another cardio option now.

Today is week 4 from my 4DS rotation, today is Slow and Heavy legs, so i will be feeling the burn with you Shelley! I love/hate leg day.:7

Lainie, I take the over the counter Prilosec. Lately, I have been noticing I get heartburn almost everyday, not sure why, drinking water helps and so does avoiding any food that is more acidic. My dad and on of my sisters has it really, really bad maybe its genetic? I dunno, but its annoying and it hurts.:-(

Robin,don't "sweat it" woman, those pounds are history once we all get through this holiday madness...whose idea was it to "melt" right before the holidays anyway??:7 I applaud our courage.

Cari, take care of yourself!

B, Oh your trip sounds so wonderful. I have been to Puerto Rico many years ago, my ex-hubby (I refer to him as Satan actually), took a cruise on our honeymoon...I remember it being a very beautiful place, just remember a cute sarong or tunic covers up a multitude of sins, plus they look cute!

Michele, you are so funny, is someone excited for Christmas? I know, me too-its just that fun feeling in the air....

Deb, sorry your "boys" woke you up, must have been something in the air, my Georgie woke me up twice last night, once to pee, once to simply sit outside and keep "watch".x( I am so not the alpha in our "pack", my DH is the alpha and George considers me his "playmate" which he needs to "guard" when my DH is out of town, its cute.:)

Okay, off to walk Georgie, and do some writing....oh, is anyone else craving Mexican food? Sheesh, you would think I was preggers ( I am not) with these cravings for enchiladas, tamales, chips, salsa, guacomole, etc....anyone have a low cal recipe for cheesy enchiladas?
Fa, la, la, la, la,la, la la!
:7

>just remember a cute sarong or tunic covers up a multitude of sins

Tneah, I think a mu-mu is more like it...LOL!

Okay, I exaggerate. It's not thaaaaaat bad.

Hi funny Ladies-

How is our Monday? Or storm was a typical winter storm not a record breaker.

About that melting idea.... I am not getting on the scale for a bit, but I am practicing moderation....sometimes !

Michelle- You are a rear DIL for sure! Thankfully you let your fingers do the shopping!

Robin & Shelly between the two of you. A full workout can get done! Just kidding.

Deb - how was that iTread today? I did iTread # 3 sixty minutes today.

Lanie- I love the white wrapping paper!!! And you tree is Beautiful! Do you live in Manhattan? DD is living there. I can't wait for her to come home for Christmas.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Okay, I know I should be working, but am still fantasizing about my cheesy enchiladas.:p Didn't think anyone had a recipe...!

Seriously though, I came up with a "Mexican food fix". Take some baked tortilla chips-Tostito's brand is best, top with fat free or 2 percent cheddar cheese, fat free sour cream, shredded lettuce, salsa and a little bit of guacamole! :9 Not too shabby right? I am making that for dinner tonight...yummers, not super clean, but it could be oh so much worse.;-)

I did Slow and Heavy Legs this morning, hum, I think I liked it, I made myself really push the weights, I used 45 pounds for the plie squats so my hip is really getting stronger for sure...hi-ho-hi-ho, back to work I go....

Get movin' lady!}( If I can suffer through them so can you!:7 Just think of the nice butt you are creating.....I'll watch from the sidelines while munching my cheesy enchiladas!

Okay, okay, fine! I did B&G Leg Blast premix and the B&G stability ball bonus abs.

Now I'm eating a very healthy flax tortilla with an egg, some avocado and a bit of salsa and pretending it's cheesy enchiladas;)

Good evening melters. This morning was another go at Philip Gray's step tape (that's part of the CIA Cardio Trilogy I've mentioned before). For those who asked, his complexity is less than Seasun Zeiger and Christi Taylor but more than Cathe.

Michele: Try to keep sane with all the holiday goings on. Your MIL is lucky she has you as her personal shopper!

B: I'm so jealous of your holiday trip to Puerto Rico and cruise. I agree that a sarong covers a multitude of sins. Just look at my avatar LOL. Needless to say I have a ton of 'em.

Tneah: WTG on Step Blast. If you can do that one, then you can do any of Cathe's step tapes.

Lainie: No, there isn't a stripper pole in the basement LOL. In my spare time I like to refinish furniture. This job I have now is an old radio cabinet. It's far from a Chippendale (pun intended), so refinishing it won't ruin it's value or anything.

Deb: I too have a dog alarm, except her 'let's get up' dance is a wet nose to the face and then she jumps up on the bed and sits on me - all 58 pounds of her :eek: . They don't understand us sleeping in, do they?

Robin: Yeah, we're dinghy people too. Our dog has her dinghy which we named 'Dogship'. At a distance the name looks like it ends with a 't', if you know what I mean. Needless to say I've quite a collection of beach glass that I've picked up while waiting for the dog to do her business ashore.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.